• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Treasures of Die-Loth

Kir

Journeyman
*Young* player can walk safely and mark runes everywhere. At least last event it was possible. Not sure about current.
Or stone one skill of your sampire, give him 40 magery +2 rings, spell channel weapon (any will do), put on arcane charge robe, run and mark all runes you want.
Or bracelet of binding if you have another account or friend helping.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Or bracelet of binding if you have another account or friend helping.
Shhh! Noone is supposed to know how i teleport in my 4x120 Bard/Mage and Disco/Tamer to my Macer/Paladin to deal with Paragon Balrons. People are always like "how the **** does he get his other chars directly to him within 2 secs of a Para Balron appearing?"
My Macer/Paladin carries a Greater Bracelet of Binding that is bound to the Bracelets of my Bard/Mage, Disco/Tamer, and several friends/guildies. I just have to carry the Greater Bracelet of Binding in my pack, and so long as i'm in a location you can recall to, anyone with a Bracelet of Binding bound to mine can teleport to my exact location within 2 seconds. I can have up to 10 people bound to me.

"One Bracelet to rule them all, One Bracelet to find them, One Bracelet to bring them all and in the darkness bind them"

Last edited:

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Spent my first several hours in Felucca Hythloth today. Drop rate was better than usual but I was alone on lvl 1
Cannot solo para balron I was just locking them and elder gazers in cells or in the maze.
Pity thing : lots of demons I killed respawn in cells or in a maze leading to lvl 2 teleport. So my drop rate became same as Tram. I was killing dogs , wisps, gargoyles. All rest were imprisoned.
Later some red shows. They killed me , got 20k insurance.
Total 50+ drops , 3 grey robes when luting paragon in a crowded cell and one from PK. Way less than my usual grey robes count.
Being red in this event looks kinda useless. During wildfire event they got pinks and power scrolls from me. Now all those troubles for insurance which is 1/100 of drop price ?

Chrille

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
The event itself usually last until the next server down, when it was in deceit I collected 20 more drops and turned them in after they got wiped at 00.01am ET back then.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So just to be clear, this event itself will last until December 4?

Thank you
Yup 1 min before the stroke of midnight eastern.

You can continue till your server goes down. But if you log off it ends for you. So turn in and collect rewards on Dec 4th or earlier.

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The paragons are behind closed doors. How is that difficult? There are no doors on LS there. I guess our benefit is we learn to be better at killing stuff.
Well congratulations, let me play Queen Mum and bake some cookies for you, since you're "better." I mean, you just win all UO evermore, don't you.

All it takes is someone to, you know, open the doors and let all that spawn out, notwithstanding that's just the one screenshot I took in relative safety, when Sonoma is replete with examples of lots of paragons out in open spaces. I don't know how the LS population is, but as I said, the percentage is ridiculous for shards with small populations, when some early mornings there's almost nobody else around. There is no fine line between "challenge" and "overkill." Either the devs dial it back (it shouldn't be hard to scale it based on the number of characters on the dungeon subserver), or they balance things by making the rewards transferable to other shards. And I used to think shard-bound was fine.

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There's advantage in low population shard, one such advantage is when you know there are no one around, you can shove all barlon into a room on that particular floor.
That way, you don't have to worry too much about Paragon Barlon popping. Just did it on my other shard Sampire, 57 per hour... (Luck statue and potion, highest for me due to ideal spawn and no one open door to Paragon)
And then later on a couple of griefers (using Honor so they won't be attacked) open the doors to let things out.

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Players on LS are constantly gating in and gating out the dead. You can't tell me that no one has runes on your shard. And you can hop on a mount and run and invis as needed and mark runes now.

Next time mark them before the event starts. All of the Dungeons have been known before they reach live shards.

Trying to blame others because mobs are in the dungeon at your "safe" place.
You should recall to the stairs or exits. You have 50/50 change then. Gate your toon in.

