• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 97 to Origin, Izumo, & Baja

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I went and tamed another one and it was 2 slots the main difference being Str was noted in the post above. Guess we are going to have to do some calculation on the highest str obtainable that won't bump it up a slot. Str is not one of the stats I have been adding to pets due to it's high cost.
If it was exactly pet I seen, it will turn to 3 slot during normal training after it gain in dex above 120.

redman2k

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thought I read if a mount it trained to 5 slots they will no longer be rideable, is that still a thing?

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Pet slots is only one of the problems. The other would be that the new pets will be worse than GDs, rendering them useless.
Given how much work training them up is, and for what negligible use, I wonder if anyone will even bother when the novelty wears off.
Wonder why people are saying stuff like this. Seems like a lot of people haven't figured out good combinations of abilities to add to pets. I have extensively tested a lot of different pets on Test Center, and i can tell you, there are pets that certainly exceed the GD in certain roles. The Saurosaurus and Cu Sidhe out tanks the GD. The Rune Beetle, WW, Fire Beetle, and Dread Spider can be made to out damage the GD. The 100% Elemental Crimson/Platinum Drakes can out damage GDs against certain foes (100% Fire Drake vs Undead, 100% Cold Drake vs Reptiles, etc).

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Tamed a shadow wyrm, now they are 5 slots - and cannot be trained....
Pretty sure they still suck too.... they are neat but ..... not very effective.
Two things need to happen to make Shadow Wyrms viable. They need to be able to reach 120 Wrest post tame, and have their Corpse Skin removed. Those two changes would make them out damage a GD (because Shadow Wyrms can have up to 1000 STR and 29-35 Base Damage), but not be able to out tank them.

The Doctor

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Yes I did much testing but alas it was with the extra points from the gate bug that won't be in with the publish. I had transferred over all 3 of my tamers to test center with most of my pets already trained in fighting skills so I could get a good overall idea of pet power without having to GM wrestle etc. I do like the new drakes a bit I will say that. I just hope they are kind enough to keep the pet advancement gates up from now on. I am gonna delete my test center toons and do another transfer to get a more accurate idea of the new pet skills without the extra bugged points. I just know now that some of my high str pets will skip a level with no points when I start to train them so alas they may end up roaming free.

Fizzleton

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did anyone put chivalry on their pets? I did, and I noticed that apparently it did not cast "remove curse" when eg moralled. Can u confirm this?

Lord Obsidian

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
@Bleak

While having the animal lore gump for my own pet up, I continuously get the "you must wait a few moments to use another skill" message - only after manually discarding the gump, I am able to use skills again (like hiding, active meditation or even animal lore on another pet).

I would understand this to be a possible necessity when working within the new training ("pet imbuing"-) menu, but for the usual monitoring of skills / stats while fighting, I think the (main / legacy part of the) animal lore gump should not block all my skills for an infinite time while being displayed. Is this by design? Do others have the same?

(this is on a fully patched plain CC and Pub 97 shards - new gump, only for my own pet - tested on TC1 & Izumo.)

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
@Bleak

While having the animal lore gump for my own pet up, I continuously get the "you must wait a few moments to use another skill" message - only after manually discarding the gump, I am able to use skills again (like hiding, active meditation or even animal lore on another pet).

I would understand this to be a possible necessity when working within the new training ("pet imbuing"-) menu, but for the usual monitoring of skills / stats while fighting, I think the (main / legacy part of the) animal lore gump should not block all my skills for an infinite time while being displayed. Is this by design? Do others have the same?

(this is on a fully patched plain CC and Pub 97 shards - new gump, only for my own pet - tested on TC1 & Izumo.)
It's been like that since I have been testing on TC from day 1. I agree with you, it is a pain in the butt to have to "close" it every time you want to lore something.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
ya, i dont like that, when im out taming stuff i like to serial spam animal lore on everything to see the numbers, having to stop to close the gump is kinda annoying.
not game breaking.... just annoying.
like me!

