• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish to Origin and Izumo Today (3/17/2014)

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Game
2014 Mar 18 14:09 GMT
With us publishing out Vendor search we are having to take down the Housing warehouse and the Character transfer warehouse for a few hours today to make sure we update those also. This should be a one time only occurance so please be patient with us.
Vendor Search

Players will not see these improvements for the first 3 hours until the data base has been rebuilt.

• Added the ability to search “Artifact Rarity” values
Vendor Maps:

• Added message when vendor map is placed in backpack.

• Removed ability to sell vendor maps to mapmakers.

• Removed ability to use vendor maps to teleport during combat.

• Increased distance allowed for teleporting around house sign.

• Added the ability to pay for teleporting with gold in backpack.

• Removed the ability to use a vendor map as a recall rune.

• Added the ability to open the container containing the vended item when within 19 tiles of the item.

• Added a check to make sure an item is still for sale before allowing the player to teleport to the item.
Vendor Searching:

• Changed numeric search string restriction to only block numbers under 1000.

• Changed text search to look for each word individually.

• Added ability to sort results by price from high to low.

• Added ability to remove individual search criterion.
Vendor Results Menu

• Fixed item properties display for empty strings.
  • Fixed display of some add-on items.
  • Added commas to price display.
Easter Gifts

Characters atleast 30 days old logging in between publish day and 12:01 AM 5/1/2014 will receive an Easter Gift!

• An Easter Bunny raised in one of Sosaria’s various cities, with a chance at a rare location!
  • The Easter Bunny comes in eight (8) different vest colors
  • Once every 24 hours the Easter Bunny will prepare an edible marshmallow duckling that can be eaten
  • Marshmallow ducklings come in six (6) different colors.
Event Moderator Reward Distribution Change

Rewards distributed through the Event Moderator tool commonly referred to as “top attacker” or “top damager” will now function as follows:

Broadsword Commemorative Plaques

To Commemorate Broadsword Online’s investment into the future of Ultima Online, commemorative plaques will be available from the West Britain Bank after all shards are published. Please visit the plaque on your shard to get yours when they are available.

Bug Fixes
  • Corrected issue where only the character that placed the house is allowed to customize the house
  • Corrected issue where goza mats were becoming unusable .
  • Discordance is now considered a hostile act when used against player pets; players may now only use peacemaking on player pets that are freely aggressive
  • Faction players once again cannot be put into stat loss or reward points when killed by non-faction players
  • Pets can no longer go wild while owner is riding them.
  • Players who customize a house containing a house add-on will no longer have security settings revert back to owner only.

Classic client 7.0.34.22
  • Cliloc Changes
  • Art Additions
Enhanced Client 4.0.34.22
  • Cliloc Changes
  • Art Additions

Continue reading...

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Great News to read over Breakfast Well done All.

Ludes

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How long does it usually take to hit the rest of the shards?

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Chance at rare one! You guys listened, thank you so much. Chocolate covered marshmallows too! :)

I just saw this, the bunny wears clothes! Even better!

MedeaDF

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Very nice! But which publish version is this? 85.4 or even 86? I need it for information purposes... ;)

EDIT: Ah, the login screen says 85.4... goody!

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just met 4 different people on Origin all looking for the "Commemorative Plaques". Remember kids, always read the small print....

"plaques will be available from the West Britain Bank after all shards are published. "

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awww, where did the chocolate jellybeans come from?

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ya, I just did 5 accts on both shards and No rare bunny or jellybeans

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
  • Faction players once again cannot be put into stat loss or reward points when killed by non-faction players

NICE !!

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So here are the cities I have come across so far:

Nujel'm
New Mag
Moonglow
Delucia
Royal City
Umbra
Ocllo
Cove
Britain
Lakeshire
Trinsic

uo player

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
So here are the cities I have come across so far:

Nujel'm
New Mag
Moonglow
Delucia
Royal City
Umbra
Ocllo
Cove
Britain
Lakeshire
Trinsic

No jellybeans for me, but I did get a Luna.
I also did get King Blackthorn's Castle(same color as Ultimatepower's)

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bug Fixes
  • Discordance is now considered a hostile act when used against player pets; players may now only use peacemaking on player pets that are freely aggressive
I am confused as to what this part is about (underlined text). Would someone please explain this further? What is meant by "freely aggressive"

Stayin Alive,

BG

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I started out clicking on the bunnies for the candy, but then stopped because I didn't want so many items to deal with just yet. So I'm not sure yet if any of them give jelly beans. Wondering if it's a random thing each time you click on any bunny, or if a bunny always gives the same thing every day (i.e., peeps or jelly beans). Guess we won't know until tomorrow!

Anyway, here are the cities I've seen so far (updated to include figures from Izumo):

Britain (6)
Bucaneer's Den (5)
Cove (2)
Delucia (2)
Holy City (3)
Jhelom (1)
Lakeshire (9)
Minoc (4)
New Haven (5)
New Magincia (2)
Nujel'm (3)
Ocllo (4)
Papua (2)
Royal City (6)
Serpent's Hold (1)
Skara Brae (1)
Trinsic (3)
Umbra (2)
Vesper (2)
Wind (3)
Yew (3)
Zento (3)

Picture of the above-named bunnies and some of the peeps:

origin bunnies.jpg

Last edited:

Winter

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Finally! Vendor Search! I can't wait to try it out on Atlantic when it comes over here.
Ya, me too. I have to make sure that I have characters on all shards just to keep up to date on prices.

