• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UO forum is a complete joke

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That novel writing idiot does not get censored and is allowed to spout nonsense on any topic, mostly those he has no knowledge of and when people try to get through to the idiot their post get deleted

what a complete joke

but they don’t get that he is a troll just getting a rise from everyone

the mods on there are clueless and should be embarrassed

I just hope the devs don’t ever think he has any good ideas

one day he will get his wish and sampires will be destroyed and his stupid thief will be able to solo a champ

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
He does have a few valid points though....

Never been a fan of AOE impacting vetting, but it is what it is. Gotta learn to make do.

Pet push through in Tram SHOULD be allowed. Imo this is part of the problem causing pets to drop loyalty and go wild so quickly. It is utterly moronic to include no push through in tram ruleset.

If pets do half damage... again... utterly idiotic move by the Devs. I honestly do not pay much attention to the damage output a pet is doing in any specific instance unless I am building one.

Pets changing targets is another one. This is especially true with pet doing area damage (Goo etc). Have had the pet run off screen to attack a mob it hit with Goo even though a mob was already on it. Pet AI and Pets listening to the Tamer has needed work for years... but *shrugs*...

Other than that, he definitely needs to learn strategy of being a Tamer. It is not, and should not be an easy button. Most everything in game (Stygian Drag, Paroxy and a few others excluded) can be taken out by an effective and strategy based tamer.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Yes he can be a pain in the neck, no I do not bother to read all of his essays, but a couple of times in the last month or so I did actually agree with something he said, yes I was surprised...

Meat Elemental

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That novel writing idiot does not get censored and is allowed to spout nonsense on any topic, mostly those he has no knowledge of and when people try to get through to the idiot their post get deleted

what a complete joke

one day he will get his wish and sampires will be destroyed and his stupid thief will be able to solo a champ
Got my vote...

Sent from my SM-N986W using Tapatalk

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
He does have a few valid points though....

Never been a fan of AOE impacting vetting, but it is what it is. Gotta learn to make do.

Pet push through in Tram SHOULD be allowed. Imo this is part of the problem causing pets to drop loyalty and go wild so quickly. It is utterly moronic to include no push through in tram ruleset.

If pets do half damage... again... utterly idiotic move by the Devs. I honestly do not pay much attention to the damage output a pet is doing in any specific instance unless I am building one.

Pets changing targets is another one. This is especially true with pet doing area damage (Goo etc). Have had the pet run off screen to attack a mob it hit with Goo even though a mob was already on it. Pet AI and Pets listening to the Tamer has needed work for years... but *shrugs*...

Other than that, he definitely needs to learn strategy of being a Tamer. It is not, and should not be an easy button. Most everything in game (Stygian Drag, Paroxy and a few others excluded) can be taken out by an effective and strategy based tamer.
None of that is his ideas. He reads a post then wants to chance how the game works based on what he reads.
His pet only has 90 chiv after almost 4 years now. He clearly does not play a tamer enough to understand game mechanics. He complains about his chiv pet dying from poison.
You need to go read some of his other novels.

My cat walking on the keyboard can come up with a few words here and there. So he also has a chance of a good idea if he writes enough.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
IMO Sampires need a nerf... just saying... but who cares... everyone knows he just is like that... be thankful he's not constantly doing it here... I highly doubt anyone of the DEVs even reads their forums much... or these... they just do whatever they are going to do regardless...

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
what a complete joke
Funny you posted this because after I read yet another trolling post from him I was going to come here and post something similar :hahaha:

I'm starting to wonder if it's just one of Merv's alternate accounts. That's the only other person I saw on a regular basis post that kind of trolling from.

I do think that the Mods over there seem to let him get away with quite a bit until the threads are ultimately locked bc people all tell him the same thing and eventually get fed up with all his novels.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I went over there and saw he posted another super novel. That guy has waaaaayyyyyy too much time on his hands or maybe his job is just to troll and post 90 page essays on the forums lol

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Bold statement. Perhaps you could back it up with a description.

They shouldn't be able to solo just about everything in the game... they need a nerf... more things especially bosses should be immune to life leach...