Mandrake of DF

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I did finish training for my ww, put on some stats and such - then restarted the animal training. Now it wont gain from anything.
I tried greater dragons, anchient wyrm, balrons and paragon balrons - it still stands at 0.00% and says it dont seem to gain from that creature. Any suggestions? @Bleak

Last edited:

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's been like that since I have been testing on TC from day 1. I agree with you, it is a pain in the butt to have to "close" it every time you want to lore something.
It's a bigger pain in the butt to break all your skills and have to wait for a GM to come fix it. It is my belief that this change fixes that bug.

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not sure what bug you are referring to. What happened?
I know of one specific way to trigger the bug and break your skills but I think there were other ways to get this to occur as well. These days if someone trades a pet to you, the animal lore gump pops up with the trade window. For the system, it is basically making an animal lore check for you that will always succeed. If, however, you were using another skill, such as anatomy or evaluate intelligence when someone traded you a pet, suddenly the system gets confused because you basically used animal lore before the "Use another skill" timer was up. The consequence is every time you try and use a skill from that point on, you'll get the "You must wait to use another skill" message until a GM comes and fixes it.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I know of one specific way to trigger the bug and break your skills but I think there were other ways to get this to occur as well. These days if someone trades a pet to you, the animal lore gump pops up with the trade window. For the system, it is basically making an animal lore check for you that will always succeed. If, however, you were using another skill, such as anatomy or evaluate intelligence when someone traded you a pet, suddenly the system gets confused because you basically used animal lore before the "Use another skill" timer was up. The consequence is every time you try and use a skill from that point on, you'll get the "You must wait to use another skill" message until a GM comes and fixes it.
Thanks, I was unaware of this!

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wonder why people are saying stuff like this. Seems like a lot of people haven't figured out good combinations of abilities to add to pets. I have extensively tested a lot of different pets on Test Center, and i can tell you, there are pets that certainly exceed the GD in certain roles.
People say that because when Mesanna announced the revamp, the very first point she mentioned was to keep GDs viable pets.

I wonder how many angered emails it takes until a more powerful pet than those legacy GDs gets the nerfstick. 12 months from now EM events will still be GDs only. Pretty sure.

Just like you hardly see a single turtle..

I start believing about other useful pets when I start seeing them wearing down bosses ingame.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I find it to be a major wasted opportunity for this publish to not come without 4 new vanity mounts on the shop, each with a different elemental damage type.
Fiery battlecat, the mighty vortex llama, the frost bear or the poisonous tarantula or stuff like this.
The new drakes are nice and all, but they could be cashing on people like me who would pay for a mount that can be trained to 5 slots and deal 100% elemental damage for PvM.

Last edited:

Cymidei

UO Pacific News Reporter
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
Any word yet on when this is coming to all shards?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think they said May 1st. That's the deadline for the easter bunny. Could be earlier.

Thimotty

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm really tired of "fighters can have many weapons" argument! Why is everybody forgetting tamers can use weapons too?
Also with a single soulstone worst case you have 5 x 21 = 105 stable slots potentially 7 x 42 = 294 stable slots.

Is it not enough?!?!?!?! How many you need?!?!?!?!

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'm really tired of "fighters can have many weapons" argument! Why is everybody forgetting tamers can use weapons too?
Also with a single soulstone worst case you have 5 x 21 = 105 stable slots potentially 7 x 42 = 294 stable slots.

I don't know even using weapons and or magery and special books a tamer is still 1/2 a mage or 1/2 a warrior... even with a pet in combination it is still not competitive with an ABC Archer, A Thrower or even a proper mage and most certainly not with a mage/spellweaver...

And while yes a tamer can take up spellweaving etc... you have to compromise somewhere and it's usually at the cost of taming or mana... and in many cases it costs Eval Int... making you a totally worthless mage.

So that argument is moot... and you are wrong you would need at least 4 soulstones... since no one is going to have just GM on there it'll also cost you 7 taming, lore and Vet scrolls.... which also no one is going to do. Seriously.

And no it's not enough stable slots... 150 might be closer but honestly I can store 10k in weapons... and I can carry as many as 125 weapons into battle... but I get pretty much 1 or 2 pets or 5 which would die in a 1/2 a second to most mobs now.

Even 5 slot pets can die in 1/2 a second to some mobs. And if you have to sacrifice so much to maintain taming, vet, lore... that comes from other places and with the way so many mobs are anymore the tamer can't stand anywhere NEAR their pet without being shredded in a fraction of a second... so you have to rely on all the mana and mana regen you can get.... sacrificing so much more...

