• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Testing Vaults on TC1

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings All, We are pleased to announce the vault system will be available for testing on TC1 by July 17th, 2018 at 3pm ET. The vault system will be accessible to all players. Players must use the gates provided at the Britain Commons to access the Vault Tokens. We want to give everyone interested in the vault system time to provide feedback, so head on over to TC1 and check them out! You can read all about the vault details here. Don’t forget to send us your feedback feedback. For testing purposes all vault rentals will last 24 hours instead […]

Continue reading...

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Quick Guide:

Once you purchase a token, you talk to one of the vault managers...the locations are as follows:

Vault Locations.jpg

Open the context menu to rent a vault:

Context Menu.jpg

Once you've rented a vault, you are given a vault number:

Vault Number.jpg

Double-clicking the chest will teleport you to the wall of vaults where you can withdraw and deposit items.

By selecting the Claim Vault Option, you are asked which vault you would like to claim. Click on the chest and it will put the entire chest into your backpack, closing the vault. After you do this, you must rent another vault if you want one so do NOT claim your vault unless you really want to.

Because we are given 2 vault tokens on Test Center, I claimed another vault and put the first vault into it:

FirstIntoSecond.jpg

Logged onto a second character and was able to access the contents of the vault.

It's a good system, will wait until the 24-hour timer to see what happens when a vault goes unpaid.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wish they would make the gump bigger. Why do they keep using the tiny chest gump when they could of used a much larger one like the secret chest.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Also the location you rent your vault at is the ONLY location you can access it...so if you rent a vault in Brit, you can't access it from anywhere else.

grimiz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
what the... is this for EJ or something?

I must be missing something. who in their right mind would think THIS is a feature that UO needs right now?

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's for everyone, but EJers can use them to be able to securely store more than 27 items. It will also bring in $3 a month per vault.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Also the location you rent your vault at is the ONLY location you can access it...so if you rent a vault in Brit, you can't access it from anywhere else.
Reminds me of the old days where the stable you left your animals in was the stable you had to collect them from...Now where did I leave my pack horse...

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Vault would be more interesting if they could add something like safe cracking, lock picking NPC vault boxes, or some kind of vault robber quest. You can either participate in as a robber or stopping it.

It should say Blackthorns Mini-Storage units for rent.:D:p

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Quick Guide:

Once you purchase a token, you talk to one of the vault managers...the locations are as follows:

View attachment 84181

Open the context menu to rent a vault:

View attachment 84180

Once you've rented a vault, you are given a vault number:

View attachment 84182

Double-clicking the chest will teleport you to the wall of vaults where you can withdraw and deposit items.

By selecting the Claim Vault Option, you are asked which vault you would like to claim. Click on the chest and it will put the entire chest into your backpack, closing the vault. After you do this, you must rent another vault if you want one so do NOT claim your vault unless you really want to.

Because we are given 2 vault tokens on Test Center, I claimed another vault and put the first vault into it:

View attachment 84183

Logged onto a second character and was able to access the contents of the vault.

It's a good system, will wait until the 24-hour timer to see what happens when a vault goes unpaid.
With that vault number, do you have to worry about radscorpions and post-apocalyptic raiders when you open it?

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wait, I'm lost again. You claim the vault to get something out of it, and you have to purchase another to put the stuff back in?!?!?! You can't just reuse it all month for the $3?

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
With that vault number, do you have to worry about radscorpions and post-apocalyptic raiders when you open it?
RadRaptor.jpg

Yeah....about that...

I drew the short straw on that one, let me tell ya! ;)

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Wait, I'm lost again. You claim the vault to get something out of it, and you have to purchase another to put the stuff back in?!?!?! You can't just reuse it all month for the $3?
No no no....you get the vault for 30 days but there is an option to claim it..IF you claim it, you get the whole chest and the vault will be closed....that's why I said do NOT chose the claim vault option if you intend on using it for the full 30 days otherwise you will have to purchase another vault token.

