• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] We Invite You to a Special Live Stream Event!

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
9/18/2020 Greetings, To celebrate the 23rd Anniversary of Ultima Online and make an exciting announcement we would like to invite everyone to a special live stream event on September 24, 2020 at 1pm ET. We will provide a link on the day of the livestream and will archive the stream for later viewing. We hope to see you there! See you in Britannia, UO Team

Continue reading...

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
LOL. I can see it now, people try to connect to see/hear it and it won't feed. Gonna be funny

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What do I need to view this. Sorry, I'm not an inside worker that does that kinda stuff. Computers are for games IMO.

Ya, better be big if they are doing an announcement!

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Keeping the expectations in check and looking forward to the broadcast!

*Shakes the dust off his cloak, grabs his gnarled old staff and heads out the tavern door*

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Well she said 'an exciting announcement', whether or not it's 'good' might be a matter of opinion, but at least we will finally be out of the state of permanent suspense we've had since way back before the lockdown and all that crazy stuff...I still think it's Steam though!

Prime.

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My guess would be either UO finally getting added to Steam (imo not that game changing) or a classic server.

Not sure what else would excite the fan base to the extent they're pushing this announcement will.

a wizard

Journeyman
Richard garriot and starr long will rejoin uo.
What purpose would that serve, and what about Raph and the other devs? Why would Garriott and Long re-join a project owned by a company they don't respect, when they already have their own company and a game to continue developing?

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If it isnt a new expansion then it doesnt matter. We need lots of new permanent content!!

Archangel0

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If it isnt a new expansion then it doesnt matter. We need lots of new permanent content!!
Please Heavens, anything but that! The guy has a "reverse Midas touch". Anything he touches turns to crap.... Maybe a curse for his hyper-inflated ego and blatant money-grab con-man style. :lie:

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I think Richard Garriott had one great idea and UO was it, he can never do anything that good again.
Odd there is no thread about this big special event on the other forum.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I'm wondering if it's more something like the Mythic/Broadsword split. I have nothing to back this except the magnitude that they are implying this announcement to be and the fact that Denton has clearly never wanted anything to do with UO.

There are changes coming to Origin so it could be related to that.

Still hoping for shared landmass across shards though.

a wizard

Journeyman
They finally hired one of the basement kids that runs a successful freeshard to come make them a classic T2A server...
That wouldn't be too great of an idea because the successful freeshard concepts and ideas come from a team of people who actually talk to people, and 9 times out of 10 almost every member of those teams are corrupt(able).
If they every did anything with that side of UO, it should be to look into some of the people who have developed high quality clients such as the Orion client. There is actually a lot of talent on the development side of freeservers, look at what some of them have done with literally no real UO Dev support, from scratch.

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Imo the mainlands of UO should be one big instance. One for NA, one for europe and one for asia, and use the moongate to go to different shard instances for the housing exemple

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think it's going to be an announcement about Steam. Looks like the Dark Age of Camelot development team (also part of Broadsword, like the UO team is) is also working on it, as per the last Q&A on this "grab bag" page from July 3, 2020: Dark Age of Camelot

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think it's going to be an announcement about Steam. Looks like the Dark Age of Camelot development team (also part of Broadsword, like the UO team is) is also working on it, as per the last Q&A on this "grab bag" page from July 3, 2020: Dark Age of Camelot
There's no reason that couldn't have been announced back in March

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
I'm going with. We opened up castle and keep placements in Malas and Edon.......two weeks ago. Go get one!!

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Well, EA is on xbox with the new gaming setup. EA play, 10 free hours of new games, and access to older games useabke on pc, phone or xbox.

Imagine xbox players on uo. ATL general chat is about to get all sorts of "your mom" jokes.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The "exciting announcement" is the reveal live on stream that they have managed to string you all along for another year while doing nothing on their end and that you have now paid for all their family vacations.
They're going to expand into the Eastern market as they have found they will actually buy ANYTHING as long as it's sold in a cash shop.
Congrats and here is a free pixel crack that took an intern a few minutes to knock up.
See you all next year!!

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That new tool that just got rolled out? What do you want to bet it's for making special events just for EA Play members?

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If the big announcement is that UO is going to be included in EA Play and can be accessed through various platforms (e.g., Steam), two big questions I will have are:

(1) how many EA Play accounts will we need and have to pay for if we have more than one UO account? Will EA Play accounts be tied to Origin accounts / email addresses? If yes, will we need to pay for multiple EA Play accounts if we want to participate in it on more than one UO account?

(2) Will we need to use a new UO client if we sign up for EA Play/UO on the Steam platform?

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Pub 16 Shard. No way in hell that EA could see the success of WoW Classic, and not drool knowing they possess a legendary IP with even more nostalgia.

croy6325

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
already uninstalled the game, i'm just waiting to be let down by the "big news" to remove the forums from my hotbar. i'm guessing its steam or ea play, both of which fall way short of big news.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
already uninstalled the game, i'm just waiting to be let down by the "big news" to remove the forums from my hotbar. i'm guessing its steam or ea play, both of which fall way short of big news.
You cannot delete UO Stratics forums.
You need to keep checking it periodically on the off chance that there's a post about how Mesanna has finally given up pretending she knows what she is doing and quit.
UO under new management is the only reason i have not deleted my account ;)
.....i can dream :banana:

The Doctor

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
You cannot delete UO Stratics forums.
You need to keep checking it periodically on the off chance that there's a post about how Mesanna has finally given up pretending she knows what she is doing and quit.
UO under new management is the only reason i have not deleted my account ;)
.....i can dream :banana:
What a 3 hour quest chain with a over-sized virtue rune as a reward doesn't have you chomping at the bit to return. Well how about a 5 hour quest to get a new doorknob. Perhaps a grind for a new title will get the itch going. I know I know how about some fancy new color armor with bad stats for you to collect. What about a 10 hour quest to be able to use certain custom house builds. How can we improve Ultima (Deco) Online for you.......

croy6325

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
Do you also check your ex’s Facebook page? Lol seems pretty dramatic to me.
dumb comment. I cancelled my account and uninstalled after they erased UO's history with the mass idocs a month ago. I still have time before my house falls along with 99% of all my uo possessions. If the "big news" isn't something that would bring me back, then my house falls along with any reason to ever come back.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What a 3 hour quest chain with a over-sized virtue rune as a reward doesn't have you chomping at the bit to return. Well how about a 5 hour quest to get a new doorknob. Perhaps a grind for a new title will get the itch going. I know I know how about some fancy new color armor with bad stats for you to collect. What about a 10 hour quest to be able to use certain custom house builds. How can we improve Ultima (Deco) Online for you.......

And this is exactly what UO is nowdays. Grind Grind and deco.