• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[UO.Com] Time of Legends Available World Wide

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings! We are pleased to announce that Publish 90, The Time of Legends, will be available after maintenance on Thursday, October 8, 2015. Character transfer will be turned off tonight (10/7/2015) and will be turned back on after 11am ET on Friday, October 9, 2015. You can check out all the exciting new features in the Time of Legends here. Don’t forget you have until October 31, 2015 to take advantage of our special offer, subscribe any account during the month of October and you will receive the Time of Legends for free! For those that miss the offer, the […]

Continue reading...

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Since they is buried in the publish notes, here are the changes for the WW release:

• Reduced the spawn rate of water elementals in the Fountain encounter of Shadowguard.
  • Fixed issue where the finale legend encountered in the Shadowguard Finale did not have appropriate loot.
  • Increased the loot on the Dragon Turtle.
  • Added Tiger Armor to randomly generated loot in the Valley of Eodon.
  • Reduced karma of tribes people to zero.
  • Adjusted AIs on the legends in the Shadowguard finale.
  • Fixed issue where Shadowguard finale mobs were not being cleaned up properly.
  • Fixed issue where players were not receiving a Mastery Book from Hawkwind’s quest.
  • Updated AIs on the Dragon Turtle.
  • Fixed issue where players with more than 100,000 gold in the bank were not able to tithe gold as expected.
  • Fixed issue where the incorrect mastery was selected when switching to bard masteries.
  • Fixed issue where some doors crafted via masonry or tinkering did not recieve “House Only.”

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
  • Reduced the spawn rate of water elementals in the Fountain encounter of Shadowguard.
THANK YOU! Armory spawn needs to be adjusted too I think though, 2 people in there and within a matter of 3-4 minutes you have 40+ mobs on you.
I hope so cus the loot was still only 100+ gold and one piece of random armor!
Again thank you, these things were a pain to get, I managed to get 2 so far so I hope the spawn rate is increased a little!
  • Fixed issue where players were not receiving a Mastery Book from Hawkwind’s quest.
This has been broken in so many ways, it will be nice to not have to spam the peacemaking mastery quest!

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Woo. Good fixes. Don't know of any other current issues now.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
So....is there another patch? Because I just had to patch...:/

Small one....

OH...The Belfry Encounter is a bit glitchy..not sure if you want to look into that but me and at least 3 other of my guildies get stuck on the platform after the dragon does his special move and either freeze or the client stops responding and we have to re-load.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Did this patch turn off vendor search?

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Not sure but it fixed Hawkwind..WOOHOO!

Now that I've done the peacemaking mastery quest about 90 times...:/ lol

Side Note: Vendor search is greyed out to me so maybe?

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Not sure but it fixed Hawkwind..WOOHOO!

Now that I've done the peacemaking mastery quest about 90 times...:/ lol

Side Note: Vendor search is greyed out to me so maybe?
Gray to me also... on all characters.

Gamer_Goblin

Sage
Stratics Veteran
THANK YOU! Armory spawn needs to be adjusted too I think though, 2 people in there and within a matter of 3-4 minutes you have 40+ mobs on you.
Again thank you, these things were a pain to get, I managed to get 2 so far so I hope the spawn rate is increased a little!
This has been broken in so many ways, it will be nice to not have to spam the peacemaking mastery quest!
Won't that make the Fountain encounter more difficult? You already said it was barely soloable because of having to find the right pieces. So if the spawn is lower, less pieces? I haven't done it... just speculating.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
It's available on Siege at 9:46 pm eastern.
Ah ha! Perhaps Kelmo jinxed the other shards? :eyes:

Edit. Yay! Vendor search is back! Kelmo is innocent. :D

Last edited:

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
No the fountain is easy solo I've done it twice.

Side note. Guildie went onto the roof and got the archer dude...he died...then we partied and went in there together and the lesser hyirus were still in there and THEN virtuebane spawned along with a bunch of other stuff.

Is it not supposed to clear after each encounter?

fajico

Seasoned Veteran
Premium
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Stealables – There are several stealables hidden throughout the Valley that spawn randomly.
  • Stretched Dinosaur Hide
  • Carved Myrmidex Glyph
  • Waku on a Spit
  • Sacred Lava Rock
  • Hand Carved White Tiger Figurine
  • Dragon Turtle Hatchling Net

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is a great offer ...the free upgrade in september and october if u renew a old account.....i wondered why id been seeing a lot more new houses placed...lolz....anyways ill be doing the same i guess....

wonders what the price will be for those after october...anyine heard any whispers...guessing $9.99 ot therabouts

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
probably more than that. this is an "expansion" not a booster.
expansions are around $29.99 us - that is what the stygian abyss cost.
boosters are $9.99 to $12.99 thereabouts

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so just logged in...mmm .

moongate says royal city and eodan

but the moongate to eodan still not there...

Last edited:

Barok

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The new Eodan area is on the Ter Mur map. Once your server is updated you will see 'Royal City' and 'Eodan' on the Ter Mur menu.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
but on europa we patch b4 the usa shards and the usa shards are all working

looks like its busted on europa....

oh well... what was the server rare this time...damn it.....

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so just logged in...mmm .

moongate says royal city and eodan

sorry we have to got the the royal city to get to the lost land....?? did i miss something

in testing we had a direct moongate to this mysterious lost land that was made....not via the royal city??
Europa went down for maintenance as usual but no expansion yet.

ATL went down and its live there.