We don't have many doors that close on LS. I think 1 floor has 1 door that closes.
I won't speak for Danpal, but I've always fine marking runes after any event began. The problem isn't runes themselves, but recalling in to find a couple of para balrons and a para elder gazer in close proximity.

That brings up that it's high time to allow recalling or gating when a rune is blocked. I don't think there was ever a need for it since UO's first day.

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Rune blocking in fel is a perfectly acceptable method of annoying your neihbors , but for tram i agree.

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Rune blocking in fel is a perfectly acceptable method of annoying your neihbors , but for tram i agree.
You can not mark inside on the Fel side now anyway and If you have any of the old old ones it does not work anymore.

@Pawain this is my runes for there.
1634328192092.png

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
In order of death chances low to high:

2nd floor exit. Safest place. May have a para gargoyle. No one knows how to use the slip and slide hall so they don't drag paras there.
1st floor crossroads. Any para is already chasing someone or it would not be there.
3rd floor entrance stairs.
3rd floor exit stairs. Go in room behind steps.
4th floor Entry steps mark rune in room to east.

We have no doors on LS that work.

When I want to kill stuff below the first floor, I journey or gate to 2nd floor exit. Can usually WW there and stay alive. I camp a tamer and a tamer/archer on 2 or 3 depending which I want to use. I run around on my Macer and kill stuff till I stop getting spawn, then I drag the offending paragon to my Tamers. Tamers on steps, dexxer runs up, para goes to corner Tamers take over. Both have Tritons that can tank para Balrons. Archer can AI them to death pretty quick. Only time they get aggro is when some other player runs by.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Our end of one is full of mobs and few things are on the first floor.
There is a crate blocking the entry. You get about 20 magic attacks when you try to enter.
1634344772756.png

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Ours just got decorated.
View attachment 122937

I love the pumpkin effigy's! Need them on our ships!
yes, we do
ever since I saw them on the front of the pirate ships
I wanted one for my ship.

I wish they would put them on the black market
with the pumpkin cannons

Now off to check to see if my recall spot is blocked lol
(EDITED : Sonoma doesn't have that deco, bummer)

Last edited:

gwen

Slightly Crazed
they added a circle of changing monks.
And some gambler NPC in room with safe cave . What are those for ?
Also nice they gave ATL a healer, since trader is quite far and some gifted person put his house on the way to him

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
they added a circle of changing monks.
And some gambler NPC in room with safe cave . What are those for ?
Also nice they gave ATL a healer, since trader is quite far and some gifted person put his house on the way to him
EM event? We had one in Fire. They had healers all over the place for about 2 weeks.

We do not have a gambler or monks. What are they changing? :devil:

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Our end of one is full of mobs and few things are on the first floor.
There is a crate blocking the entry. You get about 20 magic attacks when you try to enter.
A crowd like that can be attritioned with whirlwind and vampiric embrace, but I'm talking about scaling paragons based on present population on the dungeon server. Also, on Sonoma it's all too easy to find yourself running around the corner into a couple of paragon balrons and a paragon elder gazer. Throw in a hell hound or wisp, and it's even more absurd.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
A crowd like that can be attritioned with whirlwind and vampiric embrace, but I'm talking about scaling paragons based on present population on the dungeon server. Also, on Sonoma it's all too easy to find yourself running around the corner into a couple of paragon balrons and a paragon elder gazer. Throw in a hell hound or wisp, and it's even more absurd.
Bushido has evasion ability. Sampire, with peace buff, +humility active + can kill lots. Use honor on self. Don't use hit area weapon, so not all mobs will shoot at you. Some will wonder around while you kill their buddies. Use stairs to retreat and normal mobs to heal with WW or momentum strike.
Kill paragons when they appear.
Or lure them to small room, die and walk to resurrection. Paragons stay locked. Do it with para balrons, kill rest even if it looks like slowing you down.
Many paragons appear only when there are many players. If you don't kill paras spawn will be less and less. More and more mobs will respawn in the room you afraid to enter. You will end chasing 3-5 imps all over the level.

