• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 98 Comes to Origin, Izumo, & Baja

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings All, We are pleased to announce that Publish 98 will be deployed to Origin, Izumo & Baja by 2pm ET August 8, 2017 and we are targeting a World Wide release date of August 15th, 2017. We are also pushing a client patch for both the Classic and Enhanced Clients to address with stack splitting. Publish 98 is full of new features, so make sure you patch up your client and head over to TC1 or one of the first release shards to check out the latest update. Please note that some features will not be available on these […]

Continue reading...

Marquis de Sade 209

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i need to build up on origin for this very reason, i do have some decently skilled characters there just no gear

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Well I am going mini-golfing with my daughters in about 10 minutes but I will be on later this evening if you're around I can see what I can do for ya :)

Marquis de Sade 209

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well I am going mini-golfing with my daughters in about 10 minutes but I will be on later this evening if you're around I can see what I can do for ya :)
I won't be on until this evening either. The only reason I am on stratics is that I work at a computer all day :)

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Has anything changed from what is on Test Center currently to what is being pushed to Origin and Baja this afternoon?

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
publish 98, going live without addressing any of the 4 insta pet logout exploits? what a surprise...

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
publish 98, going live without addressing any of the 4 insta pet logout exploits? what a surprise...

You mean the only way you can find at pet that runs off in a dungeon or other area where pet balls do not work? First they need to make the pets follow commands and not get stuck at every turn.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Anybody make sure none of the pets that had good stats to start with got nerfed.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree they should make it so that pets do not get stuck at every turn, when they said they were improving pet AI, i thought this would be what they were fixing, however this is a seperate issue to the auto stable pet logout exploits.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And still NO mention of the Castle plots.......do they really think if they don't mention or acknowledge it then we will simply forget what they said????

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I wish they would address the despise island lag issue, this would make two patches since they screwed it up and still havnt fixed it. Guess its on page 90065 of backlog like everything else.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You DO know that it's been policy for 20 years to NOT put exploit fixes into the publish notes until AFTER the the publish goes live to all shards, right? And, I've never had anyone else say what you describe as an exploit call it an exploit.

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So what happens to pets who currently have bladeweave and bushido/ninja higher than minimum? Are they reset to minimum after the patch?

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would like to know when we are going to get more information about the "Endless Journey" so we can start pestering friends/family with the information.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So what happens to pets who currently have bladeweave and bushido/ninja higher than minimum? Are they reset to minimum after the patch?

Somebody on one of those shards can tell us if that is fact or fantasy.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
And, I've never had anyone else say what you describe as an exploit call it an exploit.
Ummmm... that is because this...

is a feature that was added in to prevent people from losing pets... but.. *shrugs*.. at least it keeps Mervyn busy on the forums ;)

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You DO know that it's been policy for 20 years to NOT put exploit fixes into the publish notes until AFTER the the publish goes live to all shards, right? And, I've never had anyone else say what you describe as an exploit call it an exploit.
Im pretty sure the logout thing for pets was actually a fix to pets de-spawning when you logout and they didn't. They added that in to keep people from losing pets at server crashes or maint downtime. Just people take advantage of it in the game that's all.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Im pretty sure the logout thing for pets was actually a fix to pets de-spawning when you logout and they didn't. They added that in to keep people from losing pets at server crashes or maint downtime. Just people take advantage of it in the game that's all.
You are correct. Before they added that in, when the server crashed or maint happened, pets were being lost because they were not properly logged out. They would go wild and despawn if the tamer did not log in immediately when the server came back up. I tamed quite a few nightmares and dragons back in the day that met that fate. Bad enough to have a tamed dragon be lost, but to have a bonded pet being lost to a server revert sucked.

So while people take advantage of it, it solves a much larger problem and I'm sure people don't want to go back to the days prior to the patch that fixed the problem.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So once part five hits we will no longer be able to do the prior parts of the event ?

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I have yet to make a fully fleshed out character on Baja...you'd think after so long I'd have at least one!

