• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Reminder! 1 Day Left for Publish 101 Keep & Castle Submissions!

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
August 21, 2018 This is a reminder that there is 1 day left to submit your keep & castle designs for consideration in the Publish 101 Keep & Castle Design Contest! Good luck! Also remember, that if you didn’t get a chance to make a submission during this round, the contest will run once during each publish cycle! Voting will start Wednesday, August 22, 2018 4:05:03 PM ET Voting will end Wednesday, August 29, 2018 4:05:03 PM ET

Continue reading...

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Finally we got some dates! I thought it ended today and the voting started later today, so in the end I just left mine as it was.

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am going to ask. Is it one keep vote, one castle vote per active account ?

Never had a signature, Do now... Plots for all!

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I thought it was already over.

:facepalm:

Mrsbug

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I wish Mesanna would have picked a group of people to pick about 20 castles and keeps ….and that is what we would vote on. I can see this ending up with a castle that no one will use except the person that designed it. :(

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well issue I have BAD is we should have been told NAME house before you submit it. Who in their right mind will go see 100 or so unnamed house? Ewww! Good issue is you cannot see vote numbers, if that actually matters. I fear winners will be all castles, yes ? No? Maybe? Met many nice players so yay!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The pages hold their spots so you can go from one to the next.

There are some awesome designers out there.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just so y'all are aware.
It's ONE vote per account on either a Castle OR Keep.....Not both.
Once you have voted, that's it. No Takey-backsies
Oh, and there is like 300+ designs so ...erm...yeah ;)

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This timer between visiting houses is way too long. Sometimes you go to one and you just know it isn't the one for you. So you go back and then have to sit there for a couple minutes to wait out a timer...

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Some of the ones I visited had stairs that were not possible from the customise menu and others had a bunch of ladders, I don't want to use ladders. A few were little more than walls and one was just a blank plot. I agree with Dot, some of these designs won't even be considered by the Dev team, so why are we wasting time on them?

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Some of the ones I visited had stairs that were not possible from the customise menu and others had a bunch of ladders, I don't want to use ladders. A few were little more than walls and one was just a blank plot. I agree with Dot, some of these designs won't even be considered by the Dev team, so why are we wasting time on them?
My castle design has ladders, but only one of them is visible :p

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm seeing quite a few houses with designs that I like but made with sandstone or brick/granite/whatever it is (the small white stone). Can you craft those with stonecrafting and I've just been missing it? It makes those open designs hard for me to consider if not.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm seeing quite a few houses with designs that I like but made with sandstone or brick/granite/whatever it is (the small white stone). Can you craft those with stonecrafting and I've just been missing it? It makes those open designs hard for me to consider if not.
I'm hoping it will happen since they let us use whatever we wanted to customize with. I'm tired of the blah grey stone castles here is a chance to get something different to work with. I would even use the stoncrafting in new design castles and make it work. its nice to be able to dye the granite walls etc.
just vote for what you like

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I'm hoping it will happen since they let us use whatever we wanted to customize with. I'm tired of the blah grey stone castles here is a chance to get something different to work with. I would even use the stoncrafting in new design castles and make it work. its nice to be able to dye the granite walls etc.
just vote for what you like
You can dye a lot of the granite to be complimentary to different styles of walls, and if we get some new material castle designs, maybe we can ask nicely for the complimentary pieces to be crafted

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Devs "were" ment to pass each house design past a QA check before putting it onto the stone for voting...
….it's very clear they couldn't be bothered and just dumped the whole lot onto the stone.
….but hey, why start doing things properly now, right??

Last edited:

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The Devs "were" ment to pass each house design past a QA check before putting it onto the stone for voting...
….it's very clear they couldn't be bothered and just dumped the whole lot onto the stone.
….but hey, why start doing things properly now, right??

The same QA that found nothing wrong with the design tool crashing every other minute?

But then they know most players left long ago and those still here basically keep up with everything no matter how bad and untested it is.:pint:

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I've seen some truly beautiful designs but unfortunately they often have very little usable space inside. I don't want anything with multiple doors as I hate the things, front door only will do. Also it needs to be a Keep not a castle so I guess I won't be getting a new design anyway. There aren't many Keeps and I don't think most people will waste their one vote on anything but a Castle they really like. I was so happy when they included Keeps too, looks like I'm keeping my 18x18. :(

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've seen some truly beautiful designs but unfortunately they often have very little usable space inside. I don't want anything with multiple doors as I hate the things, front door only will do. Also it needs to be a Keep not a castle so I guess I won't be getting a new design anyway. There aren't many Keeps and I don't think most people will waste their one vote on anything but a Castle they really like. I was so happy when they included Keeps too, looks like I'm keeping my 18x18. :(
Ahh, did you make the mistake of thinking they are running this competition for the "actual" players of UO..... :rolleyes::grin:

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Argh I've almost hit the voting button instead of the visit one about 6 times now! I'm getting so annoyed! Grrrr....

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've heard people mentioning the quality work and very useable castle space at #114...…..
I wonder who's that was...…

(only made funnier as I deleted the plot a week after the comp launched after we found out Trees blocked placement)

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Your plot is not there but it's still on the list?? Ummmm....

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
oh no the plot is still there too, I was playing around with designing while we had the chance but didn't enter a new design after committing, guess it just took the old entry and restored it.

Delores D

Journeyman
My castle in Malas is sandstone ( old eyes need something bright). Number 251, it has open spaces and few rooms. Grass for all the gardeners out there, room on the 2nd floor for crafts. It is built so it can also be used for a guild house with plenty of room.

I also have a keep in Tram. it is number 46.

It is to bad they did not let us vote on one each.

Chrille

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Wonder if the devs will correct design misstakes, some of the entrys have missing flooor tiles, missplaced items and such.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wouldn't worry too much about it.
The "winning designs" have already been chosen, this is all just for show.
That's why the whole thing is so poorly released.
:tinhat:

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
People are posting favorites some other place, so me too!
Castle 67.
Keep 137 also 62, 175 , 186

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
My Keep short-list : 23 66 72 at the moment I favour 72.
My husband's castle short-list : 94 96 104 118 126 140 152 213 224 227 231 271 278
We'll make a final decision this evening.

edit : hubby didn't like the interiors of any castles on his short list. :(
I will vote for Keep 72

Last edited: