• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Treasures of Fey Wrath – Play Now!

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
4/26/2022 Greetings, We are pleased to announce the next installment of our event series is now live on all shards! After working to uncover the mystery of Rabbits laying Curiously Adorned Eggs, the Ranger’s Guild of Skara Brae has tracked an usual Fey Presence to the Dungeon Destard. Britannians must work together to overcome the challenges presented in, Treasures of Fey Wrath! With many rewards to collect, there is something for everyone! 10 Pages of Lore • Decorative Plinth • Pile of Mud • Reward Titles • An Intricately Crafted Bird House • Serpent’s Jawbone • Cloak of Light • […]

Continue reading...

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why can't we get the rewards on Atlantic? It says the event has not begun... Does anyone know if the Eodon parrot fits in the new birdcage?

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Lag is so bad you can't even scratch your butt once you step inside

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
It does exactly what the description says. No more no less.
Stay classy.

For anyone else... It changes to "Awarded to "Char Name" for Outstanding Valor During the Incursion of Fey Wrath." The image doesn't change.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The Ankh allows you to Tele to any shrine.

Rest have no other powers that were found. Yet.

Gunsmoke

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dont this event was planned to well... BIG TIME LAG if not crashing servers/clients. i do understand destard is a mosh-pit but damn i feel like im doing a EM event. ive been getting over 100 drops in a hr if not more, i mean thats awesome for me but this event is actually set up to where u can script it . id say lower the amount of monsters or put it to DOOM dungeon drop rates...( dont kill me on that one).

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The Ankh allows you to Tele to any shrine.

Rest have no other powers that were found. Yet.
Jawbone lets you teleport as well..

1651035035256.png

Here's the one for ankh for the curious.

1651035065854.png

Mud lets you double click it for some fluff.

Bird cage chirps.

The scrolls go in a binder a Scribe can make to create a book.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@ Lore. Jawbone was a reward from Khaldun. This is the second time it has been repeated. First ones were not shard bound now they are.

It is a very nice item they chose the good spots in Ilsh.

Please set them to public when you place them.

Ankh is nice for Shrine battles. Ill be getting at least 3.

When I say the others don't do anything I mean as far as an ability. The Pentagram of Demonic forces made you not be attacked by imps for a period of time when clicked.
All the items do deco stuff. :)

Bird house makes a chirp and an explosion in your face when locked down or in backpack. Can be set to public. It has a delay timer after use. Dang bird tosses an exploding egg at you when you bother it.

1651037481745.png

Can be turned, fits well on the Plinth.
1651038515616.png

You slip on the mudpiles like the icy patch.

Last edited:

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
They're charging us points for something you can make for free in custom house mode (plinth) :rolleyes:

Dryzzid of Atlantic

Lore Master
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They're charging us points for something you can make for free in custom house mode (plinth) :rolleyes:
I like this reward.. I'll definitely use these even with custom houses. You can't change the Z of the ones placed in custom mode. I'm hoping that we see more old graphics released to players. I like the mud too though I do wish it was available in more than one graphic.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
From official forum:

1651165107673.png

1651165066364.png

So it sounds like they're aware of the issue on ATL and are monitoring to make adjustments. My experience the previous two nights was that the dungeon was nearly unplayable with the lag and spawn issues, unless you had some type of AFK Wither-Bot. Nice to see real time adjustments to feed back being given. Hopefully this will result in more people heading down to other levels of the dungeon.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From official forum:

View attachment 129932

View attachment 129931

So it sounds like they're aware of the issue on ATL and are monitoring to make adjustments. My experience the previous two nights was that the dungeon was nearly unplayable with the lag and spawn issues, unless you had some type of AFK Wither-Bot. Nice to see real time adjustments to feed back being given. Hopefully this will result in more people heading down to other levels of the dungeon.
That was my experience yesterday, I used Earthquake in Wraith Form over Wither.

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Not everyone lives in a customizable house or wants to have to customize everytime they want to move it.

The plinth is actually my favorite out of the rewards.
I use music stand or rough stone block to display my books and statue busts

I think maybe they should have just made a new looking marble column for this? I'm not really fretting over this plinth hehe

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
From official forum:

View attachment 129932

View attachment 129931

While I appreciate the response from Kyronix, his first comment is false (if they didn't change spawn rate at all then why did everyone noticeably get less the next day?) and the second one I can''t help to think that's a deflection of my question.

Isn't every dungeon going to have a different spawn region just by the nature of every dungeon having a different layout? The creatures would technically be dispersed differently in every dungeon. The difference is (and this is from my personal experience) is that in every other dungeon it has seemed to drop spawn kind of at random in different locations versus Destard is literally dropping 75% of the spawn for level 1 in the same area to the point where wither-bots are literally just standing there spamming and getting majority of kills.

Am I the only person who thinks that 75%+ of the spawn on level 1 is happening on the NW side right above where the killzone was yesterday and also near the entrance to level 2? How many mobs are spawning by the crimson drake? What about the pond on level 1 near the center of the dungeon? I'll run around these spots or the far back for 5minutes straight and see maybe 3-4 things spawn but if I go up towards the entrance to level 2 I see non-stop spawning of stuff....Does anyone else play ATL to dispell my theory?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I told you yesterday. The only spots where things spawned on the first day was near the entry and near the ramps.

I got 10 more drops last night than the first night in 1 hour with potion.