Yes I can use a weapon but without all the specials like chivalry and Bushido and such to go with Archery or whatever I hit for 10 to 30 points of damage big whop... EoO... Yes I could AI but with needing mana for healing the pet... and most time the only thing you have time to do is heal the pet .... maybe if you scripted healing the pet you might be able to use some other skill.... but generally if you are hunting anything of any value.... your main focus is on keeping your pet alive not fighting..... we are talking about basically dual clienting one character and trying to perform the actions of 2 characters in one character... something is going to fail. Either you miss a heal and your pet dies... or you aren't doing squat for damage or if you are... you are getting the agro.... not your pet. Causing you to have to breakaway to heal.

And you sacrifice healing for archery and such... your argument is completely bogus. A good archer needs at least 480 skill points... that either makes you a crappy tamer or a even crappier archer... with no way to heal yourself.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Lets see. So I'm supposed to pay money for extra pets for each character. Then somehow trade them to a character on the same account. Then trade it back when I want to use it. Then wait 7 days for it to bond.

How bout you wait 7 days to switch a weapon out.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't know even using weapons and or magery and special books a tamer is still 1/2 a mage or 1/2 a warrior... even with a pet in combination it is still not competitive with an ABC Archer, A Thrower or even a proper mage and most certainly not with a mage/spellweaver...

And while yes a tamer can take up spellweaving etc... you have to compromise somewhere and it's usually at the cost of taming or mana... and in many cases it costs Eval Int... making you a totally worthless mage.

So that argument is moot... and you are wrong you would need at least 4 soulstones... since no one is going to have just GM on there it'll also cost you 7 taming, lore and Vet scrolls.... which also no one is going to do. Seriously.

And no it's not enough stable slots... 150 might be closer but honestly I can store 10k in weapons... and I can carry as many as 125 weapons into battle... but I get pretty much 1 or 2 pets or 5 which would die in a 1/2 a second to most mobs now.

Even 5 slot pets can die in 1/2 a second to some mobs. And if you have to sacrifice so much to maintain taming, vet, lore... that comes from other places and with the way so many mobs are anymore the tamer can't stand anywhere NEAR their pet without being shredded in a fraction of a second... so you have to rely on all the mana and mana regen you can get.... sacrificing so much more...

Yes I can use a weapon but without all the specials like chivalry and Bushido and such to go with Archery or whatever I hit for 10 to 30 points of damage big whop... EoO... Yes I could AI but with needing mana for healing the pet... and most time the only thing you have time to do is heal the pet .... maybe if you scripted healing the pet you might be able to use some other skill.... but generally if you are hunting anything of any value.... your main focus is on keeping your pet alive not fighting..... we are talking about basically dual clienting one character and trying to perform the actions of 2 characters in one character... something is going to fail. Either you miss a heal and your pet dies... or you aren't doing squat for damage or if you are... you are getting the agro.... not your pet. Causing you to have to breakaway to heal.

And you sacrifice healing for archery and such... your argument is completely bogus. A good archer needs at least 480 skill points... that either makes you a crappy tamer or a even crappier archer... with no way to heal yourself.
115 Taming (85 real boost from jewels)
115 Lore (85 real boost from jewels)
100 Vet ((90 real boost from Enhanced Bandages)
120 Bushido
120 Swords
120 Tactics
100 Chiv

Use invis pots to break aggro. Pet tanks while you armor ignore.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
For what it's worth, My tamer mage/SW has 236 mana, 120 taming, 120 lore, 120 vet, 120 healing, 120 eval, 120 magery, 120 SW, tons of MR, and some focus and med. He runs 125+SDI and can cast 7-8 or so WoD's (for around 700pts each) in a row without running out of mana. Or can spam E Bolts all day long. At the same time his GD is doing damage.

I don't he is much of a "compromise", or a "worthless mage". He can hold his own. :)

You just have to figure out how to make it work. :)

EDIT: No healing. 6 x 120 plus some med and focus. :)

Last edited:

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For what it's worth, My tamer mage/SW has 236 mana, 120 taming, 120 lore, 120 vet, 120 healing, 120 eval, 120 magery, 120 SW, tons of MR, and some focus and med. He runs 125+SDI and can cast 7-8 or so WoD's (for around 700pts each) in a row without running out of mana. Or can spam E Bolts all day long. At the same time his GD is doing damage.

