• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Want a Sneak Peek at New Rewards? Follow @UOHerald on Instagram!

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
3/27/2019 Want to get an early look at the latest rewards coming to Rising Tide? Follow @UOHerald on Instagram! In addition to an early peek at new rewards and upcoming art additions, we’ll be sharing all manner of content related to Ultima Online! Don’t miss out, follow today!

Continue reading...

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dont go to 3rd or 4th party sites.

Never mind the fact I dont believe in STD sites like that.

How about posting them here!? o.0

Just an idea.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I also do not know why this is posted on Stratics befor it even hit the OFFICIAL UO Forum. I understand how it gets here but common people UO Forum should get it first don't you think.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
:facepalm:

Wow. Uhm. People, you need to stop being luddites. This is 2019. Social media pervades every corner of our culture and at least BS is trying to get UO a bit more exposure...outside the current echo chambers! Why not stop pancakes for 10 seconds and support the game you all claim to love. FFS.

You don't even have to download an app or sign up for IG (unless you want to comment), you can simply view the posts here: Ultima Online (@uoherald) • Instagram photos and videos

I now return you to your regularly scheduled bridge lurking. :lick:

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

Wow. Uhm. People, you need to stop being luddites. This is 2019. Social media pervades every corner of our culture and at least BS is trying to get UO a bit more exposure...outside the current echo chambers! Why not stop pancakes for 10 seconds and support the game you all claim to love. FFS.

You don't even have to download an app or sign up for IG (unless you want to comment), you can simply view the posts here: Ultima Online (@uoherald) • Instagram photos and videos

1. too much drama. Can't tell ya how many folks I know quit one of them things because of s**t on it.
2. crappy security of any personal data. How many times has Facebook allowed passwords out? Or Instagram or Twitter.
3. I'm 71 years old, retired and do not have to do anything I don't wish to.
4. I do not wish to hear the whingers and syncophants sucking up to the very person/people we have such fun bashing right here.

Regarding #2 ... I worked computers in various roles for over 40 years. I know good security from bad. Let's just say that none of these platforms has good security.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
1. too much drama. Can't tell ya how many folks I know quit one of them things because of s**t on it.
2. crappy security of any personal data. How many times has Facebook allowed passwords out? Or Instagram or Twitter.
3. I'm 71 years old, retired and do not have to do anything I don't wish to.
4. I do not wish to hear the whingers and syncophants sucking up to the very person/people we have such fun bashing right here.

Regarding #2 ... I worked computers in various roles for over 40 years. I know good security from bad. Let's just say that none of these platforms has good security.
Don't create an account/log in. Just go and view the purdy pictures and ignore the comment sidebar.

Yeah, it's one more place to go, but at least UO might get some new eyeballs because of it.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
In seriousness, I am not into Instagram or Twitter or Facebook, but plenty of people are, and UO has long needed to advertise. Social media is a very economical way to do that. While I hope they are exaggerating the exclusivity of following the Instagram account, the account itself is a good thing.

And I'm no cheerleader by any means. I wouldn't be surprised if my Stratics avatar was pasted to a dartboard somewhere in Herndon, VA.

Last edited:

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Social Media is the way to go now....it's way past time for UO to do it. I manage a band and have to update all social media sites constantly...it's how people do things now. Everything is done by phone...even though I HATE doing anything on a phone other then..well...talk :/ lol, nowadays EVERYTHING is done on some sort of hand held device and social media is the best and fastest way to get news.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Nothing wrong with posting things to Instagram. Whatever is posted there should be available on UO.com first an foremost. We have players who knowingly avoid social media for very good reasons. And we have a ton of players who avoid that newfangled EC because the macros work different and the colors are shiny. Trying to get them to use a third party site will not work. And that is UO's loss, not the players'.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There is nothing new there. My son would freak if I made an account.

Someone post any new pics from there Please.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
I also do not know why this is posted on Stratics befor it even hit the OFFICIAL UO Forum. I understand how it gets here but common people UO Forum should get it first don't you think.
Well Frodo look at it positively: They LOOK in on our posts and OUR posting website!!!

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
There is nothing new there. My son would freak if I made an account.

