• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish to Origin and Izumo Today (3/17/2014)

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Found a bug. Open the search gump. Now open your paperdoll. Now click on logout. The logout gump is behind the search gump; you can't right click away the search gump, and you can't see the logout gump to click anything there either.

Dol'Gorath

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Secured in a house, the puppies and kittens do move like they are asleep.... pretty sure it's not necromancy reanimating them...
Umbra's latest export, new necromantic pets! They will grow old with you and NEVER die and make you sad and depressed like your OLD living pets! They never die because they are already dead, but, alive still, through necromancy! Never be sad and alone again!

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So here are the cities I have come across so far:

Nujel'm
New Mag
Moonglow
Delucia
Royal City
Umbra
Ocllo
Cove
Britain
Lakeshire
Trinsic

The publish notes mention tht 1 location is rare. Anyone knows which is it ?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
/facepalm
.......how about an internal house search? lol

I have been begging for years now that the Devs gave us, perhaps as a veteran reward tool that all ages can use, a tool that can be used to search the entire possessions of an account, all of the House secures/lock downs tied to that account, characters' backpacks/bank boxes.........
I can't remember how many times I have been looking for an item I remembered I had but could not remember where I put it.......... such a tool would help us find again long lost items !!!

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
/facepalm

instead of praising an illegal third party search site which uses scripts to make money off the game
Indeed, and I'm not saying "that" site specifically does this, but at least "one" of the sites that sells things for real money has been known to sell duped items.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So here are the cities I have come across so far:

Nujel'm
New Mag
Moonglow
Delucia
Royal City
Umbra
Ocllo
Cove
Britain
Lakeshire
Trinsic

I also got, so far, in addition to the above,

Wind
Holy City
Jhelom
Skara Brae
New Haven
Luna
Zento

Of the ones I have seen as reported so far, out of these 2 shards, Origin and Izumo, I have not received
New Magincia, Moonglow, Delucia, Cove, Britain, Lakeshire and Blathorn Castle.

Not sure whether the "rare" location is one of these or yet another one not shown up so far to anyone.

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I've received 2 Papua, 1 New Maginica, 2 Moonglow and one I can't recall right now.

Lexfixr

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
this could be a bug was in middle of search had recalled by map to vendor then lost conn now when I come back on line vendor search is greyed out have dropped the map waited an hour logged into both clients still no go

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I noticed that the search results do not properly display Japanese symbols. Here is an example showing the tooltip display for a rune that was for sale (on Origin) in the search results and also on the actual rune itself in the vendor's backpack.

language display problem.jpg

I'm excited to see how much progress has been made with the vendor search feature. However, I really wish it would tell you how many results are found with a particular search. You get the first 25 results and if you want to see more, you have to wait for them to be loaded. There is nothing to tell you the total number of results that were found so you have any idea whether it makes any sense to even attempt to sort the results by price, high to low or low to high. Also, when you are paging through each set of 25 results, they are displayed 5 per page and there is no page numbering on those pages to help you see where you are in the set of 25.

I hope we'll also eventually be able to browse/search the vendor search database outside the game via a website and that we'll be able to do searches across multiple shards.

Misk

UO QA Lead
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Found a bug. Open the search gump. Now open your paperdoll. Now click on logout. The logout gump is behind the search gump; you can't right click away the search gump, and you can't see the logout gump to click anything there either.
I have confirmed this issue and submitted a problem report into the system. Thanks!

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Here's all the marshmellow peep colors that i've gotten so far

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I notice tonight that the Broadsword plaque at the bank on Izumo is looking rather odd. I logged out, closed the client and then logged in again to make sure it wasn't just a problem with my client and it still looks like this. However, the one at the WBB on Origin still looks okay, as does the one I placed at my home on Origin.

Hopefully someone on the dev team can check into this and see what caused this and if it is something we should be worried about, because it would seem like you couldn't safely redeed a plaque in this condition (it would probably go poof because the parts aren't lined up?). I tried using an interior decorator on the one at the bank on Origin and of course could not do so. I was also unable to raise or lower any part of the one at the house; however, perhaps it's possible if you are also using gazas or other items nearby.

broken broadsword plaque.jpg

Edited to add: I also noticed that there's no clickable brass sign at the WBB in Felucca on Origin. As a result, I'm wondering if there are any plans to temporarily move it there at some point during the next 4 weeks (if the lifespan on the sign is accurate). If yes, could we please get some kind of advance notification that is going to happen and when it is going to happen so people can adequately and accurately plan their log-ins for obtaining these plaques either in Fel or in Trammel?

Last edited:

Ox AO

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I notice tonight that the Broadsword plaque at the bank on Izumo is looking rather odd. I logged out, closed the client and then logged in again to make sure it wasn't just a problem with my client and it still looks like this. However, the one at the WBB on Origin still looks okay, as does the one I placed at my home on Origin.

Hopefully someone on the dev team can check into this and see what caused this and if it is something we should be worried about, because it would seem like you couldn't safely redeed a plaque in this condition (it would probably go poof because the parts aren't lined up?). I tried using an interior decorator on the one at the bank on Origin and of course could not do so. I was also unable to raise or lower any part of the one at the house; however, perhaps it's possible if you are also using gazas or other items nearby.

View attachment 20228

Edited to add: I also noticed that there's no clickable brass sign at the WBB in Felucca on Origin. As a result, I'm wondering if there are any plans to temporarily move it there at some point during the next 4 weeks (if the lifespan on the sign is accurate). If yes, could we please get some kind of advance notification that is going to happen and when it is going to happen so people can adequately and accurately plan their log-ins for obtaining these plaques either in Fel or in Trammel?
She didn't use a deed to put it up. one piece at a time