I don't he is much of a "compromise", or a "worthless mage". He can hold his own. :)

840 skill points with 236 mana, tons of MR, some med and focus, and 125+ sdi? I'd love to see the breakdown of this suit. Because I don't believe it.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

EDIT: NO HEALING. 6x120 plus some med and focus. Sorry about that!

Thimotty

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@MalagAste
Ahaaaa i got it. You want to be archer sampire tamer. Not gonna happen mate!
Archer needs 110 archery 100 tactics and 100 anatomy to make decent dmg with slayer. Atm you need 115 taming and lore for a tamer (110 both is enough too). Vet is optional but let say you have 100 - total 640. Which leaves you with 140-170 points to put where you like. And please don't ask how!!!
For mage it is even better with all those uber items around!
But noooo - you want to outdamage, outtank, outsurvive, outblalala anyone else!
90% of tamers play with 1 pet! 9% play up to 5 pets! The last 1% can bite it and wait 7 days and pay for 10 scrolls (ohh big deal) - only for pets above 15+ they can have all the time! Or switch all skills and not wait...... still need single soulstone......

@Pawain
You don't pay you have 105 stable slots. Please make me a list with pets that will exceed this.
To trade on same account - lots of options there too:
1) use a friend - don't you have at least one?
2) use second account - i know, i know....you won't!
3) use trial account - rising 65(100 with jewels and tali) taming and lore from 50 is half a day now and there are very few pets that require above 100 so you can keep them with you all the time without problems.
4) don't transfer pets - transfer all your skills. It is 15 min work and 60 more minutes to adjust your stats (don't ask how it is your problem if you don't know). You need single soulstone and you don't have to wait 7 days! PS are dirty cheap now and if you don't have and don't know how to make ingame gold - go do some reading like most of us!

I don't mind waiting 7 days to change weapon since i play tamer mage but for the sake of the argument let say i do. Face it - We are the ones that can go anywhere with a single weapon(GD). No fighter can do it. Fighter without proper weapon is like tamer forced to play all the time with single ostard. I'm pretty sure we both won't want this! Also like i said you can use weapons too so it is really bad analogy! And i already pointed your options to use up to 105 weapons(pets). Even without waiting!

Edit: while i was writing this even more options have been posted :)

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@MalagAste
Ahaaaa i got it. You want to be archer sampire tamer. Not gonna happen mate!
Archer needs 110 archery 100 tactics and 100 anatomy to make decent dmg with slayer. Atm you need 115 taming and lore for a tamer (110 both is enough too). Vet is optional but let say you have 100 - total 640. Which leaves you with 140-170 points to put where you like. And please don't ask how!!!
For mage it is even better with all those uber items around!
But noooo - you want to outdamage, outtank, outsurvive, outblalala anyone else!
90% of tamers play with 1 pet! 9% play up to 5 pets! The last 1% can bite it and wait 7 days and pay for 10 scrolls (ohh big deal) - only for pets above 15+ they can have all the time! Or switch all skills and not wait...... still need single soulstone......

@Pawain
You don't pay you have 105 stable slots. Please make me a list with pets that will exceed this.
To trade on same account - lots of options there too:
1) use a friend - don't you have at least one?
2) use second account - i know, i know....you won't!
3) use trial account - rising 100 taming and lore from 50 is 3-4 days now and there are quite a few pets that require above 100 so you can keep them with you all the time without problems.
4) don't transfer pets - transfer all your skills. It is 15 min work and 60 more minutes to adjust your stats (don't ask how it is your problem if you don't know). You need single soulstone and you don't have to wait 7 days! PS are dirty cheap now and if you don't have and don't know how to make ingame gold - go do some reading like most of us!

I don't mind waiting 7 days to change weapon since i play tamer mage but for the sake of the argument let say i do. Face it - We are the ones that can go anywhere with a single weapon(GD). No fighter can do it. Fighter without proper weapon is like tamer forced to play all the time with single ostard. I'm pretty sure we both won't want this! Also like i said you can use weapons too so it is really bad analogy! And i already pointed your options to use up to 105 weapons. Even without waiting!

