• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 95 Hotfixes

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The following hotfixes will be deployed with each Shard’s normal maintenance beginning 11/18/2016, Updated turn-in cap for cooking BOD points to 750 Purchased and found potions may now be used in alchemy BODs Removed hovering wisp and academic bookcases from the BOD system Fame should now be provided properly when BOD rewards are claimed Resolved issue where special material tinkering items were not being properly identified when they were not being hued in the crafting system

Continue reading...

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You need to add bananas to more sellers (other than those in the inn in New Haven) for some of the recipes.

Also, add "Wooden Bowls" to either Tinker or Carpenter, as currently the only way to get them for Fruit Bowls (cooking item that provides a buff, also has a BOD type) is to buy a bunch of bowls of lettuce (or peas, but sometimes the Pea bowls aren't wood but pewter) and PIG OUT on the food to get the empty bowls. None of the bowls left over from food are themselves craftable, but some are ingredients in other crafted items.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
and how can I even make a runic atlas without a recipe?
The recipe is unavailable now!
I am tossing those away now. 480 blank scrolls, 60 runes, 60 recall scrolls and 60 gate scrolls for 50 meagre points plus the risk of losing your filled ones.
Not worth the trouble.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah, a lot of it makes no sense...any kind of cost vs returns thinking on a lot of these bods shuts them down. I have a feeling after the initial honeymoon, they messed up and created yet more soon to be practically forgotten systems.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix
"Fame should now be provided properly when BOD rewards are claimed"
This is great, now when are you going to add all the BOD NPCs to all the cities?

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
. . .

wow... just... wow

Don't need to have everything in every city! Go exploring! Revisit the older cities!
Don't have the recipe for something? Find another crafter who does and I'm sure they will make if you give them the supplies!
Have a feast where other ppl will eat items and just ask them to leave the bowls!

When did UO players become such whiney, lazy, isolationists who don't actually PLAY THE GAME?!

Oh... wait... we are talking about UO.

le sigh

*returns to her lurking ways*

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
. . .

wow... just... wow

Don't need to have everything in every city! Go exploring! Revisit the older cities!
Don't have the recipe for something? Find another crafter who does and I'm sure they will make if you give them the supplies!
Have a feast where other ppl will eat items and just ask them to leave the bowls!

When did UO players become such whiney, lazy, isolationists who don't actually PLAY THE GAME?!

Oh... wait... we are talking about UO.

le sigh

*returns to her lurking ways*
Yes you do because of City Loyalty System. That is the reason Smiths and Tailors were add to cities that did not have them. There are cities out there that do not have all the BOD NPCs and they need to be added for this system.

Last edited:

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
To be perfectly honest, while I like recipes in general (since they're better than generally useful one-time gifts that get increasingly difficult to find in the future), its just as shortsighted to make recipes that are only able to be obtained once.

Just add simple fetch and deliver quests to various appropriate NPCs to earn the old recipes. Nothing overwrought/overly complex/overly difficult or time consuming to code, just make it like a Heartwood quest, but with a specific recipe reward. Solved.

@Kyronix

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix

Exceptional sacks of flour aren't a thing... Yet I just got a BOD asking for them. :p

EDIT: OK, so they are a thing.. if you make flour using a cooking tool and not a flour mill... Since when did we devalue an entire add-on?

Last edited:

sirion

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
People need to un-tag the devs once they realized it's not a bug/valid issue. These false alarms are probably driving them not wanting to read the forums.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
made 15 kegs, not going into bods. hope not typo and they mean potion keg. is this known bugs? wish I could see list lol

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I always test with one item if it go into the bods before I make the rest.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
To be perfectly honest, while I like recipes in general (since they're better than generally useful one-time gifts that get increasingly difficult to find in the future), its just as shortsighted to make recipes that are only able to be obtained once.

Just add simple fetch and deliver quests to various appropriate NPCs to earn the old recipes. Nothing overwrought/overly complex/overly difficult or time consuming to code, just make it like a Heartwood quest, but with a specific recipe reward. Solved.

@Kyronix

Don't even need a quest...just add all those recipes (there was a list provided by someone, somewhere) to the bod rewards.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Some of the small bods just don't make any sense and get trashed the second you get them.
Hopefully the next hot fix will get rid of them (runic atlas for one, so much material for... 50 points).

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Some of the small bods just don't make any sense and get trashed the second you get them.
Hopefully the next hot fix will get rid of them (runic atlas for one, so much material for... 50 points).
It also get a little expensive filling all those jewelery SBODs for 10, 25 and 50 points

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
It also get a little expensive filling all those jewelery SBODs for 10, 25 and 50 points
It absolutely does, but for now trashing them is not an option since I don't have too many tinker small or large bods to shuffle around.
At least you can get a fair bit of small gems and lots of golden ingots to use on bods at the golden elemental room at Dungeon Blackthorn.

Edit:
On a random thought, now it would be a great time for them to increase the amount of small gems you get from t-hunting and mibs 10 or 20 times.
Would add more reason to do those.