Just feel that more of the game ought to require more than one person. It is an MMO... there is no multi-player in UO save for the EM Events that many folks just can't do ... given time constraints and the lag problems and all... it just seems to me that UO has lost its sense of community... and part of that reason is that so much can be solo'd now that most don't or won't work with groups ... there is almost no need at all for a guild... besides PvP...

Once upon a time when I really loved UO ... we would have Muster every Saturday evening and we'd go dungeon crawling... to do that now with a guild most of the guild would be bored to tears... not only is the spawn rate slow as molasses in winter... but you can one-hit kill a bunch of things that once took an entire guild to take on... and since there is nothing that you really need a group for there aren't really any groups doing stuff save the roof and again EM Events... but even then everything is about getting something... and very few get it... typically the same people over and over... which again leads to people dissatisfied and upset... and quitting... or barely playing.

I highly doubt a new shard that gets wiped periodically is going to fix any of that. For many, I'm gonna bet that shard is one and done... did it once didn't like the ending ... or didn't like the loss of everything starting all over... I mean really most of us have made 100's of characters... that isn't a thrill in the slightest... and for a lot of us if we wanted to be on different shards making new characters we would have ages ago and some of us do have multiple characters on many other shards ... that isn't something new and exciting...

Yes, it's a bold statement to say that Sampires need a nerf... I'm still of the opinion that there should be FAR BIGGER penalties for having Necro on a Paladin... just shouldn't ever happen... but that's me. Necro and Chivalry should never go together... One should always cancel the other out. Just my opinion... but apparently the DEVs are not of that opinion... I'm sure that's not an opinion shared by many in UO but it's mine. Something that OP should be nerfed... and kept in check... otherwise everyone who solos everything gets bored quickly and it leads to the issue they are having at present which is Power Creep... If they want to control that then they need to keep templates that are seriously OP in check... hence the Sampire needing a nerf.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I'm still of the opinion that there should be FAR BIGGER penalties for having Necro on a Paladin... just shouldn't ever happen... but that's me. Necro and Chivalry should never go together... One should always cancel the other out. Just my opinion... but apparently the DEVs are not of that opinion... I'm sure that's not an opinion shared by many in UO but it's mine.
I do agree with this fully. There should at the very least be a 10-15k Karma loss anytime someone with Chivalry casts a Necromancy spell.

Elessar

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
MalagAste, I agree with you on the community stuff. On LS I try to host a Corgul mission at least a couple times a week because it's a great way to get people together. I also take my two bards to Blackthorn dungeon and group up with whoever is there; my bards do zero damage but they still get drops, and it's fun to work through those with a group. There are open Shadowguard groups virtually every day, and this week some impromptu groups took on Paroxymous and last week Exodus. I wasn't able to attend those, but from the chatter it sounded like great fun.

The group stuff is fun sometimes, and LS has a pretty healthy community of people willing to try stuff like that.

Zorminius

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I disagree. Nothing wrong with content that can be done solo. I typically don’t play at night, when the rest of my guild does, because I have family time in real life. I play in short bursts here and there. If I couldn’t do any fun content, and kill bosses solo, I would get bored and stop playing. I play because I have fun running around killing things by myself when time permits. There is an argument for both, but there must be content available for solo players. Introduce some new hard bosses, but no need for any nerfs at all.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
They shouldn't be able to solo just about everything in the game... they need a nerf... more things especially bosses should be immune to life leach...
Please post up details of your Sampire template and playstyle with specifics on what is broken. It seems rather clear you do not play the template.

Just feel that more of the game ought to require more than one person.
The game does require alot more than one person to be successful. Sampires can't "solo everything" without any other help. SIMPLY NOT TRUE.

there is no multi-player in UO save for the EM Events that many folks just can't do ...
Simply not a true statement.

it just seems to me that UO has lost its sense of community... and part of that reason is that so much can be solo'd now that most don't or won't work with groups ... there is almost no need at all for a guild... besides PvP...
No - it hasn't. Over the last year with the pandemic, we have seen more growth in the community than in the 7 or 8 years that preceded it. Plenty of big guilds that do group events and offer a significant sense of community.

Further - not everyone should be forced into a play style where every single aspect of content should require a group to complete. If you want that style of content, consider creating an Elder Scrolls Online account.