Edit: while i was writing this even more options have been posted :)

Sorry, I play the game how I want. Skilling is too boring for me I have 102.4 taming right now. Only took me since ML came out. I don't care if it takes 40 mins to raise it to 120. Id rather stick a toothpick in my eye.

I didn't realize there were rules in UO.

Also how would someone on Siege do those things you mentioned?

Ill have ONE tamer and if I don't think there are enough slots then there are not enough for me. Please explain why there should be a limit? With all the new colors and pet templates there are 100s of variations that could be made.

If I want to put 100s of pets in my one stable why the hell should you care? Please explain.

Thimotty

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I didn't say it won't be good to have more slots. I did say i am tired of this stupid compare to other templates and particularly with this terrible weapons analogy!
Also i don't see how pointing your options is forcing you to use them.
I think 21 is enough for happy gaming and simply pointed that there are options for people that need more so badly but don't want to pay.
Siege? Please.....
You are willing to limit yourself to 1 char and complain about 21 (42) stable slots?!?!?!?! Sounds to me like you just need something to complain about!!!

Last edited:

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Okay wow with the animosity over stupid stable slots...come on now people!!

What is the cap going to be now...72??

Okay so lets make a list of what pets we have and what we do with them...because 72 is A LOT and I think WAYYYYYYyyyyyyyy too many but..to each his own..so..

Greater Dragon...this is a given....unfortunately.

My list:
Greater Dragon
Nightmare
Rune Beetle
Cu Sidhe
Reptalon
White Wyrm
Giant Beetle
Hyiru

Right now I have 3 New Mares, 2 really colorful Giant Toads and a 100% Cold Damage Platinum Drake.

That's 14

Say I want one of each drake for various mobs...100% whatever for certain mobs...that's 4

All the NEW tamables...total 21

Stygian Drake
Crimson/Platinum Drake
Frost mite
Dread Spider
Lion
Saber Tooth Tiger
Blood Fox
Ossian Ram
Frost Drake
Frost Dragon
Shadow Wyrm
Phoenix
Dimetrosaur
Gallusaurus
Saurosaurus
Serpentine Dragon
Najasaurus
Tsuki Wolf
Dragon Wolf
Palomino Horse
Triceratops

So right now we are capped at what...21? If we got one of each of the new tamables that would be 42...

I seriously do NOT see the issue with having 72 freaking stable slots....seriously I think it's a bit of an over-kill....even if you had a pack of frenzied or pack of whatever you will have MORE Then enough room.

anyway rant over....geesh

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Where do you get 72? The stuff I read said 40 something was the maximum you could BUY! Id be fine with 72.

Here are the trainable pets. Theres more than 42 without the colors or damage types.

You are allowed to collect all of the easter bunnies in each city and color. Why cant others collect the pets they want. They have to BUY the slots over the base.

• Bake Kitsune
  • Cu Sidhe
  • Dragon
  • Dragon Turtle
  • Drake
  • Dread Warhorse
  • Eodon Bird of Prey
  • Fire Steed
  • Greater Dragon
  • Hiryu
  • Ki-rin
  • Lasher
  • Lava Lizard
  • Lesser Hiryu
  • Nightmare
  • Phoenix
  • Reptalon
  • Serpentine Dragon
  • Skree
  • Tsuki Wolf
  • Unicorn
  • Vollem
  • White Wyrm
Note: Training these creatures in other Magics will remove any innate magical ability

Necromantic Creatures
  • Dire Wolf
  • Dread Spider
  • Dread Warhorse
  • Hell Hound
  • Hellcat
  • Nightmare
  • Predator Hellcat
  • Shadow Wyrm
  • Tsuki Wolf
  • Vampire Bat
  • Windrunner
Bushido and Ninjitsu

Only creatures from the Tokuno Islands are capable of learning Bushido and Ninjitsu abilities