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Many paragons appear only when there are many players. If you don't kill paras spawn will be less and less. More and more mobs will respawn in the room you afraid to enter. You will end chasing 3-5 imps all over the level.
Maybe elsewhere, but too often on Sonoma, there have been just a few of us all morning, and yet too many para balrons with not enough cooperation to kill. You wind up spending half your playtime leading things into a room, and hoping someone doesn't let them out.

I haven't seen enough to confirm or doubt that one room will get enough of the spawn, but like I said, it wouldn't be hard to have paras spawn proportional to the dungeon server population. That's nice you have a character to do well against certain spawn, but some of us have limited time already to get drops, let alone time to train up a specialized character. I'm not asking to one-shot regular balrons, or kill things with my tailor, just that the devs put just a little more thought in what they're doing. Too often anything "good" we see is more by accident than their design.

Back in the 8-bit days, there were a lot of maze game variations. They were simple enough to code, so it was about making your own interesting, challenging, but not ridiculously hard. When you were trying to squeeze everything into mere thousands of bytes (when real programmers coded to suit a machine, not expected people to buy memory expansion to suit the code), it was hard to write an algorithm that ensured a maze always had at least one clear path through, at least an algorithm that worked with any speed. Mine was simple and worked quickly: as the maze was built, a simple fraction determined the number of straight walls versus corners and ∏ dead ends. It was a matter of tweaking the number just right, and actually playing my own game to make sure it wasn't too hard.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
@The Zog historian
I play on 3 shards. None of my toons can stay para balrons.
On one (low populated) shard I have start-up sampire who just recently started killing normal ones. After getting demon slayer tali. Uses VvV crimmy and Mace Shield glasses.

Para spawn rate is OK. 1/20 as in Ilshennar. Most just don't notice killing normal mobs. 2 double swings and it is done, run to next mob. Them of course they see lots of balrons and elder gazers.
It doesn't depend on server population, just on how many mobs you killed in dungeon. Total balrons QTY on level is limited. If you don't kill them all 4 or 5 will be paragons till server restart.

Swordsman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Balron paragon can be solo, my swordsman killed some alone, takes about 15 mins to kill one and die a couple times.

Kir

Journeyman
While using the potion, I feel killing Barlon or not is irrelevant.

My personal best is now at 64 an hour with Luck statue+Potion+all Barlon locked in small room.

In general, with Luck+Potion during a non-too-busy time, I can get an average 60 an hour.
Without Luck statue, I'm looking at 55 Average.

Under potion effect, you just cannot waste too much time... I still avoid Paragon Barlon most the time especially if someone released them on purpose.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
The Balron paragon can be solo, my swordsman killed some alone, takes about 15 mins to kill one and die a couple times.
takes less time if you are not alone. If solo in the dungeon just shove them in a closet, die and continue farming

@Kir how high is your luck without statue?
1 drop per minute is a lot for me.
Can you share skills and gear you have ?

Kir

Journeyman
takes less time if you are not alone. If solo in the dungeon just shove them in a closet, die and continue farming

@Kir how high is your luck without statue?
1 drop per minute is a lot for me.
Can you share skills and gear you have ?
1050 (Statue) + 150 (Minax Sandals) , so 150 when without statue.

Skills for 64 (Sword Mastery):
120 Swords
120 Tacts
110+10 Resist
106+14 Bushi
105+15 Chiv
120 Parry
39 Anatomy (Whatever left)
Note: I have also done 60ish drop with standard Sampire build, with 60 Parry and 99 Necro (Remove 120 Parry and the 39 Anatomy)

Gears are pretty standard I think:
Warrior Stats.png
War Head.png War Body.png War Sleeves.png War Hands.png War Neck.png War Legs.png War Demon Axe.png War Ring.png War Bracelet.png
Cloak : Ranger Cloak of Augmentation
Robe: Tabard with Hawkwind properties
Sash: Liutenant Britannian Royal Guard
Feet: Minax Sandals
Belt: Crimson Belt
Talisman: Cameo

Some are old gears waiting to be replaced, specifically the ring, neck and sleeves.

