• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[UO Herald] Test Center - Publish 65 and Patch Notes

S

Sonoma

Now I feel better about the gump! :) I was not looking forward to clicking a ton, but I can understand the non-pvp to pvp ruleset
Better, but even still I REALLY hope there is a way to disable it. I have both my fel and tram houses linked... and I travel between the two often. The last thing I want is another annoying pop-up that I have to deal with because others are either too lazy or too stupid to pay attention to where they are going. I really don't mind this feature being added as long as its not forced, and I have a way to disable it.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
About the teleporter gump, you'll only see the gump when you are using the teleporter tile to go from PvP consent facet to a non-consent one (ie: Trammel->Felucca).

If you are going from Trammel to Trammel, Trammel to Malas, Felucca to Felucca, you won't see the gump.
I am curious as to how this will work on Siege.

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This patch also gave us a new facet which holds the new Faction strongholds.

Major spoiler screenie below for those who don't want to wait! :p

U

UOKaiser

About the teleporter gump, you'll only see the gump when you are using the teleporter tile to go from PvP consent facet to a non-consent one (ie: Trammel->Felucca).

If you are going from Trammel to Trammel, Trammel to Malas, Felucca to Felucca, you won't see the gump.
Good thats definetely tolarable.Wait no it's not. Can you get rid of trammel to malas this is still going to be 300times clicking and has nothing to do with pvp.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
The titles are AWESOME! Thanks, Devs!

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Based on the spoiler picture, I'm going to say that...

Shadowlords are toast. Council of Mages being the one near the Yew Orc Fort, True Brits near Wind and Minax in Destard mountain

Supreem

Founder, Citadel Studios
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Major spoiler screenie below for those who want to wait! :p

Wow very observant. These map files are for a future test of the new faction bases. We don't have a date for the start of this test yet. Stay tuned.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
the name is not mapper for nothing ;-)

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Good thats definetely tolarable.Wait no it's not. Can you get rid of trammel to malas this is still going to be 300times clicking and has nothing to do with pvp.
What do you mean? The gump won't appear from Trammel to Malas.

Lorax_Pacific

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

What about Fel to Tram? Seems like it wouldn't be needed there. Your last sentence seemed to miss that case compared with the first sentence.

-Lorax

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
(minimum gargoyle skill in Mysticism is 300). this is thirty right?

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are some nice things included in this publish. I am very curious about the gypsy camps and can't wait to see them. :thumbup1:

As far as the mysticism changes go, it looks like sleep/mass sleep will now be completely worthless.

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow very observant. These map files are for a future test of the new faction bases. We don't have a date for the start of this test yet. Stay tuned.
Supreem - If Minax base is going to remain the same, I have a request. Turn on circ of trans and walk around the right side of the base.. There is a hole that needs to be fixed. Players can currently [and have for a long time] exploit their way into that base via that hole. Please grab a trowel and slap some brick and mortar over that! :lick:

Clog|Mordain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wasn't there meant to be huge faction changes in this publish? From memory we were told that they would be on TC in the march publish(I vaguely remember reading this in the log of the latest HoC, but do you I can find said log?)

Also yay for the sleep changes! it sux spawning on a sampire and having some gimped ass mystic come down and sleep you to death while u get ganked by about 5 or 6 others.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
(minimum gargoyle skill in Mysticism is 300). this is thirty right?
Yes, it's 30. They often write without decimals the way it is on Test Center ... so 300 is of course 30.0 skill, and 200 is 20.0 skill.

spoonyd

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wasn't there meant to be huge faction changes in this publish? From memory we were told that they would be on TC in the march publish(I vaguely remember reading this in the log of the latest HoC, but do you I can find said log?)

Also yay for the sleep changes! it sux spawning on a sampire and having some gimped ass mystic come down and sleep you to death while u get ganked by about 5 or 6 others.
Carry a trap box.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You missed the trammel to malas and back.
No they didn't.
Originally Posted by BTeng_Mythic

Lyconis

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does this mean "good" or "order" aligned faction bases will be outside of towns? I like the idea of chaotic aligned factions being shunned and forced to have their bases outside of towns, it seems to add to the lore of the game. I'd rather see guard zones fixed where they take on a certain portion of the towns rather than the bases getting pushed out of town, but I suppose a fix is a fix and most faction pvp'ers don't care to follow the good vs evil lore tied to the factions and only care about killing things that move.

