• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[UO Herald] Server Update 02/01/2011 - Atlantic Shard

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Greetings!

At 11:00AM EST Atlantic will be brought offline to receive additional hardware updates. We anticipate the shard will be back online before 3:00PM EST.

Please also be aware that on Wednesday, February 2nd Great Lakes, Legends, Catskills, and Siege Perilous will have rolling downtimes to receive the same updates, we will provide more details concerning this downtime in a separate announcement tomorrow - thank you.

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:( So Siege goes down today? Again ? :sad3: :please:

*Miranda ponders the mysteries of the term..."rolling downtimes".*

Is it just myself, or doth the term; "rolling downtimes" [set off some really peculiar images, such as these], in other people's minds, besides my own mind ? :eyes:

I suppose it is just my own peculiar mind, that gets the above peculiar images every time I read the term "rolling downtimes". rolleyes::grouphug:
*goes off to play the Paranoia song in her CD player*:lol:

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
[UO Herald] Server Updates 02/02/11 - Multiple Shards

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Greetings,

On Wednesday, 02/02/11, beginning at 11:00AM EST the following shards will experience rolling downtimes as we deploy hardware updates (in this order):

Great Lakes
Legends
Catskills
Siege Perilous
Downtimes will vary depending on the population of the shard and therefore we cannot provide an ETA; however, higher populations should expect potential downtimes up to 8 hours. Shards will become available once their upgrades are complete and we will work to have all upgrades completed by 6:00PM EST.

Kas Althume

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
[UO Herald] Server Updates 02/02/11 - Multiple Shards

...beginning at 11:00AM EST ... downtimes up to 8 hours... completed by 6:00PM EST.
Hummm ....math...

I would have guessed that rolling updates means they take one shard down and when its done they bring it up and take the next one down. The news suggests that they take all shards down at once and bring them back online one after another. Siege will be the first one up, if that helps QZ. ;)

AEowynSP

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
8 hours?
Well it's half three on the east coast and the server just went down. If they are going to get it back up by six they better get there butts in gear.