Sir_Bolo

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Does the Claim Vault option come with a warning gump at least?
There is a gump, but the warning should be more explicit... It just says "Are you sure that you wish to claim this vault?" (or something similar)

Sir_Bolo

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I noticed something strange in the "Vault actions" menu: reading the tooltips and the menu, it seems that there was supposed to be an option to deposit in-game gold into the vault rent account to pay for the vault (in alternative to tokens), but this doesn't seem to be implemented. I wonder if this is just a leftover of a discarded idea or if it's going to be added later.

Potgut

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So for paid accounts this vault is pretty much useless unless for some forsaken reason you really super need that extra 125 storage space that you can't somehow inch out from your house and don't want to use a boat for storage?

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
So for paid accounts this vault is pretty much useless unless for some forsaken reason you really super need that extra 125 storage space that you can't somehow inch out from your house and don't want to use a boat for storage?
or your doing some playing on another shard that your house isnt on and you need some extra room to store some stuff.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Can all characters on the account access/share the vault?
Yes that's what the vault was designed for, specifically EJ accounts that can't have houses it's an easy way to transfer items between characters, very nice.

Coco_Zamis_DF

Lore Keeper
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That doesnt help ej Chars with 30 items in bank, where two are soulstones and 28 are runes.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
That doesnt help ej Chars with 30 items in bank, where two are soulstones and 28 are runes.
It actually does because you can open your bank from the vault and take items from your bank and put them right into your vault.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
And it cost 3 dollar per month for a chest I can open only from one place?
Yeah kind of like a post office box...you can't rent a PO Box in one city and expect to open it in another....that and I think it might help with server load a bit but I'm just guessing on that.

funkymonkey

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So does this mean i can finally empty my bank or do I have to purchase a vault token to do it ?

Also can I just use the bank for the 23 items and not use a vault ?

Can some also test if you can use commodities deeds when having a vault please

The best option which I use currently is have an mule ej account to hold all my items

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't know why, but this game is starting to smell like a ransomware :D
I mean, if you have a paid account, you have to keep paying or you lose the house and all the items inside. If you play with EJ, you are basically forced to used this vault (I don't see how you can play with 20 items slots in bank), and keep paying for it or lose the items. So in the end they have no way to hook up people to the game if not with a "blackmail" of losing everything if they stop playing (paying)? :lol:

No but seriously this feature will work much better if it was made to work across shards, but they'll never do that or noone will ever buy a transfer token ever again :D

morPR

PRmeister
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow. So a returning player can pay $12.99 to re surb for a month then get 3000 soveriegns for $30... thus you'ld have the opporttunity of storing some of your resources from bank boxes and place into a vault. Each month costs just 3 sov. That's, what, 100 months of storage (as long as you invest all the sovs at once into the vault rental)for just $45 investment? That's almost as good as paying for two months of subbing plus $15 sov....

Forgive my horrible math. But you live iwth EJ restricitons ... no custom house .... no vet rewards. But that's a pretty awesome deal.

A new player can get some nice items from the Ultima Store and sell those items ingame for several million GP plus 10 months of vault keeping. I forget which item, but it was sold for 2k sov and raked in 150m in profit.

EDIT: I think the Mythic Token sold for 150m....

Last edited:

Cymidei

UO Pacific News Reporter
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
Losing items is bad. Why did they choose that instead of making the vault inaccessible until you pay up? What is this obsession with heavily penalizing players for periods of inactivity? Most people are going to have an inactive period at some point: military service, life, etc. They don’t deserve to lose it all. Deal breaker!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
For those of you who don't use the official forums (which, by now, you all should be doing!)

aucxtion.jpg

So they did put that in...very cool.

biidding.jpg

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hopefully they ahve it fixed whre the auction winner doesn't have to move everything at once...weight limits on chars and item counts, ya know.

