• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Special Alert! Krampus Spotted!

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
December 6, 2022 Special Alert! Citizens are advised to take caution as the vile creature known as Krampus has been spotted in the lands of Britannia! Krampus will conclude on or about January 5, 2023

Continue reading...

DasDarkOne

Adventurer
I'm still pretty new.
Where does one find krampus ?
And is he hard for a sampire to fight ?
Thanks for your response !

gwen

Slightly Crazed
I'm still pretty new.
Where does one find krampus ?
And is he hard for a sampire to fight ?
Thanks for your response !
He is very bad for samphire to fight : corrupted life aura. Better switch Necro to healing . Or use other templates : Ninja , mystic , etc....

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Sadly with as many tamers as I have they all are up to at least 4 or 5 things

gwen

Slightly Crazed
i wish we could choose to reset our city trade quest.
my poor tamer has to collect soooooo much stuff to do each quest!
put all Magery and Necro reagents and all potions in your runner bank box . And if bank box is not full - first 3 circle of Mage spells.
Saves a lot of time

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
He is very bad for samphire to fight : corrupted life aura. Better switch Necro to healing . Or use other templates : Ninja , mystic , etc....
He doesn't have corrupted leech on ATL... I use my sampire all the time.

Deschet

Journeyman
Not sure I've seen this answered elsewhere.

Can you run your 3 trade orders, log off if you have something else you need to do, and then log back on later to have your runs apply to the next Krampus round?

Ran 3 on LS earlier today and then had to wait another 2 hours before Krampus finally got popped. Don't have time for that (especially considering the number of people just standing around the trade ministers for those 2 hours).

Thanks

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not sure I've seen this answered elsewhere.

Can you run your 3 trade orders, log off if you have something else you need to do, and then log back on later to have your runs apply to the next Krampus round?

Ran 3 on LS earlier today and then had to wait another 2 hours before Krampus finally got popped. Don't have time for that (especially considering the number of people just standing around the trade ministers for those 2 hours).

Thanks
Yes

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Not sure if anyone knows the answer to this or not but I'm curious to know.

I know we need to RUN 3 trade runs (ie no moongates) to get a Krampus drop guarantee. I also know that Krampus has a chance of spawning after 20 or so trade runs (I think it's 20+ or 25+).

So my question is; for spawning Krampus do those 20+ orders that go towards spawning him need to be RUN or just completed (ie turned in). Said a different way, will the levels of ambushers keep increasing (eventually to Krampus or even minions) even if using moongates?

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Part 3 of the UO-CAH write-up explicitly states "For a trade order run to count, you cannot use a moongate." So according to them, they need to be 'run'.
That's for the run to count towards your 3 trade runs for the guaranteed drop (it's under the reward section - ie section 3). So if someone runs 3 trade runs via the moongate they wouldn't get the guarantee. I'm aware of that part but I don't think that explicitly means towards spawning Krampus.

Chrille

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
That's for the run to count towards your 3 trade runs for the guaranteed drop (it's under the reward section - ie section 3). So if someone runs 3 trade runs via the moongate they wouldn't get the guarantee. I'm aware of that part but I don't think that explicitly means towards spawning Krampus.
here it says the same as Deschet tells you.

Deschet

Journeyman
@Keven2002. Now understand what you're asking, which is a different question than the one I answered. Link that @Chrille posted says 'moongate shortcuts don't contribute to spawning Krampus'. Think that actually answers your question.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The poster who asked if runs are saved.

You can do 1 run per day, week whatever, and log off and they are saved.
You can do 3 runs and log off and do 3 runs on another toon on the same account. Both will have the drop guarantee when they fight Krampus.
As said, your runs only reset if you get looting rights on Krampus.

They designed the system very well.

Also you can cancel runs. I start in Minoc and only accept Vesper or Brit.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Picture of Candy Staff made from each wood please.
Thanks

Deschet

Journeyman
Thought I saw there was a garg vs. human version in the crafting menu. Would love to see the difference there. Think I got the non-garg version 1st run this year. :cool:

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Thought I saw there was a garg vs. human version in the crafting menu. Would love to see the difference there. Think I got the non-garg version 1st run this year. :cool:
They look the same just faced the other way. And you can make both with the one recipe.

1670725269687.png 1670725286072.png

mihali

Sage
Krampus looks like a demon type monster. Does it have a slayer susceptibility as expected (Demon)?
Also its nasty little minions do they have slayers / resists posted somewhere? Ty in advance.

dvv

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Would be great if tinkerers could get some runic kits so we could reforge these.

Deschet

Journeyman
Do shield orb recipes drop for gargoyles?

