• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 91 Comes to TC 1

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
auction safe:
what happens if i destroy the house / remove the auction safe after i get the gold, but before the winner retrieves his won item?
meaning, this seems like an item thats only for people who already have an established reputation / trust within the community. i cant see more than a handful of people being able to use this item successfully.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I love all of the new stuff, especially the "Cards Of Semidar". Since that name began as a completely unrelated thread title here on Stratics, It's a very nice "nod" towards the community that when good ideas are thought of, even by accident, the developers take notice and might add them to the game in some form. :)

Here is a link to the thread for any who do not remember it: Cards of Semidar

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
The auction safe should be a craftable, not a vet reward. Introducing it as a vet reward means that people who already run auctions--who are hosting player events and generating at least some ongoing interest and activity in the game on their own time and gold--will have to either burn through their vet picks or pay other players out the nose for theirs. It's a neat idea... one that should not be so costly (in either vet picks or gold) for the people most likely to use them.

Spock's Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Why does this Huntsmaster's Challenge thing even exist? You kill some generic creature you could kill a billion of, are assigned a random number that the creature supposedly "weighs", and... that's it.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I have a shield to Chessy and will go there again to buy your chocolate. Where is your shop?
My little goblin chef doesn't actually sell anything right now. She makes food and such just to give away to guild members and alliance folks usually (and the occasional visitor to Pitmuck Island - aka Horseshoe Island). Depending on what transpires in the future though, she might eventually add a few things to sell. :)

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why does this Huntsmaster's Challenge thing even exist? You kill some generic creature you could kill a billion of, are assigned a random number that the creature supposedly "weighs", and... that's it.
As far as I can tell, a way to obtain Harvester's Blades, and Horn's of Plenty.

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just the Thought Of My rune Library being less than half the size it is now is Awesome!

Arroth Thaiel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So, they added two new mass crafting machines, which I've seen people on Stratics asking for quite a bit.

They added a giant runebook, which was just a thread topic in the last couple of weeks.

They added Mannequins back, another thing which people have been asking for.

They switched to a token system for the holiday gifts as people were whining their heads off about getting free anniversary gifts and "where am I going to store all this!". Yes - you know you were.

They added the New Eodon armor and craftables, fulfilling the "this will be added soon" statement from Pub 90.

They added the "Cards of Semidar" - inspired by our somewhat particular playerbase.

They added some rare sweetness to cooking.

They buffed the Huntmaster's challenge.

AND, they fixed the evening gown's? Someone should tell Mag and Dot.

Nice.

Seems like this was a "You asked for it, here ya go" publish.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
AND, they fixed the evening gown's? Someone should tell Mag and Dot.

Nice.

Seems like this was a "You asked for it, here ya go" publish.
They did fix some of the graphics for the Evening Gown. Though I still think it looks way too modern still.... however I'm still barefoot when I wear it.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
As far as I can tell, a way to obtain Harvester's Blades, and Horn's of Plenty.
Because some players enjoy it. I personally have made it a mission to stop expecting other players to play as I expect them to play. I have been a lot happier.

Irulia Darkaith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was holding off and then I heard the rewards and went and picked some shard shields! Hard to top those
Yes, most years there has been at least one new vet reward I like - this year is quite disappointing. Oh well, more choices for next year.

By the way, does anyone even pick statues anymore? If they were full sized that could be fun :thumbup1:

Barok

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To be honest, the only statues I have ever picked were on the ground.
I used to collect the rare "Liche" statues. But then the devs "fixed" them and destroyed my investments.

Irulia Darkaith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well with the big runebooks at least my library will get a little smaller - would have liked to have had a rune book shelf (picture a book shelf that holds 100 runes) but this will do.

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The vet crafting tools are nice. Runebook is also a fine idea. New chocolate too.