Other than that, I do use Honor Virtue (for HP recovery from Perfection and Self-Honor) extensively as required depending on situation. Also the potion of Greater Confusion Blast, never leave home without them... (Orange petals when not using necro so I wouldn't have to waste time getting Sacred Journey disturbed).

Rarely use APB box as only 2 monster can paralyze me there for a short period, also no Remove Curse as I always swing at 1.25 speed with the excess Stamina.

Kir

Journeyman
thanks for sharing gear . I am changing my setup. But looks like my main mistake is :I am running a lot and teleporting not enough.
And have 0 resist Spells, so every imp is tazing me for several seconds .
I've pretty much teleporting 80% of the time, 6 books I set default to, 10+ places to choose..... And yea, I always run resist 100% of the time nowadays, the paralyze is annoying... :scholar:

PS: I just did 64 without luck statue, so it is doable but probably highly dependent on the traffic flow and real life luck.... I guess..

Edit: 66 without luck statue.
Edit2: 70 with 1150 luck+potion, someone did 72 with 2800 Luck+Potion
Edit3: 78 with Luck+potion, no one on the floor for whole potion duration :banana:

Last edited:

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
thanks for sharing gear . I am changing my setup. But looks like my main mistake is :I am running a lot and teleporting not enough.
And have 0 resist Spells, so every imp is tazing me for several seconds .
are you a tamer?

get the pentagram of demonic forces
lock it down in your house
click it & it turns you green

imps will ignore you
your pet can kill them & it doesn't take it off of you
(you can't order the pet to attack it, it has to attack on its own will)

However...
paragon imps will attack you
And when you die, you will have to click it again
(you also lose a lil bit of karma for clicking it
but I find that it is worth it to click it...
I died from imps 3 times in one day before I tried using this pentagram
imps love to poison & paralyze you)

======

And I just LOVE the animation of the pentagram

Last edited:

gwen

Slightly Crazed
are you a tamer?

get the pentagram of demonic forces
lock it down in your house
click it & it turns you green

imps will ignore you
your pet can kill them & it doesn't take it off of you
(you can't order the pet to attack it, it has to attack on its own will)

However...
paragon imps will attack you
And when you die, you will have to click it again
(you also lose a lil bit of karma for clicking it
but I find that it is worth it to click it...
I died from imps 3 times in one day before I tried using this pentagram
imps love to poison & paralyze you)

======

And I just LOVE the animation of the pentagram
Thanks, but my tamer I play on ATL is gargish thrower. With ninja triton. AOEing all kind of stuff via pet or hit area on soul glaive. I get lots of stuff aggressive at me or pet, just few can come to hit me. And since 0resist spells, everything including imps can taze me. I don't carry trap boxes, so get out of stun by something else's magical hit. Good that bandage healing works through paralysis. And to heal to max I need to hit some imp or gargoyle only once.
Other 2 I play are sampires without resist spells too. Today I'll try to drop necro for 115 resist. Let's see how it goes.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
I've pretty much teleporting 80% of the time, 6 books I set default to, 10+ places to choose..... And yea, I always run resist 100% of the time nowadays, the paralyze is annoying... :scholar:

PS: I just did 64 without luck statue, so it is doable but probably highly dependent on the traffic flow and real life luck.... I guess..
Thanks, I am improving. 19 drops per hour (with 5 grey robes) , while still adjusting my keys and macro. and with 20 skill points not allocated yet(training tactics) Having no necro looks viable too.
I am still teleport not enough chasing solo gargoyles sometimes. But trying to get rid of this bad habit.

Reactions: Kir

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The corpses are disappearing faster than I can loot them! Why oh why!?? They're decaying faster than at champ spawns!