• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[UO Herald] Publish 73 Comes to Origin (Edited)

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings,

We'll push Publish 73.0 to Origin today, Tuesday 1st at 5:00 pm EDT.

Please check the previously posted Publish 73 Notes and Additions. Here are are the additional changes:

Publish 73.0.0

Christmas Gifts

• Customizable Welcome Mats (2 styles)
  • Vocal Santa Statue
  • Customizable House type signs
  • Scroll of Transcendence Book
Veteran Reward Items

This year for the 14th year we have added the following in celebration:

• Group Bracelet of Binding – This item allows you to bind with 10 people at once. Handy for those times when part of your group is lost or has issues with running into trees and being left behind.
  • Seed Box – This box will identify all seeds put into the box, it will hold and organize up to 500 seeds.
  • Shard Shields – We have added this as the 14th year vet reward. These are new art that represence a specific shard. The shield will give you a character transfer token once a month to the shard it represence. The token is account bound, so they can not be traded or sold. If you have a shield in your house and the house decays the shield will disappear.
  • Sheep Statue – This statue is a resource giver, it will give you 10 pieces of a random hide or wool. This caps at 100 resources so make sure you collect your items.

Britianna Clean up change

• Added 4 new pigments - Polished Bronze, Glossy Blue, Black and Green and Deep Violet – 5 charges @ 250,000 points. We will be changing this out each month so stock up while you can.
Shame Loot Changes
Durabilities are now different for Brittle and Cannot Be Repaired:

• If an item is Brittle and does not have Cannot Be Repaired, its durability is 35.
  • If an item has Cannot Be Repaired and does not have Brittle, its durability is 150.
  • If an item has Cannot Be Repaired and also has Brittle, its durability is 75.
  • Self-Repair and Durability Increase cannot appear on any item with Brittle or Cannot Be Repaired.
It is now possible for the following item properties to spawn:

• Faster Casting (Jewelry, Weapons, Shields)
  • Battle Lust (Melee Weapons)
  • Slayers (Weapons)
  • Balanced (Bows)
  • Mage Armor (Non-Medable Armor)
  • Spell Channeling (Weapons, Shields)
  • Night Sight (Jewelry)
  • Reactive Paralyze (Two-Handed Melee, Bows, and Shields)
  • Use Best Weapon Skill (Melee Weapons)
  • Gargoyle Earrings will now drop

Classic Client 7.0.19

• Trial accounts can only join the Help Channel

Enhanced Client 4.0.19

• Trial accounts can only join the Help Channel

More...

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: [UO Herald] Publish 73 Comes to Origin

Christmas in November?

K

Kayne

Now it all begins to make sense about the Shield transfer tokens. That should silence some of the speculation.

Gheed, christmas has to come early to origin so they can test it for the rest of us...

Yay for a seed box I know so many people who will love that....wonder what the catch is for the identification.

I wonder why the sheep statue - any guesses people?

Ned888

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran

Sheep Statue - This statue is a resource giver, it will give you 10 pieces of a random hide or wool. This caps at 100 resources so make sure you collect your items.

Just curious, when you say the resources are capped at 100, does that mean the statue is useless after you get 100 wool or 100 Hides from it. Does it mean that it will only hold a max of 100 at a time and then you have to empty it for it to produce more?

Thanks!

P.S. - Any chance of bringing that tree stump back? ;)

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Gheed, christmas has to come early to origin so they can test it for the rest of us...

I can't help but think there was a holiday between Halloween and xmas in there somewheres.

Anyway, the shields seem pretty cool. Cant wait to see what they look like.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

These are some really nice gifts this year. The shield xfer thing is going to be crazy useful - now if only my account age would get fixed so I can get to 14 years quicker!!!!!!

I'm about a year behind in account age. I signed up in April 2002 and never had a lapse in service/payment and I show 106 months. I should be at 9 years and 7 months or 115 months - I've already lost almost a year to account age issues. Chances of ever getting to 14 years is slim....

I wish these rewards were for earlier years.....

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

One way ticket...
Not if you claim one on each shard now doesn't it?

I have not claimed any of my rewards yet... better to buy lower year rewards and save for things like this.

K

Kayne

Gheed you are correct for americans there is Thanksgiving. I always forget it being from the UK where we dont celebrate it.

Devs can anyone confirm if you are on Europa and pick an atlantic shield. You transfer off to atlantic how do you then get back from Atlantic?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

amazing rewards this year :O

RedRum

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

*Shard Shields – We have added this as the 14th year vet reward. These are new art that represence a specific shard. The shield will give you a character transfer token once a month to the shard it represence. The token is account bound, so they can not be traded or sold. If you have a shield in your house and the house decays the shield will disappear.

For Instance - (as long as you had a house on each) 1 on Atlantic and 1 on Chessy. This would allow you to transfer between those 2 shards once a month.

