• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Spring Has Sprung! A Special Gift For You!

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings, To celebrate the dawn of the season of rebirth an “Enchanted Wheelbarrow” can be claimed on all shards after 2pm ET on April 5, 2018 by veteran accounts for the next 5 days by visiting the Britain Commons and using the genie statue. Enjoy! The genie statues will be placed manually, so please allow some time for placement before visiting the commons. Happy Spring!

Continue reading...

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Not that I'm into the planting system but this is still a great gift, as it's functional and gameplay related. Good job and thanks devs :thumbup:

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Not that I'm into the planting system but this is still a great gift, as it's functional and gameplay related. Good job and thanks devs :thumbup:
its functional how?
what does it do?

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Still hoping we'll be able to GROW partially hue-able plants and not just get them from this....but still very happy that we are getting them...and the graphic looks amazing too...thank you team for taking time out of your busy schedules to give this to us :) Happy Spring!

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
That's cute and I like the flowers. I hope they are breedable. I have a lot of paint bucket plants to replace.

Last edited:

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
never mine, followed the multi-links and found it

Enchanted Wheelbarrow

• Spring 2018 Promotional item
  • Can be used once per week to obtain a partially hueable artificial plant that matches plants available through the gardening system.
  • Must be locked down or secured to use.
  • Can only be used by veteran accounts.
  • Can by dyed with natural dyes.
  • Chance at receiving 1 of 8 rare hued plants.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Still hoping we'll be able to GROW partially hue-able plants and not just get them from this....but still very happy that we are getting them...and the graphic looks amazing too...thank you team for taking time out of your busy schedules to give this to us :) Happy Spring!
its functional how?
what does it do?
If you click on ~Continue Reading~ you'll find out!

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor

If you click on ~Continue Reading~ you'll find out!
ya i already posted that i found it above.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What dyes can you use on them?

So there is no reason to garden now?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Are they new plants? What dyes can you use on them?
They are the same flowering plants we've always had only these won't look dipped in paint when you dye them.

Though I did note in the art files some of the plants in there with the partial hueing are "new" that you can't normally grow now whether or not these are going to be able to be obtained in this or not can't say.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Aww that's so pretty, many thanks to the Dev team! :thumbsup:

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is it one per character? Shard? Account?

Also, what is considered to be a veteran account?

EDIT: And more importantly, where is Britain Commons?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Is it one per character? Shard? Account?

Also, what is considered to be a veteran account?

EDIT: And more importantly, where is Britain Commons?
Britain Commons is so far only on the 3 Shards that are updated... Go to Origin and check that out it's East of Britain Bank...

Treasure Hunter

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
"can be claimed on all shards after 2pm ET on April 5" ... "The genie statues will be placed manually, so please allow some time for placement before visiting the commons."

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Veteran accounts I am assuming means no EJ accounts can claim it......and hopefully only one per account...though it would be nice if it was per character on this one...some not so much but this one would be nice :)

Probably not though...gotta keep those rare plants rare! lol

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It would be nice if we could get all the plants changed to these and make this the current colored plants.

I wonder what happens if they are clipped

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Can the new plants be dyed with clean up dyes or tokuno dyes?
They can be dyed with PLANT DYES....
I think the wheelbarrows can be dyed with natural dyes, but I'm a little fuzzy on exactly what "partially hueable artificial plants" means. How does an artificial plant materialize in the wheelbarrow? (It says "obtain", not "grow"...) Are we dying fake plants with real plants? I feel like there is some kind of social commentary to be made here. I guess we'll see tomorrow.

Regardless, I am pleased to FINALLY be able to have partially hued plants. Even if they are plastic? :confused:

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think the wheelbarrows can be dyed with natural dyes, but I'm a little fuzzy on exactly what "partially hueable artificial plants" means. How does an artificial plant materialize in the wheelbarrow? (It says "obtain", not "grow"...) Are we dying fake plants with real plants? I feel like there is some kind of social commentary to be made here. I guess we'll see tomorrow.

Regardless, I am pleased to FINALLY be able to have partially hued plants. Even if they are plastic? :confused:
Double click the wagon, get a plant in your pack - either a rare hued one, or a white* one. Then you can dye it with natural dyes to suit your decor.

