• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UO is nearly dead...

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You know, its painful to get on uo, and watch a game that you have played, and loved, for many many years die so slow and painfully... This is something that has been anticipated for years, players warned devs of it many many times, but they just do not listen. They say they care about what the "uo community" has to say, but they don't. The fact that people have been heavily complaining about 3rd party programs for years, and nothing has been done to fix them. It's like they overlook any real problem with the game and focus on this like "lets get these guys some holiday gifts" "lets make sure these guys brazier deeds can face different directions". You know what i say to that? Who the hell honestly cares? Granted there are people in this game that decor and stuff like that, which i am not knocking, but it seems like since the EA buy out anytime there is a real problem they stick a fork in it prematurely. I have sent numerous bug reports to them over the years, never to get a response back....then you have FoF like this with worthless BS that about .05% of the player base gives a crap about.

HELLO DEVS, THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH THE FREAKIN LAG AND YOU ARE BASICALLY LOSING CUSTOMERS BY THE SECOND RIGHT NOW!

I wish i knew how this game was run from the inside cause i'd love to have a good laugh. They want to get factions used more, even though they know there are 10 billion bugs in factions right now....there solution? Lets give these guys rediculous items they can get in factions...hmm i'm not gunna use a theif in doom anymore...lets just put my mage in factions, give him stealing, steal some sigils and get a **** ton of kill points..... for some inquis... and that is another point.... KILL POINTS FOR A THEIF? WTF IS THAT THAT IS ********!

I'm sick of this lag, i've been sick of the speed hacks and exploits that these guys don't give two ****s about. Why don't you just change your policies to"USE ALL 3RD PARTY GADGETS YOU WANT, HAVE A ****ING FREE FOR ALL". Fix the problems that the game currently has, bring back people that have left this game for some of your bad decisions, then maybe, just maybe, look at your options for bringing in new players. I don't care about updated graphics or an updated engine, that is the beauty of uo, i can get all the other games with the graphics and BS. you think people play mario for the graphics?! no.... it is because it is simple and enjoyable...this game was simple and enjoyable and your solution to improving it is ****ing it up more and more and more. You all need to be ****ing fired. I also don't care about new skills (mainly because there will just be another overpowered skill) i don't care about being a ****in gargoyle (who actually does?)

FIX THIS BS! Dont you people listen to the so called "uo community" anymore? you know...the PAYING CUSTOMERS! If i don't start seeing improvements in the areas soon that are important to more then the .05% of players in this game, then i'm done, no more money for ****in uo. And i guarantee i am not the first and definitly, .....definitly, not the last....

I almost can safely bet that a dev will read this thread, and go, oh shucks and go back to playing with piles of snow for the xmas season...

drizztdagrimm

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL you honestly think they will fix this? This ship is sinking just a matter of time before its under water completely and we are all forced onto some other MMORPG. Darkfall looks promising you should check it out supposedly its created by people that used to play uo in the good old days :)

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
LOL you honestly think they will fix this? This ship is sinking just a matter of time before its under water completely and we are all forced onto some other MMORPG. Darkfall looks promising you should check it out supposedly its created by people that used to play uo in the good old days :)
i may give it a shot we will see, the problem i have with this is that after playing uo for so long, i prefer this 2dish style for my computer games, for console games i prefer just the opposite...

deadite

Sage
It's My Birthday
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I almost can safely bet that a dev will read this thread, and go, oh shucks and go back to playing with piles of snow for the xmas season...
Why the hell would a dev sift through a rant like this?

Anyways, sounds like you need a break.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why the hell would a dev sift through a rant like this?

Anyways, sounds like you need a break.
He won't thats half the problem, as for the break part, im sick and sitting at home bored, so i pay for a game to combat that problem, which seems to be false advertisement nowadays. You must be one of these .05% of people a mentioned. So you criticize my rant instead of leaving it to the people that have the same rant. You must be a true board warrior, and by the looks of your post count, i would assume im correct.

G

GL_Seller

LOL WoW should give ea some money. I know of 10 people, who because of this lag and 0 response other then we aer looking into it for what week and a half to two weeks, have opened WoW accounts.

I hope the guy who says he enjoys this game gets hit by this lag bug. I had it for a week it took me almost 10 minutes to walk from the inn in luna to the smith tailor shop to get bods on one character.

