• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[UO Herald] Producer's Letter - Where are we and what the heck are we doing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Cal_Mythic

hey Galen, I'll forgive that you typod "perfer" if you forgive me for typoing "Zhah" :)

Ta!

C

Cal_Mythic

If I had ownership of or control of over the word "prefer" the same way that you have ownership or control over the fictional character of Queen Zhah, this would be a valid comparison. Also, if "prefer" were a proper noun. Also if I were a Producer of the Guinness Book of World Records-certified longest-running subscription-based MMO.

*shrugs*

You were, however, probably kidding, thus technically making my reaction an over-reaction....To an extent.

I would urge you to be aware, however, of the fact that, in the present climate, your remark doesn't necessarily come across that way.

First of all, you have openly aligned yourself with the portion of the player base that views message board fighting as an extension of fighting in-game. So I see a reply like yours, and the first thing that comes to my mind is "message board PvP." If you think about it for a moment you'll likely see that this interpretation is pretty reasonable.

Secondly, your posts of tonight come to us in the wake of complaints about the quality and quantity of your communication with us. To the extent they are viewed harshly it is in part due to a poisonous atmosphere that you've all contributed to by communicating with us less often, and less meaningfully, than has-been typical.

And thirdly, passions are quite understandably running quite high in the wake of the loss of Draconi and other valued members of the team.

But then again...

*shrugs*

-Galen's player

Noted. *Hugs*

For the record I knew what I was getting into when this was posted ... and please note that as I write this I'm smiling.

Believe me ... I MISS YOU GUYS (But you're still not getting my Bud Light).

I mentioned the Blog I'm doing for more than the reason of saying we're doing stuff ON Baja ...(Yes Yes .. the letter was rife with mistakes ... and yes I knew better. I wanted to get something together and out the door before the publish was a thing of the past. I mentioned it because I really do want a more direct connection with a sole/soul (intentional) purpose of identifying the "X' of UO.

For those who have done marketing and such the "X" is that thing which defines the product. Honestly, the intent of showing the MacLuna was to accentuate the type of creativity that is UO and how wickedly amazing our playerbase is ... It's just ONE example of what this game stands for ... in addition to 1,405.7 other things.

AesSedai ... Yeah I need to update my title ... Seems I need to take care of a bit more housekeeping.

As far as a rep for the Community ... we have enlisted ZigZag to assist with the front here, and he is just getting his feet under him. We're taking baby steps to getting back to you guys and communicating ... We just had a few things to deal with on our front.

With tongue in cheek I say .."Thanks for the welcome back guys ... See you around campus.)

Galen keep bringing it man ... If you don't say anything I don't think you care :)

*light bulb goes on has he smiles* ohhhhh Now I understand what happens when I don't come hang out.

Walks away into the darkness most likely to be eaten by a grue.

C

Cal_Mythic

I am missing a comment about the improvement of the Enhanced Client. Does the client still have a future?
Yes it does, we are far from done with it. It's Derek baby, and he has a very large TDD (Technical Design Doc) that we are piecing through.

There are truthfully a dozen other things that the team is up to, but we have to define our priorities for smaller dev cycles (3-6 months) ... not the year or more we spent launching SA.

This year we want to dedicate our time to enhancing the live game and bolstering out core systems for UO. Bonnie has filled out our dev board for the next several months and has identified a few bugs and systems we're addressing.

But more directly in terms of the EC ... oh no we are not done. But the letter was going on four pages long with all that I wanted to say.

Now if you'll pardon me, I'm off to eat Cheerios.

Status
Not open for further replies.