Did they take that into consideration?

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Hopefully they ahve it fixed whre the auction winner doesn't have to move everything at once...weight limits on chars and item counts, ya know.

Did they take that into consideration?
He said you have 3 days to collect it so that should give plenty of time to figure out where to put all the stuff.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
He said you have 3 days to collect it so that should give plenty of time to figure out where to put all the stuff.
I know, I mean I hope they thought to fix it where we can access it several times over that three days, taking it out in increments instead of having to take it all at once and then not being able to carry it.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I know, I mean I hope they thought to fix it where we can access it several times over that three days, taking it out in increments instead of having to take it all at once and then not being able to carry it.
Good question! I posted that over on the official forums so hopefully Bleak will answer that for us...never even thought about it, just figured it might work the same as when you copy a character to TC and you have so many days to empty out whatever it is you brought over..hopefully it will work like that.

Angleswings

Adventurer
:facepalm: $3 and all the trouble and no House and a bunch of other restriction, is it really worthy the Headache???

Just pay $12 and be done with!!, We live in a world where Time is Money and you have to go thru this whole headache on figure things up and so many "Do" and "Dont" to save $10?? Wth is $10 nowadays......:next:

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The vault system is a fraud,it forces everyone to get a vault to get items out of their bank box assuming they have over 20 items in it.
Tbh im not a fan of these hustler methods.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
is there a 10 mins rule for auction safes? I hope people wont be able to somehow time the vault auction safes to get last bid in just before it ends. someone will probably figure/develope something lol. I think resources should just be deleted, too much out there. just my opinions. im also guessing its for one shard only.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
EJ accounts can not post there.

Are the auction safes at each vault city or just in Brit?
Don't need an account to read.....

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Vault would be more interesting if they could add something like safe cracking, lock picking NPC vault boxes, or some kind of vault robber quest. You can either participate in as a robber or stopping it.
I like the way you think...

Cerwin Vega

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
At 3 dollars a month I feel its a system that will be wasted... paying with gold to rent the vault would have been a better gold sink than just the auction part but it seems they are only worried about getting us to spend more and more real cash.

Last edited:

Penderrin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
:facepalm: $3 and all the trouble and no House and a bunch of other restriction, is it really worthy the Headache???

Just pay $12 and be done with!!, We live in a world where Time is Money and you have to go thru this whole headache on figure things up and so many "Do" and "Dont" to save $10?? Wth is $10 nowadays......:next:
It all sounds like a psychological lure to snag the EJs. They give them some cheap vault storage but make sure it's a PITA to deal with. After a few months the EJ will tire of the hassle but now have aquired a few more coveted items and the belongings will no longer fit snuggly into a bank box.

Like you said, what's 10 more bucks and a house to come with it. Hook set for the full subscription... You hit the nail on the head.

It reminds me of the movie popcorn size trick. Not quite the same but as clever. They know what they are doing. It was never intended just as a cheaper alternative.

Perhaps I am just paranoid and/or clueless.

All said and done I am often reminded that a subscription or three packs more entertainment per dollar than practically anything else. And if this tool fishes more people into a subscription than just the EJ alone I really wouldn't mind seeing the land fill with houses again.

Last edited:

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Don't need an account to read.....
What exactly is your point?
If I can't post in a forum, I'm not interested in reading it.
They decided to lock out EJ accounts from posting, which means I don't care, what's going on there.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
There should at least be a small section just for EJ players to post feedback, they are still playing UO and they are all potential customers, why annoy your potential customers this way? Or are they just afraid of EJ players having an opinion and pointing out the defects of EJ? I honestly cannot understand why they would alienate people like that. So they make an official forum and then force part of the player-base to post elsewhere....not logical.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think they are worried that ej accounts can be chain created and spam on the forums
1 could wreak havoc on the forums
Rmt cites could spam daily etc.

Not sure what the fix is but ej accounts should have a voice