• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Ultima Online's 16th Anniversary Party

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ultima Online’s 16th Anniversary Party Invitation
Date: September 21st, 2013
12:45 till 5:00 pm CST

Agenda

12:45 pm CST – Opening Ceremony at the Luna Fair grounds
1:00 to 2:00 pm CST – Hedge Maze Scavenger Hunt (see details below)
2:00 to 2:15 pm CST – Return to Luna for announcement of winners for the Hedge Maze Scavenger Hunt
2:15 to 3:00 pm CST – Fool Hardy –Join us to preform and show how creative you are
3:00 to 3:30 pm CST – Award prizes for the judging of the Cultural Center Design Contest and Story Contest
3:30 to 4:30 pm CST – Trivia Contest
4:30 to 5:00 pm CST – Magic Show

Details and Rules of Events

Hedge Maze Scavenger Hunt
  • Teleporter located at the Luna Fairgrounds to location of the event
  • Location is in Tram
  • Books with hints as to what objects to look for will be provided
  • After all items are recovered turn in all items to Lady Tia at the Fairgrounds in Luna (use gate to return)
  • There will be a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winner (awards given on shard of your choice)
Fool Hardy
  • Prepare a 6 minute skit – this can be a monologue, skit, or just tell jokes. Please remember to be tasteful and respect the diverse audience members.
  • This will be judged by three (3) devs
  • There will be a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winner (awards given on shard of your choice)
  • Location is at the Luna Fairgrounds on TC1
  • Pre enter via email to [email protected] no later than September 20th.
Cultural Center Design Contest
  • Send designs to [email protected] or [email protected] no later than September 18th.
  • Winner will have their design built on the shard of their choice with your name as the designer
  • Location to be built is in New Magincia
  • Winner announced September 21st.
Story Contest

Mesanna's Ascension
In the third and final chapter of the Mesanna Trilogy you will decide how this once servant girl from the Twin Oaks Tavern becomes one of our lands most famous and deadly goddesses.
What you need in the story:
  • Characters: Mesanna and anyone you want (Be careful not to offend anyone)
  • Setting: Ultima Online, any shard you wish
  • Place: She can go anywhere, but one location must be a unique area on the shard. (Any player town, establishment, NPC building or EM Building can be used)
Other Information:
Trivia Contest
  • Pre-sign up required no later than September 20th.
  • This will be a bracket type event using this program http://challonge.com/tournament/bracket_generator
  • Be prepared to answer trivia questions, if you answer it correctly you move forward.
  • This will last till there is only one winner …reward announced after contest is over.
  • Location is at the Luna Fairgrounds on TC1

Last edited by a moderator:

Dragonater

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Black tie or come as you are?..I probably know the answer but I'll ask anyway. Any chance we can do the hedge maze hunt as a team of 2? Have a very slow connection and a good part of this seems like it will depend on speed or is it? Timed I mean..

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Any restrictions on the Cultural Center?? What exactly are you looking for in it's design? Something to showcase UO? or history or the current life of the lands? What is it supposed to be used for?

Lady Tia

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Any restrictions on the Cultural Center?? What exactly are you looking for in it's design? Something to showcase UO? or history or the current life of the lands? What is it supposed to be used for?
City Meetings, Grand Entertainment or any type of Public Gathering. We would propose the area South of the Flower Garden for the final design, but the final resting place will be up to Mesanna. I would also say that Castle and Keep size, and probably 18x18 would be too large for Magincia.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dragonater

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Regarding MalagAste's post..I would, also, like more info on this design contest..what are the judges looking for? Are we supposed to actually create an architectural drawing (if so I'm out, I have a hard time drawing a circle,ha) or just explain our concept of what it should look like and ideas about what should be included?Some more details, along the lines of those you provided for the "Story Contest", would be appreciated.

Lady Tia

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Regarding MalagAste's post..I would, also, like more info on this design contest..what are the judges looking for? Are we supposed to actually create an architectural drawing (if so I'm out, I have a hard time drawing a circle,ha) or just explain our concept of what it should look like and ideas about what should be included?Some more details, along the lines of those you provided for the "Story Contest", would be appreciated.
I personally would place a small customizable home on test to play with. See my post above.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I personally would place a small customizable home on test to play with. See my post above.
I would rather have a relative size in mind.. I mean if I build too big or whatever not really going to function right... win or no. I would like to "maximize" the space and know what we are working with to get a good feel for what I can create.

I mean if we are talking as small as something say 10x10 or so that makes a BIG difference...

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
The link to part 2 of 3 of the Mesanna story doesn't work. "The requested thread could not be found."

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
City Meetings, Grand Entertainment or any type of Public Gathering. We would propose the area South of the Flower Garden for the final design, but the final resting place will be up to Mesanna. I would also say that Castle and Keep size, and probably 18x18 would be too large for Magincia.
Seriously need to know the MAXIMUM size this design should be on floor plan. Without this information people could be totally wasting their time if they design something that will NOT fit into whatever space is going to be used for placement.

Please ask Mesanna to advise this information.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Seriously need to know the MAXIMUM size this design should be on floor plan. Without this information people could be totally wasting their time if they design something that will NOT fit into whatever space is going to be used for placement.

Agreed!

