• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] UO Forum Access

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings everyone, I wanted to let you guys know we are aware of the issues with logging into the UO forums. The temporary work around is to use Firefox. Now that the EA Store is functioning and you are able to buy codes again we will dedicate our efforts to fixing the forums. Thank you! UO Team

Continue reading...

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron

The forums used to let me log on for a moment, but would disconnect me from being able to post or interact with anything.

Now I can't even get that far, and instead see this when attempting to sign in:
1681619505411.png

Is there really still no fix on this?

Malee

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Same here and I only ever use Firefox.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Forums have been down for a while and you can not see your Sovereigns.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Accounts is down, and as the forum needs to authenticate that you have an active account, it can't while that's in accessible.
Someone posted this in one of the discords I have access to
1681641761672.png

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I also have this issue with the official site (FireFox) as of this morning (won't accept credentials). Seems weird that it happened over the weekend when I assume they aren't doing anything to the site.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
EA owns Account Management no BS/DAoC/UO. So much for trying to throw UO under the bus. I have always been able to log onto UO Forum using Chrome so I do not know what the problem is.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
EA owns Account Management no BS/DAoC/UO. So much for trying to throw UO under the bus. I have always been able to log onto UO Forum using Chrome so I do not know what the problem is.
The bottom line is any member of the team can call the help desk anytime to get things fixed unless a narcissistic leader is the only one..quit defending people not doing thier job

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The bottom line is any member of the team can call the help desk anytime to get things fixed unless a narcissistic leader is the only one..quit defending people not doing thier job
Have you tried to open the store in the game, no you haven't because it is completely down now so somebody is working on it. And how do you know somebody didn't call EA already. OH that's right they just snap their fingers and poof it works in an instant.
Accounts is down, and as the forum needs to authenticate that you have an active account, it can't while that's in accessible.
Someone posted this in one of the discords I have access to
View attachment 142695
So it looks like somebody is working on that too but I guess that isn't fast enough for you also. This **** all went down on a Sat. night and you expect them to have people just sitting there wait for this **** to happen I guess.

R00

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Have you tried to open the store in the game, no you haven't because it is completely down now so somebody is working on it. And how do you know somebody didn't call EA already. OH that's right they just snap their fingers and poof it works in an instant.
So it looks like somebody is working on that too but I guess that isn't fast enough for you also. This **** all went down on a Sat. night and you expect them to have people just sitting there wait for this **** to happen I guess.
Why so mad?

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I was going to wait till Monday before calling/emailing support @Lord Frodo regarding the EA site myself, knew that it be better to do that on a weekday and not a weekend. Hope they clear that up ASAP.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nice having the hole forums to myself.
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That's what I should do with all the gift boxes I am saving for who knows what reason.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
ya I thought that but I’m sure the game will end before they update the clean up Brit system
And I already have 10 mil in points and can get another few easily enough with other junk I have lol
I went from 4 castles to 3 castles by basically throwing the whole castle in the trash. That was years ago and I am still using the points and still have a bag full of bless deeds LOL

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
funny you say that before open 6500 2022 tokens I trashed over 7800 items last week so I could close 2 accounts

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
It's been three months since we received this notice.

Is there really no fix for this yet? Why/How? A status update would be appreciated.

@Kyronix

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's been three months since we received this notice.

Is there really no fix for this yet? Why/How? A status update would be appreciated.

@Kyronix
And what exactly is your problem? What are they suppose to update if nobody is having problems with the forums. I am logged into UO Forum with Chrome and have zero problems.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
UO forums are garbage anyway. The only really useful thing is to see if Kryonix has said anything. If not, there isn't much worth reading.

Sadly, you're right that the UO Forums are almost entirely trolls and nay-sayers at this point. It devolved extremely quickly once these access issues began and it seems most any of the more knowledgeable posters have fled.

That's a helpful link.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I asked Kyronix for an update. This was his response.

1685735316841.png

I'm glad he at least responded that there is no timetable...but wow that's crazy that it's been 3 months and they still don't have a resolve.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I asked Kyronix for an update. This was his response.

View attachment 144013

I'm glad he at least responded that there is no timetable...but wow that's crazy that it's been 3 months and they still don't have a resolve.
I noticed you posted the question about this - I greatly appreciate refreshing this, tagging the devs - and actually getting a response.

Disappointing that there seems to be no time table after this long, but at this point, it might not even matter much. A few months ago, I was disappointed when I felt I couldn't add to some useful discussions that were on-going, but at the current moment, there does not seem to be any topics of consequence worth adding to. I am sure there is more than one reason for this deterioration of those forums, but this whole issue where entire swaths of the community who use certain browsers can't participate there surely can't be helping matters.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I noticed you posted the question about this - I greatly appreciate refreshing this, tagging the devs - and actually getting a response.