Once upon a time when I really loved UO
You mean before you just decided to hate on every aspect of the game here on Stratics?

we would have Muster every Saturday evening and we'd go dungeon crawling... to do that now with a guild most of the guild would be bored to tears... not only is the spawn rate slow as molasses in winter... but you can one-hit kill a bunch of things that once took an entire guild to take on... and since there is nothing that you really need a group for there aren't really any groups doing stuff save the roof and again EM Events...
UWF on ATL does a hunt every single night except for Tuesdays. On Sundays, the hunt leader does an old school dungeon hunt. It averages anywhere from 8 to 20 attendees depending on the week. And that's just one example. The content is there if you know where to look for it.

And if the content is too easy for you - that's a content problem - not a template problem.

Again - has nothing to do with Sampires. Not sure how Nerfing sampires changes this.

but even then everything is about getting something... and very few get it... typically the same people over and over... which again leads to people dissatisfied and upset... and quitting... or barely playing.
So this isn't about Sampires. This is about certain people getting more EM drops than others.

Also - not too many Sampires at EM events... mostly Tamers, Throwers and Mystics... perhaps they deserve some nerfs?

I highly doubt a new shard that gets wiped periodically is going to fix any of that. For many, I'm gonna bet that shard is one and done... did it once didn't like the ending ... or didn't like the loss of everything starting all over... I mean really most of us have made 100's of characters... that isn't a thrill in the slightest... and for a lot of us if we wanted to be on different shards making new characters we would have ages ago and some of us do have multiple characters on many other shards ... that isn't something new and exciting...
Again, not sure how this relates to Sampires.

Yes, it's a bold statement to say that Sampires need a nerf... I'm still of the opinion that there should be FAR BIGGER penalties for having Necro on a Paladin... just shouldn't ever happen... but that's me. Necro and Chivalry should never go together... One should always cancel the other out. Just my opinion... but apparently the DEVs are not of that opinion... I'm sure that's not an opinion shared by many in UO but it's mine. Something that OP should be nerfed... and kept in check...
That's about the only actual game change example you've given. I don't agree with it, but that's just my opinion.

However, if you create a 'penalty' as you suggest, you'll just see more Sampire templates replace Chivalry with Anatomy. For traveling, they would use Runebooks with Recall charges. Your suggested nerf would have an easy way to get around it.

And worse yet - this would cause even LESS variation in skill setups and templates. Atleast now there is some variability in the skill setup and overall theory of the build, but this suggestion would make Sampire templates even more vanilla.

otherwise everyone who solos everything gets bored quickly and it leads to the issue they are having at present which is Power Creep... If they want to control that then they need to keep templates that are seriously OP in check... hence the Sampire needing a nerf.
I see more Tamers acting Solo to do a majority of game content than ever before. The Taming Revamp and masteries gave Tamers a HUGE BOOST. Sampires did not receive anything close to the boost Tamers received with these changes.

The power creep in this game is gear related. This is something your precious Tamers benefit from as well.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Beyond the Chiv/Necro comment, you've provided no real data or otherwise usable examples of why Sampires should be nerfed and what in particular is too over powered. Mostly a ramble about community spirit, which as clearly documented on these forums for many years appears to be much more of a personal problem than an actual UO Community problem.

:facepalm:

Dragkarah

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
Majority of content doesn't need chiv on sampire anyway...

Only a few end bosses with no slayer is chiv useful on them.. underwater, scalis, paroxy. Most high end content has a slayer so you don't need chiv.

All of doom (except fleshrender), corgul, VirtueMart, journal, all champ spawns, most Peerless, ect.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Sampires are popular for a reason. Let´s not pretend they´re not...