Sticky Skin Creatures
  • Corrosive Slime
  • Giant Toad
  • Slime
  • Toxic Slith
Clawed Creatures
  • Alligator
  • Bake Kitsune
  • Bane Dragon
  • Bird
  • Black Bear
  • Brown Bear
  • Cat
  • Chicken
  • Cougar
  • Crow
  • Cu Sidhe
  • Desert Ostard
  • Dire Wolf
  • Dragon
  • Drake
  • Eagle
  • Ferret
  • Frenzied Ostard
  • Giant Rat
  • Greater Chicken
  • Greater Dragon
  • Greater Mongbat
  • Grey Wolf
  • Grizzly Bear
  • Hell Hound
  • Hellcat
  • Hiryu
  • Ki-rin
  • Lava Lizard
  • Lesser Hiryu
  • Magpie
  • Mongbat
  • Panther
  • Phoenix
  • Polar bear
  • Predator Hellcat
  • Raptor
  • Rat
  • Ridgeback
  • Savage Ridgeback
  • Serpentine Dragon
  • Sewer Rat
  • Skittering Hopper
  • Skree
  • Slith
  • Snow Leopard
  • Squirrel
  • Stone Slith
  • Timber Wolf
  • Tropical Bird
  • Tsuki Wolf
  • Turkey
  • Vampire Bat
  • War Ostard
  • White Wolf
  • White Wyrm
  • Wild Tiger
Tailed Creatures
  • Alligator
  • Bake Kitsune
  • Bane Dragon
  • Cougar
  • Cu Sidhe
  • Dog
  • Dragon
  • Dragon Turtle
  • Drake
  • Eodon Bird of Prey
  • Gaman
  • Giant Ice Worm
  • Greater Dragon
  • Grey Wolf
  • Hell Hound
  • Hellcat
  • High Plains Boura
  • Hiryu
  • Ki-rin
  • Lava Lizard
  • Lesser Hiryu
  • Lowland Boura
  • Panther
  • Predator Hellcat
  • Raptor
  • Rat
  • Reptalon
  • Ruddy Boura
  • Saurosaurus
  • Scorpion
  • Serpentine Dragon
  • Sewer Rat
  • Shadow Wyrm
  • Skree
  • Slith
  • Snow Leopard
  • Stone Slith
  • Tsuki Wolf
  • Vollem
  • White Wolf
  • White Wyrm
  • Wild Tiger
  • Windrunner
Insectoid Creatures
  • Deathwatch Beetle
  • Fire Beetle
  • Frost Mite
  • Giant Beetle
  • Iron Beetle
  • Rune Beetle

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Okay sorry it's a max of 42 stable slots..still...tell me do you have one of each of those animals listed above? How many pets do you have RIGHT NOW....and how many more are you planning to get??

Honestly..I LOVE my tamer but 42 is INSANE.....anyway just my opinion...can't please everyone....if they gave you 100000000000000000000000000000000 slots you still wouldn't be happy so I'll just take my 42 and play the game I love with the pets I love and call it a day :)

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Maybe because Tamer's weapon is a pet?
As far as the soulstone idea, you have not tried it nor thought about it very hard, have you? It's not just a soul stone. You'd need 12 more powerscrolls. And then with that single soulstone, how do you envision passing a pet from one stable to another? What about bonding? Does not work very well, does it?
Are you also tired of the argument: "How does giving tamers whatever stable slots they want negatively affect your gameplay? Why do you feel the need to argue against it?"

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Okay sorry it's a max of 42 stable slots..still...tell me do you have one of each of those animals listed above? How many pets do you have RIGHT NOW....and how many more are you planning to get??

Honestly..I LOVE my tamer but 42 is INSANE.....anyway just my opinion...can't please everyone....if they gave you 100000000000000000000000000000000 slots you still wouldn't be happy so I'll just take my 42 and play the game I love with the pets I love and call it a day :)
Have you considered that with the new pet imbuing system, the combinations of abilities, damage types, etc. pretty much allow you to make a custom ideal pet for each boss/target. Is there any reason other than "42 is INSANE" I should not be allowed this? I do that with weapons for my Sampire. Why not with pets?

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
115 Taming (85 real boost from jewels)
115 Lore (85 real boost from jewels)
100 Vet ((90 real boost from Enhanced Bandages)
120 Bushido
120 Swords
120 Tactics
100 Chiv

Use invis pots to break aggro. Pet tanks while you armor ignore.
Enhanced Bandages do not work for tamers with Veterinary skill.
They are for players with healing only.

