• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Treasures of Die-Loth

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@railshot Its like Doom, luck plays a role but putting out dps is much better. Two of my chars run about 1600+/- luck and bring in less arties than some of the others, due to the others being able to kill more efficiently.
So, the way I understand it, the way Doom works is that it keeps some sort of weighted kill counter that increases your chances for a drop them more you kill. I believe I saw it on official forums somewhere that with this event it's just standard luck scheme with independent probabilities for each kill. Is that incorrect?

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
People who cannot make rune somewhere else in the dungeon or ask other players to do so should struggle. They kinda like it I think.
I don't have a problem getting where I need to go, but the runes I made in "quiet" places before the event somehow ended up in the middle of multiple spawn points. I recall - I get a salvo of FSs hurled at me by a firing squad of demons around me :D

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So, the way I understand it, the way Doom works is that it keeps some sort of weighted kill counter that increases your chances for a drop them more you kill. I believe I saw it on official forums somewhere that with this event it's just standard luck scheme with independent probabilities for each kill. Is that incorrect?
From what I take it as and from past events it just a total kills = 1 drop luck makes the total kills less. I ran a test on the ice event or the three event cant remember 1 hr sampire farming like 400 luck was 8 to 10 drops. with luck 12 to 15 and then add the one potion 400 luck was like 20 and then with luck was 25 to 30 per hour

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't have a problem getting where I need to go, but the runes I made in "quiet" places before the event somehow ended up in the middle of multiple spawn points. I recall - I get a salvo of FSs hurled at me by a firing squad of demons around me :D
All my runes still work but they are deadly now only one stopped working and I think there is always a pile of body's player and monster there.

Alaric

Adventurer
UNLEASHED
Not sure, but what I notice is that I have some toons wearing luck suit and some not, and the ones that dont pull more because they can rampage thru the dungeon, and the luck ones sort of have to play safer which results in less dps.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
When I die , I relogin to save my swampy.
After resurrection I was forced to go to stables or relogin again.
Just found today : if there is a ship with public access nearby , jump on that ship (dbl click rope line) and your swampy is with you. Saves time.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
When I die , I relogin to save my swampy.
After resurrection I was forced to go to stables or relogin again.
Just found today : if there is a ship with public access nearby , jump on that ship (dbl click rope line) and your swampy is with you. Saves time.
Or just link it to a pet summoning ball.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
The Developers got it just right with the way the spawn appears to scale up/down based on how many people are in the dungeon. The further you go down in the dungeon, the more mobs / paragons / challenging it becomes. So you can seek whatever level of intensity you desire.

I really enjoyed the Fel champ spawn in the Wildfire event, but the way they ramped up the spawn for this event seems to be a pretty good mix. I've been able to get 125 drops playing two hours each of the last few nights, using about one potion of fortune per night. This is also a good opportunity for newer players to make some easy gold as these will be sure to fly off vendors in the first few weeks.

Overall, I am pleased with the event so far. These treasures events have been my favorite thing to do the last couple years and it seems like each one is seeing improvements and getting better.

:pint:

gwen

Slightly Crazed
yes , mobs quantity is plenty. but spawn rate pushes you yo move round , staying in one place will give you way less kills.
Rewards are nice. I got SSI Epps and trinket on shard I had no hope ever to afford Epps or daemon cameo . Beware, Devour of Souls, next time I'll see you I will have double slayer !
My next step : SSI Epps for gargoyle and as many as possible Baron armors on both shards I play. To have clean and refined ones.
Mobs behind walls are annoying. Dead mobs shadows still exist and I need to relogin in the dungeon to get rid of them. Not outside.

Still trying to figure out what template Sterling ring will fit and do I need it? Anybody using it ? Gargish balron armor is no go for me :berserker breastplate fits better. May be for a macer ?

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
yes , mobs quantity is plenty. but spawn rate pushes you yo move round , staying in one place will give you way less kills.
Rewards are nice. I got SSI Epps and trinket on shard I had no hope ever to afford Epps or daemon cameo . Beware, Devour of Souls, next time I'll see you I will have double slayer !
My next step : SSI Epps for gargoyle and as many as possible Baron armors on both shards I play. To have clean and refined ones.
Mobs behind walls are annoying. Dead mobs shadows still exist and I need to relogin in the dungeon to get rid of them. Not outside.

Still trying to figure out what template Sterling ring will fit and do I need it? Anybody using it ? Gargish balron armor is no go for me :berserker breastplate fits better. May be for a macer ?
I was torn on balron armor for my gargoyle because of berserker armor but i don't need the ssi or other mods so the balron armor is better fit for me i do still wish the dev would listen and give us stuff in what I perceive to be weak areas neck and legs..

gwen

Slightly Crazed
I was torn on balron armor for my gargoyle because of berserker armor but i don't need the ssi or other mods so the balron armor is better fit for me i do still wish the dev would listen and give us stuff in what I perceive to be weak areas neck and legs..
legs are ok. Britches of warding are alterable. Yeah, balron neck armor will ne better than chest. You cannot wish everything in one go. Other rewards are tasty anyway.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
legs are ok. Britches of warding are alterable. Yeah, balron neck armor will ne better than chest. You cannot wish everything in one go. Other rewards are tasty anyway.
Britches are but not legs of insane tinker it's the inconvenientness of it that's maddening

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Is it wrong to want it all ? Mostly I want consistency why on earth can mempo of fortune not be converted?