*confused*

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Kyronix after restart on Europe,the new addon didn't appear ((
Certainly something not right. I still have gold in the bank. No sign of Anniversary stuff. No destination in Eodan altho Eondon itself is now on the Moongate destinations. Prob more so it is definitely not worldwide on Europa as of right now.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Europa waits with baited breath......fix fix fix....

think its gonna be a wait untill the usa devs wake up and go to work...guessing that gonna be sometime early afternoon.....

Damn it!!!!

Armani Exchange

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I don't think it's an issue, they said that servers will be updated on the 8th, bearing in mind that is a US company, so technically, Europa and Drachenfels servers did not go down on the 8th but more around 11pm Yesterday, that's the way I see it.

Necron87

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There was a mistake on the server - in the menu gate Ter Mur - Eadon,but in Eadon it is impossible to get

Sir_Bolo

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't think it's an issue
I don't think it's a technical issue either, but I still think it's a communication issue - with 18 years of experience in running a worldwide service, they should have some experience with time zone differences when writing global announcements...

Since it's not the first time, I was expecting not to see the Publish on server up on Europa this morning, but many other players are unnecessarily disappointed.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
but on europa we patch b4 the usa shards and the usa shards are all working

looks like its busted on europa....

oh well... what was the server rare this time...damn it.....
get what you pay for ; P

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Where do you get the recipes for the new craftable armor and clothes?

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Where do you get the recipes for the new craftable armor and clothes?
You grind and grind...then you grind some more. The drop rate on them is unacceptably low.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
You grind and grind...then you grind some more. The drop rate on them is unacceptably low.
In the patch notes they said:
Added Tiger Armor to randomly generated loot in the Valley of Eodon.

So maybe they will be easier to get now..I know I got one off a tiger and one when I killed a vampire bat.

Some friends got them during the Dragon Turtle Champ spawn...so now that it's global we'll have to go see how they drop now.

I am wearing a luck suit, as they said it helps but so far I've only gotten 2.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
In the patch notes they said:
Added Tiger Armor to randomly generated loot in the Valley of Eodon.
That's just the tiger armor art as normal magic items. Its like SE or SA armor being added to the loot tables. :oops:

I did the Dragon turtle 3 times, killing ridiculous amounts on my sampire and no scrolls...did get an egg tho, so that made up for it :p

The dragon turtle loot is still rather anemic though...

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
That's just the tiger armor art as normal magic items. Its like SE or SA armor being added to the loot tables. :oops:

I did the Dragon turtle 3 times, killing ridiculous amounts on my sampire and no scrolls...did get an egg tho, so that made up for it :p

The dragon turtle loot is still rather anemic though...
Ohh DOH! :/ sorry not enough coffee yet lol.

Gratz on the Egg! I love my baby turtle lol.

And yeah the last patch to Origin they said they tweaked the loot on the Dragon Turtle and it was still pathetic...though to be fair there was a bazillion people doing the spawn all the time...maybe now that everyone has gone home we'll see how it is. With 15+ people doing it the loot isn't going to be that great on your instanced corpse..all I ever got was 100 or so gold and a few arrows..maybe a piece of armor but that was it.

I also tried with my archer with almost 2k luck, my sampire to kill as many and as fast as I can..and the tamer...so far no luck with the recipes....maybe they'll adjust the drop rate....so far we've gotten the short and long skirt and the collar between the guild..gonna take a long time to make a whole suit at this rate!

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Stealables – There are several stealables hidden throughout the Valley that spawn randomly.
  • Stretched Dinosaur Hide
  • Carved Myrmidex Glyph
  • Waku on a Spit
  • Sacred Lava Rock
  • Hand Carved White Tiger Figurine
  • Dragon Turtle Hatchling Net
Where? I got on at server up ran all over and didn't see anything. I suppose its possible someone beat me to them, but I really doubt it. The only people I saw that were on were doing the turtle.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I suppose I should go ahead and warn anyone about to do a shard transfer to Europa or Drachenfels.......DONT,
your stuff will be at risk of loss due to the shard not being at the same patch level as other shards.

This may not be the case but I wouldn't risk it anyway just to be safe. ;)

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Where? I got on at server up ran all over and didn't see anything. I suppose its possible someone beat me to them, but I really doubt it. The only people I saw that were on were doing the turtle.
lol, those things have already been script tagged from Origin ready for the switch on this morning.
You probably had like 5 seconds to get to the exact spot before the items vanished into a silent visage of a persona.

SoBad

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I suppose I should go ahead and warn anyone about to do a shard transfer to Europa or Drachenfels.......DONT,
your stuff will be at risk of loss due to the shard not being at the same patch level as other shards.

This may not be the case but I wouldn't risk it anyway just to be safe. ;)
Shard transfer should be turned off just for this reason.

It says so in the WorldWide announcement. *shrug*

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron

The Armory spawn is fine and was adjusted once during tc

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Shard transfer should be turned off just for this reason.

It says so in the WorldWide announcement. *shrug*
Yeah but they don't seem to be able to use a Calendar correctly anyway so best to be safe :p

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK so I just went in and saw Hawkwind near the gate where you enter. He tells me that I have to go and Ilhenir the Stained in Bedlam. If I just f**k him off and don't do this what am I gonna miss?

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Havent done it yet but I'm pretty sure that's the quest to get the Masteries book.

Sir_Bolo

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
OK so I just went in and saw Hawkwind near the gate where you enter. He tells me that I have to go and Ilhenir the Stained in Bedlam. If I just f**k him off and don't do this what am I gonna miss?
You won't get the Mastery Book, so you won't be able to use any Mastery ability even if you read the Primers...
But you can always abandon the quest and go back to Hawkwind after one hour, he should give you a different boss monster as quest goal.
Or you can simply get the Book from someone else.