Thimotty

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe because Tamer's weapon is a pet?
As far as the soulstone idea, you have not tried it nor thought about it very hard, have you? It's not just a soul stone. You'd need 12 more powerscrolls. And then with that single soulstone, how do you envision passing a pet from one stable to another? What about bonding? Does not work very well, does it?
Are you also tired of the argument: "How does giving tamers whatever stable slots they want negatively affect your gameplay? Why do you feel the need to argue against it?"
That is what happens when people don't read! Why argue it? Cause they gave you more - you complain, they gave you again - you complain and again and again......

Have you considered that with the new pet imbuing system, the combinations of abilities, damage types, etc. pretty much allow you to make a custom ideal pet for each boss/target. Is there any reason other than "42 is INSANE" I should not be allowed this? I do that with weapons for my Sampire. Why not with pets?
No, you don't have 500+ weapons for your sampire. You play with 20max. And you play with 1-2 and carry 10+ more only if you are lazy enough not to leave them. You don't need all of them for particular boss/target! And AGAIN your sampire can't go everywhere with 1 weapon like a tamer can!

@Pawain
You are proving my point mate. It does not matter how much they give you - you will always complain it is not enough. Always!!!
You want to own every creature with every color with bests stats. Several lifetimes won't be enough to find and train them. Even if you satisfy with medium stat YOUR lifetime won't be enough. And your last words on this world will be "they should have given us mor...."!

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That is what happens when people don't read! Why argue it? Cause they gave you more - you complain, they gave you again - you complain and again and again......
Stable slot number was insufficient before this publish. Most tamers already have them completely full. Now after expanding the number of viable pets and combinations to many dozens the devs give us 3 per token to a total of 21 more. Of course people complain. This is a ridiculous limit that accomplishes nothing other than to impede gameplay.

No, you don't have 500+ weapons for your sampire. You play with 20max. And you play with 1-2 and carry 10+ more only if you are lazy enough not to leave them. You don't need all of them for particular boss/target! And AGAIN your sampire can't go everywhere with 1 weapon like a tamer can!
Really, now you presume to tell me how many weapons my Sampire has. I have more than 20. So what? This is a sandbox game. Why put arbitrary limits on how many pets or how many weapons I should have. All it accomplishes is limiting the time in game. Oh and I did not say I carry them all. I pick what I need before I leave the house.

And AGAIN your sampire can't go everywhere with 1 weapon like a tamer can!
He sure can. He can go with jack of all trades weapon and be as equally effective as a tamer with a single pet.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
that is so strange, i distinctly remember them saying they didn't work.
gah, do i try to search for some obscure post from over the last twelve years to refute those publish notes......

alas, i think i will let this one go.

i was just gonna head to bed and thought.... lets go test this.
so i went and i healed my pet 20 times with normal bandaids, tracked the amount healed.
then i took out all the normal bandaids and put in enhanced, did another 2o heals.
numbers are exactly the same.
tamer has only 100 vet and 120 lore so the enhanced bandaids should have pushed me up to the 110 vet level yet no difference in amount healed is noted.

so, while they are maybe saying it works, im definitely not seeing it in the numbers.

Last edited:

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just like you hardly see a single turtle..
Well.. Turtles suck (far too hard to get one with a good rating), they look stupid, and everyone already had a GD so there's no need to get a turtle that (ideally) is just the same pet with a different look. So that's probably the reason. The new pets offer things that GD's don't. You'll still see GD's but I fully expect to see most serious tamers use more task specific pets.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The new drakes are nice and all, but they could be cashing on people like me who would pay for a mount that can be trained to 5 slots and deal 100% elemental damage for PvM.
Ugg... they don't need any more encouragement to add micro transactions.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Why do you care?!?!?!!? It has zero effect on gameplay, why must it be so limited?!?!?!!? :/

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Again... what possible negative effect could it have to give more stable slots? Why do you care if 42 isn't enough? I absolutly could tame more than 42 pets, especially now. My stables are full, and I have wanted to tame or own many more pets. Like the colored horses, I wanted a bunch of them, but I couldn't stable them, so I didn't bother to collect any.

42 may be insane for you, but it may not be for others.