• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UO Legacy

• Thread starter Taming Tucker
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
T

Taming Tucker

Ok now this is just an idea so dont flame me for it...
What if, instead of trying to get a Pre UO:R server, EA takes
the UO:R game discs, copies the data, strips all the things that UO:R
put into effect, and releases it as UO: Legacy, a whole different game,
and maybe charge an amount around $5.00/month to play.
Now, many people would see this as another idea for the server, but its not at
all! Change the client so it logs into a single server, we dont see Catskills, or legends or Siege, we just see the server, Legacy. With only one server, it will concentrate all the players on to one server, creating a land mass with people interacting with each other again. No Paladins, or samurai. Just the original released game, with all the bugs that UO:R fixed. No trammel, just felluca rule set.
Another benefit that this idea could bring is bringing back many many MANY old players who left because of trammel. It would increase EA's revenue while increasing the amount of people playing UO. Putting us right back up there in the top of the MMO list, as we should be. It would make the need for freeshards to be useless, and maybe those who play them would come and join us if EA used this idea.

Thanks for reading this,
Tucker of Catskills-Taming Brittania, one creature at a time.

deadite

Sage
It's My Birthday
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's rumored that the source code for Pre-Renaissance has been "lost."

But I'll daydream along with you...

I think it would be sweet if they finished up the KR client, made it completely playable, smooth and as bug-free as possible... then made that the only client for "UO Legacy"

I

imported_Sip-n-Shine

<blockquote><hr>

But I'll daydream along with you...

I think it would be sweet if they finished up the KR client, made it completely playable, smooth and as bug-free as possible... then made that the only client for "UO Legacy"

[/ QUOTE ]

Well the other rumor (wink wink) is that it is on one of the disks before UoR. I do think that is why there are free servers..

I

imported_Coppelia

Go play Pong. It's the original game. The True game. All what came after is a failure.

I

imported_BlacK RaiN

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya... just like we were told Necromancers, Character Transfers, soul stones or 99% of the other stuff they said was IMPOSSIBLE to add to UO...

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]B.S.