Wondering since I'm pretty sure minion hats/boots only drop for humans/elves and earring/talons only drop for gargoyles. Trying to figure out which toon I should be running for the last recipe I'm missing.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

Wondering since I'm pretty sure minion hats/boots only drop for humans/elves and earring/talons only drop for gargoyles. Trying to figure out which toon I should be running for the last recipe I'm missing.
Gargoyles can equip so I'd assume no

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

To my knowledge the orb recipe isn't specifically related to any race and would be attainable for any toon you use.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Can anyone help confirm that once minions start spawning that marks the 20th (or maybe 21st) trade run needed to spawn Krampus?

Wondering if anyone has experience with spawning Krampus because up until today I thought we had to keep turning in trade runs until he spawned (going up to 30 + trade runs at times). During early hours when I play that's a pretty big annoyance filling the 5x runs and running them to towns every time. Wondering if once minions spawn if we can just run up and down the road to spawn stuff until Krampus spawns.

Last edited:

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Can anyone help confirm that once minions start spawning that marks the 20th (or maybe 21st) trade run needed to spawn Krampus?

Wondering if anyone has experience with spawning Krampus because up until today I thought we had to keep turning in trade runs until he spawned (going up to 30 + trade runs at times). During early hours when I play that's a pretty big annoyance filling the 5x runs and running them to towns every time. Wondering if once minions spawn if we can just run up and down the road to spawn stuff until Krampus spawns.
I believe minions represent the last wave of monsters prior to Krampus. Each wave requires a certain number of turn ins to advance. Very similar to a champ spawn… if you want to spawn the boss, you have to advance through the final wave. In the case of Krampus, you do need to turn in trade orders to advance from minions to Krampus.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
ive wondered about this myself.
being on a small shard there have been nights when it was just 3 or 4 guildmates running the trade quests and it would pop a Krampus.
and i would think to myself.... no one just finished or just started a trade quest, we are all right in the middle of our runs.
so does that mean we just need to do a preset amount of minion spawns OR did we hit the top out on one of our last turn ins and then the next trade run started it will spawn the Krampus any time after?
only the Dev's know.... and maybe not even them anymore.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
ive wondered about this myself.
being on a small shard there have been nights when it was just 3 or 4 guildmates running the trade quests and it would pop a Krampus.
and i would think to myself.... no one just finished or just started a trade quest, we are all right in the middle of our runs.
so does that mean we just need to do a preset amount of minion spawns OR did we hit the top out on one of our last turn ins and then the next trade run started it will spawn the Krampus any time after?
only the Dev's know.... and maybe not even them anymore.
It is my understanding that once the required number of trade runs have been turned in (which may be a fixed number or a range) that Krampus will spawn as the attacker (in lue of minions)… which means someone has to be running a trade order to trigger the spawn of Krampus.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
It is my understanding that once the required number of trade runs have been turned in (which may be a fixed number or a range) that Krampus will spawn as the attacker (in lue of minions)… which means someone has to be running a trade order to trigger the spawn of Krampus.
It was said in another thread that another possibility would be that on trade run number 21 being turned (assuming that's 20+) that minions begin to spawn. Each time minions spawn there is a chance it's Krampus (each time minions spawn without Krampus, the next spawn increases the odds of it being Krampus...almost like GGS for skills). This would mean that when you see minions spawning, then technically all you need to do is run around outside of town with a trade run (don't actually need to turn it in).

I've tried to experiment with this on ATL the last few days but it's tough because I never know if Krampus is spawning because people turned in trades or just running around. It's also hard to know how many trade runs actually have been turned in because half the ppl on ATL don't communicate in Gen Chat. Probably would need to do this on a dead shard when nobody else is on to verify... but not sure it matters that much to actually test that.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It was said in another thread that another possibility would be that on trade run number 21 being turned (assuming that's 20+) that minions begin to spawn. Each time minions spawn there is a chance it's Krampus (each time minions spawn without Krampus, the next spawn increases the odds of it being Krampus...almost like GGS for skills). This would mean that when you see minions spawning, then technically all you need to do is run around outside of town with a trade run (don't actually need to turn it in).

I've tried to experiment with this on ATL the last few days but it's tough because I never know if Krampus is spawning because people turned in trades or just running around. It's also hard to know how many trade runs actually have been turned in because half the ppl on ATL don't communicate in Gen Chat. Probably would need to do this on a dead shard when nobody else is on to verify... but not sure it matters that much to actually test that.
I’ve done a little testing on Napa and I’ve never seen a Krampus spawn on the first or second round of minions, regardless of how much if run back and forth without turning anything in.