• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[UO Herald] BNN: Dungeons and Flagons

_zigzag_

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Avery woke up in a crumpled heap, his head lodged up against moist brick and legs pulled askew by iron shackles. He’d been thrown here, he realized, probably after he passed out during the last round of interrogations.

His eyes were still closed. He listened, carefully, keeping his breathing as regular as possible, trying to determine whether he was being watched. It was darker, wherever he was, unlike the bright room where he’d been held for hours previously.

More...

T

Tycolby

And to think 4 Years ago ppl were cursing Zig for locking too many PvP threads on LA forums!!!!! Just look at were he is now!!

ZigZag for Pres 08!!!!!!!!

woody

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
am i reading this right avery and ricardo on the one side and casca and his friends on the other. cause of the .. would malke it 2 differen places or am i nuts as usual

B

Bouche835

It has been a while since I read the last one, who is Casco?

_zigzag_

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And to think 4 Years ago ppl were cursing Zig for locking too many PvP threads on LA forums!!!!! Just look at were he is now!!

ZigZag for Pres 08!!!!!!!!
I still get cursed :D

As far as the news posts, I appreciate the thanks, but remember these are just tagged with my username when a UO Herald post is made and fed here via RSS.

The real thanks should go to the UO team :)

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Casca was the prosecutor for the Ricardo trial. He's "one of the first elves to ever represent the citizenry in the courts". He was promoted to Ambassador after the trial. Casca was "captured" by the FoA ("aided by Avery") before being located by players.

K

Kratos Aurion

intense!! Ricardo lives? Casca is a mean man? Theif?!? Wheres the next chapter at?

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wait what? It's been so long since this storyline had anything added, and in between major events before that, that I don't know WTF is going on here.

S

sapphirediablo11

Wait what? It's been so long since this storyline had anything added, and in between major events before that, that I don't know WTF is going on here.
This is just reminding people perty much about what happened after avery was taken by the guards if you managed to defeat Melissa, the follower of... Nosfentor, Cowardice opposes Courage, a shadow lord... This also informs people that Avery is going to be let live, and Ricardo is still alive !!! YES!!!! WOOHOO!!! (i have so many of his books :D ) and someone else will probly add to it :D

Phaen Grey

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh its been too long since the last chapter, I know Avery was framed... Don't think Casca is a good guy, Ricardo was set up too!

S

sapphirediablo11

Oh its been too long since the last chapter, I know Avery was framed... Don't think Casca is a good guy, Ricardo was set up too!
Ricardo could leave prison anytime he wanted...

Bringing up something now... and it is important...

When you did the Melissa quest and you went to ilsh, The one door was tampered by a ledgendary theif, Ricardo can someoen explain that to me?

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When you did the Melissa quest and you went to ilsh, The one door was tampered by a ledgendary theif, Ricardo can someoen explain that to me?
That location was originally used as a prison for Inu, when she was captured by Yrigor. The door was locked by a very tough lock, and Ricardo unlocked it in hopes it would get people off his back about starting the whole Ophidian War over the Artificed Scion thing.

Inu is taken captive
Ricardo's offer to open the door

K

Katlene

Can we still do the whole choose sides thing? i was away when all that happened, id really like to get a glass dagger. i like things.

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hang Ricardo!

Richardo is the vile villain who provoked the ophidians, starting the entire chain reaction of events that scattered blackrock across the land, warped Moonglow and continues to influence the land! He is a thief! A thief I tell you and has eluded the noose of justice far too long.

Casca was an elven ambassador who was chosen as neutral prosecutor of the trial of Richardo for the crime of starting the war. Although his status in the court is little unclear after this, aside from Lady Aileen (who is missing) he is the only known survivor of the royal council attack, rescued from a very heavily guarded (but not ghost-proof) dungeon in Ilshenar. As the highest ranking noble of the land that I know of, he is clearly the leader of our kingdom.

Avery is a noble guardsman who tracked down the Followers of Armaggedon who disrupted/destroyed/morphed Haven with their dark magic and dark traders. He led the closing of the rift of Moonglow. Adventurers, seeking only wealth and glory of reward, were deceived into believing he was the murderer of the council and has had no chance to clear his name.

(anyone who disagrees with me is wrong!)

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Free Ricardo!

Ricardo is a famous voice of the free spirit of the people, one who mock the hypocricy of the elite and revels in the simple pleasure of parting possessions from those unworthy of their care. A scapegoat for those who refuse to accept their own failings, even though sentenced to death, he has managed, through wit and guile to postpone this unpleasant end. Perhaps he could escape yet again? Perhaps he waits for the people to free him?

Casca was an elven ambassador who was chosen as neutral prosecutor of the trial of Richardo for the crime of starting the war. Although his status in the court is little unclear after this, aside from Lady Aileen (who is missing) he is the only known survivor of the royal council attack, rescued from a very heavily guarded (but not ghost-proof) dungeon in Ilshenar. As the highest ranking noble of the land that I know of, he is clearly the leader of our kingdom.

