• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 93 Updates

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings Everyone, Due to a few critical issues with the in-game store we have changed the rules to the following: You can only access the in-game store at a safe log out location such as an Inn or your house ( using the skill Camping is not considered a safe log out location). Players will no longer be able to access the in-game store if the have recently been in combat Character transfers will not be available from or to the Japanese shards until they go through maintenance this afternoon. There is currently an issue with the account center not allowing you […]

Continue reading...

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It would be so awesome had you also added .."the account(s) and all associated accounts/credit cards/etc that were found to have committed an exploit involving the new In game store have also been perma banned, so you won't be seeing him post on Stratics anymore either".

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The craziest dupe bugs..such basic testing needed! Only in UO I swear lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix

Additional updates I would like to see to 93:

• River Moss spawning in far greater numbers (or a substantially quicker respawn) over a larger area
  • Picking 1-5 berries of a Lava Berry bush instead of just one, somewhat quicker respawn and extend their habitat into the lava pool area.
  • Much higher drop rate on both the Myrmidex Eggsacs and the Moonstone Crystal Shards
  • Silverback gorillas spawning in the pits in the Great Ape cave, not just when he throws you
  • Increased (again) spawn rate of the required Salty Sea mobs (perhaps making a few islands shelter kracken and sea serpent spawning grounds)
If the potion ingredients are too laborious to gather, the potions will either be very niche or very expensive. Neither prospect is all that good for the content’s longevity.

You may also want to look into the Ape’s code, as he’s walking around on the ground throwing barrels.

The T-Rex still doesn’t take increased damage from Dinosaur Slayer, at least not from the Anon’s spellbook.

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix

Additional updates I would like to see to 93:

• River Moss spawning in far greater numbers (or a substantially quicker respawn) over a larger area
  • Picking 1-5 berries of a Lava Berry bush instead of just one, somewhat quicker respawn and extend their habitat into the lava pool area.
  • Much higher drop rate on both the Myrmidex Eggsacs and the Moonstone Crystal Shards
  • Silverback gorillas spawning in the pits in the Great Ape cave, not just when he throws you
  • Increased (again) spawn rate of the required Salty Sea mobs (perhaps making a few islands shelter kracken and sea serpent spawning grounds)
If the potion ingredients are too laborious to gather, the potions will either be very niche or very expensive. Neither prospect is all that good for the content’s longevity.

You may also want to look into the Ape’s code, as he’s walking around on the ground throwing barrels.

The T-Rex still doesn’t take increased damage from Dinosaur Slayer, at least not from the Anon’s spellbook.
All of the ingredients that spawn in the open are on a fairly quick respawn. Once you take one, the spawner kicks in and tries to repopulate up to the max spawn in the area.

The perfect bananas spawn on apes in the Dragon Turtle champ spawn as well, there should be no shortage of silverback gorillas in that area.

The egg sacs spawn on Myrmidex drones, and the Queen has a large amount. The crystal shards spawn on the Warriors. There should be no shortage of these creatures to farm out in the pits, while having the added benefit of participating in a combat experience that offers a little more in the way of a dynamic experience to make the farming experience a little less tedious.

The spawn rate for the creatures in the South Britannia sea was already increased from where it started. I'd rather not overrun the area with mobs, so it becomes a death trap for fisherman (sort of like the way Moonglow bay used to be with regard to water elementals). There are already alternatives in place to summon these mobs on demand.

I'm not opposed to tweaking the rates up, but I'm apprehensive to just turn it up to 11 so six weeks from now thousands of ingredients are sitting in the back corner of someone's house. Plus, let's be honest Dot, I know you've got fat stacks of coin to pay for some upscale potions ;)

Thanks for the notes about the T-Rex and the Gorilla.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I get plenty of river moss, 8-10 at a time and the re-spawn rate is really quick, at least on Origin.
Again there are TONS of bushes in the area....and Kyronix is correct, they respawn fast...just gotta work a little bit ;)
You get 44 egg sacs from the queen, but I do agree the Moonstone Crystal Shards do not spawn often..Kyronix they really don't....we loot every single warrior and the last pit run we did we found a total of 4.
Use Nets and as others suggested, the salvage hooks, which I never thought of....there are quite a few sea creatures out there now compared to what it was before.

The one thing I would like to see changed is the amount of spawn down by the queen. As of right now on Origin there has to be about 200 down there....we tried going in with just 2 mystics to discord and throw colasus but were quickly overrun and now it's just insane down there

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
All of the ingredients that spawn in the open are on a fairly quick respawn. Once you take one, the spawner kicks in and tries to repopulate up to the max spawn in the area.

The perfect bananas spawn on apes in the Dragon Turtle champ spawn as well, there should be no shortage of silverback gorillas in that area.[/QUOTE]

I haven't worked up the turtle spawn to inspect that drop rate, though with the number of mobs that should be interesting. Only potential problem is that corpses in champ spawns decay fairly quickly. Could always have a silverback spawn along the river leading up to the Ape's cave...

There must be something wrong with the moss spawn on GL then, as I can collect ~10 and none to few respawn for the next 10-20 mins. It is definitely not constant. The berries respawn quicker, they just must be apple-sized berries if its only one per bush ;) The corn has a plentiful respawn.

The egg sacs spawn on Myrmidex drones, and the Queen has a large amount. The crystal shards spawn on the Warriors. There should be no shortage of these creatures to farm out in the pits, while having the added benefit of participating in a combat experience that offers a little more in the way of a dynamic experience to make the farming experience a little less tedious.
In 4 runs through the pits, I have 21 eggsacs and one crystal. The drive to kill the queen is fairly low on GL it seems, as everyone would much rather have a chance at Zipa's far more desirable quest rewards. Everytime I've gone to the queen's chamber its been a gank fest at the door and no other players in sight.

The spawn rate for the creatures in the South Britannia sea was already increased from where it started. I'd rather not overrun the area with mobs, so it becomes a death trap for fisherman (sort of like the way Moonglow bay used to be with regard to water elementals). There are already alternatives in place to summon these mobs on demand.
Oh, I agree that the nets and the salvage hooks are alternatives. In fact I used a combination of the two to complete the sea quest twice. Just might be nice for people without fishermen, or fat stacks :p to buy hooks, to have a few places they know they could go where certain monsters spawn...this could even be areas like the Abyss renowneds and act as an enhancement to HS.

But about that death trap you mentioned....
The one thing I would like to see changed is the amount of spawn down by the queen. As of right now on Origin there has to be about 200 down there....we tried going in with just 2 mystics to discord and throw colasus but were quickly overrun and now it's just insane down there
I agree, the spawn in there is just way too much. :confused:

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone still using the Camping skill? That's so 1998 :facepalm:
Came in handy while I was training up Magery on Siege and had gotten way out in the boonies somewhere. Saved the long trip to an inn or home. :)

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord

The perfect bananas spawn on apes in the Dragon Turtle champ spawn as well, there should be no shortage of silverback gorillas in that area.

I'm not opposed to tweaking the rates up, but I'm apprehensive to just turn it up to 11 so six weeks from now thousands of ingredients are sitting in the back corner of someone's house. Plus, let's be honest Dot, I know you've got fat stacks of coin to pay for some upscale potions ;)

Thanks for the notes about the T-Rex and the Gorilla.
Thank you for engaging the community my friend

*raises a glass of good old Moonglow red in salute*

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
@Kyronix I'm seeing some missing doors around towns. The one I noticed most recently was the tailor's shop in west brit Atlantic.