So I can not agree with your theory. But that is how theories work until they become a law.

Thevenins theory is still a theory after over 100 years of no one proving it wrong.

Archangel0

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's a Baluster
I like thunderstorm as it's faster still torn between my standard RC and reaper i don't see added benefits of reaper
reaper does area dmg, thus hitting several monsters, so you potentially get more credit. RC hits harder but no AOE. Yesterday I was putting 1 then the other.. and while they were on, a wildfire and then cycle chainlightning, storm, earthquake and nethers. had 5 drops in about 10 mins. without potion. I'll try today again w potion :)

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ya my Garg using and RC got 2 drops in the pile the first night. Another guy was throwing, I have no idea how he could target. I hit target nearest and the icon turns grey before a name shows cause everything dying so fast.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Ya my Garg using and RC got 2 drops in the pile the first night. Another guy was throwing, I have no idea how he could target. I hit target nearest and the icon turns grey before a name shows cause everything dying so fast.
You AOE instead of using summons. Summons were probably the reason for all the lag. First night was fine on Chessy. 2nd night was laggy and I saw everyone casting reapers.

I was just spamming Earthquake and I got easily 600 drops between the two nights.

If you think 2-3 drops an hour is going to get you the same thing, I have a bridge in the desert to sell you.

Deschet

Journeyman
3 is what I just got... bring back the pile!

But seriously. Also noticed a lag difference when people dropped reapers/summons vs. AOE only. All was well for me on LS last night until two reapers got dropped in the pile. Unplayable until whoever was dropping the reapers stopped/left, and then... all was well again.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

But seriously. Also noticed a lag difference when people dropped reapers/summons vs. AOE only. All was well for me on LS last night until two reapers got dropped in the pile. Unplayable until whoever was dropping the reapers stopped/left, and then... all was well again.
Ya and you could go left a screen and there was no lag.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
From official forum:

View attachment 129932

View attachment 129931

It was not on ATL only. Asuka had same pile of wraith form spell weavers yesterday. Which is fixed already.

gwen

Slightly Crazed

I don't like pile. Yes I got there like 200drops . But AFK . If it will remain same, event will have no sense. Thanks @Kyronix for fixing it.
First day of event I was using my thrower. With good results After several hours more AOE spammers came and I was rarely able to hit something at all. Lags were incredible.
Then I made AOE spammer myself. Results were awesome. Was such gameplay interesting? Not at all!

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I don't like pile. Yes I got there like 200drops . But AFK . If it will remain same, event will have no sense. Thanks @Kyronix for fixing it.
First day of event I was using my thrower. With good results After several hours more AOE spammers came and I was rarely able to hit something at all. Lags were incredible.
Then I made AOE spammer myself. Results were awesome. Was such gameplay interesting? Not at all!
Gameplay isn't fun now either.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nope as I said from day one, nothing was spawning in the Water ele areas or the spawn area.

But yall did not notice because you were doing the pile.

Now its a big empty place with a couple of 1 hit killer paragons.

Ya lots more fun than the pile @gwen

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yall probably have not noticed the Weald Protectors have Paragon Chests.

1651193692017.png

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I was using my Mage/Mystic/Weaver in Wraith Form. Keeping Gift of Life/Mana Shield/Arcane Empowerment/Reaper Summon up, using mostly Essence of Wind to deal damage (and apply a SSI debuff), and casting Attunement and Gift of Renewal when under attack. Fairly involved gameplay when keeping all of that up.
But yeah, i have noticed a lot of scripters at the Destard entrance. The Archer/Thrower scripters immediately target and take down the regular Shadow Wyrms.

Kir

Journeyman
I was using my Mage/Mystic/Weaver in Wraith Form. Keeping Gift of Life/Mana Shield/Arcane Empowerment/Reaper Summon up, using mostly Essence of Wind to deal damage (and apply a SSI debuff), and casting Attunement and Gift of Renewal when under attack. Fairly involved gameplay when keeping all of that up.
But yeah, i have noticed a lot of scripters at the Destard entrance. The Archer/Thrower scripters immediately target and take down the regular Shadow Wyrms.
Samey, but mainly thunderstorm , stop casting if targeted and hope mobs distracted by other casters, then proceed thunderstorm again once they are distracted.
Reapers are laggy :), I don't use them, the lag isn't worth it.

Jynxx

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yall probably have not noticed the Weald Protectors have Paragon Chests.

Could be fun collecting these new chests. I'm hoping for a paragon shadow wyrm box.

pchest.png

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Weald, Warden, fey dragons, Shadow Wrym, Crystal guy... those are the ones I've found that aren't in Ilsh.
Yup. In the Ice event, I managed to score a Paragon White Wyrm chest. Am I gonna get one from this? Unlikely. The Shadow Wyrms are all but impossible for me. Even with 3 clients I don't know that I could take one on. The rest? Doable but I'd have to isolate them.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Yup. In the Ice event, I managed to score a Paragon White Wyrm chest. Am I gonna get one from this? Unlikely. The Shadow Wyrms are all but impossible for me. Even with 3 clients I don't know that I could take one on. The rest? Doable but I'd have to isolate them.
What shard you on? If on chessy I can give you one. People aren't even checking corpses.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What shard you on? If on chessy I can give you one. People aren't even checking corpses.
LS, Atl, Origin is where I've done my farming. I do have a char on Chessy that I've used at an event or two.