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Fey is one of the few categories that you can't stack Slayers for (Enchantress' Cameo doesn't come in Fey Slayer). Lord Oaks, Lady Silvani, Lady Melisande, Twaulo of the Glade, Harbinger, Paragon Cu Sidhes, etc. Need Chiv+Bush to reach 300% Damage against them.
Non-Slayer bosses include Exodus, Osiredon the Scalis Enforcer, Charybdis, Chief Paroxysmus, Fleshrender, Shadowlords, Cora the Sorceress, Neira, Virtuebane, Ozymandias, Anon (except in Elemental Form), Travesty (unless she's in a Costume/Wraith Form), Dragon Turtle (other than Eodon Slayer), Blackthorn's Captains (other than Sampire), Monstrous Interred Grizzle, Ilhenir the Stained, Zipactriotl, Tyrannosaurus Rex, Harrower, True Harrower, Krampus, and Khal Ankur. Consecrate Weapon is especially useful against the first two levels of Khal Ankur's spawn in particular.
Mind you, a lot of these bosses you don't want to do with a Sampire, lol.

Last edited:

JohnnyO

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why do people care if a person chooses to play solo? I think it's one of the best aspects of the game you can give it a go on your own or choose to team up with others to achieve your goals. To me it's the whole point of the game. It's up to the individual how they want to go about it.

Billy Butcher

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
I enjoy solo play and group play. I can do both with my tamers or sampires. I solo T-maps but also go along when friends need help with theirs. People think if you can solo it then it must be a faceroll, which it isn't. I didn't die much in deceit event which is a SOLO event with other people around who may or may not help you if things go bad. I made many runs from the bottom because others don't like to rez sometimes. But it was still fun solo or running with friends. Champ spawns are about the same but healer is closer. Roof I could solo but prefer to be less stressed and go with a group. I like having the solo option for most things. This is a rpg based game but multiplayer to me in the way there are many other people around. One should be able to have the option to go it alone and play a riskier game or have back up and relax. It's all about enjoyment for your time spent. How you want to spend it is up to you. If someone is mad that you solo, none of their concern. Worry about your own enjoyment and quit trying to take away from others because you can not enjoy your own time spent.......

skittles1337

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please post up details of your Sampire template and playstyle with specifics on what is broken. It seems rather clear you do not play the template.

The game does require alot more than one person to be successful. Sampires can't "solo everything" without any other help. SIMPLY NOT TRUE.

Simply not a true statement.

No - it hasn't. Over the last year with the pandemic, we have seen more growth in the community than in the 7 or 8 years that preceded it. Plenty of big guilds that do group events and offer a significant sense of community.

Further - not everyone should be forced into a play style where every single aspect of content should require a group to complete. If you want that style of content, consider creating an Elder Scrolls Online account.

You mean before you just decided to hate on every aspect of the game here on Stratics?

UWF on ATL does a hunt every single night except for Tuesdays. On Sundays, the hunt leader does an old school dungeon hunt. It averages anywhere from 8 to 20 attendees depending on the week. And that's just one example. The content is there if you know where to look for it.

And if the content is too easy for you - that's a content problem - not a template problem.

Again - has nothing to do with Sampires. Not sure how Nerfing sampires changes this.

So this isn't about Sampires. This is about certain people getting more EM drops than others.

Also - not too many Sampires at EM events... mostly Tamers, Throwers and Mystics... perhaps they deserve some nerfs?

Again, not sure how this relates to Sampires.

That's about the only actual game change example you've given. I don't agree with it, but that's just my opinion.

However, if you create a 'penalty' as you suggest, you'll just see more Sampire templates replace Chivalry with Anatomy. For traveling, they would use Runebooks with Recall charges. Your suggested nerf would have an easy way to get around it.

And worse yet - this would cause even LESS variation in skill setups and templates. Atleast now there is some variability in the skill setup and overall theory of the build, but this suggestion would make Sampire templates even more vanilla.

I see more Tamers acting Solo to do a majority of game content than ever before. The Taming Revamp and masteries gave Tamers a HUGE BOOST. Sampires did not receive anything close to the boost Tamers received with these changes.

The power creep in this game is gear related. This is something your precious Tamers benefit from as well.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Beyond the Chiv/Necro comment, you've provided no real data or otherwise usable examples of why Sampires should be nerfed and what in particular is too over powered. Mostly a ramble about community spirit, which as clearly documented on these forums for many years appears to be much more of a personal problem than an actual UO Community problem.

