• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Feedback] [UO Herald] Publish 75 comes to TC1

ShadowTrauma

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The thing is with the healing penalty in and out of rage, and the fact that it is a random chance (would love numbers here to help more) 60 secs in pvp is a very long time. The goal is to balance the suit not make it useless. I know we are all frustrated with the suit as it is currently on Live, but lets keep in mind that there are people that use it, enjoy it, and want it still. We may not agree with them but as "Testers" we should strive for that goal. 30 seconds is what I propose, but would love to here more from you guys regardless of your stance on the issue.

Wizal the Fox

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The issue is not the 60 seconds but the 8 seconds during which you are not berserk anymore, but still can't heal. I don't see how anyone can survive in that state: 1 hit = certain death.
In any cases, some very vocal people complained about the Bestial suit and now it has been nerved into uselessness. I have actually rarely seen anyone using it before at real champs, just a bit at Yew gate on TC1, but now I'm sure we will never see anyone using it at all.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Thats how it always goes! people only want there play style to be the only one on top and ANYTHING else is complained about so much over and over by the same people making it look like everyone wants it changed and then its changed and again they keep themselves as the only viable template and thus making pvp boring and not popular like it is now! and they always use the excuse this will make pvp better! hence the dying pvp community and we have no one to blame but ourselves! just my opinion

there should always be a template better than yours that does not mean that template can kill ALL others each one should have it weakness and its not that way now unless you count multiple people attacking one ....and thats soooo much fun!

ShadowTrauma

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The issue is not the 60 seconds but the 8 seconds during which you are not berserk anymore, but still can't heal. I don't see how anyone can survive in that state: 1 hit = certain death.
In any cases, some very vocal people complained about the Bestial suit and now it has been nerved into uselessness. I have actually rarely seen anyone using it before at real champs, just a bit at Yew gate on TC1, but now I'm sure we will never see anyone using it at all.
I understand thats your personal experience, but on my shard the beastial suit was becoming increasingly used. On your other point I agree and can definately see the point you are making.

In beserk you should not be able to heal, it was abuseable with many mechanics like Chiv and Blood Drinker. However afterwards provided there is still a short cooldown on beserk I see no reason to have the extra heal debuff. The cooldown was intended to prevent people from healing and then getting put back into beserk. The heal penalty is a double stab at that same issue it seems.

Thats how it always goes! people only want there play style to be the only one on top and ANYTHING else is complained about so much over and over by the same people making it look like everyone wants it changed and then its changed and again they keep themselves as the only viable template and thus making pvp boring and not popular like it is now! and they always use the excuse this will make pvp better! hence the dying pvp community and we have no one to blame but ourselves! just my opinion

there should always be a template better than yours that does not mean that template can kill ALL others each one should have it weakness and its not that way now unless you count multiple people attacking one ....and thats soooo much fun!
I wouldn't go so far as to be that dramatic Storm, I have playtested for a number of games (Card games included) and often times the first ideas implemented are either too powerful or not powerful enough. A proper testers job is to try and make the idea work in some specific area but not dominate all others. In card games it was refered to as the "metagame", if you use UO as an example the "metagame" was going to become bloated and stale with beastial suits.

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

A suit that's absurd doesn't make pvp better, I know a lot of bad players are upset that it's getting toned down to something reasonable. If these suits helped you lived a little longer that be one thing IE absorbing 1 armor ignore or fs, but when you can take an extra 80 damage, something needs to be changed.

Also no template should trump another template, if that was the case this game would be World of Warcraft. That's the one thing that UO offers that no other game does. There is no rock paper scissor, if you play your template flawlessly you can beat any template with any template(pvpwise, lets not mention a mule vs a greater dragon unless you're just trying to troll).

To be honest things that make this game boring are bad changes like the 300 combat skills so everyone has to play the same thing, or there not being sticky specials anymore when you cast, needs tactics for specials. All these changes made the game more boring eliminating template variation. Talking about a suit that was beyond absurd getting toned down as the cause of uo being boring is laughable.

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It says reduced healing, not no healing what so ever.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Take off the 8 second heal blocking after berz wears off. The berz duration cap and timer in between is enough of a nerf to allow short term defensive bonus at the cost of some imbuing intensity. The heal blocking afterward makes it entirely useless.

ShadowTrauma

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*** Testers suggested Beastial suit. Compiled. ***

- Players can no longer remain in stealth while in rage. - Seemed to be a consensus this was a good change.
- Beserk timeout duration updated to 8 seconds and greatly reduces all healing effects while in all stages of rage. - Good change. With mechanic being "rage" and the ability being a prolonged life span, the ability to heal in rage through mechanics like Chiv and Blood drinker was abusable and seemingly against the concept of rage.
- After exiting the beserk state a cool down of (40) seconds goes into effect which prevents players from entering rage. - Most testers agree the cool down in general is an important change, where we differ is on the length. We seem to be split between 30-60, so I went with a comprimise on 40 seconds. With the all the changes so far we shouldn't want to be too heavy handed. It is easy to tweak the timer in a later mini-update. The "all healing is still reduced for 8 additional seconds" was dropped as the timer effectively controls the player from being able to return to beserk state fully healed, which is what most of our concern was about.

---

I think many of us have been reasonable with our proposed changes, and it seems most of us share the same goal of not wanting to destroy the item.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Bestial (Berserk) Suit *Update*
Players can no longer remain in stealth while in rage. Berserk timeout duration updated to 8 seconds and greatly reduces all healing effects while in all stages of rage. After exiting the berserk state all healing is still reduced for 8 additional seconds and a cool down of 60 seconds goes into effect which prevents players from entering rage.
60 seconds is too long. I think 30 seconds is more than reasonable and is a middle ground between nerfing the suit to oblivion and leaving the suit as is. You have already removed the ability to stealth in rage.

-OBSIDIAN-

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Bleak, some of us have tested the Unbound EVs on Origin. The loot is still not at the same level as it was when the system first went out. There are no Legendary Artifacts dropping. Can you tone it up please? It is nice to see more artifacts without cursed and we appreciate that change.

The only other thing I was hoping to see with pub75 is runic crafting tools for tinkers so we can make re-forged jewelry.

-OBSIDIAN-