Patch 7.0.6.0 (Classic Client)

Bug Fixes

* Containers were not closing at the correct distance away from the player, resulting in “too far away” messages when trying to pick up items in the container.
This sounds more of a handicap than a fix. I like that extra step or two stretch so I can have more containers open. Comes in handy when you decorate your house and have containers that aren't on top of each other. What about thieving does this mean the bags will close quicker now? Its nice how a player bag can be opened and you can get your targeting set while being out of stealing range. (I'd love to test it but I'm trolling while I download the patch)

Other than that sounds like a good mix of work has been put in thank you!

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cursor Target Queuing (Default: Off) – Allows you to queue a cursor targeting action via macro, mouse wheel, or keyboard before the targeting cursor appears.

Sweet!

When a hotbar is locked, you will not be able to move the hotbar, move items from the hotbar, or resize the hotbar. Items may still be placed onto the hotbar.

Nice!

Camera zoom settings now save across play sessions.

Nice!

Shard and character selections can now be double-clicked on during the login process.

Sweet!

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Purple Potions will no longer teleport to the target location if the target has moved since the potion was thrown.

What does that mean? The target always moves. Don't know many targets that stay and stare at you. They just talking about the graphic?
Sounds like they fixed what some players were complaining about pots following you, even around corners and such.

A

altarego

Cursor Target Queuing (Default: Off) – Allows you to queue a cursor targeting action via macro, mouse wheel, or keyboard before the targeting cursor appears.

Sweet!
I have no idea what this means. Can someone please provide an example, including how this differs from current functionality?

A

altarego

Addition to the EC without the need for an external program (i.e. UOA)
Okay, that tells me what it is - a function that is available through UOA. But I've never used UOA, so that doesn't tell me what it *does*.

L

Liquid_Ape

Believe it or not, I have never really messed around much on Test Center. Where do we go to report issues, problems, bugs or quirks we find?

For example, when you alter a Crimson Cincture for a gargoyle, the artwork in your pack and on your paperdoll stays the same color regardless of what color you dye it. On your ingame character it appears the color displays correctly.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

You should NEVER see the gump if you are in a house that you own or are co-owned to. They are your teleporters. It is only when in someone elses house should you see the gump.

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The containers closing thing isn't working quite right.. it's affecting almost all containers and gumps. This means crafting menus, various notifications and such, and even your own backpack will autoclose after you move a while away from the point where you opened them. It doesn't always happen, though... but maybe that change should be put on hold until it can be made to work properly.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Sweet!
I have no idea what this means. Can someone please provide an example, including how this differs from current functionality?
It allows you to queue a target before the target cursor appears. UOA only allowed you to queue up last target or target self. I haven't tested it yet but I imagine the EC's enhanced targeting options will mean it's even more useful than the UOA functionality.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor

Major spoiler screenie below for those who don't want to wait! :p

seem rather close to each other dont they?

maybe im just use to running a long ways while moving sigs.

and i thought the bases where gonna be identical to make the 'even playing field' ??

and arnt the COM and TB bases pretty much the exact same distance from the old TB base?

while neither is really close to com?
not that it matters.

are the bases relitavlly equal distances from each other.
like a triangle?

A

altarego

It allows you to queue a target before the target cursor appears. UOA only allowed you to queue up last target or target self. I haven't tested it yet but I imagine the EC's enhanced targeting options will mean it's even more useful than the UOA functionality.
Sorry if I sound a bit obtuse, but all you did was restate the description the devs made, and I'm still lost.

I've tried it on and off and I don't notice any difference in my targeting behavior from regular gameplay. Can anyone please clarify using an example?

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Playing with a throwing char on test...

i ALWAYS miss my first throw, guaranteed, even if its a pig outside moonglow. then always hitting these lower level creatures with second shot. But i have missed every single time on first throw....

Anyone else confirm this?