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It seems luck plays a pretty big role in this one. I got about 15 drops with a tamer with ~3k luck in 2 hours. Then tried and Archer with 140 luck. The archer was killing things much faster than the tamer, but I go zero drops in half an hour or so. I then tried an Archer in a luck suit (~1.7k luck, 0 DI, 0 SSI) and got about the same drop rate as with my tamer. Playing the archer was more fun, and it seems, thanks to the slayers lack of DI was not that big of a deal.
@railshot Its like Doom, luck plays a role but putting out dps is much better. Two of my chars run about 1600+/- luck and bring in less arties than some of the others, due to the others being able to kill more efficiently.
Yep, Luck plays a pretty big role. My Macer/Paladin is running around with 1,405 Luck (2,600+ when under Luck Statue), and he rakes in Artifacts of Demonic Forces, especially when i combine Luck Statue with Potion of Glorious Fortune. With Demon Slayer Maul+Demon Slayer Talisman, only the Paragons, Elder Gazers or Balrons take more than 2 swings to kill, so he still kills effectively. Most Demon foes die within a single Double Strike.

Kir

Journeyman
Yep, Luck plays a pretty big role. My Macer/Paladin is running around with 1,405 Luck (2,600+ when under Luck Statue), and he rakes in Artifacts of Demonic Forces, especially when i combine Luck Statue with Potion of Glorious Fortune. With Demon Slayer Maul+Demon Slayer Talisman, only the Paragons, Elder Gazers or Balrons take more than 2 swings to kill, so he still kills effectively. Most Demon foes die within a single Double Strike.
Did you keep note on how many you get with or without the Luck statue (under effect of Potion)?
Highest I've got so far is 54 with potion, 150 luck and no luck statue.

Kir

Journeyman
And since no one start one yet this time... :scholar:... Plate leg seems to be the elusive one for me this time..
Of Demonic 01.png

Circled ones, fellowship, minax and demonic set differences. Also the samurai set...
Roof 03.png

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Did you keep note on how many you get with or without the Luck statue (under effect of Potion)?
Highest I've got so far is 54 with potion, 150 luck and no luck statue.
54 per hour ? really ?

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Well... I tried, about 10ish for 30 min... :sleep2:
wow, you are doing great ! I bought one potion and with 350 something luck made 25 in an hour.
Need to upgrade my gear or change skills.
Anatomy =>resist spells I think.

Kir

Journeyman
wow, you are doing great ! I bought one potion and with 350 something luck made 25 in an hour.
Need to upgrade my gear or change skills.
Anatomy =>resist spells I think.
I have been using 120 resist for all Treasure event and 120 parrying, 0 necro.

Edit: Also used Gargoyle Sampire (standard build) and Elves Sampire... so normal Sampire works too as long you don't touch Paragon Barlon.

Last edited:

samaelmcgovern

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
I'm not seeing a huge bump with the potion ... zero luck, 20ish with statue, 30-35 with statue and potion .. this with both sampire or ninja without bothering with paragons

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This is another event that I simply don't have interest in. But I envy those of you that are enjoying it...I used to enjoy UO, not so much lately.
The event isn't bad or a failure, but far from the best they've delivered. Where Deceit was great, it seems they're on a steady downhill trajectory with event quality. It could have been so much better had they postponed it a while and fixed a few things in the meantime. Apparently, though, they decided it keeps more accounts active to release another event soon. But it's my frustration with the gameplay that has me keeping just two accounts fully active during the event (and one had lapsed last month), while my other four stay on 30/90 cycles. Maybe it wouldn't maximize revenue to keep players like me happy, but that's still a lot of lost revenue every month.

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This is QUITE a grind.. hours of boring endless grind.. on par with the fun of chaining a heartwood quest thousands of times. From a game design perspective this is problematic. People are expected to not do this grind unattended and get HUNDREDS of drops they need for the coolest items?

Rewards ; Assuming some of the items are fixed and become transmog-able - the rewards are very cool, and I think they delivered on this one.
Tokuno showed many years ago that enough players are willing to chase after mobs, although these events at least have good items to choose from. But this time there are only a couple of things that interest me. I was hoping for another kind of mount. That would have been worth a grind, especially since some of us, ahem, screwed up training our wildfire ostards.