The ONE thing I looked forward to is not. The plant. It is by no means fluffy. It is a tall something we already have. The pot is nice. Not a good time for me in UO these days. Pumpkin event :(, I think there is nothing new in the horn of plenty :( and the plant is awful. (to me) No amount of color is going to improve it. :(

I do thank you for the preview. I now see I need less here.

For those of you who love the plant, congrats.

PurplePotion

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I'm pretty excited about the rune books! I'll finally be able to have just one or two in my backpack. I also love the bump to cooking! I know what I'm giving y'all for Christmas!

I do hope there is some type of search for auctions too.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I think things are about on par with business as usual. I personally enjoy the Huntmaster's quests... As for the stuff the only thing that bothered me was that the Lathe seems very "modern" ...... And I still wish we had something to turn logs into boards. I would have preferred a saw table that I could drop a stack of logs on and it would turn them into boards for me.

Other than that I'm good with the stuff. No new ethy this year or anything means that likely I'll have plenty of new shard shields instead.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How is everyone seeing the gifts?

I am fully patched and logging into TC1 fine. But when I log in, it's just a carbon copy of Great Lakes to me. None of the chars get the new gifts but do receive the 18th gift bag. I tried creating a new char but it didn't receive anything.

Schatzi

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can get them in New Haven....love the gifts but I really wish the tree had been more like the Cypress or Christmas.
These look like cotton ball trees. Sorry, but i do love the rest of the items.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Where to start...

Thanks for making most of the holiday things a recipe, though I would have made the mannequin craftable as well.

"Sweet cocoa butter" wouldn't be used for dark chocolate, at least not like it would be for a milk chocolate...and definitely not the same as white chocolate. But realism can only go so far. The foil being in Eodon is eyerollingly weird, seeing as the tribes don't seem the chocolate nutcracker type. I think they'd enjoy chocolate-covered myrmidex more...

The Atlas is awesome. :banana: Though I just made 21 new runebooks for my characters to lug around... :wall:

The tree is... eh.

I agree with @Promathia that the dragon turtle statue really belongs as a champ drop. The eggs will eventually lose their appeal and there are far better mobs to farm primers from. The DT's only other drop is the scute...which isn't really distributed in what most feel is a fair manner.

The auction safe... Do you really get THREE when you choose it? If no, and that's just for TC, I strongly suggest the three be the normal amount given. This thing needs to be turnable with a deco tool, as it currently isn't. The auction item also need to center itself on the top of the safe, currently it doesn't (nor can it be raised) (Hint: "When claimed, players receive three deeds to an auction safe." should really say: "When claimed, players receive three auction safe deeds." for clarity)

The lathe and stringer will be useful, and I'm glad they don't move at near-FTL velocities like the pig and the owl.:p

The dragon turtle armor can't be acquired on TC1 as of this post, the beehive is empty. :oops:

The Huntmaster's Challenge... Uhm.. The new trophies are...interesting. However, they need to be placed in the Ranger's Guild better, the myrmidex and najasaurus look awful where they are - half clipping the display case. Also, PLEASE fix the cougar statue so it is colored like a cougar! No new rewards though? Boooo o.0

@Kyronix Gingerbread cookies still can't be engraved with the food decoration tool. Please correct this cookie oversight! :naughty-angel:

I have yet to see the updates to the gown, perhaps tomorrow.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I was hoping to see more in the bug-fixes section... like the passive mastery - Saving throw being removed after logging out/in.
the ninjitsu thing... Shadowguard drops not being repairable/Powder-able....

maybe there is more to this publish before it goes live... I hope.

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
These auction safes are actually pretty legit.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well with the big runebooks at least my library will get a little smaller - would have liked to have had a rune book shelf (picture a book shelf that holds 100 runes) but this will do.
In before the new runebooks take 1 lockdown per rune =X (I hope not, just saying.... it could be a thing....)

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am disappointed by the Veteran Rewards.

While the Auction safe is handy (by the way, does getting 3 Deeds mean that one gets 3 safes unlimited uses OR does it mean that after using tha safe 3 times it can no longer be used and goes "poof" ?), I am worried that the Spinning Lathe and the Box Stringer will make it easier for scripters and skill macroers.