Someone post any new pics from there Please.
Nothing new...you'd think they'd put something on there BEFORE they advertised....

Instra.png

Well....at least something that we haven't seen yet...

At least it's something!

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
But it should not be the first place we should have to go to get info for our game and didn't UO use to have another social media account like facebook or something like that. That sure lasted a long time. UO.COM should be the first place for UO info and UO Forums should get it first then Stratics then who ever they want but we should not be forced to go anywhere but UO or here first.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Isn't instagram considered a 3rd party site? I wounder why DAoC cant't use 3rd party sites but UO can.
These official boards are administered by Broadsword Online Games Inc© for the discussion of the game Dark Age of Camelot (DAOC).
  1. With the introduction of these official boards, Broadsword staff will no longer be responding to posts or private messages on 3rd party forums or websites for Dark Age of Camelot and will instead focus their community efforts here and on the official Discord server.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
But it should not be the first place we should have to go to get info for our game and didn't UO use to have another social media account like facebook or something like that. That sure lasted a long time. UO.COM should be the first place for UO info and UO Forums should get it first then Stratics then who ever they want but we should not be forced to go anywhere but UO or here first.
It's not the first place we have to go..it's always posted to uo.com first

And the facebook page is still there..and updated

facegook.png

It's a daunting task to keep all of the accounts updated....but they do. Now all they need is to get more videos up on youtube!

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's not the first place we have to go..it's always posted to uo.com first

And the facebook page is still there..and updated

View attachment 96222

It's a daunting task to keep all of the accounts updated....but they do. Now all they need is to get more videos up on youtube!
No it will not be there first it will be instagram EARLY PEEK.
Want to get an early look at the latest rewards coming to Rising Tide?

Follow @UOHerald on Instagram!

In addition to an early peek at new rewards and upcoming art additions, we’ll be sharing all manner of content related to Ultima Online!

Don’t miss out, follow today!

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Exactly that was click bait.

Someone is sure angry they use Social Media. Or at least try.
I am not mad that they use anything to get the word out, I am mad about their priority of who gets it first. Why should Instagram be #1 when for a fact you have to be a paying customer on UO Forum (#1) and as Stratics use to be the offical forum for a long time then they should be #2 with the RSS feed and everybody should be #3.

I don't have the old facebook link anymore but does anyone post there anymore?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I don't do any of that crap... I do use Discord... and if DAoC gets an official Discord server why in the heck doesn't UO??????

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I don't use any of those sites either, I have a Facebook account but only so I can read certain pages that were only available there. I'm not in my 70's, I'm still in my 40's, so no it's not just older people that avoid them. The player-base here has a LOT of older people though in their 60's and 70's, I don't object to info being put there but I do agree that we should be able to see it on the official site first, then here, as Stratics has been a long-time supporter of UO. To advertise something that doesn't even exist yet is pretty typical lately, kitchen set anyone??

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I am not mad that they use anything to get the word out, I am mad about their priority of who gets it first. Why should Instagram be #1 when for a fact you have to be a paying customer on UO Forum (#1) and as Stratics use to be the offical forum for a long time then they should be #2 with the RSS feed and everybody should be #3.

I don't have the old facebook link anymore but does anyone post there anymore?
Are you new? Newsletters, M&G transcripts, etc. all as hidden as possible if it wasn't for the community to make them visible.

I pay you 10 mil UO gold if the IG page is still active in a year. :cool:

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Anyone got a working link without having to search half an hour?

IG frontpage only wants me to register but has no search. Announcement on UO.com has no link either and google search didn't bring it up either *cough*

E: Nevermind, did some street smartness and figured it all by myself :)

Ultima Online (@uoherald) • Instagram photos and videos

True rocket science to put a working link on UO.com...

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Thanks @petemage I searched too but finally gave up after a lot of pages about Urban Outfitters...:oops:

Not sure why they bothered though...nothing to see here!

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not sure why they bothered though...nothing to see here!
Maybe one of those requirements from higher up the chain. A lot of those efforts feel like someone forced them to do something. Remember that UO advert for halloween? :D Who knows..