I kinda like the concept, but then again, I kinda don't like the concept. It sure cuts down on all the duped transfer tokens (18-25mil each) that are being sold out there.

K

Kayne

Dev's another one is the SHIELD account bound or just the tokens it creates?

Does the shield need to be locked down in a house to work?

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Sheep Statue - This statue is a resource giver, it will give you 10 pieces of a random hide or wool. This caps at 100 resources so make sure you collect your items.

Just curious, when you say the resources are capped at 100, does that mean the statue is useless after you get 100 wool or 100 Hides from it. Does it mean that it will only hold a max of 100 at a time and then you have to empty it for it to produce more?

Thanks!

P.S. - Any chance of bringing that tree stump back? ;)

The sheep will only hold 100 resources, then stop producing them till you collect what it holds. The same as the other resource producing rewards.

The tree stump never went anywhere, it's still an obtainable reward.

K

Kayne

For Instance - (as long as you had a house on each) 1 on Atlantic and 1 on Chessy. This would allow you to transfer between those 2 shards once a month.
If its account bound you cant have a house on two shards for one account...

If its not account bound its all fine

Symma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Well, I can see one 14th year reward being the least claimed on Siege :(

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

[*]Group Bracelet of Binding ; This item allows you to bind with 10 people at once. Handy for those times when part of your group is lost or has issues with running into trees and being left behind.
Even as a non-PvPer, this immediately screamed "PvP ambush squads" to me....

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

If its account bound you cant have a house on two shards for one account...

If its not account bound its all fine
I'm guessing that if I got say a shield for Lake Austin.. and a shield for GL's.... I could collect one of each... go to LA for a bit and then come back....

So I guess if I had a BUNCH of rewards... I could get a bunch and travel...

I guess.....

Now WHAT THE HECK is the Customizable house type sign thing??????

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Hang on... so for someone on Origin to test the shields and tokens they can either get an Origin shield, which would give a token that wouldn't work since they are already there - or get a shield for another shard, and leave Origin?

This seems to rather limit the testing options...

What may be worth a test though, is if co-owners can get the tokens from the shields - if the token is 'account bound' to the collector, that's fairly useful , but if the tokens are collectable only by the shield owner, the usefulness is very, very limited - and on Siege it's purely deco (as is any Siege shield on other shards).

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Please don't tell me they're going live with this publish before fixing the major bugs in this game like magic reflect.

Pub 73 - awesome.

But where's the beef?

R

RavenWinterHawk

What no how it is unfair that the 14 years get something nice that I cant have.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I don't really get the point of the test centre if the issues raised in it are not being addressed before publishes are released.

Have they now made the jewles in shame appear with durabiity? Or can we all pick up lgendary jewles with brittle and cannot be repaired and use them?

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter

Were there any changes to the new loot system in Shame since the release on TC last week?

K

Kayne

Hang on... so for someone on Origin to test the shields and tokens they can either get an Origin shield, which would give a token that wouldn't work since they are already there - or get a shield for another shard, and leave Origin?

This seems to rather limit the testing options...
Very very good point Aurelius, they can't actually test this at all until a month has passed due to the timer on getting the tokens. So this publish cant come off Origin until its been confirmed there are no issues after a month of testing

Xalan Dementia

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Group Bracelet of Binding – This item allows you to bind with 10 people at once. Handy for those times when part of your group is lost or has issues with running into trees and being left behind.

so these gonna have the same rules as the existing binding bracelets and BoS? Basically making them useless in gauntlet, ILsh, fel T2a/dungeons, peerless, etc

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Group Bracelet of Binding – This item allows you to bind with 10 people at once. Handy for those times when part of your group is lost or has issues with running into trees and being left behind.

so these gonna have the same rules as the existing binding bracelets and BoS? Basically making them useless in gauntlet, ILsh, fel T2a/dungeons, peerless, etc

But they will make your shard's zerg guild 10x more powerful when ganking as they all suddely appear around their stealth archer and slaughter you..

Yay?

I actually plan on getting one of these for eactly the reason they cite... People who can't seem to follow or keep up.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

so these gonna have the same rules as the existing binding bracelets and BoS? Basically making them useless in gauntlet, ----, fel T2a/dungeons, peerless, etc
I hope they won´t work in those places.

The SoT book sounds nice...

A Thought Elemental

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran

[*]Shard Shields – We have added this as the 14th year vet reward. These are new art that represence a specific shard. The shield will give you a character transfer token once a month to the shard it represence. The token is account bound, so they can not be traded or sold. If you have a shield in your house and the house decays the shield will disappear.
I'm confused.

So it's like, you can you go back and forth between a set 2 shards once a month?