Kelly O'Brian

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some questions regarding entry deadlines and adresses:

Fool Hardy
Pre enter via email to [email protected]
Deadline?
Cultural Center Design Contest
Send designs to
[email protected] or [email protected]
before Sept 21s
Does "before" means in fact one day earlier? (I am not a native english speaker)
Story contest
Submit story to [email protected] or [email protected] before Sept 21st.
Other Information:
Contact submission email: [email protected] Contest ends: 9/15/2013
Which one is the corret date and is Mesannas adress here valid too ?
Trivia Contest
Pre sign up required
When and where?

PS: The auto-functions of this Forum editor arent WYSIWYG and therefore a major pain in the rear

Last edited:

Lady Tia

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would rather have a relative size in mind.. I mean if I build too big or whatever not really going to function right... win or no. I would like to "maximize" the space and know what we are working with to get a good feel for what I can create.

I mean if we are talking as small as something say 10x10 or so that makes a BIG difference...
I had to confirm this today the size will be 12 x 12. I have also updated times/dates for submission on the original post above. Thank you for the feedback!

Lady Tia

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

As I posted above, I had to get feedback today on this. 12 x 12 is the approved size. Thank you for the feedback Miss Echo!

Lady Tia

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some questions regarding entry deadlines and adresses:

Deadline?

Does "before" means in fact one day earlier? (I am not a native english speaker)

Which one is the corret date and is Mesannas adress here valid too ?

When and where?

PS: The auto-functions of this Forum editor arent WYSIWYG and therefore a major pain in the rear
I have added more deadlines to the original post. Hope this helps! Thank you!

Kelly O'Brian

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks Tina, but still in question:

Is your email only the right one for the Story Contest or Mesannas too?
Where can we presign up for the Trivia Contest?

TheChocolits

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Hey, sorry for this dumb question but where is this "Flower Garden"? .. I returned last week and a friend informed me of this party n the designing part got me intrigued :p .. Oh and does the design have to be done ingame or can we create our own image using tools like insideUO like how we created the images for the West Brit Bank designs?

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Great program. Unfortunately, I cannot attend these events due to family issues... :sad2::sad2::sad2:

Shamus Turlough

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey, sorry for this dumb question but where is this "Flower Garden"? .. I returned last week and a friend informed me of this party n the designing part got me intrigued :p .. Oh and does the design have to be done ingame or can we create our own image using tools like insideUO like how we created the images for the West Brit Bank designs?

From what I understand you can use any artwork that exists in the live game. The method in which you design the structure is completely up to you.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Can't wait can't wait can't wait! I'm really excited to see what people come up with regarding the Mesanna story and House designs...SUPER EXCITED! Wishin I could participate but I'll be there with the rest of my Stratics team helpin out :)

Good luck to all on the contests it's gonna be AWESOME! :)

Lady Tia

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is located in the NW corner of New Magincia. Look for the "gardners" that staff it. PM me if i can help you any more. Thanks!

TheChocolits

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is located in the NW corner of New Magincia. Look for the "gardners" that staff it. PM me if i can help you any more. Thanks!

Ohhh, I found it! thanks :) .. but I'm not sure I have time to come up with a design within 24hrs, hopefully I can squeeze in one. One more question though, does the design have to be on a house plot of 12x12 or can we just design within a 12x12 space on the ground?

Lady Tia

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ohhh, I found it! thanks :) .. but I'm not sure I have time to come up with a design within 24hrs, hopefully I can squeeze in one. One more question though, does the design have to be on a house plot of 12x12 or can we just design within a 12x12 space on the ground?
12x12 on the ground works as well.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can somone tell me what the time now is at CST ? Mine now is 14:26. CEST

Need to see if we conver time time right for the event.

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Are we supposed to email someone to signup for the Trivia contest? Or do we just sign up during the party on TC1?

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Before the 20th is not during the party at TC1. :)
That wasn't on the UO site, which is why I asked. Figured what was on the UO site would be the same information as here.

QMSoar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay, I just want to be sure I got my time zones right...

As long as I submit a story before Atlantic server up on Friday morning, I'm definitly safe, aye?

(Wishes he had seen this competition earlier.)

Last edited:

Lady Tia

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay, I just want to be sure I got my time zones right...

As long as I submit a story before Atlantic server up on Friday morning, I'm definitly safe, aye?

(Wishes he had seen this competition earlier.)
You have time! Git her done!

Alexander of ATL.

Rares Fest Host | Atl June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sending in my piece for the Story contest in a bit. Should receive it tonight.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is copying to TC disabled at the moment? Just tried to copy a char over ready for the party and it's greyed out!

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hope everyone has an amazing time at the party tomorrow! Happy birthday to the grandfather of all MMO's and the team behind the magic that is Ultima Online.

Unfortunately, Sept 21st is always my birthday too, I turn 39 years young! So I will be missing the activities in lieu of my own birthday celebration!

:heart: Pandy

Alexander of ATL.

Rares Fest Host | Atl June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I hope everyone has an amazing time at the party tomorrow! Happy birthday to the grandfather of all MMO's and the team behind the magic that is Ultima Online.

Unfortunately, Sept 21st is always my birthday too, I turn 39 years young! So I will be missing the activities in lieu of my own birthday celebration!

:heart: Pandy
Happy Birthday!

Queen Arya

Rares Fest Host | Atl Sept 2011 & June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
When do we get the allotted time slots for the skits?

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Answered via email.
Thanks!
Tia
Er... I would like this information too! I'm signed up for this event as well. Is there anything special that participants need to know ahead of time?