• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com]

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I would like to have some official to step in with some clarification on this matter, because i think a lot of player use it to transfer pets/gear to other chars.
Seriously do you not read the posts?

This is a screen from the game Ultima Online when you open more than one client. Please read it. It says it is a FEATURE. Geez you are like :wall:

upload_2018-4-20_15-5-24.png

They dont support it because they dont want a bunch of questions from people whose computers cant run more than 1.

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seriously do you not read the posts?

This is a screen from the game Ultima Online when you open more than one client. Please read it. It says it is a FEATURE. Geez you are like :wall:

View attachment 80216

They dont support it because they dont want a bunch of questions from people whose computers cant run more than 1.
Tbh it seems like EA/BS has no idea what the difference is between multiboxing and multiclienting.
Multiclienting and multiboxing is the same thing.
Taken from wiki

Multiboxing refers to playing as multiple separate characters concurrently in an MMORPG. This can either be achieved by using multiple separate machines to run the game or by running multiple separate instances of the game. Multiboxing might be considered a form of cheating.[1] Multiboxing is considered to be difficult to do well without practice, as it involves adapting to problems in real-time.[2]

In this thread we got informed that EA/BS has banned XX player for multiboxing, witch is the same as multiclienting witch is legal, but its the same thing..lol
Furthermore some nice chap posted that multiclienting is legal according to messana. So my bet is that EA/BS definition of multiboxing is someone who uses cheats/scripts and multiclienting, witch actually boils down to someone who cheated/scripted.

jopromol

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tbh it seems like EA/BS has no idea what the difference is between multiboxing and multiclienting.
Taken from wiki

Multiboxing refers to playing as multiple separate characters concurrently in an MMORPG. This can either be achieved by using multiple separate machines to run the game or by running multiple separate instances of the game. Multiboxing might be considered a form of cheating.[1] Multiboxing is considered to be difficult to do well without practice, as it involves adapting to problems in real-time.[2]

In this thread we got informed that EA/BS has banned XX player for multiboxing, witch is the same as multiclienting witch is legal, but its the same thing..lol
Furthermore some nice chap posted that multiclienting is legal according to messana. So my bet is that EA/BS definition of multiboxing is someone who uses cheats/scripts and multiclienting, witch actually boils down to someone who cheated/scripted.
:bdh::troll:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ya I am sure others believe every definition that google provides. :tinhat: I also saw that page and it lumps it all under multiboxing. Even using the same IP is multiboxing according to them. So if 2 different people are playing the same game with their own accounts but using the same WiFi they are multiboxing.

Sometimes you have to inform yourself and use common sense. I log in two accounts every time I play. I could get a warning for others things I do, but it wont be for that.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
LOL these people who think they need more information on who got banned and why, you ever hear of privacy act laws!!! If they told who did what and why they would be breaking the law and in turn would allow those people to sue UO which would shut it down. Stop being crybabies, and be glad they are finally taking action against the cheaters. Be proactive to and go shard to shard and check the spots where these people farm illegally and page on them. I know one of the people who was banned for disruptive behavior, so its all true.
I do not understand why it is so important to them anyway. Im fine with banning accounts that run 5 throwers or archers off the same keystrokes. I really do not give an omelet about what their account name is. And even if they posted account name BigBUTTGaMbInO15 was banned last night, why would anyone care about the name?

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Taken from wiki

You really should learn to read your own posts and definitions. Multiboxing and Multiclienting are not the same thing as, per your own posted definition, multiboxing involves "playing as multiple separate characters concurrently".

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
LOL these people who think they need more information on who got banned and why, you ever hear of privacy act laws!!! If they told who did what and why they would be breaking the law and in turn would allow those people to sue UO which would shut it down. Stop being crybabies, and be glad they are finally taking action against the cheaters. Be proactive to and go shard to shard and check the spots where these people farm illegally and page on them. I know one of the people who was banned for disruptive behavior, so its all true.
I think most of their concern is that its just EJ accounts getting "banned" and not actual accounts of cheaters. Or worse that they are just making up random numbers and not actually banning cheaters. After years of obvious abuse of the ToS its not unfair to assume that the staff is just making up numbers to appease people and not actually banning the cheaters. I for one havent heard of anyone getting any sort of significant ban.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You really should learn to read your own posts and definitions. Multiboxing and Multiclienting are not the same thing as, per your own posted definition, multiboxing involves "playing as multiple separate characters concurrently".
WHA

You mean at the same time doesn't mean one toon banksitting and another fighting something.