A one way ticket only TO a shard seems like you'd use it... once a lifetime. Unless you were slowly moving all your characters from one shard to another, and the last one moves the shield-item along with you to the destination.

btw: represents

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

...and the last one moves the shield-item along with you to the destination.
Where it becomes useless since it can only make tokens for the shard it's already on.... if it's only the tokens that are account bound, you'd sell the shield once you had the tokens you wanted, but if the shield is also account bound - it becomes purely deco, if you take it with you. Or maybe if you transfer the house the shield is in... perhaps the already placed shield would work for the new house owner, regardless of their account age?

I'm not at all sure how these are meant to be used, they seem peculiarly 'limited'.

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

The shield is a pretty simple concept folks... But you would need to get *at least* two for constant travel.

Here's how you do it.

First, get a shield for the shard you're on, say GL. This shield will produce tokens to Xfer TO GL.

Second, get a shield for the shard you want to travel to, say Atl. This shield will produce tokens to Xfer TO Atl.

You put a GL token in your bag, you then USE the Atl token to xfer. You do business on Atl, then USE the GL token to return home.

Not rocket science.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I hope they won´t work in those places.

The SoT book sounds nice...
Surprised no one mentioned the SoT book until your post!

Finally, now they need a jewelry box, and what else. But wow, impressive.

A Thought Elemental

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran

The shield is a pretty simple concept folks... But you would need to get *at least* two for constant travel.

Here's how you do it.

First, get a shield for the shard you're on, say GL. This shield will produce tokens to Xfer TO GL.

Second, get a shield for the shard you want to travel to, say Atl. This shield will produce tokens to Xfer TO Atl.

You put a GL token in your bag, you then USE the Atl token to xfer. You do business on Atl, then USE the GL token to return home.

Not rocket science.
Well, sure, if that is how it works.

Seems odd to need to use 2 vet rewards to have this thing work in a way that seems intuitive.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Well, sure, if that is how it works.

Seems odd to need to use 2 vet rewards to have this thing work in a way that seems intuitive.
pretty sure u need 2 or 3 locked on your home shard ...say one for europa and one for atlantic one for GL...then u will get 3 tokens for those 3 shards per month!!!! THEN U WILL BE EASILY BE ABLE TO MOVE AROUND THOSE 3 SHARDS AT WILL.

Xalan Dementia

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

or ya get one shield to take stuff to ATL and have a empty char slot that you can just xfer over to ATL and delete char afterwards.

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

SOOOOO the qustion is this can a NON 14th year vet but a shard shield from a vet and lock down and use like teleporter tiles?

so the vet player, like the teleporters can get a payday from lesser mortals?

i can see so many negatives i wont whine here

BUT WOW i am 7th year want that these!!!!!!!

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

UMMM BUG #1, my EVs, in Trammel, attacked each other on Origin.

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Since when are sytems in UO intuitive? rolleyes:

One-way Xfers were just...obvious.

Most people would probably these to move goods back and forth between shards.

Since the shields only make tokens for the shard they represent, you would need at least two for round-trip travel.

Salivern_Diago

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I think you've missed the small detail about the Xfers... You'll only get one per month to the shard on the shield.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

I kinda get the feeling that Uriah on Legends will need an Atlantic shield, to go there. And then he will need A Legends shield in his Atlantic bankbox to get home with? And he can make this trip once a month...Account bound, should be able to xfer the tokens among the diff chars on the account, right?

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Here's how you do it.

Not rocket science.
If the shield works the same way as the High Seas themed rugs, they will only give tokens to the house owner - not to co-owners, or friends, only the house owner. So if you want a shield to give you account bound tokens on a shard, you need to be the house owner - and unless you have grandfathered accounts, you cannot own more than one house on an account. Your process works if you have two shields available to claim, but for anyone else, they are very, very weak apart from as deco.

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Wow, I'm astonished that Origin is getting the publish so quickly! I hope they fixed the properties spawning on the new loot system. The Christmas gifts look terrific and so do the vet rewards. It looks like the shield token thing is the only 14th year reward. I'm curious to see the age for the other rewards.:danceb:

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I can select this on my 11yr account:
* Group Bracelet of Binding
* Seed Box

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

I can select this on my 11yr account:
* Group Bracelet of Binding
* Seed Box
Hum... on my 12 year account I had the sheep...

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

I kinda get the feeling that Uriah on Legends will need an Atlantic shield, to go there. And then he will need A Legends shield in his Atlantic bankbox to get home with? And he can make this trip once a month...Account bound, should be able to xfer the tokens among the diff chars on the account, right?
Um... actually you could have them both on your Legends house... and use them before you leave... keep your return token in your bank...

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

The sheep shows as a 7th year reward

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

One request - like with the vet reward ankhs, can we have one version of the shield that is deco only, chooseable at a younger age, and the 'token giving' one for older accounts? I'd rather like a couple of these on my home shard as decoration.