• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Ultima Store & Account Center Maintenance

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
7/28/2022 Greetings, We have identified an issue with the Ultima Store & Account Center. We appreciate your patience while we work through the issue and will update you as we make progress to restore these services. Thank you, UO Team

Continue reading...

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
In other words if your place is IDOC you cant fix it.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Unless it comes back online soon, friend's house is IDOC right now, 7 hours to collapse...PRAYING it comes back online soon! :/

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I was hoping for a news letter :danceb:
they should be putting Publish 113 on TC soon
the anniversary gifts are already there
just not the rest of it
(they haven't wiped TC since the last publish either)

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Why does it seem like every few months there is someone who is at risk of losing their house (IDOC) due to the account maintenance being down?

Do people really wait until the last day to re-up on their subscription to refresh their house?

Forge002

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Anyone else still having issues getting into account management? Cant believe its still down.

Forge002

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Ok weird, i can access account management fine through chrome incognito mode but when i try and use regular Chrome, says account management offline.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Why does it seem like every few months there is someone who is at risk of losing their house (IDOC) due to the account maintenance being down?

Do people really wait until the last day to re-up on their subscription to refresh their house?
This isn't the only reason people lose their houses.

Sometimes it's no fault of their own...sometimes if an account goes inactive, an email is never sent.

Sometimes life gets in the way and UO doesn't seem as important for the time being.

Sometimes people get sick

Sometimes people forget they have a house and place another one

Many, many reasons

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Ok weird, i can access account management fine through chrome incognito mode but when i try and use regular Chrome, says account management offline.
Try to refresh the page, that worked for me.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

That's the reply they like to use to add the most dramatic effect to their complaints.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
This isn't the only reason people lose their houses.

Sometimes it's no fault of their own...sometimes if an account goes inactive, an email is never sent.

Sometimes life gets in the way and UO doesn't seem as important for the time being.

Sometimes people get sick

Sometimes people forget they have a house and place another one

Many, many reasons
Seems like it happens to quite a few people and quite often...almost more often than logically possible. The account page goes down for maybe a day every few months? So what are the odds that "life gets in the way" up until the point where the person's house is IDOC and that's when they try to pay their sub? It seems like it's similar odds of when you are raided at a champ spawn and you lose the spawn/scrolls; suddenly 90% of the time the people who take it over are getting a 120 tactics scroll. Weird how that always works out that way.

I'm not saying it doesn't happen but this is literally like the 4th or 5th thread I've seen here alone where people are saying they are losing/lost their IDOC because of the account maintenance page being down.

As for people placing a house and forgetting they have a house.... that doesn't require accessing the account maintenance page.

I think the more probable reason is that people decide to play account roulette and get burned by it so they don't want to admit it.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I think the more probable reason is that people decide to play account roulette and get burned by it so they don't want to admit it.
most people I know that their houses become IDOC,
is because they pay for the game but don't have time to play.
They didn't realize that the game wasn't paid,
when their card expired.
And since they don't log in that often
they didn't realize it.
(I have saved some when I knew who the home owner was.
One actually was having problems with her eyesight
but its better now. And after I saved her houses,
she has actually came back to play)

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Yea I understand that is a reason houses might go IDOC; but is it likely that it is happening to that many people where all of these credit cards are expiring and then X time later they just so happen to realize it and go to update their info on the last day and the account maintenance page is down for a full day?

I could be wrong but I doubt it. There are too many repeating things that would need to happen. That feels like it's a 1 in 10,000 chance of happening yet I've seen at least 4 or 5 threads about people being mad they lost their house because of the account maintenance page wasn't working when they went to save their IDOC.

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I remember when I toke a year or more break I kept my accounts active and I did get a email but you only get emails when using a card. I have moved to using game time because it came much cheaper for me in the long run. I can pay a years time in what it would cost me for two months using my card. I did have alot of people running past my castle as I was inside it and then noticed that the one spot outside of it with my name on it was IDOC I would of lost that spot if I was not in game. No one told me that my one house was in IDOC.

Its funny that area is just there for some storage and green space in front of the castle maybe 100mil in items in it. But since then I am login in and checking on all my house spots each day.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I remember when I toke a year or more break I kept my accounts active and I did get a email but you only get emails when using a card. I have moved to using game time because it came much cheaper for me in the long run. I can pay a years time in what it would cost me for two months using my card.
Yea that's part of my frustration with the current setup in account management. I can't opt for a reoccurring 6 month game package to decrease the monthly price for me. To get the 6 month rate I have to use prepaid game certs. I think UO is likely the only online service that isn't eager to charge your card for a 6 month subscription.

Things like STARZ network will automatically charge my card every 6 months (or whenever your selected paid range ends) even after I've already watched a series and no longer want it (but forgot to unsubscribe).

HRH Liz

Lore Master
UNLEASHED
Yea that's part of my frustration with the current setup in account management. I can't opt for a reoccurring 6 month game package to decrease the monthly price for me. To get the 6 month rate I have to use prepaid game certs. I think UO is likely the only online service that isn't eager to charge your card for a 6 month subscription.

Things like STARZ network will automatically charge my card every 6 months (or whenever your selected paid range ends) even after I've already watched a series and no longer want it (but forgot to unsubscribe).
I do not know where you live but all of my accounts are set to 6 month auto renew and have been for YEARS

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I do not know where you live but all of my accounts are set to 6 month auto renew and have been for YEARS
I don't think I had that option last time I setup my CC. I will certainly double check now though (hopefully you are correct!)

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
there is option two you can do 1, 3 or 6 month but the game time code is cheaper from the store then there account page for me. 1659374342791.png thats from there account page with a CC. But I can get a 6 month code for 35 from there store

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
From what "store" are you getting it for $35, I am calling BS on this.
Origin
from the Store when it comes to changing it It costs about 35 USD but if I baught it on my card on the account page its counts as the 59.99 USD. 1659375605840.png 1659375687673.png

It went down some since I needed game time.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Yes - I think that it looks for your location and you pay in that currency. If using a VPN, I believe you make it think you are somewhere like a place where they use the Ruble or Peso which is weaker compared to the US dollar.

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes - I think that it looks for your location and you pay in that currency. If using a VPN, I believe you make it think you are somewhere like a place where they use the Ruble or Peso which is weaker compared to the US dollar.
Its funny when you move out of the county the account page still wants you to pay USD. but there store does not. I was doing it with my CC but in the end is cost me almost double per month because I had to pay USD and not home county's.

You do know that it goes the other way around there people that pay euros witch means there paying more per month then even the usa players.