Avery is a traiter who has betrayed and murdered the royal council. Long holding the most trusted post in the land, he "investigated" the Followers of Armageddon, he "saved" Moonglow from the mad mage's brackrock rift. Then, when all seemed peaceful and the land let its guard down, he struck. Now the kingdom limps on, nearly headless, though perhaps when he meets justice we will have peace again.

S

sapphirediablo11

Hang Ricardo!

Richardo is the vile villain who provoked the ophidians, starting the entire chain reaction of events that scattered blackrock across the land, warped Moonglow and continues to influence the land! He is a thief! A thief I tell you and has eluded the noose of justice far too long.

Casca was an elven ambassidor who was chooen as neutral judge of the trial of Richardo for the crime of starting the war. Although his status in the court is little unclear after this, aside from Lady Aileen (who is missing) he is the only known survivor of the royal council attack, rescued from a very heavily guarded (but not ghost-proof) dungeon in Ilshenar. As the highest ranking noble of the land that I know of, he is clearly the leader of our kingdom.

Avery is a noble guardsman who tracked down the Followers of Armaggedon who disrupted/destroyed/morphed Haven with their dark magic and dark traders. He led the closing of the rift of Moonglow. Aventurers, seeking only weath and glory of reward, were decieved into believing he was the murderer of the council and has had no chance to clear his name.

Free Ricardo!

Ricardo is a famous voice of the free spirit of the people, one who mock the hypocricy of the elite and revels in the simple pleasure of parting possessions from those unworthy of their care. A scapegoat for those who refuse to accept their own failings, even though sentenced to death, he has managed, through wit and guile to pospone this unpleasant end. Perhaps he could escape yet again? Perhaps he waits for the people to free him?

Casca was an elven ambassidor who was chooen as neutral judge of the trial of Richardo for the crime of starting the war. Although his status in the court is little unclear after this, aside from Lady Aileen (who is missing) he is the only known survivor of the royal council attack, rescued from a very heavily guarded (but not ghost-proof) dungeon in Ilshenar. As the highest ranking noble of the land that I know of, he is clearly the leader of our kingdom.

Avery is a traiter who has betrayed and murdered the royal council. Long holded the most trusted post in the land, he "investigated" the Followers of Armaggedon, he "saved" Moonglow from the mad mage's brackrock rift. Then, when all seemed peaceful and the land let its guard down, he struck. Now the kingdom limps on, nearly headless, though perhaps when he meets justice we will have peace again.

Very two sided there aren't you :p well said nice stories, From this i would like to point out Black rock was already covering our land, just we were yet to find it, for the mages have for year been trying to discover its true potential. Avery and Ricardo are the only true people left in this land, and both of them should be given the highest honors and praise not be kept in some jail.... just my opinion tho :D

That location was originally used as a prison for Inu, when she was captured by Yrigor. The door was locked by a very tough lock, and Ricardo unlocked it in hopes it would get people off his back about starting the whole Ophidian War over the Artificed Scion thing.

Inu is taken captive
Ricardo's offer to open the door
*slaps head* Oh yea hehe woops thanks :D

F

Flora Green

Why is it that every time I see Casca I think of Costco or Crisco...

A

AesSedai

Why is it that every time I see Casca I think of Costco or Crisco...
- lol :)
Watch out for that Casca, me thinks...

Good story! Things look to be shaking up in the Royal Council.
Do Ricardo and Avery become bff's?
Good?
Bad?
Stay tuned to find out?
Aye, I think the last question has the most potential.

B

Bouche835

Casca was the prosecutor for the Ricardo trial. He's "one of the first elves to ever represent the citizenry in the courts". He was promoted to Ambassador after the trial. Casca was "captured" by the FoA ("aided by Avery") before being located by players.
Thanks Gildar

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually, in regards to blackrock, the first appearance if it in-game (with the Inu plotline at any rate) was when a strange moongate was destroyed down in Terathan Keep. Blackrock bits were scattered across the lands from this explosion and one can still see the moongate remains down in Terathan Keep today. My understanding was the keepers of the Moongate were the ophidians (whose generals were slaughtering the poor Terathans who tried to fight them off). Looking at UOGuide articles on ophidians, it states that ophidians sometimes use blackrock for their holy artifacts. It also states the Ricardo was freed from Terathan Keep and stole the artificed scion (or Scion's Zenith) when he escaped. Later in the trial it would come out this Zenith was actually a crown. Now why would the ophidians have their scion's crown down in Terathan keep? You'd think they'd keep it safely at home with the Scion. Perhaps because it was a holy artifact with the blackrock required to create this strange moongate? Perhaps Ricardo's theft of the crown forstalled an opening to the void which would have let the Shadowlords into our world far earlier.

OldAsTheHills

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like the mirror image write up about the storyline.

The Six are going to return.

The people are going to end up in the Abyss.

One of Two will be set free.

*stares*
Yahaxithonix