Anyone up to making a webpage to maintain shard prices on the most common and expensive items?

Ox AO

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Edit: She fixed it Izuma is working

Broadsword is up at brit bank on Origin but Izuma one is bugged can not reach
Click the sign

She just left couldn't tell her in time

BTW - Izuma doesn't have a spellweving circle? Why?

Last edited:

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ya, me too. I have to make sure that I have characters on all shards just to keep up to date on prices.

Anyone up to making a webpage to maintain shard prices on the most common and expensive items?
Id love to see all the awesome new vendor search stuff mirrored in a nice website. id just be happy with what we got. stick to the third party sites for now if you want everything on a website :)

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Broadsword plaque:

broadsword plaque.jpg

Deeded (blessed) and you can place it south- or east-facing. Seems to be limited to one per account. And the clicky on Origin says it has a 4-week life span.

Edited to add: When you click on the plaque, you get the overhead message, "In commemoration of Broadsword Online Games & the Future of Britannia, February 4, 2014." (Now I need to get an axe and see if that's what you use to redeed it, since clicking on it doesn't work..... And yes, axing it redeeds it.)

Vor

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Those sword looks strangely out of proportion...!

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I didn't get the dogs and cats they looked dead to me. these bunnies are cute
Secured in a house, the puppies and kittens do move like they are asleep.... pretty sure it's not necromancy reanimating them...

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dumb question but...
"top damagers list"
Is that the same as "looting rights list"?
Not my impression. (See below, though, for a big "but.")

I think they mean this.

Before: A list of people is drawn up on the basis of damage dealt, damage taken, damage healed. The items are distributed to the top people on that list. (15 items, top 15 on list get them.)

After: A list of people is drawn up on the basis of damage dealt, damage taken, damage healed. The items are distributed to random people on that list. (15 items, 15 random people on list get them.)

And now for the big "but."

I think that the "top damager" list is separate from the looting rights list, but now that I think about it if someone ever said that for certain I missed it. So it's possible that you were right.

-Galen's player

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Many thanks for the item drop system change.

If things go well (all the usual qualifiers about such statements in this game!) it cannot fail to be positive by allowing a greater variety of templates to get things and by encouraging more actual participation -- as opposed to gaming the system by having a character designed solely for these events.

The point of events always was, is now, and always shall be the story. Consistently rewarding only those people who were working the math behind the item drop system, rather than working the story, was causing untold harm.

So, again, thank you.

-Galen's player

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yummy!!!!! Peeps! My favorite Easter food.

Winter

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Food? Do they really have any "food" value? :p (just kidding)
Sugar, corn syrup, gelatin, contains less than 0.5% of the following ingredients: yellow #5 (Tartrazine), potassium sorbate (a preservative), natural flavors, carnauba wax.

YUM!

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Those sword looks strangely out of proportion...!
hah yeah... I doubt a UO character could get a hand around that hilt.

New art is out of proportion with old art/gameworld!? Who would have thunk it...

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aw my faction gear on one of my Trammel noobs on Origin expired :) good thing we have vendor search now ;D

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The keyword search is great. It has found all the items I have tried to find.

TEST TEST TEST so we can get it everywhere!

Gem

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Broadsword plaques one per account?

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Broadsword Commemoration Plaques - facing each direction

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The name search also gets results from some of the item descriptions that you can place on an item. Such as a book title. You can search for a crafters name. Anything that is in the items description can be found.

Didn't work item description that you can put on when pricing. But I bet it would find a container labeled with a tool. If you want to sell a beginners mage suit you can write on the container that it is in. Or title a book and toss it in the bag.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Maybe they are Ogre Broadswords, Or Demon....? And on a Demon or Ogre Wooden Shield.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I started out clicking on the bunnies for the candy, but then stopped because I didn't want so many items to deal with just yet. So I'm not sure yet if any of them give jelly beans. Wondering if it's a random thing each time you click on any bunny, or if a bunny always gives the same thing every day (i.e., peeps or jelly beans). Guess we won't know until tomorrow!

Anyway, here are the cities I've seen so far (updated to include figures from Izumo):

Britain (6)
Bucaneer's Den (5)
Cove (2)
Delucia (2)
Holy City (3)
Jhelom (1)
Lakeshire (9)
Minoc (4)
New Haven (5)
New Magincia (2)
Nujel'm (3)
Ocllo (4)
Papua (2)
Royal City (6)
Serpent's Hold (1)
Skara Brae (1)
Trinsic (3)
Umbra (2)
Vesper (2)
Wind (3)
Yew (3)
Zento (3)

Picture of the above-named bunnies and some of the peeps:

View attachment 20195
Thanks for this. I assume the blackthorn's castle one is the rare one?