• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[UO Herald] Eleventh Year Collection

A

Aboo

I won’t pretend to know what it takes to get the UOGameCodes into shape to do what we/they want done. However, I can say that somehow the Japanese know how so obviously someone somewhere has the knowhow to do it and I think 6 weeks is a bit long to just keep stringing it out without hardly a word to their paying customers.

I also won’t say that I blame anyone on the UO team for this fiasco. However, I will blame someone at EA for not making, allowing, insisting, whatever that the Community Relations person keep us up-to-date on the progress both before the fiasco and after.

I’m also going to express my extreme anger and disappointment, yet again, over the fact that the Japanese got these items on NOVEMBER 13, 2008. We were supposed to get them on DECEMBER 13, 2008. On FEBRUARY 17, 2009 they were offered to us for a VERY limited amount of time. MOST of us, I would wage, didn’t get a chance to get them. AND the ones who were fortunate enough to get them, through no fault of their own, got to purchase them, got their money refunded AND got to keep the items. The rest of us are still SOL 3 ½ months after we should have been able to purchase them. PURCHASE them, NOT have them given to us. That is pretty bad when MANY of us wanted to BUY them and still almost 4 months later we can’t. Yet some of us got them for free.

I apologize if I sound really bitter but I am. I have supported UO for 11+ years. I have invested LOTS of money and time into this game. I feel as though the reward for my loyalty and investment is that they shoved me to the back steps, shut the door and ignore my knocks.

F

Flora Green

I'm going to point out again that while the devs aren't responsible for the store fiasco, they ARE responsible for the fabled in game 11th anniversary gifts. The ONLY reason I point this out is because official ea people themselves have stated that we are supposed to receive them. Yet, they haven't given a clue as to what these alledged items are or when they will be released. No they aren't particularly important, but it's another example of saying they are doing something and not following through.

The anniversary was in September. It's now April 1 in a new year. I'm betting the men on the dev team don't dare wait this long to give their wives anniversary gifts. My take? The gifts don't exist. I mean, why would they? It's only a whole 12 months in between anniversaries to plan accordingly.

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Well, Draconi hasn't had his year anniversary yet....I wonder if we can convince him to delay their wedding anniversary a few months to see how his wife would take it?

Draconi, please don't kill me :p

H

Harb

Oh please don't get me wrong, I understand and concur with both your views and frustrations - have all along. I remember a few months back when most folks, including you, were very patient/ understanding! Also please don't get the wrong idea, I'm not saying that getting the codes store fixed is a valid justification, just that if we're getting both issues addressed, I'm glad we are.

To your points, yes, communication has been utterly and completely abysmal. There may be a myriad of reasons for it. My guess is that NDAs, coupled with a marketing "boo-boo," are what got us collectively into the comms mess. I do know the new community rep has a solid reputation that goes back a ways, so in light of her coming back onboard in the middle of this mess, I'm just personally willing to extend benefit of the doubt. Priorities also led to part of the trouble, I don't think anyone on this side of the pond really saw this one coming, and consequently were slow to respond and resourced only as an aside. As players, we become accustomed to the dev side of the dev team, the faces/ names we know best don't run the business side of the program. Not to be overly harsh or display lack of sympathy or understanding, given the authority/ responsibility I'd replace the individual who does - not understanding the profit requirements of the company at such a basic level is not forgivable, at least to me. So no, I don't think you're over-reacting or too critical.

A

Aboo

Oh please don't get me wrong, I understand and concur with both your views and frustrations - have all along. I remember a few months back when most folks, including you, were very patient/ understanding! . . . So no, I don't think you're over-reacting or too critical.
:) I never thought that you didn't understand and possibly even agree with some/parts/most of what I said.

I'm sorry to have such a pessimistic attitude about this. I tried to be patient for a long time. But it seems that when they want you to have patience for this they mean LONG term patience and they aren't going to give you any information in the meantime.

Almost any situation is bearable if you know there's an end in sight. I don't see one here.

F

Flora Green

Well, Draconi hasn't had his year anniversary yet....I wonder if we can convince him to delay their wedding anniversary a few months to see how his wife would take it?

Draconi, please don't kill me :p
:D:)

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

Almost any situation is bearable if you know there's an end in sight. I don't see one here.
Oh, there's an end all right...

...it ends with us not getting these items. Ever.

H

Harb

Hiya Aboo, just looked at the games codes store, and wow, nothing at all. No changes, no additions, etc. Just wanted to let ya know! Oh and Flora, chocolate ingrediants still won't stack :( Just a happy update of things not forgotten.

Borric

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I want these items. I would make a post every day about it if UO still had a message board. As it is, the folks at stratics don't deserve that treatment.

Borric

A

Aboo

Hiya Aboo, just looked at the games codes store, and wow, nothing at all. No changes, no additions, etc. Just wanted to let ya know! Oh and Flora, chocolate ingrediants still won't stack :( Just a happy update of things not forgotten.
Thanks Harb! You're an angel to check on it and keep us posted!

My niece is just about to graduate from nursing school (Lunaticus here on Stratics) and she got her second heart patient yesterday. She was sooooo excited. I told her great that she would be an expert when I have a heart attack (she told me I wasn't allowed to have one) but I can almost guarantee you it will happen IF they ever offer those items to the ones of us who weren't fortunate enough to get them yet.

Again Harb thanks!

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just went looking for these and guess what...im here now wondering whats gone wrong...but i see im not the only one :lick:

4gregu

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I ended up buying a token for the bulk order deed covers from a player vendor. I was planning on buying a master token from the codestore, but the covers where the only thing I was really after (I just figured while I was buying, might as well get them all).

Will my not buying a master token matter to them at the end of the day? I doubt it... but it matters to me, and that makes all the difference in the world.