• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Treasures of Die-Loth

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
10/4/2021 The Treasures of Demonic Forces event is now live on all shards! Visit Dungeon Hythloth in Trammel to test your strength and courage against some of Britannia’s most demonic foes! Collect Artifacts of Demonic Forces and exchange them for powerful rewards! Up for an even greater challenge? Test your monster bashing skills and PvP skills by visiting Hythloth in Felucca on Atlantic, Lake Superior, Pacific, Europa, Asuka, and Sakura! Points from this event will expire on December 4, 2021 at 11:59pm ET. See you in Britannia, UO Team

Continue reading...

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The next one will be on the others and it will probably be on a dungeon with a spawn. So you will have an advantage.

Broli

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
this is a horribly implemented all servers should have fel, just because i want to play on my home server means i miss out on the pvp is just stupid i came back during the last event due to the fun of the pvp. guess ill be going back to not playing uo because the dev team was to lazy to do it on every server smh. an they pay these people.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Looks like they turning on Fel on populated shards only. But rewards are shard bound. Will be nice if Tram and Fel vendors will have different items and score. So rewards from Tram will be shard bound while Fel rewards will be free to transfer. May be make Fel ones 1.5-2x expensive ?

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Lots of mobs behind walls stuck. Same as fire : after server reset your running from paragon hoard and grey robes are everywhere. Several hours before restart: 10 players chasing one balron stupid enough not to respawn in safety behind the wall.

ultima2005

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
This event is nuts. High spawn and tight quarters. Reminds me a lot of the Shame event, which is a good thing.

Coco_Zamis_DF

Lore Keeper
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The devs are joking. Did they really called it soundex like
Die a lot?

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Spawn rate is quite good for sampire. Many times fighting para balron some gargoyle will spawn nearby. One momentum strike and I am with full health again. And I actually using wirlwind somerimes. Lots of grey robes but rewards worth it.

dark sonja

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Is parry working as it should in Hythloth? I have 110 and I see in my shield 3% parry and other times 32%. Is it a bug or it is not working with paragon mobs?

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Is parry working as it should in Hythloth? I have 110 and I see in my shield 3% parry and other times 32%. Is it a bug or it is not working with paragon mobs?
Uou forgot or on purpose didn't mentioned it happens using white tiger form? yes, as it should be.

dark sonja

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Uou forgot or on purpose didn't mentioned it happens using white tiger form? yes, as it should be.
thanks, I didn´t think tiger form worked different. I usually don´t use shield. But even like that, sometimes it shows 32% parry.
Time to change parry for healing then.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
thanks, I didn´t think tiger form worked different. I usually don´t use shield. But even like that, sometimes it shows 32% parry.
Time to change parry for healing then.
I asked earlier about that. When you deflect a spell it is a low %. If you fight something that casts no spells you will see it at 32%. Most things there cast spells.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Some impressions so far:
1. For a less populated shard (Pac), the spawn is just right. Don't need to look for mobs, and can find a challenge if you want one. Props to the Devs on that one.
2. Tried @Anon McDougle provo mystic template. I forgot how to play a mystic and a bard, which did not help. But generally I found it to be a bit frustrating. Non-paragon mobs are not worth the provo, and paragons most of the time do not have a worthy opponent nearby to fight with.
3. Archers are not the best for this. Most mobs use spells extensively which makes staying out of melee range not that useful. Not much room to run around and best used with a tank.
4. Still have to try some kind of warrior with healing. Not sure if healing will be enough for the tougher paras, but should be better than a Samp.
5. Based on the resists, Cu's seem to be the best pets for this. Mine seems to be able to chew through anything so far, as long as he gets it one at a time.
6. The rewards are nice, and I am willing to tolerate the grind for them. Shard restrictions are ... sigh. I don't mind when they make the "collectibles" shard bound, even though I think they are shooting themselves in the foot, as usual. But many of these rewards are built to be an integral part of a higher end suit. So if someone wants to visit another shard to hunt, they should find local replacements for armor in question. And as usual for the BS school of economics - the effects are likely to be the opposite of what was intended. Restricting these high end items to shards will make them less accessible and more expensive on lower populated shards. Much cheaper for some money-bag to create a local monopoly and jack up the prices when players cannot access an alternate source (Atl) for the goods.

samaelmcgovern

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
I'm mostly doing this to collect the armor sets as always, not really interested to the rewards (I'll get just the tali and the armor) ... what I noticed, and I hope that is just bad luck of mine ( :D ) is that in about 60 drops till now, 50ish are weapons or jewels :/

I'm using a template with ninjitsu/bushido/healing/anat and it works really well. I die sometimes with para balrons, all the other are piece of cake and the normal critters are 1 or 2 hits even in tiger form