:facepalm:
I don't think I've ever sided with Malagaste, but you clearly don't have a clue about sampires. There isn't a boss in this game you can't kill with a solo sampire, at least I haven't come across one. Sampires don't need a nerf, the only thing that needs a nerf is life leech. Change how life leech works will easily fix the issue. Weapon life leech and vamp embrace shouldn't stack or cap the benefit to a maximum amount of life you can leech per swing to 20% of the players life. There is no reason why you should be able to gain 125 hp in one swing, you can't even heal for that through band aids or greater heal from a mage.

You don't see sampires at events because its laggy and people don't want to chase around a boss with 150 people moving around. Range is the smart and easy way, not because sampires are not viable for events.

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is also total bullcrap that a full plate maxed out defensive character with self healing (4 sec bandages, life leech, etc) are having to rely more and more on a tamers & their scrolled up pets with hundreds of hps to tank these new bosses & events with swarms of paragons. Been to the Void Pool, ever? Can't last very long without enough tamers to keep things going. So don't sit here pretending that the multiple tamer revamps & dozens of new pets are all just perfectly balanced either. I can name you tamers who sit there surrounded by Void Pool mobs on high levels without any assistance from someone else. I just sit there casting my RC and WoD trying to be useful and not die while wondering how the heck can they heal through all that and still cast a spell or two. Mind you, the ones I am talking about are really good players. But there are good players in all templates.

Nothing about this game makes sense anymore. In the old days, I remember my paladin (no sampires yet) being able to tank a dark father (boss) with some healing from others. Now if they came up with a new DF type boss, it would waste all the melees in a few seconds. But we would probably have a tamer or two holding up with his bandages while we all went to get rezzed. The only ones capable of killing the paragon executioners in Deceit event were... yeah a tamer. Seen one sit there soloing the damn thing. And they killed it.

No MMO have I ever played but this one has 150 hp max per character. Pvp lasts like 4 seconds. Idiotic. For fricks sake, in another classic mmo, I played a paladin with 11,000 hp & massive armor class against bosses who could triple you for 75% of health in a few seconds and I still was able to live to fight another day.

Coco_Zamis_DF

Lore Keeper
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We just advanced from the UO forum is a joke to "Samurai has to be nerfed".
Well just open a new thread if you have to say something about "Template XX has to be nerfed". I am sure if the dev will follow our advices, everything in UO will be nerfed. Are you happy with a nerfed UO? I am not.

Last edited:

Zorminius

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
There isn't a boss in this game you can't kill with a solo sampire, at least I haven't come across one.
Show me a video of you killing the Monstrous Interred Grizzle with a solo sampire. With the -60% SSI and the acid pools, good luck. But a Cu or Triton with a tamer running consume, no problem. So, who needs the nerf? Not a sampire or Life Leech. By nerfing Life Leech, you are nerfing a sampire.

I agree with the comment above, nothing needs a nerf; why do people get so wrapped up and jealous about what other people can do. Shut up and just play the game, let the legit players have their fun playing the game they want to play.

Last edited:

Zorminius

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
As a returning player that has always played a sampire since their creation, when I returned and saw what tamers could do after the revamp, I thought: if you can’t beat them, join them. I didn’t cry for a nerf, I created a tamer!

Now I play my tamer on content that my sampire can’t do, which equals more fun in game for me!!!

Time to move on....

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
@Merlin - Love the response! :flame: I agree with pretty much everything you said and couldn't have given a better reply to a player that has obviously been disgruntled and resentful for the past few years. She typically doesn't give actual facts as evidence and generally falls back on the lack of community; but comes off as the cranky old curmudgeon that people wouldn't want to be around anyway.... I think that the community is there if you want it (many guilds do group hunts).

I also think it's ironic that the same exact people that cry about the lack of UO community (and things shouldn't be solo'able) are usually the same exact ones that hate Fel and don't think it should get any attention "because those people ruin the game". If you really want to bring back that sense of community, go to Fel where you have a little more to worry about. For the past 2 Treasures of events I've gone to Fel (on ATL) and I've seen people I've never seen before play there and for the most part people help each other (whether it be rez or help kill a paragon). I see people being way more helpful in Fel than in Tram and it's not even close. Of course you will have reds BUT that's where the community really comes in; don't travel alone... if you are traveling with a friend or 2 you have the numbers to either fight back or get away.