Konge

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry if I sound a bit obtuse, but all you did was restate the description the devs made, and I'm still lost.

I've tried it on and off and I don't notice any difference in my targeting behavior from regular gameplay. Can anyone please clarify using an example?
... queing last target... anything that requires a target targets the last thing you clicked. It's very self-explanitory.

A

altarego

... queing last target... anything that requires a target targets the last thing you clicked. It's very self-explanitory.
*Grumble*

If it were self-explanatory, I wouldn't have to ask. This is the most vague, undefined language I've ever seen in this game. How is this any different than setting 'Target: Current' from a hotbar?

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

The keyword is before. Queuing the target allows you to tell the client what to target even before the target cursor appears. If you are casting a spell, you can cast the spell, queue the target before the cursor appears and when the target cursor does appear the spell goes off immediately.

Konge

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*Grumble*

If it were self-explanatory, I wouldn't have to ask. This is the most vague, undefined language I've ever seen in this game. How is this any different than setting 'Target: Current' from a hotbar?
You can do it BEFORE casting the spell, using the bandage.

the literal translation from coder:

queing from a button for something that requires a target such as last target.

Last target = targets last thing you targeted.

queing, putting it in a list.

English language says that queing last target, in this example, would cause your next spell to hit what you qued.

Please don't take this as offensive, just pointing out that it is kind of self-explanitory, just being a little sarcastic about it. Though it is a little hard to understand, but this was all said in the first answer from Zeak that you didn't like.

I wasn't sure what it meant until his first answer either.

spoonyd

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lol with sleep, its cast basically second.. wont work. AND i refuse to use an item that IMHO should be deemed an exploit.
If you refuse to use a trap box then I feel bad for you. All the better pvpers use a trap box even if they run 120 resist for good reason. Call it what you want.

A

altarego

The keyword is before. Queuing the target allows you to tell the client what to target even before the target cursor appears. If you are casting a spell, you can cast the spell, queue the target before the cursor appears and when the target cursor does appear the spell goes off immediately.
Is it not functional yet? Because nothing happens when I cast WoD and target before it's finished casting. Still just gives me a cursor.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's only on Test Center but I'm at work so I'm not able to play right now to try it out.

Konge

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you refuse to use a trap box then I feel bad for you. All the better pvpers use a trap box even if they run 120 resist for good reason. Call it what you want.
just because all the "better" pvper's use it, doesn't mean it's not cheap. Some people still have morals.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The containers closing thing isn't working quite right.. it's affecting almost all containers and gumps. This means crafting menus, various notifications and such, and even your own backpack will autoclose after you move a while away from the point where you opened them. It doesn't always happen, though... but maybe that change should be put on hold until it can be made to work properly.
Agreed after playing tonight for a few hours I found it very annoying to constantly find my backpack closed again.

Lyconis

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not liking the backpack fix for the 2d client. Personal bag randomly closing when running. Snooping must stay within two tiles. With my house set up I can't walk that extra space to grab something in another container and walk that extra space back. And creature corpses seem harder to loot, I normally use a last object after clicking the corpse name run up to it open it circle around opening corpses, with the open new container offset turned off so they stack in the corner, while I kill things and looting between heals casting etc and the corpse containers keep closing. Also a little more difficult crate thieving trying to move around grabbing things.

Any chance this wasn't used for an exploit and we can have the option for longer container range enabled?

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow, very nice set of changes! Esp the garg un-nerfing.

One of the gripes I had with SA was that for an expansion that introduced gargs as a player race, it was nerfed to the point that most would not use it.

Esp after they decided to pull out the 4 jewel slot availability for gargs (which I was willing to trade for their lack of other advantages AND clothing slots), they didn't rebalance the garg race again.

Question, is the garg scaling DI bonus (from being damaged) capped like normal DI? Max is 100.

Or is it considered like damage increase from tactics/anat?

Does it also allow the SDI cap to be broken in pvp?

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Very nice, but I still miss a fix for the extremely annoying memory loss/lag/crash issue when many particle effects are on the screen (Enhanced Client). Are you guys still working on that?

V

Voodoo990

Prefect!