Effort

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
It's a logical thing for a business to work on expanding their social presence and reach. We need new subscribers? Well we get that from new blood, and that new blood can be found on IG. I do social media marketing for a national skincare brand, and it drives a very healthy level of engagement, and that will translate fairly well for gaming. If they really are serious about improve subscription numbers they should contract with someone who's company has driven millions of dollars in revenues to similiar free to play game communities. Now that it's free to play, they're missing out on so much monthly traffic. I would be happy to consult.

And be real before you complain, someone will rip the info and post it here for you anyway.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Now that it's free to play, they're missing out on so much monthly traffic. I would be happy to consult.
You only have to understand there are different standpoints within the management of UO. You can see from the advertising material they produce. It all says "Free to play" while the Producer herself when talking to the playerbase goes a long way to assure it's just an extended trial and not F2P in the classic sense. Go figure.

I believe someone within Broadsword or EA had the same thinking as you and figured it would just be a logical step to go F2P. The development team around the producer however gimped every aspect of EJ to keep the status quo for those accounts monthly paid. There was also a lot of scaremongering spread to get the devs to make EJ as unattrative as possible. Plus there is actually close to zero items in the store an F2P player would want to buy. It's all setup to not be F2P but make them subscribe.

The producer never wanted it to be a success.

Delores D

Journeyman
I will wait until they come out to see the things. My hubby got a facebook account to help his brother see what was wrong with his. He then gets a notice from facebook , here are some people you may know. He knew none of them. The next day here are more people you may know lists of about 25-50 people. He hardly gets on any more. I said heck with that stuff. No facebook, no twitter, no what ever else is out there.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
if they want to put stuff on instagram, fine but it also needs to go on uo.com at the same time. why would a bussiness put new things out on some other site but not their own site at the same time. maybe they will, we will see.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I will wait until they come out to see the things. My hubby got a facebook account to help his brother see what was wrong with his. He then gets a notice from facebook , here are some people you may know. He knew none of them. The next day here are more people you may know lists of about 25-50 people. He hardly gets on any more. I said heck with that stuff. No facebook, no twitter, no what ever else is out there.
That's what creeped me out in facebook - it went through my address book and they send messages to whoever it could find - saying "hey - there is railshot. Wanna talk to him?" I have the same email address for close to 20 years. There are plenty of people from my past that I have no interest in re-establishing contact.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
if they're so legit, when is the kitchen set coming out? I think that is an April Fool joke ATM

Publish notes for Publish 104 (excerpt) - right from UO.com itself as a store item:

Decorative Kitchen Set – Enjoy this beautiful kitchen set to spruce up your cooking space!
  • Included Items
    • China Cabinet
    • Pie Safe
    • Butcher Block
    • Wash Basin
    • Countertops
    • Wood Stove
  • Use a variety of dyetubs, dyes, and pigments to customize the color of your kitchen set!
  • The wash basin works as a water container!
  • The wood stove functions as a source of fire for cooking and alchemy!
So where's my kitchen set? The vet stuff is all done ... the white and black soulstones are in the store. Where's this thing you said was in the publish?

Last edited:

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
"Want a sneak peek at the new rewards?" If, and ONLY if they are planning on including some USEFUL "rewards". In my opinion, the LAST thing I need is more cannons, or ANOTHER fraking title. How about some armor, jewelry, weapons, a pet *cough,cough*. You know, USEFUL stuff! @Kyronix @Bleak

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Patience grasshoppers!

The Triton will be out later. As Kyronix has said, new rewards every month. (April's rewards have been announced)

The kitchen set will be out Soon™ (Mesanna said it'd be out in April, though not on which day :confused:)

Gem

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
We're playing a 20 year old game...of course we're Luddites :)

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

Patience grasshoppers!

The Triton will be out later. As Kyronix has said, new rewards every month. (April's rewards have been announced)

The kitchen set will be out Soon™ (Mesanna said it'd be out in April, though not on which day :confused:)
Nor which year. <sigh> Don't announce something for a specific timeframe *Mar 19 publish worldwide) then not produce. It's really not a good thing to do.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

Thanks for the link - I just hit follow