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The Developers got it just right with the way the spawn appears to scale up/down based on how many people are in the dungeon. The further you go down in the dungeon, the more mobs / paragons / challenging it becomes. So you can seek whatever level of intensity you desire.
You know me well enough that I'm not trolling or flaming you here: let's not give credit for results that came far more by accident than their programming design. They don't even know enough to fix the RNG, which has been broken for years (and I say since perhaps the beginning).

Something like this on a low-population shard is just ridiculous. There's challenge, and then there's stupido design.

ridiculoso.png

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
You know me well enough that I'm not trolling or flaming you here: let's not give credit for results that came far more by accident than their programming design. They don't even know enough to fix the RNG, which has been broken for years (and I say since perhaps the beginning).

Something like this on a low-population shard is just ridiculous. There's challenge, and then there's stupido design.

View attachment 122830
We're doing great on Origin today but most week days it's too overwhelming some way to scale the paragons to the crowd is needed if there 10 of us on bring it but if 2 maybe not for sure scale the floors of a four level dungeon less risk less reward is ok on busy shard if easy floor kept empty let strong monsters move up

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

View attachment 122830
The paragons are behind closed doors. How is that difficult? There are no doors on LS there. I guess our benefit is we learn to be better at killing stuff.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The paragons are behind closed doors. How is that difficult? There are no doors on LS there. I guess our benefit is we learn to be better at killing stuff.
The closet someone locks them in is another person's safe recall spot...

Kir

Journeyman
There's advantage in low population shard, one such advantage is when you know there are no one around, you can shove all barlon into a room on that particular floor.
That way, you don't have to worry too much about Paragon Barlon popping. Just did it on my other shard Sampire, 57 per hour... (Luck statue and potion, highest for me due to ideal spawn and no one open door to Paragon)

Good thing potion wore off before someone decided to open up the door and unleashed all the paragon.,, :scholar:

Note: do use your Honor virtue, I use them to cull all the mobs locked away with paragon barlon which resulted in low spawning.

Last edited:

Lindae Lives

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would like an event about rehabilitating evil monsters, treating them kindly, and returning them to functional roles in society.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We have very few doors that are not always open on LS. We have to kill the Paragons. Even it is during our Luck hour.

Kir

Journeyman
We have very few doors that are not always open on LS. We have to kill the Paragons. Even it is during our Luck hour.
If everyone stay to fight, Paragon Barlon is very manageble, I always try to help if someone fighting it...

gwen

Slightly Crazed
If everyone stay to fight, Paragon Barlon is very manageble, I always try to help if someone fighting it...
if everyone goes fight para ballot, one "clever" sample can clean lots of mobs. Then everyone becomes "clever" and you getting dungeon full of para balrons.
It is also good measure how many people are in the dungeon. Small population : they lured to the entrance and slowly killed. Many people : para balrons are killed all over the dungeon right after they spawned.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The suggestion to up the drops on paras to correct this problem is the right one. Do you remember the 20th Anniversary event where the imbalance was in the other direction - everyone killed the generals and ignored the other mobs? This is a balance issue that just needs to be adjusted.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This is what i usually do with the Balrons on Lvl 4 of Hythloth. I just stuff them in the "closet", and yell "YOU SHALL NOT PASS!" at them.
Balron Closet.PNG

Reactions: Kir

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You should recall to the stairs or exits. You have 50/50 change then. Gate your toon in.

We don't have many doors that close on LS. I think 1 floor has 1 door that closes.

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You should recall to the stairs or exits. You have 50/50 change then. Gate your toon in.

We don't have many doors that close on LS. I think 1 floor has 1 door that closes.
I did not make any new runes for this event. I have a lot of the books in my castle that has all the old spots marked there at lest 8 years old. most likely older most of my books came from idocs and that set is the older books from around 2002 time but checked all the runes and only one is not working but that could just be because of the spawn is so high on atl.

someone even went throw my collection of books and found spots they never been to before and this was a player of 10 plus years. I have spots that are marked still but nothing there because the seer decor has long been gone

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I did not make any new runes for this event. I have a lot of the books in my castle that has all the old spots marked there at lest 8 years old. most likely older most of my books came from idocs and that set is the older books from around 2002 time but checked all the runes and only one is not working but that could just be because of the spawn is so high on atl.

someone even went throw my collection of books and found spots they never been to before and this was a player of 10 plus years. I have spots that are marked still but nothing there because the seer decor has long been gone
Players on LS are constantly gating in and gating out the dead. You can't tell me that no one has runes on your shard. And you can hop on a mount and run and invis as needed and mark runes now.

Next time mark them before the event starts. All of the Dungeons have been known before they reach live shards.

Trying to blame others because mobs are in the dungeon at your "safe" place.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
*Young* player can walk safely and mark runes everywhere. At least last event it was possible. Not sure about current.
Or stone one skill of your sampire, give him 40 magery +2 rings, spell channel weapon (any will do), put on arcane charge robe, run and mark all runes you want.