But hell we are getting holiday gifts and the braziers MIGHT be fixed next publish. THANK GOD.

G

gen2000

LOL WoW should give ea some money. I know of 10 people, who because of this lag and 0 response other then we aer looking into it for what week and a half to two weeks, have opened WoW accounts.

I hope the guy who says he enjoys this game gets hit by this lag bug. I had it for a week it took me almost 10 minutes to walk from the inn in luna to the smith tailor shop to get bods on one character.

But hell we are getting holiday gifts and the braziers MIGHT be fixed next publish. THANK GOD.
I opened a wow account today.. Hadn't had any lag.. I will never stop play uo, I will always enjoy pvp. I just got wow to have something to do during the day when nobody is on..

deadite

Sage
It's My Birthday
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
He won't thats half the problem, as for the break part, im sick and sitting at home bored, so i pay for a game to combat that problem, which seems to be false advertisement nowadays. You must be one of these .05% of people a mentioned. So you criticize my rant instead of leaving it to the people that have the same rant.
Basically, if you want someone to read your posts, then try using some simple paragraph spacing and ease up on the caps key. It's elementary... like literally. As in elementary school.

You must be a true board warrior, and by the looks of your post count, i would assume im correct.
And yeah, I'm definitely a "board warrior"
1011 posts divided by 53 months = 19 posts per month

I mean, jeez, you obviously aren't ever going touch my uber post count.
177 posts divided by 3 months = 59 posts per month

Oh well, you know what they say about "assuming."

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Basically, if you want someone to read your posts, then try using some simple paragraph spacing and ease up on the caps key. It's elementary... like literally. As in elementary school.

And yeah, I'm definitely a "board warrior"
1011 posts divided by 53 months = 19 posts per month

I mean, jeez, you obviously aren't ever going touch my uber post count.
177 posts divided by 3 months = 59 posts per month

Oh well, you know what they say about "assuming."
What i am saying about you being a board warrior, how you take a simple rant of a thread and convert it to an attack on my opinions. Now an attack on my grammer skills...very mature. It is in that form basically because, i don't give a damn how it is laid out, it is an angry rant and nothing more. So unless you have something to add about it, go **** yourself.

L

Lady Kiara

you know, its painful to get on uo, and watch a game that you have played, and loved, for many many years die so slow and painfully... This is something that has been anticipated for years, players warned devs of it many many times, but they just do not listen. They say they care about what the "uo community" has to say, but they don't. The fact that people have been heavily complaining about 3rd party programs for years, and nothing has been done to fix them. It's like the overlook any real problem with the game and focus on this like "lets get these guys some holiday gifts" "lets make sure these guys brazier deeds can face different directions". you know what i say to that? WHO THE HELL HONESTLY CARES granted there are people in this game that decor and stuff like that, which i am not knocking, but it seems like since the EA buy out anytime there is a real problem they stick a fork in it prematurely. I have sent numerous bug reports to them over the years, never to get a response back....then you have FoF like this with worthless BS that about .05% of the player base gives a crap about. HELLO DEVS, THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH THE FREAKIN LAG AND YOU ARE BASICALLY LOSING CUSTOMERS BY THE SECOND RIGHT NOW! I wish i knew how this game was run from the inside cause i'd love to have a good laugh. They want to get factions used more, even though they know there are 10 billion bugs in factions right now....there solution? Lets give these guys rediculous items they can get in factions...hmm i'm not gunna use a theif in doom anymore...lets just put my mage in factions, give him stealing, steal some sigils and get a **** ton of kill points..... for some inquis... and that is another point.... KILL POINTS FOR A THEIF? WTF IS THAT THAT IS ********! I'm sick of this lag, i've been sick of the speed hacks and exploits that these guys don't give two ****s about. Why don't you just change your policies to"USE ALL 3RD PARTY GADGETS YOU WANT, HAVE A ****ING FREE FOR ALL". i HAVE NEVER BECOME THIS FRUSTERATED WITH THIS GAME BEFORE, I HAVE BEEN OPEN TO NEW IDEAS AND STUFF, BUT YOU ARE BLOWING AWAY MONEY IN TRYING TO REBUILD A GAME THAT DOESN'T NEED REBUILT YET.... fix the problems that the game currently has, bring back people that have left this game for some of your bad decisions, then maybe, just maybe, look at your options for bringing in new players. I don't care about updated graphics or an updated engine, that is the beauty of uo, i can get all the other games with the graphics and BS. you think people play mario for the graphics?! no.... it is because it is simple and enjoyable...this game was simple and enjoyable and your solution to improving it is ****ing it up more and more and more. You all need to be ****ing fired. I also don't care about new skills (mainly because there will just be another overpowered skill) i don't care about being a ****in gargoyle (who actually does?) FIX THIS BS! Dont you people listen to the so called "uo community" anymore? you know...the PAYING CUSTOMERS! If i don't start seeing improvements in the areas soon that are important to more then the .05% of players in this game, then i'm done, no more money for ****in uo. And i guarantee i am not the first and definitly, .....definitly, not the last....

Oh NO You Din't:mf_prop:

WOW I CAN'T BELIEVE I READ THE WHOLE THING (and quoted it to )

deadite

Sage
It's My Birthday
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What i am saying about you being a board warrior, how you take a simple rant of a thread and convert it to an attack on my opinions. Now an attack on my grammer skills...very mature. It is in that form basically because, i don't give a damn how it is laid out, it is an angry rant and nothing more. So unless you have something to add about it, go **** yourself.
LOL. Okay Cetric, you win the forum fight.

Here are some dancing broccoli. It's my contribution to your rant.

:danceb: :danceb: :danceb:

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
partially edited for the uo grammer police! well atleast i can play the stratics boards when i can't play uo...lol

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow, the only real rant you got in there is the lag complaint. Everything else you are whining about is pointless reading. Get over yourself. The paltry "doom saying" posts for UO appear on here like once a week or something. Congrats on filling the quota. I was starting to get nervous when I didn't see one this week. Now get ready for this post to be moved to the proper rant forum.
The lag is going to get fixed. You should know this, but instead you decided to create yet another damned thread on this...

:stretcher:

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wow, the only real rant you got in there is the lag complaint. Everything else you are whining about is pointless reading. Get over yourself. The paltry "doom saying" posts for UO appear on here like once a week or something. Congrats on filling the quota. I was starting to get nervous when I didn't see one this week. Now get ready for this post to be moved to the proper rant forum.
The lag is going to get fixed. You should know this, but instead you decided to create yet another thread on this...

damn, its bash on my rant night. The lag issue, maybe it will be fixed, maybe not, but the real problem is the fact it has been ongoing for 2 weeks is a concern. the rest of it is just a handful of complaints about other various things, specifically 3rd party apps.... this portion must upset you.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
damn, its bash on my rant night. The lag issue, maybe it will be fixed, maybe not, but the real problem is the fact it has been ongoing for 2 weeks is a concern. the rest of it is just a handful of complaints about other various things, specifically 3rd party apps.... this portion must upset you.
Well typically if you are going to rant and rave claiming UO is dieing of course you are going to get bashed. Your post is not really any different than all the other doomsaying threads on UO. If you really want to say UO is dieing, we have to wait and see how the coming expansion will release and how the public will go for the new client and if people will start coming to this game.
The lag may have been going on for 2 weeks, but remember that it was not affecting EVERYONE for a whole 2 weeks. It is only recently that it is effecting more and more. And of course it will be fixed. EA/Mythic should know what will happen if they don't fix the lag. People will leave.

This lag problem, as I stated in one of the other multiple lag threads, may not be as easy as find it and fix it in a couple hours. They said they are looking in on it, and unlike bug reports paged in game, they mean it on this issue. It would be nice if they gave daily updates, but it seems their public affairs and reportings to the community just are not what they use to be. It will be fixed, if you been around long enough you should know this.

Sam the Scribe

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some advice to help you with your issues...

1. Cancel all of your UO accounts.

2. After you cancel your UO accounts cancel your Stratics account.

I put item 2 in there cause there seem to be a lot a folks that keep complaining about the game even though they don't even play it anymore.

If suggestions 1 and 2 don't help... then seek professional therapy.

You see, you are paying to play the game, and unlike the cable company... UO doesn't have a monopoly on MMORPG's. Heck, just watching the ads on Stratics... there seem to be hundreds of them.

Of course, you don't have to take my advice... you can keep playing, and complaining. Your choice.