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Some impressions so far:
1. For a less populated shard (Pac), the spawn is just right. Don't need to look for mobs, and can find a challenge if you want one. Props to the Devs on that one.
2. Tried @Anon McDougle provo mystic template. I forgot how to play a mystic and a bard, which did not help. But generally I found it to be a bit frustrating. Non-paragon mobs are not worth the provo, and paragons most of the time do not have a worthy opponent nearby to fight with.
3. Archers are not the best for this. Most mobs use spells extensively which makes staying out of melee range not that useful. Not much room to run around and best used with a tank.
4. Still have to try some kind of warrior with healing. Not sure if healing will be enough for the tougher paras, but should be better than a Samp.
5. Based on the resists, Cu's seem to be the best pets for this. Mine seems to be able to chew through anything so far, as long as he gets it one at a time.
6. The rewards are nice, and I am willing to tolerate the grind for them. Shard restrictions are ... sigh. I don't mind when they make the "collectibles" shard bound, even though I think they are shooting themselves in the foot, as usual. But many of these rewards are built to be an integral part of a higher end suit. So if someone wants to visit another shard to hunt, they should find local replacements for armor in question. And as usual for the BS school of economics - the effects are likely to be the opposite of what was intended. Restricting these high end items to shards will make them less accessible and more expensive on lower populated shards. Much cheaper for some money-bag to create a local monopoly and jack up the prices when players cannot access an alternate source (Atl) for the goods.
I have to disagree with this. I use my 120 resist archer down there and kill everything easily enough except para balron ( I could kill it IF I had more room to run about). I'm up to 120 or so drops for two evenings.

Last edited:

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Some impressions so far:

My bard is built for support this event makes it hard as everyone runs around to scattered and out of buff range disco helps others but definitely not a high drops build i find both my archers and throwers do well .
I play 3 shards equally so i get same pieces on 3 shards and add them in when I'm on said shard

dark sonja

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I asked earlier about that. When you deflect a spell it is a low %. If you fight something that casts no spells you will see it at 32%. Most things there cast spells.
Thanks. I changed to healing and I would say it works better than parry, orange petals on.

110 ninjitsu
110 tactics
100 anatomy
100 healing
110 resist
120 fencing
100 meditation

150 hit points
60 mana
160 stamina

3/6 FC-FCR

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My bard is built for support this event makes it hard as everyone runs around to scattered and out of buff range disco helps others but definitely not a high drops build i find both my archers and throwers do well .
I play 3 shards equally so i get same pieces on 3 shards and add them in when I'm on said shard
So with your archers you just kite the mobs as space allows? How well does that work with Paragons, especially caster paras?

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have to disagree with this. I use my 120 resist archer down there and kill everything easily enough except para balron ( I could kill it IF I had more room to run about). I'm up to 120 or so drops for two evenings.
Oh, that's very nice. Can you share your template and the bow?

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oh, that's very nice. Can you share your template and the bow?
Use a 100% cold dmg, demon slayer bow. I use a composite bow.
Wear a flame slayer talisman.
That will take care of everything down there except paragon wisps, then I switch to a fey slayer bow.

I may at some point go down to 70 chiv and go 120 healing. Right now it's 110 healing with enhanced bandages.

skills.JPG

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So with your archers you just kite the mobs as space allows? How well does that work with Paragons, especially caster paras?
This is where 120 resist is nice. I can switch out 120 resist for 120 bushido as needed for different events/bosses.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That will take care of everything down there except paragon wisps, then I switch to a fey slayer bow.

I may at some point go down to 70 chiv and go 120 healing. Right now it's 110 healing with enhanced bandages.

View attachment 122763
Thank you for sharing. Is Focus just for mana regen?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yup. I saw archers doing well. I was going to switch to my archer/bard but was having too fun on my mace dexxer.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

View attachment 122763
I run this no focus 120 in all other skill

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
My archers run just one bow each

Luck suit 55 lmc with a 210 luck composite

Dexxor suit uses bow of infinite swarm

Do i kill as fast no do i stay alive yes

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This is another event that I simply don't have interest in. But I envy those of you that are enjoying it...I used to enjoy UO, not so much lately.
Thanks for coming here to tell us this. What other things do you not enjoy?

Do you like piña coladas
And gettin' caught in the rain
If you're not into yoga
If you have half a brain
If you like makin' love at midnight
In the dunes on the cape?

Alaric

Adventurer
UNLEASHED
My thoughts on this event ;

This is QUITE a grind.. hours of boring endless grind.. on par with the fun of chaining a heartwood quest thousands of times. From a game design perspective this is problematic. People are expected to not do this grind unattended and get HUNDREDS of drops they need for the coolest items?

Rewards ; Assuming some of the items are fixed and become transmog-able - the rewards are very cool, and I think they delivered on this one.

Difficulty ; I think they hit near the mark on difficulty, doesnt seem like there is a single 'optimal' template to run over this event, but rather strength in diversity.

Overall ;

Id like to see something more engaging in the future, perhaps a new champ spawn directly tied to the drops similar to khal ankur years back, so players are trying to complete something rather than endlessly grind. That event was FUN AF. We need to avoid things that make people want to farm it afk. Which is what I intend to do for the majority of this event, because this is not fun. The paragon spawning imo should be dialed back a bit, players with templates that can handle a paragon balron are far and few between. This leaves everyone else getting res-killed by them on repeat as they try to get their body feeling super frustrated.

