• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] We Invite You to a Special Live Stream Event!

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
dumb comment. I cancelled my account and uninstalled after they erased UO's history with the mass idocs a month ago. I still have time before my house falls along with 99% of all my uo possessions. If the "big news" isn't something that would bring me back, then my house falls along with any reason to ever come back.
West Yew Univ fell and you decided to quit... and also post about it here on stratics... seems a bit dramatic to me. The handful of times I quit, I basically just stopped logging in (and posting) and moved on. Your "quitting" does kind of feel like the unfollow/follow back/unfollow of an ex to let them know you did unfollow them as if it's going to hurt their feelings more. I do think it's a bit ironic you are quitting over basically the IDOCs (removing history), yet you are going to allow the same thing to happen to your possessions; why not give them away to your friends or museums? Control what you can.

I will say this, I'd suggest at least putting your high end items like soul stones and vet rewards in your bank just in case. Who knows if you will get the itch again in a distant future. You don't think you will now but I'm sure in a few years when you are bored; UO might pop up in your mind and when you check it out there will finally be some new content (at least enough to keep you occupied for a few months). Make it easier on yourself rather than having to work your way back from scratch (because you will :) )

Lord Ron Fellows

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
dumb comment. I cancelled my account and uninstalled after they erased UO's history with the mass idocs a month ago. I still have time before my house falls along with 99% of all my uo possessions. If the "big news" isn't something that would bring me back, then my house falls along with any reason to ever come back.
emo.PNG

croy6325

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
West Yew Univ fell and you decided to quit... and also post about it here on stratics... seems a bit dramatic to me. The handful of times I quit, I basically just stopped logging in (and posting) and moved on. Your "quitting" does kind of feel like the unfollow/follow back/unfollow of an ex to let them know you did unfollow them as if it's going to hurt their feelings more. I do think it's a bit ironic you are quitting over basically the IDOCs (removing history), yet you are going to allow the same thing to happen to your possessions; why not give them away to your friends or museums? Control what you can.

I will say this, I'd suggest at least putting your high end items like soul stones and vet rewards in your bank just in case. Who knows if you will get the itch again in a distant future. You don't think you will now but I'm sure in a few years when you are bored; UO might pop up in your mind and when you check it out there will finally be some new content (at least enough to keep you occupied for a few months). Make it easier on yourself rather than having to work your way back from scratch (because you will :) )
your probably right. i've quit a couple times in the past just because i got real bored with the game, this is the 1st time i quit out of emotion. i'm hoping the "big news" is something that would keep me around..... if idocs happen 90 days after account cancelation, then i've still got a cpl months to quit pouting. i do miss the pixel crack.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
your probably right. i've quit a couple times in the past just because i got real bored with the game, this is the 1st time i quit out of emotion. i'm hoping the "big news" is something that would keep me around..... if idocs happen 90 days after account cancelation, then i've still got a cpl months to quit pouting. i do miss the pixel crack.
Hopefully ya come around before the house falls. I'm assuming there will be a Treasures of event for Halloween which would be a good time to renew your account (even if only for 30 days).

JohnnyO

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I still think it's an EA Play/Steam thing. I'm hoping there's a bit more to go along with it though.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I hope not. EA Play subscribers, even with just the basic version, could get a free sub to this game and it still wouldn't bring in players. There's just too many issues with the game.

croy6325

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
i def agree with Ender, EA Play would do nothing to attract new players, Steam has been kind of expected, but Mesanna said thats not it. Mobile is the only other thing i can think of that could "bring the largest audience ever", similar to what has happened for runescape; though i can't see mobile being good for anything other than doing stuff to/at your house since UO is far too complicated for any type of mobile port that would be lacking any of the hotkeys or macros that we rely on.

JohnnyO

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't disagree, I'm not sure it would be a good thing or not, I just think that's what it will be. Like I said though I would hope there would be more to it than just that.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
At one time I would have been jumping at the possibility of a pre-Tram shard but now all I can hope for is what has already been said ... Bonnie rolls over, quits and UO gets a producer that gives a damn.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I am thinking EA Play
and it being able to play on Playstation, Xbox, and Wii

I know you can plug in a keyboard with them.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
If it is EA Play/Steam they might give 30 day free trials to everyone on there and then BOOM there is your largest crowd ever. Nothing was ever said that it would continue to be the largest crowd ever! It will be like April/May when everyone re-subb'ed during the pandemic to give things a shot in the arm, only to go right back to the core base of players by August (after no new content to play).

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah curiosity might bring in a few, but it won't keep them, not with the lack of new stuff, and when new stuff is released it's bugged, old bugs still here, etc etc.

But hey, we have this new potion that works sometimes on some things...:cheerleader:

Johnny Black

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
I dont think they can handle to add Steam, How do you expect to add a new service when they cant even handle their own account management service?

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Yes there is a lot of negativity but I think it's because history has shown that we usually get disappointment, so people are just being realistic and toning down expectations, it's been months and some folks just got sick of waiting and don't really care any more. I'm going to watch it for the entertainment value, I don't expect to be saying WOW! (not in a good way) or being astonished.

Maybe it's a new translation service so all players can effectively communicate.

Along with basement upgrade packs that will provide more storage, enabling you to fulfill your dreams of item acquisition for endless decoration possibilities.

Hopefully the basements are instances, to really give you that authentic hermit experience.

JohnnyO

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Do you all get points for being so negative? Jeez...
It's probably the lengthy delay in the announcement it's just been so long since they first brought it up. It's a lot of time to speculate on what the "major announcement" could be. At this point I think people are just kind of expecting it to be anticlimactic. Either way I'm still excited and will be watching tomorrow :thumbsup:

Last edited:

croy6325

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
negativity aside, they intentionally hyped up this big announcement and then delayed it. lets hope the news is legit hypeworthy

Cymidei

UO Pacific News Reporter
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
They will announce more exciting items for the in-game store! I am hoping for an I survived 2020, flaming dumpster deed...it should come in rare colors because I want to see all the rares collectors on Atlantic showing off wall to wall flaming dumpsters.

Last edited:

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Well...I know at least one of the team has been reading this thread...you know who you are! ;)

Personally...I didn't want to put my ideas *on paper* as it were because I don't like to jinx things! BUT....

My personal wishes would be:

Upgrades to housing....basements? Being able to place on currently unplaceable areas, being able to REALLY customize a castle-sized plot.

A vendor market or fair accessible by all shards....like Luna....but just ONE Luna where we can all go to buy and sell stuff. (Yes that would take the transfer token income away from them so I know that won't happen but it's a WISH! LOL)

Another expansion...maybe the team has been working on this for the past few years and it would be really good and well thought out. A new race?

These are things that the CURRENT playerbase might want....but they want to bring in NEW players......SO....thinking from that direction...even though I seem to remember Bonnie saying a resounding NO to Steam.....it might be something like that....UO on a platform easily accessed by millions?

A way to purchase SOME store items with in game gold...good gold sink and might be a good incentive for new players.

Whatever it is....

T-Minus 3 hours.....

Xare

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I'm a bit bad at math, but isn't it at 1pm eastern time, so that's 4 hours?

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I'm a bit bad at math, but isn't it at 1pm eastern time, so that's 4 hours?
I'm going by what it says on the YouTube Channel.....so who knows lol

1600954591471.png

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Last minute predictions:

Either they’re putting UO back in real life stores like years ago, or adding it to EAPlay (since Mesanna said not Steam).

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Now that I think about it.

Queen Mum Cookie Factory Quest - Eating the cookie at the end of the quest provides you a variety of random benefits lol

Seriously folks it could happen! @Queen Mum

Woot 10am pacific time.