Last edited:

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I go dragon-hunting for gems and leather.....greaters have LOTS of gems and LOTS of leather! And I get gold to boot? BOD's is like a bonus.....Still haven't found but 1 small to fill a few of my larges (Tinkering only) But I have faith lol.

I am gathering the rest but haven't really done much in those yet.

It does seem that some of the other crafting skills are requiring rare or hard to get ingredients...which either needs to be removed or, as Cailleach said, made the points reflect the ingredients needed.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you can trash the runic atlas bods if you like. I won't, it's needed to fill the books bod, the highest level on Inscription.
Most of the high ingredient ones fit in large bods. Don't do those as singles!

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It absolutely does, but for now trashing them is not an option since I don't have too many tinker small or large bods to shuffle around.
At least you can get a fair bit of small gems and lots of golden ingots to use on bods at the golden elemental room at Dungeon Blackthorn.

Edit:
On a random thought, now it would be a great time for them to increase the amount of small gems you get from t-hunting and mibs 10 or 20 times.
Would add more reason to do those.
I am not trashing them but the points may need to be adjusted

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've got a tinker deed for bronze, ex scales here, but it only shows the ingot type if you mouse over it, not when you open it. How do you tag the devs for bug fixes?

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
As stated in another thread, got a bod for 15 lesser heals on my non alchy. Bought 20 lesser heals from the npc, and they became "yellow potions" , unrecognizeable by the bod...thanks guys.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've got a tinker deed for bronze, ex scales here, but it only shows the ingot type if you mouse over it, not when you open it. How do you tag the devs for bug fixes?
Make sure you use the USE INGOT COLOR when you do them or the system does not know they are made with bronze. Make one to make sure it is colored.

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I do wonder why inscription didn't get a reward item with a generous amount of charges that would cut the mana cost of scribing a scroll by half.
that already exists - it's the book / journal you get as a reward from the quest npcs at the top of queen zhah's castle - I think it's book 1

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
As stated in another thread, got a bod for 15 lesser heals on my non alchy. Bought 20 lesser heals from the npc, and they became "yellow potions" , unrecognizeable by the bod...thanks guys.
Report it as a BUG it was suppose to be fixed with the fix update.
  • Purchased and found potions may now be used in alchemy BODs

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
that already exists - it's the book / journal you get as a reward from the quest npcs at the top of queen zhah's castle - I think it's book 1

And there's me with 40 LMC on my MR suit ...

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
You mean the quest where you have to kill 10 Minion of Scelestus, which have about 35K HP each?
It is faster to just scribe the spells.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Has any one received, or been able to bribe up, a unbaked fruit pie BOD to exceptional? I can't get any cooks to make them exceptional, and that's what's needed for ~500 points. I'm thinking these deeds are bugged. In fact, all the pies don't seem to want to go exceptional for some reason...

Adell of Catskills

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Not sure if it helps but try targeting exact amount of potions. They work for me but stacks have to match amounts asked for in deed
I am not trashing them but the points may need to be adjusted

Sent from my LG-K120 using Tapatalk

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Has any one received, or been able to bribe up, a unbaked fruit pie BOD to exceptional? I can't get any cooks to make them exceptional, and that's what's needed for ~500 points. I'm thinking these deeds are bugged. In fact, all the pies don't seem to want to go exceptional for some reason...

I don't know if it's intended or not, but I can't get any of the new deeds to go to exceptional. They run up the numbers to twenty and that's it.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, if you will collect with an unqualified character. You'll need to use taste id on the yellow potions till your character knows what they are. Then you'll be able to use them

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't know if it's intended or not, but I can't get any of the new deeds to go to exceptional. They run up the numbers to twenty and that's it.
you should probably report that one, it could well be a bug. There was a major change to cooking bods between Origin and world wide. There were no exceptional cooking bods before that.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It does? I didn't know that. I have the book, there's no mention of any properties on it.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have the book, I have all three of those books, I did the quests in order to be able to write about them, but I didn't know that it had any properties. It doesn't say so on it.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have the book, I have all three of those books, I did the quests in order to be able to write about them, but I didn't know that it had any properties. It doesn't say so on it.
Chronicle of the Gargoyle Queen Vol. I is the reward of the quest Journey to the Athenaeum Isle given out by Queen Zhah. It is reported that it uses a charge to channel mana for inscribing scrolls.

Chronicle of the Gargoyle Queen Vol. I
Weight: 1 Stone
Charges: 500

Is it really worth it just to make scrolls for BODs

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Chronicle of the Gargoyle Queen Vol. I is the reward of the quest Journey to the Athenaeum Isle given out by Queen Zhah. It is reported that it uses a charge to channel mana for inscribing scrolls.

Chronicle of the Gargoyle Queen Vol. I
Weight: 1 Stone
Charges: 500

Is it really worth it just to make scrolls for BODs
After I read this, I went away and checked for myself. Maybe not for bod filling, but for writing gates to charge teleporters or level 7s and 8s to fill spell books.