• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UO Greenhouse

• Thread starter Mysterious SI
  • Start date
  • Watchers 2

Would you like to see a 'UO Greenhouse' option

• Aye

Votes: 17 70.8%
  • Nay

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Something similiar

Votes: 4 16.7%

• Total voters
M

Mysterious SI

Hello Mr/Mrs. Dev!

Growing plants takes an insane amount of hours.

Please consider implementing a 'UO Greenhouse.'

I'm thinking that this would be a vet reward that would help players manage their plants.

UO is fantastic except sometimes there is a tendancy to make players micro-manage very boring things. Growing plants is a perfect example. We want to be out there enjoying what the plants give us, not spending 10 minutes each day/per plant.

Please consider my request!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

K

Kallie Pigeon

Do you talk to your plants? I hear it helps but I never do it. 10 minutes a plant? Yeah but I like the idea but only if it will work in my blue beetle.

Guido_LS

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd be interested in something that made the initial setup easier - other than that, I can't see much that could be added that would make things better without making them too easy...

1 run 400 plants at a time, and other than the initial setup of buying the bowls, filling the bowls, locking down the bowls (300 are house lockdowns) and double watering each one...

Once all set up, though, it takes me roughly 40mins a day for regular maintenance.

Perhaps if you were to detail just what it is that you want this greenhouse to do, you might gain some support. However, tying it to veteran rewards is not one of those ways.

F

Flora Green

I would love a greenhouse, if as nothing other than new housing tiles that we can custom design our greenhouses. One other solution is to release corner window pieces to existing tilesets to invoke the feel of a greenhouse.

Not sure what you are doing that is requiring you to spend 10 mins per plant and no, no, no to a greenhouse as a vet reward.

Sinful_Candie

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would LOVE a green house. My one house is all plants only. It would look awesome if it was a true green house. :thumbup1:

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't understand. Growing plants takes maybe 10 seconds per plant per day. Log in for less than 10 minutes a day and you're done.

Why don't you describe the functionality of your greenhouse a little more? What features should it have?

I sure would appreciate a greenhouse that allows me to put all my plants into without using up too much house storage.

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'd love greenhouse styled tiles like see through glass walls, sunken pools (with curved edges) and vine trellises to custo a home, seed trays (for storage), and a watering can versus my glass pitcher. A greenhouse command where a gardener (owner, co-owner, or friend) could use the test center command grow_plants once any time of a day that resets at server up. As many others have posted, also am not interested in this being limited by vet reward status.

Lady Laurel

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would love to have a greenhouse style for custom house tiles.

I also think it would be neat to have a bod-book type thing for plants, with a design of a plant bench or something like that. When opened, on each line it would show all the things needed for tending the plants. You would still need to tend each plant, so it would not be a "give me", but it would remove the need to open each plant and would cut down a little on the lockdowns that they take.

Guido_LS

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It would be nice to have something that could help organize this...

Guido's house of pain, er, plants... :)

Next floor down is a repeat of the layout, except it's nothing but bright green snake plants... 1st floor is deco only, 2nd floor is barren atm, but may set it up as a vendor area.

K

Kallie Pigeon

It would be nice to have something that could help organize this...

Guido's house of pain, er, plants... :)

Next floor down is a repeat of the layout, except it's nothing but bright green snake plants... 1st floor is deco only, 2nd floor is barren atm, but may set it up as a vendor area.
I can see you never worry about how to get magical residue and enchanted essence. I just tried a few thorns last night. Thanks for the suggestion. I hate it when one plant laggs behind. I have one 7 days behind the others poor thing almost died and got stunted. How far away does the gardening menu work?

Guido_LS

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can see you never worry about how to get magical residue and enchanted essence. I just tried a few thorns last night. Thanks for the suggestion. I hate it when one plant laggs behind. I have one 7 days behind the others poor thing almost died and got stunted. How far away does the gardening menu work?
It works all the way across the room/area, but in the few times I tried going that way, I ended up missing them, so I actually walk, square by square, and hit each one, and then double check.

I had to re-arrange the roof after that pic was taken... you can't walk through the pony tails, and there were more than a few in the middle, bunched up... everything on the right were old, unidentified seeds, except for the upper corner, which were naturalist seeds.

And yeah, high luck + vorpal bunnies = a good amount of residue/essence :)

Guido_LS

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't understand. Growing plants takes maybe 10 seconds per plant per day. Log in for less than 10 minutes a day and you're done.

Why don't you describe the functionality of your greenhouse a little more? What features should it have?

I sure would appreciate a greenhouse that allows me to put all my plants into without using up too much house storage.
I can promise that the picture I posted requires far more than 10 minutes a day :) It'd be nice if it didn't, but... as they say, we all pay for the choices we make.... and hopefully, this choice will have made around 200 or so SoR's...

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Make an item like the incubator but it opens like the KR backpack did and has 50 spots for plants.

All 50 should show on the screen when in pots or bloomed.

Make the plants not take up house lockdowns.

Make them work like a mix of backpack and lockdown. You can tend them once per server day. They only need tending that day if you open the greenhouse.

I would not mind an item like this one.

SashaSeeks

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like your idea on the greenhouse Pawain, Be able to lock down the green house, but not have to lock down each plant that goes into it.

When I grew hundreds of plants at a time, I actually used both 2d version of game and the KR/EC. I would go warring and hunting in 2d, then simply log into KR (now EC) to tend my plants daily. I was growing plants on beetles at that time and the seperation of the backpacks/boxes made life much simpler. The only time I use EC is simply for some crafting activites, or if I go back to multiple plants. Downloading the EC is worth it for caring for multiple plants, woodchopping and mining, but thats about it in my book.

Now that I'm NOT growing plants by the hundreds, and have a beatiful roof that I don't want to clutter with plants in multiple stages. I now grow them in my living room, and they tend to look like a "house plant" arrangement. I have started stacking my plants in groups of 5. This is working well and easy to place down and it doesn't hog up my whole room or house. When the plants bloom, I simply take my house decorating tool and raise each plant one notch to make it easier to water. But in the meantime while I'm waiting for petals or resources they look like quite a unique plant arragement. Also having a macro button set up for "i wish to secure this" and "I wish to release this" is a huge time saver.

L

Lady Lovely

would be nice if it was like a bod book and took up less space as well......it takes me almost half and hour to an hour depending on the stage to tend to my plants daily.....its just too much time....:sad2:

D

DHMagicMan_1

Now that we can stack seeds... I'm still wishing for seed jars or something similar that would store all the colors and types so I can just select which seed I want from a menu... like the BOD Books.

Growing doesn't take too much from my perspective, but Fertile Dirt could be givin a boost to make it worth the effort. I'd make it double growth per day so people would want to use it.

And a way to stack and store deco mode plants...