Also, I never understood the people that moan and groan about PvM saying X template or skill needs nerfed. Everyone has the same ability to make whatever template they want. By me being able to solo Doom, how does that hurt your game play aside from I can play it longer because I don't need to rely on help? The problem is that you have the Karen's of the world that say "well I don't want to play that template, but I should get the same exact outcome". These are the same "everyone gets a trophy" people that think everyone should be rewarded because "it's fair". It's the same people that say "we need upgraded gear" because they think that will finally give them the upper hand, not realizing that the players that have been better than them will also get it and once again use it better...and then they cry for a template nerf because they asked for upgraded gear.

Dragkarah

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
It is also total bullcrap that a full plate maxed out defensive character with self healing (4 sec bandages, life leech, etc) are having to rely more and more on a tamers & their scrolled up pets with hundreds of hps to tank these new bosses & events with swarms of paragons. Been to the Void Pool, ever? Can't last very long without enough tamers to keep things going. So don't sit here pretending that the multiple tamer revamps & dozens of new pets are all just perfectly balanced either. I can name you tamers who sit there surrounded by Void Pool mobs on high levels without any assistance from someone else. I just sit there casting my RC and WoD trying to be useful and not die while wondering how the heck can they heal through all that and still cast a spell or two. Mind you, the ones I am talking about are really good players. But there are good players in all templates.

Nothing about this game makes sense anymore. In the old days, I remember my paladin (no sampires yet) being able to tank a dark father (boss) with some healing from others. Now if they came up with a new DF type boss, it would waste all the melees in a few seconds. But we would probably have a tamer or two holding up with his bandages while we all went to get rezzed. The only ones capable of killing the paragon executioners in Deceit event were... yeah a tamer. Seen one sit there soloing the damn thing. And they killed it.

No MMO have I ever played but this one has 150 hp max per character. Pvp lasts like 4 seconds. Idiotic. For fricks sake, in another classic mmo, I played a paladin with 11,000 hp & massive armor class against bosses who could triple you for 75% of health in a few seconds and I still was able to live to fight another day.
Do you even play this game? You seem to have no knowledge of mechanics

Dragkarah

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
I don't think I've ever sided with Malagaste, but you clearly don't have a clue about sampires. There isn't a boss in this game you can't kill with a solo sampire, at least I haven't come across one. Sampires don't need a nerf, the only thing that needs a nerf is life leech. Change how life leech works will easily fix the issue. Weapon life leech and vamp embrace shouldn't stack or cap the benefit to a maximum amount of life you can leech per swing to 20% of the players life. There is no reason why you should be able to gain 125 hp in one swing, you can't even heal for that through band aids or greater heal from a mage.

You don't see sampires at events because its laggy and people don't want to chase around a boss with 150 people moving around. Range is the smart and easy way, not because sampires are not viable for events.
Show me a video of anyone leaching 125 HP in one hit. You cant because it doesnt exist.

Show me a video of a sampire soloing the following. Corgul, Scalis, Underwater.

Show me a video of a sampire soloing the following, efficiently: Roof (including rooms), Lady Mel, Grizzle, high level paragons at the new dynamic events.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Show me a video of anyone leaching 125 HP in one hit. You cant because it doesnt exist.

Show me a video of a sampire soloing the following, efficiently: Roof (including rooms), Lady Mel, Grizzle, high level paragons at the new dynamic events.
I agree with most of this.. but Lady Mel? She has been soloed by Sampires for a while now .

Roof? The Rooms? No video but I mean those are not tough lol. Toughest one to solo honestly is fountain, and then only because of the low spawn rate of the canal pieces and timer.

Either way, no nerf needed imo. People should be able to solo higher end mobs in the game, and there should be some they are unable to solo.

Dragkarah

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
I agree with most of this.. but Lady Mel? She has been soloed by Sampires for a while now .

Roof? The Rooms? No video but I mean those are not tough lol. Toughest one to solo honestly is fountain, and then only because of the low spawn rate of the canal pieces and timer.

Either way, no nerf needed imo. People should be able to solo higher end mobs in the game, and there should be some they are unable to solo.
I agree the roof (including rooms) and Mel can be done on a sampire, but its not time efficient.