Anyway...the only things on Origin right now are the pet adjustments and bug fixes.....and since I don't have any abnormal or exploited pets I can't test that one...I don't pvp with pets but I did put magery mastery on my rune beetle so later on today will have to see if he teleports to anyone....he DOES teleport but thus far have only been to NPC's...I did try Tyrath's little training on the pirates trick and it works rather well..still afraid to lose a pet that way but my beetle teleported to the pirate ship before it was scuttled lol...so we'll see.

I will have to go tame a few more because when we were trying to find a good 3-slot rune beetle a few of them bumped up to 4 after taming..this was last week so will try again.

Most of the stuff is about pets vs. players which I don't do....so maybe later tonight I can have my pets beat up on some friends to see :)

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I went to Origin this morning ran around Skara, took a boat ride over to the other island, but other then that very little I could do there, went back to TC and got the newpapers, you can now lock them down and set security on them, I posted in another thread pictures of that

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yeah I have been through...a lot of it...on test center.......so I know what's up just getting antsy for the 16th! VERY excited....very happy....it can't come fast enough!

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have yet to make a fully fleshed out character on Baja...you'd think after so long I'd have at least one!

Anyway...the only things on Origin right now are the pet adjustments and bug fixes.....and since I don't have any abnormal or exploited pets I can't test that one...I don't pvp with pets but I did put magery mastery on my rune beetle so later on today will have to see if he teleports to anyone....he DOES teleport but thus far have only been to NPC's...I did try Tyrath's little training on the pirates trick and it works rather well..still afraid to lose a pet that way but my beetle teleported to the pirate ship before it was scuttled lol...so we'll see.

I will have to go tame a few more because when we were trying to find a good 3-slot rune beetle a few of them bumped up to 4 after taming..this was last week so will try again.

Most of the stuff is about pets vs. players which I don't do....so maybe later tonight I can have my pets beat up on some friends to see :)
Yeah pets with mage mastery, particularly Rune Beetles, mares, and Serp Dragons like to tele onto the pirate ships as soon as something aggros them. Sucks when you are out of fuse cords and sailing home to turn in a pirate and restock and have no way to scuttle the pirate ship.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Classic Client: Resolved issue with quantity text entry not working when dragging stacked items

That is a big one for me :) and now if there was a way to flush the excess training points on pets that can't be spent ;) Sadly Consume is pretty much worthless as they ran with the 30 HPR cap not game breaking, but hardly a mastery let alone worth the millions a lot of folks paid. I to am curious about Bladeweave and how that is going to work, since I put it on a lot of pets. The rest of it I can take or leave.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So does anyone know what the Jack in the Box or the Shackled Heart of the Pumpkin King do?

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jack in the Box, plays music then a big, scary clown pops up. The Heart makes you bleed, just like the bed of nails.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yep, I kind of like the Jack in the box. I have both on the Test Shard if you'd like to see them. @Dot Warner I'm at the Haven bank right now.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yep, I kind of like the Jack in the box. I have both on the Test Shard if you'd like to see them. @Dot Warner I'm at the Haven bank right now.
Thank you for the offer, though I've seen the art. :) I was just hoping that they did something more interesting, the Heart specifically. Like turning you into a Grimm or something else pumpkiny.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The animation on the box isn't too bad. The heart, meh...

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I did some thread clean up. Please stay on track with the discussion of the Publish.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Lol, gotta love the "20 & up: Wanderer of the Lost Odyssey" for Vet Titles. Reference to the proposed UItima X: Odyssey that was canceled.

"Taming Mastery Combat Training can now be broken when the caster is out of range, dead, or paralyzed."
The "Paralyzed" part concerns me. There are numerous creatures that will repeatedly stun/paralyze everyone in sight (such as Slasher of Veils, T-Rex, Ninja Captains, Navrey, etc). Combat Training will be virtually useless when fighting those.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ya a few non tamers got a lot of the pets buffs nerfed bad

Like I said before they give us new content people are back playing finally having fun then they pull out the nerf hammer
Nobody is playing again.

Just follow the tamers forum it's was really busy a month ago now it's a ghost town over there