Disappointing that there seems to be no time table after this long, but at this point, it might not even matter much. A few months ago, I was disappointed when I felt I couldn't add to some useful discussions that were on-going, but at the current moment, there does not seem to be any topics of consequence worth adding to. I am sure there is more than one reason for this deterioration of those forums, but this whole issue where entire swaths of the community who use certain browsers can't participate there surely can't be helping matters.
Ask the people who run the Forum? GitHub - vanilla/vanilla: Vanilla is a powerfully simple discussion forum you can easily customize to make as unique as your community. See if you can log into Vanilla there.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And what exactly is your problem? What are they suppose to update if nobody is having problems with the forums. I am logged into UO Forum with Chrome and have zero problems.
Sorry but I call BS on this. I still can't stay logged in on Chrome, the ONLY thing that works is Firefox which I hate, but Chrome is still the same issue, so I"m really curious why yours works and mine and almost everyone elses, doesn't ?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I"m really curious why yours works and mine and almost everyone elses, doesn't
That is why they can not just fix it. But, you have it backwards, it works on most peoples chrome. Works on 4 PCs of mine. Only my phone takes a couple of log in tries. Silk never had a problem.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
That is why they can not just fix it. But, you have it backwards, it works on most peoples chrome. Works on 4 PCs of mine. Only my phone takes a couple of log in tries. Silk never had a problem.
Once again you talk factually when you have no proof. How do you know what browser everyone is using and how many people it works for?

Kyronix has admitted that it's a known issue that they haven't been able to fix. This coupled with the more people on stratics saying they have a problem than not (from what I've seen) proves that you are wrong. Why do you feel the need to make up stories and try to portray them as facts?

*Note this is usually where you deflect to something else to save face like "yea but Internet Explorer has been decommissioned" because you know there isn't any proof that UO Forums work on "most peoples" Chrome.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Once again you talk factually when you have no proof. How do you know what browser everyone is using and how many people it works for?

Kyronix has admitted that it's a known issue that they haven't been able to fix. This coupled with the more people on stratics saying they have a problem than not (from what I've seen) proves that you are wrong. Why do you feel the need to make up stories and try to portray them as facts?

*Note this is usually where you deflect to something else to save face like "yea but Internet Explorer has been decommissioned" because you know there isn't any proof that UO Forums work on "most peoples" Chrome.
All I can say is, one day it worked, the next it didn't and still hasn't. And absolutely nothing has changed on my end at all....nothing.

Veldrane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've spent the last 20 years in web development. The reason it isn't being worked on has nothing to do with it being not easy to troubleshoot. You don't say that specifically, but that's what you strongly imply in your response to the other post.

This is either related to a platform issue deployed by an update - at this point, it's out of Broadsword's hands as they are using third-party forum software and will need to wait for the product owner to update. The other possibility is that a hardware or database setting has changed (most likely due to a product update being deployed). Again, this is most likely out of Broadsword's hands as the web servers are also 3rd party, and unless it's changed since I bid on the current UO site redesign project way back, so is their web development. What it comes down to is, at the end of the day, having to log back in isn't a high-priority item for anyone - its ROI is extremely low, and there are other high return issues in the backlog.

On a separate note, Silk is a garbage browser built on the Chromium Project with many data privacy concerns. It's also extremely limited to the hardware it will run on (e.g., Kindle).

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sorry but I call BS on this. I still can't stay logged in on Chrome, the ONLY thing that works is Firefox which I hate, but Chrome is still the same issue, so I"m really curious why yours works and mine and almost everyone elses, doesn't ?
I have no clue why yours dose not work and mine does. It is like KR, some could use it and others could not. Chrome is the only web browser I have/had loaded ever since it came out.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Go to the library and see how many machines it works on. I tried 4 of my own PCs. It works on all 4. What testing did you do?

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Because MOST people do not report when they are NOT having a problem and what maybe 5% of UO players use Stratics so your assumption that a majority has a problem is BS when the majority of UO players do not use stratics or UO Forum. @Pawain has 4 PCs and I have 3 PCs that have no problem so you figure it out. You ever try to troubleshoot a problem that works for some and not for others, it is a pain in the ass going through all the different setups to find out what is the real problem. I keep my systems simple so if there is a problem it is easier to figure out.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I am in other groups that use Vanilla and do not have issues.

what maybe 5% of UO players use Stratics
Not sure where you got this number from.

so your assumption that a majority has a problem is BS
Chrome currently has about 75% market share of web browsing market, followed by Safari with 8%, Firefox with 7% and Edge about 6%. If Firefox is only browser that works reliably on the official forums for all users 99%+ of the time, then it's probably a fair assumption to surmise that a majority has a problem with access to the official forums and is not merely "BS".

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I am in other groups that use Vanilla and do not have issues.

Not sure where you got this number from.

Chrome currently has about 75% market share of web browsing market, followed by Safari with 8%, Firefox with 7% and Edge about 6%. If Firefox is only browser that works reliably on the official forums for all users 99%+ of the time, then it's probably a fair assumption to surmise that a majority has a problem with access to the official forums and is not merely "BS".
How many people have changed settings in their browser, I have not and I have NO problems, I also let my browser auto upgrade every time there is a new version. The only people that have a problem are saying this with the exception of 2 people and there are 47 posts in this thread with a lot of multi posts from the same person so really there are a FEW people saying they have a problem. There are 7 known computers that have NO problem.

We all know the vast majority of UO players do not use this forum or UO forum because if the majority of players use these two forums then UO has a lot less players than anybody thinks, just look at all the Asian Shards that do not use these forums which is lets say 50% if not more of the players, yes I think there are more Asian players then US players and lets not forget the EU player base.

I do not change default settings in any program unless there is a problem and I look on the web to see if anyone else is having the same problem and see what is recommended to fix it.
The only default setting I have changed in UO is the color and fount to make it easier for me to read all other settings are default and I have no problems with UO either unless the servers are down.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I am off to log into UO Forum with chrome, have a nice day.

RockoNV

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
I did not have multiple login attempts today. They may have fixed something.