Furthermore, I was much surprised to see no Veteran Rewards for long time Veteran Accounts. I would have imagined, being 18 years of active account age, at least to my viewing, a quite significant active account age, a specific Veteran Reward in appreciation for such a long lasting support of the game would have been given.....

Also, while the new 48 capacity Runes books are handy, basically making it up for 3 former 16 runes Runebooks, I would have liked to see them larger, like capable of holding 80 runes (10 pages of 8 runes each).

Oh well..............

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I love all of the new stuff, especially the "Cards Of Semidar". Since that name began as a completely unrelated thread title here on Stratics, It's a very nice "nod" towards the community that when good ideas are thought of, even by accident, the developers take notice and might add them to the game in some form. :)

Here is a link to the thread for any who do not remember it: Cards of Semidar
Lol, when i first read "Card of Semidar", the first thought that popped into my mind, was something similar to the "romance cards" in the Witcher 1, but of Semidar.
I imagine Semidar's "romance card" would look similar to the Queen of the Night's "romance card".

Last edited:

Irulia Darkaith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Furthermore, I was much surprised to see no Veteran Rewards for long time Veteran Accounts. I would have imagined, being 18 years of active account age, at least to my viewing, a quite significant active account age, a specific Veteran Reward in appreciation for such a long lasting support of the game would have been given.....
There was a very long thread where players debated about what a vet reward should be, and the devs sided with the young'uns. Not sure if it was official but I think the result is that no new vet rewards will ever go above a requirement of 15 years. Maybe if we're all still sitting here in another 10 years they'll rethink it

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the runebooks will be well used.. my own pack as like 50 on one of the chars...will be nice to have some space in the backpack instead of runebooks

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the runebooks will be well used.. my own pack as like 50 on one of the chars...will be nice to have some space in the backpack instead of runebooks
its twice as big as the normal one. your not saving any space. saving weight yes, but not backpack space.

i think they may not work well into a back setup, tehres going to be some very awkward overlaps seeing that they face the opposite direction of spellbooks and the old runebooks.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Looks OK, but why is the only option in the bottom right 'Recall - Spell', should there not be Gate and Sacred Journey too? (Don't have an account now, so can't go check for myself...)
Because that's all the character that crafted it is capable of casting - ie the person who took the screenshot. Runebooks in EC behave this way, they show the choices available to the person who opens the book.
Add a few charges, a bit more magery and a touch of chiv and you get:

runic-atlas.jpg

Last edited:

Kei

Knight of Kingdom of God
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I really like the new runebook. Its about time.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Does anyone know if the Chocolate Nutcracker can be engraved or have the maker's name?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
need to get foil before any can be made. Not got that yet.

Whitewolf of *VK*

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
ok first id like to say really like the action safe only complaint id have about that is the fact you can only auction one item at a time.
2nd A Mannequin Deed A special NPC that you can use to store or showcase armor and weapons in your house. is this go to be different then the current ones? because the ones we have now will equip weapons but wont show the weapon unless you open their paperdoll

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I keep wondering what's the point of the auction safe? I mean is anyone really going to know you have an auction safe and put something in it? Or will this prompt 45 people in Gen Chat all day long spamming about some auction somewhere?

Or is this just for rares collectors who use the rares forum here?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok first id like to say really like the action safe only complaint id have about that is the fact you can only auction one item at a time.
2nd A Mannequin Deed A special NPC that you can use to store or showcase armor and weapons in your house. is this go to be different then the current ones? because the ones we have now will equip weapons but wont show the weapon unless you open their paperdoll
I guess that's why the safe comes as a set of 3.
The item being auctioned goes on top of the safe, displayed. So I guess someone might have a row of safes at the front of a vendor house. Normal stuff on vendor, special stuff on auction safe?

[anchor]s2s-dummy-link[/anchor]