Thats a 9 minute video for Lady Mel. A stacked SDI tamer can do it in half that time.

With the shadowguard encounter, a tamer can also do it much much faster

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
The main character I play is a stacked sdi tamer (mage/sw) and the only reason I can tackle her in that time frame is due to WOD. If it were not for that the Sampire would seem to be quicker.

Shadowguard and time frame? I am not sure, I just let the pets do the work there, but I have just started trying to solo it with the newer changes (pet damage triggering spawn). Once I get used to the way things go I may start casting some in there.

I will say Sampires being able to stack slayers (wep and talisman) does seem to give them an edge.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I will say Sampires being able to stack slayers (wep and talisman) does seem to give them an edge.
I think it gives them an edge on certain things but SDI tamers have the edge on others... not to dive into the rabbit hole but archer/tamers are pretty powerful too (double slayer plus pet...if you can figure out how to get SW on that template that's probably the most powerful one in the game). I'd consider that to be kind of balanced in a certain sense. I do not think that every single template should be able to accomplish the same thing. I understand some people do think every template should be able to accomplish the same thing but to me that kind of defeats the purpose of having 5-7 character slots; if that were the case you would only need a crafter & 1 character.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Kylie (in game) is an archer/tamer and I am in the process of tweaking him. Have not messed with that temp or even played it at all since the Archery leech nerfs a long while back as they killed his viability. Am finding it pretty interesting so far.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
ill settle this, nerf both samps and tamers lol. just kidding but both are more powerful than most other templates. using multi chars is what can allows peeps to solo anything. any new player may not find anyone to play with due to low population/multi char use. they leave the game before really experiencing uo. so much to know too.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron

Bear Corpse was one of a kind. Truly one of the best to have played. My guess is that even amongst the experienced players, 98% of us couldn't come close to what he accomplished and posted through out the years. I am always in awe of his videos.

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord

what a complete joke

I have seen these posts about UOFORUMS every few months for the last several years.

Let's face it, collectively many of the community feel unheard, supported and ignore at UOFORUMS. You conveniently head over to Stratics where you feel heard, supported by group discussion, and acknowledge whether people agree with your opinion or not. You are free to interact within some commonsense boundaries.

Looks to me that a small volunteer team is making a difference for you. Thanks Stratics Staff!

Now the question.

How do you feel that you contribute, support the staff, and the community here on Stratics?

@jack flash uk
@Kylie Kinslayer
@ShriNayne
@Meat Elemental
@Pawain
@MalagAste
@Merlin
@Keven2002
@Lord Arm
@Elessar
@Zorminius
@Dragkarah
@Tjalle
@PlayerSkillFTW
@AirFluff
@JohnnyO
@Billy Butcher
@skittles1337
@Val-Tur
@Coco_Zamis_DF
@Mene (DF)

It's important to value the freedoms we have and support the effort that goes into maintaining them. Let's not take it for granted. Stratics as a community makes a difference.

*Gives you a wink and with a puff of his pipe swings the door shut to the tavern as he continues his travels. The distinct sweet smell of Termur Trefellow Tabac is left settling in the room and settles.*

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'm always helping here on Stratics both in answering players questions regarding things about the game, where to find things and such... as well as helping to alert Stratics staff in the wee hours of the night to issues on the Forums that need to be addressed...

I am also dedicated to helping players in Discord find the answers they seek...

I may be hard on the team but that's me... I guess I have expectations of things... like Christmas gifts... Bah Humbug to them for that... just another nail in the coffin far as I'm concerned. I do not believe she realizes the number of players who resub at this time of year just for the gifts... bet they don't do that again... ever. Her loss alone? Maybe not... might be a loss for everyone when they decided that the ship has sunk too far.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
How do you feel that you contribute, support the staff, and the community here on Stratics?