TLDR; If we learned anything from Heartwood and the entire ML era, its not to make content that is so boring and detached that it feels better to script it than to play the game.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
@Alaric you have your opinion but I totally not agree with you. I love this event. And rewards. And way you get them. Picking what you want is way better than (for example) grinding mini champs to get insane tinker legs. You don't need to be able to kill para ballrons solo. You hit them with groop, get looting rights and going to kill something else.

Difficulty can be way higher. I'd prefer if paragons on lvl 2 will be tougher. And some occasional really hard mobs will spawn there. Slasher of Veils will be good. Or Minions of Scelestus. Ugh, those are tough things.
Last event Para ballrons were trouble for my sampire. Not now. (same gear). I heal with momentum strike, lol. With so many people in close quarters para ballrons are frustrated having no idea who to hit. Wildfire wisps are not a threat with demon slayer weapon. ******* with Fey slayer.
I have nothing valuable on my body, so I just die, get ressed at vendor, sell him my insured drops and go back to fight.
Please don't forget that all rewards are not account-bond and free to trade. Just do what you like more and buy rewards from other players. Game existed for 20more years without balron armor and demon slayer trinket. If you will choose not to have them you will not loose at once. Go check yourself how many people enjoying playing in Hythoth now. Dungeon I personally never visited before. Devs added something to the game, gave us fun, we can do something new. Or get SSI epps which price skyrocketed. Why you complaining?

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Trammies don't grind for the love of it either.

PvP, is the next level of playing, yes it's fun, but it should equally be for the next level of rewards.
Cookie you seem to enjoy fighting i don't think you would be the ones trying to gank my spawn from me. I'm sorry but most reds are simply strong armed robbers rather than warriors...

Last edited:

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Trammies don't grind for the love of it either.

PvP, is the next level of playing, yes it's fun, but it should equally be for the next level of rewards.
If devs will make any reward for just pvp it will end up as hoards of toons reskilling their second accounts.

ultima2005

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
My thoughts on this event ;

This is QUITE a grind.. hours of boring endless grind.. on par with the fun of chaining a heartwood quest thousands of times. From a game design perspective this is problematic. People are expected to not do this grind unattended and get HUNDREDS of drops they need for the coolest items?

Rewards ; Assuming some of the items are fixed and become transmog-able - the rewards are very cool, and I think they delivered on this one.

Difficulty ; I think they hit near the mark on difficulty, doesnt seem like there is a single 'optimal' template to run over this event, but rather strength in diversity.

Overall ;

Id like to see something more engaging in the future, perhaps a new champ spawn directly tied to the drops similar to khal ankur years back, so players are trying to complete something rather than endlessly grind. That event was FUN AF. We need to avoid things that make people want to farm it afk. Which is what I intend to do for the majority of this event, because this is not fun. The paragon spawning imo should be dialed back a bit, players with templates that can handle a paragon balron are far and few between. This leaves everyone else getting res-killed by them on repeat as they try to get their body feeling super frustrated.

TLDR; If we learned anything from Heartwood and the entire ML era, its not to make content that is so boring and detached that it feels better to script it than to play the game.
Hilarious. “I intend to afk farm. By the way, can you dial back the para spawn?”

Alaric

Adventurer
UNLEASHED
Hilarious. “I intend to afk farm. By the way, can you dial back the para spawn?”
I mean.. I would prefer if everything was paragon, more drops for me =D Nothing in this dungeon can stop my army. But I do see every time I recall to the front multiple people struggling to get their corpse because a single parabalron spawned and I go kill it for them. I will say the drops come much faster when you run around. But that would mean I cant play league of legends while I farm. :(

1633628556480.png

gwen

Slightly Crazed
I mean.. I would prefer if everything was paragon, more drops for me =D Nothing in this dungeon can stop my army. But I do see every time I recall to the front multiple people struggling to get their corpse because a single parabalron spawned and I go kill it for them. I will say the drops come much faster when you run around. But that would mean I cant play league of legends while I farm. :(
People who cannot make rune somewhere else in the dungeon or ask other players to do so should struggle. They kinda like it I think.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It seems luck plays a pretty big role in this one. I got about 15 drops with a tamer with ~3k luck in 2 hours. Then tried and Archer with 140 luck. The archer was killing things much faster than the tamer, but I go zero drops in half an hour or so. I then tried an Archer in a luck suit (~1.7k luck, 0 DI, 0 SSI) and got about the same drop rate as with my tamer. Playing the archer was more fun, and it seems, thanks to the slayers lack of DI was not that big of a deal.

Alaric

Adventurer
UNLEASHED
@railshot Its like Doom, luck plays a role but putting out dps is much better. Two of my chars run about 1600+/- luck and bring in less arties than some of the others, due to the others being able to kill more efficiently.

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
People who cannot make rune somewhere else in the dungeon or ask other players to do so should struggle. They kinda like it I think.
I thought everyone had there own rune collection or knows someone that does. and yes the last time I checked they where all set for anyone. 1633638289701.png