Safe Travels, Sam

J

jelinidas

No, no, no...
You all have it wrong!
Its the lil Buckeye! Change in to a nice big blue block M and you will feel better. Then say....Gawd I love my blue! :thumbup1:

(Sorry Cetric, ya know im just messing with you!) :mf_prop:

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lets ne honest...

Why do ex UO players that loved the game , but have since gone to WOW, [god help ya cause u will be bored in 4-5 months].....STILL KEEP COMING BACK TO OUR UO BOARDS TO RANT!!

Im sorry u lost all your old uo stuff while u left to play wow....really im sorry!!

E

ElRay

I read his post quite easily, thks for being the grammar police woo! woo! woooo!
pull over now!!

And all his points are 100% spot on, g'job Cetric on pointing out the festering wounds that the devs do nothing about

E

ElRay

I put item 2 in there cause there seem to be a lot a folks that keep complaining about the game even though they don't even play it anymore.

You see, you are paying to play the game, and unlike the cable company... UO doesn't have a monopoly on MMORPG's. Heck, just watching the ads on Stratics... there seem to be hundreds of them.

Of course, you don't have to take my advice... you can keep playing, and complaining. Your choice.

Safe Travels, Sam
Maybe Cetric played this game before it was bastardized, and it was a fun game, you know, when they ACTUALLY DID SOMETHING about speedhacking etc?

He does have valid points, and giving him dumb pointers about leaving the game does not equate to being helpful, kthx

E

ElRay

The lag is going to get fixed. You should know this, but instead you decided to create yet another damned thread on this...

You sound like youre in denial, this game has been on a steady decline for a loooong time now, hell you dont even see diehard UO fanbois like Surgeries post here anymore, the ship is sinking, albeit very slowly, the points that Cetric bring up only speed along the demise of this once beloved game of many

Surgeries

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You sound like youre in denial, this game has been on a steady decline for a loooong time now, hell you dont even see diehard UO fanbois like Surgeries post here anymore, the ship is sinking, albeit very slowly, the points that Cetric bring up only speed along the demise of this once beloved game of many
Oh, I am still here, Elray. And I see your posts haven't changed one iota.

Yeah...the game is dying. Has been since it was born.

So is everyone playing it. Every single day. Since they were born.

I have spent over 20% of my life, at this point, logging into UO every single day I have a computer available. I love this game.

I don't love everything about it, and I am sure I never will. I send Bug Reports about items I find that appear broken, and sometimes they get fixed, and sometimes I send more.

But one thing I do have for this game, in all of it's iterations, is the realization that real people, with real feelings, just like you and me, do work on this game. I do not believe for two seconds that it is "Cool" to come on an anonymous board, and blast these people, the way some people do. It ain't cool at all.

But, as long as they allow it, even non-playing people get to come on here, and complain about UO, and that really is the sad part, to me.

You may tell me that "Well, see, Surgeries...THAT'S how much they care about this game!!"

I say...get a friggin life...really.

As to your assumption that "Even Surgeries isn't around"...

Wrong...like a lot of your other posts...

This game COULD survive decades...they could pull the plug tomorrow.

The end for UO has been forecast, since the beginning. Someday, it will likely come true.

My prediction that you, and I, and every single person playing this game and reading this forum, will surely die, WILL come true, in every single case, without one shred of doubt.

So...we all get to decide. Do I want to spend my limited time on this earth producing venomous, threatening-to-quit posts about people who work on UO? Do I want to spend that same time actually playing UO?

Or should I just log off and go Fly Fishing?

My advice to all of you Nay-Sayers is send in your reports...do all you can to help the game. If the game lets you down, by not living up to your requests, then I would certainly go find another one to play, if I were you.

So far, I still enjoy this game everyday, and I can truly say, that I am sorry some don't.

And finally, I will certainly say that many of the OP's points are well taken. Cheating I abhor...a lack of communication on the part of the Dev Team etc. can be frustrating, indeed.

But remember...it's not what you say, a lot of times...

It's how you say it.

Maybe you will fix the game by calling the Devs names, and using lots of ***** and CAPS LOCK STATEMENTS while you do so.

Me? I will continue to try through other, more amicable methods.

And find the good in the game, and not just that which I don't like.

I wonder how many marriages would last as long as UO if every spouse did what you folks do, in looking at UO?

I will leave you to ponder that one...back to the game!!