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Taken from wiki

The derp that keeps on giving.

ill refer you to my above post and even quote it here for ya.

"For those that seem to be confused by the differences.

Multi Client - Not illegal - using more than one client at a time. Controlling them separately.
Multi Box - Illegal - Using Multiple computers, with one client on each computer all controlled by one mouse and keyboard. Often used with a "KVM switch"
Multi Bot - Illegal - Using one Computer but multiple clients all controlled via script/program.

i would say most people were using multi bot software not multi box. Multiboxing was popular when computers couldnt keep up with multiple programs running at once. Now a days people can run several programs on one computer with out bogging down their system."

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think most of their concern is that its just EJ accounts getting "banned" and not actual accounts of cheaters. Or worse that they are just making up random numbers and not actually banning cheaters. After years of obvious abuse of the ToS its not unfair to assume that the staff is just making up numbers to appease people and not actually banning the cheaters. I for one havent heard of anyone getting any sort of significant ban.
Unlikely that they would make the numbers up. People are not blind. If they ban hundreds of accounts and the cheaters are still everywhere then people are going to put 2 and 2 together. I don't see that being a risk that they would take.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Taken from wiki

The 100% correct definition of these topics is that which has been supplied by EA/BS. Period.

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Unlikely that they would make the numbers up. People are not blind. If they ban hundreds of accounts and the cheaters are still everywhere then people are going to put 2 and 2 together. I don't see that being a risk that they would take.

Its just funny to me that the staff that let open cheating go on for years is so suddenly gun ho on getting them caught.

On one hand they dont want to ban paid accounts and risk losing a sub. On the other they dont want to lose any subs because the cheating is to rampant.

Solvency? make up random numbers that they are banning. The actual hardcore cheaters are left alone and the anti-cheaters are happy they are finally doing something.
Politics 101 - Say anything you like that makes you look good as long as no one can prove it. (they control all the info and no one can say anything one way or the other)

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sorry I realize this topic is bordering on the line for Stratics ToS. Feel free to icq me at 609670565 to discuss anything of actual relevance.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually would not break any laws giving the character names, giving RL names on the other hand would.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Actually would not break any laws giving the character names, giving RL names on the other hand would.
Character names are not unique, you know that.

Oddly, all the banned character names contain the same 4 letters, PERV. :)

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Character names are not unique, you know that.

Oddly, all the banned character names contain the same 4 letters, PERV. :)
Did not say it would be worthwhile to publish the names, just not illegal ;) And if they contained PERV or ZOOG I can safely say it was not me.

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So is someone here on stratics going to own up to having a paid account banned? If they are actually banning paid accounts (which I’m dubious of) then surely one of you lot have received a ban. Go on ... take one for the team and confirm that paid accounts are being banned. You can even say you have a ‘friend’ who got banned ... we believe you ;)

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
So is someone here on stratics going to own up to having a paid account banned? If they are actually banning paid accounts (which I’m dubious of) then surely one of you lot have received a ban. Go on ... take one for the team and confirm that paid accounts are being banned. You can even say you have a ‘friend’ who got banned ... we believe you ;)
Read post #50 of this thread as it applies to your post but let's face it... i'm sure you'll want more conviction than "I know one of the people" or even "a friend" got banned as you implied :rolleyes:

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Read post #50 of this thread as it applies to your post but let's face it... i'm sure you'll want more conviction than "I know one of the people" or even "a friend" got banned as you implied :rolleyes:
I could easily give more proof on the matter but surely it would violate stratics ToS.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Did not say it would be worthwhile to publish the names, just not illegal ;) And if they contained PERV or ZOOG I can safely say it was not me.
I can safely say it wasn't me either. if a PERV was banned, it was whoever got your accounts.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Since it does not look like those numbers get published automatically but rather involve some human adding them to an UO.com post, I'm really curious how long we will see it. Let's see if they still remember to add them like April next year.

DSC Napa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I have been banned before....and yet, here I am.