@Kylie Kinslayer
I have been giving a lot of thought to that since my return to the game honestly. Currently the main way I support it is by white listing the site and associated ads as well as directing people here in game in hopes of creating traffic...

beyond that, I have been seriously considering a return to volunteering but I am finding the game has sort of transitioned during my hiatus. It seems most in game seldom rely on much outside the game, including the 'official forums'. I mean it seems even the official forum does not generate enough traffic for a website to be profitable so then something like Stratics honestly becomes a labor of love... and not something done for profit... at that point it would seem to need my cash more so than a substantial investment of time...

or at least that is my current thought process.

Would love to know your thought process though.

skittles1337

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Have you ever done a spawn and you get a whirlwind off and instantly shoot from 10 hp to full life? The fact you questioning that shows you obviously have never played a decent samp or you stick to doing baby mobs.

Lord Nabin

Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
I'm always helping here on Stratics both in answering players questions regarding things about the game, where to find things and such... as well as helping to alert Stratics staff in the wee hours of the night to issues on the Forums that need to be addressed...

I am also dedicated to helping players in Discord find the answers they seek...

I may be hard on the team but that's me... I guess I have expectations of things... like Christmas gifts... Bah Humbug to them for that... just another nail in the coffin far as I'm concerned. I do not believe she realizes the number of players who resub at this time of year just for the gifts... bet they don't do that again... ever. Her loss alone? Maybe not... might be a loss for everyone when they decided that the ship has sunk too far.
*A book magically appears in your pack with an invitation from Lord Nabin to meet him at the Twin Moons Tavern and Stables in North Harbor for a glass of Good Old Moonglow Red*

Twwin Moons.png

Lord Nabin

Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
I have been giving a lot of thought to that since my return to the game honestly. Currently the main way I support it is by white listing the site and associated ads as well as directing people here in game in hopes of creating traffic...

beyond that, I have been seriously considering a return to volunteering but I am finding the game has sort of transitioned during my hiatus. It seems most in game seldom rely on much outside the game, including the 'official forums'. I mean it seems even the official forum does not generate enough traffic for a website to be profitable so then something like Stratics honestly becomes a labor of love... and not something done for profit... at that point it would seem to need my cash more so than a substantial investment of time...

or at least that is my current thought process.

Would love to know your thought process though.
*A book magically appears in your pack with an invitation from Lord Nabin to meet him at the Twin Moons Tavern and Stables in North Harbor for a glass of Good Old Moonglow Red*
Twwin Moons.png

Dragkarah

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
Have you ever done a spawn and you get a whirlwind off and instantly shoot from 10 hp to full life? The fact you questioning that shows you obviously have never played a decent samp or you stick to doing baby mobs.
Thats not one hit though... thats multiple hits, on multiple low level mobs.

I assure you I've done every aspect of this game at the highest levels on multiple templates...

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I have seen these posts about UOFORUMS every few months for the last several years.

Let's face it, collectively many of the community feel unheard, supported and ignore at UOFORUMS. You conveniently head over to Stratics where you feel heard, supported by group discussion, and acknowledge whether people agree with your opinion or not. You are free to interact within some commonsense boundaries.

Looks to me that a small volunteer team is making a difference for you. Thanks Stratics Staff!

Now the question.

@jack flash uk
@Kylie Kinslayer
@ShriNayne
@Meat Elemental
@Pawain
@MalagAste
@Merlin
@Keven2002
@Lord Arm
@Elessar
@Zorminius
@Dragkarah
@Tjalle
@PlayerSkillFTW
@AirFluff
@JohnnyO
@Billy Butcher
@skittles1337
@Val-Tur
@Coco_Zamis_DF
@Mene (DF)

It's important to value the freedoms we have and support the effort that goes into maintaining them. Let's not take it for granted. Stratics as a community makes a difference.

*Gives you a wink and with a puff of his pipe swings the door shut to the tavern as he continues his travels. The distinct sweet smell of Termur Trefellow Tabac is left settling in the room and settles.*
I'm going to assume you didn't forget me and that you already know how awesome I am.

Oh.... I see what you did there. *Slips back into the shadows*

Last edited:

Lord Nabin

Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
I'm going to assume you didn't forget me and that you already know how awesome I am.

Oh.... I see what you did there. *Slips back into the shadows*
Twwin Moons.png

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Twwin Moons.png
Sorry, I'm going to have to decline, you see. The pollen from the trees of Trammel, makes for difficult breathing.