Lady_Calina

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah. The game is being buggy and laggy. Most of the big bugs and the lag is being caused by the event going on. I'd rather have some lag and some bugs for a shot at some events and plotlines.

The last time I sided with EA, though, was right before they shut down The Sims Online... lol, guess that shows my sense.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Safe Travels, Sam
very professional of you... for a stratics reporter.

but never the less...my complaints are justified.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Lets ne honest...

Why do ex UO players that loved the game , but have since gone to WOW, [god help ya cause u will be bored in 4-5 months].....STILL KEEP COMING BACK TO OUR UO BOARDS TO RANT!!

Im sorry u lost all your old uo stuff while u left to play wow....really im sorry!!
wtf are you talking about.....i don't play wow and i am not an ex-uo player, i am a current player....wtf, this comment was worthless..

E

ElRay

Oh, I am still here, Elray. And I see your posts haven't changed one iota.

Yeah...the game is dying. Has been since it was born.

So is everyone playing it. Every single day. Since they were born.

I have spent over 20% of my life, at this point, logging into UO every single day I have a computer available. I love this game.

I don't love everything about it, and I am sure I never will. I send Bug Reports about items I find that appear broken, and sometimes they get fixed, and sometimes I send more.

But one thing I do have for this game, in all of it's iterations, is the realization that real people, with real feelings, just like you and me, do work on this game. I do not believe for two seconds that it is "Cool" to come on an anonymous board, and blast these people, the way some people do. It ain't cool at all.

But, as long as they allow it, even non-playing people get to come on here, and complain about UO, and that really is the sad part, to me.

You may tell me that "Well, see, Surgeries...THAT'S how much they care about this game!!"

I say...get a friggin life...really.

As to your assumption that "Even Surgeries isn't around"...

Wrong...like a lot of your other posts...

This game COULD survive decades...they could pull the plug tomorrow.

The end for UO has been forecast, since the beginning. Someday, it will likely come true.

My prediction that you, and I, and every single person playing this game and reading this forum, will surely die, WILL come true, in every single case, without one shred of doubt.

So...we all get to decide. Do I want to spend my limited time on this earth producing venomous, threatening-to-quit posts about people who work on UO? Do I want to spend that same time actually playing UO?

Or should I just log off and go Fly Fishing?

My advice to all of you Nay-Sayers is send in your reports...do all you can to help the game. If the game lets you down, by not living up to your requests, then I would certainly go find another one to play, if I were you.

So far, I still enjoy this game everyday, and I can truly say, that I am sorry some don't.

And finally, I will certainly say that many of the OP's points are well taken. Cheating I abhor...a lack of communication on the part of the Dev Team etc. can be frustrating, indeed.

But remember...it's not what you say, a lot of times...

It's how you say it.

Maybe you will fix the game by calling the Devs names, and using lots of ***** and CAPS LOCK STATEMENTS while you do so.

Me? I will continue to try through other, more amicable methods.

And find the good in the game, and not just that which I don't like.

I wonder how many marriages would last as long as UO if every spouse did what you folks do, in looking at UO?

I will leave you to ponder that one...back to the game!!
Woow, such insight, such knowledge you bring to the table, although I was overwhelmed by your rhetoric. In what could have been compressed into a sentence, you managed to type out a bibliography, grats

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
your UO is nearly dead, perhaps, mine is alive and kickin', thank you very much

:D

ZippyTwitch

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ya'll realize the more you insult someone the more it shows they are right? His post is dead on. Truth hurts so you whack at it with your halbreds thinking it's going to go away. I just laugh at the people who think looking the other way means it doesn't exist. Uo is hurting and hurting bad. Now it hasnt been dying since day one like someone said. But in the last couple of years it's been going downhill.

If you think a dev or devs aren't going to read this...well I bet you are dead wrong. Just because they don't post in this section doesn't mean they don't read what's here.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ya'll realize the more you insult someone the more it shows they are right? His post is dead on. Truth hurts so you whack at it with your halbreds thinking it's going to go away. I just laugh at the people who think looking the other way means it doesn't exist. Uo is hurting and hurting bad. Now it hasnt been dying since day one like someone said. But in the last couple of years it's been going downhill.

If you think a dev or devs aren't going to read this...well I bet you are dead wrong. Just because they don't post in this section doesn't mean they don't read what's here.
Thanks Zippy! atleast someone gets it..