* the white (dyeable) area is the "flower" part of the plant.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Double click the wagon, get a plant in your pack - either a rare hued one, or a white* one. Then you can dye it with natural dyes to suit your decor.

* the white (dyeable) area is the "flower" part of the plant.
Ahh. Okay. Are they on TC?

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ahh. Okay. Are they on TC?
Only one of the new plants is on TC1, the foxglove around the statue of Blackthorn in the Commons. But, I've seen the rest of the new plant art while snooping in the files.

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Only one of the new plants is on TC1, the foxglove around the statue of Blackthorn in the Commons. But, I've seen the rest of the new plant art while snooping in the files.
Ditto.

Mene (DF)

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
..... east of british commons...... *sigh* - again some of this featureless explanations for no english speaking peoples :spider:

where plz is this located? .... - is commons a special house or just a place or just a word? East of Britain or British ;) could be everywhere -
It's like searching nails in hay

and yes I had a look on Origin where it could be - found nothing -

Correction: found something on TC - this must be the new Britain Commons *shine*
but found no genie

upload_2018-4-5_9-12-53.png

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
..... east of british commons...... *sigh* - again some of this featureless explanations for no english speaking peoples :spider:

where plz is this located? .... - is commons a special house or just a place or just a word? East of Britain or British ;) could be everywhere -
It's like searching nails in hay

and yes I had a look on Origin where it could be - found nothing -

Correction: found something on TC - this must be the new Britain Commons *shine*
but found no genie

View attachment 79645
Genie will not be placed until sometime tomorrow afternoon... give it 12 hours...

Belmarduk

Adventurer
Yes also waiting, please be advised if you think you can plant us, then you are on the woodway
Aslong as we get it before Happy Cadaver ( 31st May )...
Greets

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hate this and love this at the same time.

1) I love that we now have access to partial hue plants! Something i have wanted for soooooooooooooooooooooooooo long. Decent looking wheelbarrow too!
2) I hate that they are only available via a limited access gift item rather than just through gardening. I mean really, they could have just given a breath of fresh air to a beloved but somewhat dusty system... instead just have a clicker. :/

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hesitant to praise new artist, she'll go find a better paying job

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
hesitant to praise new artist, she'll go find a better paying job
I hope she falls in Love with UO so much that she decides to take the time to update all the art to high res... on her own. But that's just a dream... and she never leaves.

I'm hoping she took on my Hiryu project... and makes the EC Hiryu look more like it's CC cousin and not some poor plucked mutant turkey.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just tried more than 1 account and all I could get is 1 per, nice

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I like that it has the shard name on it too, are they all like that?

An Enchanted Wheelbarrow Handbuilt by the Citizens of Origin

If so, make sure you pick it on the shard you want, that's cool :)

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
1 shard, 1 claim. I just tried.

So you can get one on every shard per account.
Ohhhh well that is interesting! Thank you for that little tidbit of information :)

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I like that it has the shard name on it too, are they all like that?

An Enchanted Wheelbarrow Handbuilt by the Citizens of Origin

If so, make sure you pick it on the shard you want, that's cool :)
They do have the name of the shard they were chosen on. They don't however say "Shard Bound". But they can't be used unless they are locked down. So, I wonder if you can take them to your home shard, lock them down there, and then use them all once a day on the same shard.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
They do have the name of the shard they were chosen on. They don't however say "Shard Bound". But they can't be used unless they are locked down. So, I wonder if you can take them to your home shard, lock them down there, and then use them all once a day on the same shard.
I am planning on trying!

Now just need to figure out how to get them all to Origin....

Cymidei

UO Pacific News Reporter
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
Greetings, To celebrate the dawn of the season of rebirth an “Enchanted Wheelbarrow” can be claimed on all shards after 2pm ET on April 5, 2018 by veteran accounts for the next 5 days by visiting the Britain Commons and using the genie statue. Enjoy! The genie statues will be placed manually, so please allow some time for placement before visiting the commons. Happy Spring!

Continue reading...
I love it!!! Well done!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gem

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Does anyone know where it is on Siege, please?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Speaking of Siege I logged in to find this outside my Zento house:

upload_2018-4-5_17-8-11.png