• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 89 to Izumo and Origin

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Game
2015 Feb 18 18:56 GMT
Good Afternoon Everyone,

We will be pushing Publish 89 to Izumo this afternoon during their normal Maintenance cycle and Origin will get it in the morning after their maintenance cycle. Please remember that character transfers for those two shard will be unavailable until we publish this out to production early next week.

I would also like to let everyone know that the Housing Database will be turned back on Friday 2/20/2015. If you feel your house is in decay and should not be, please either page a GM in game or email [email protected] so we can help with this on an individual basis. When we turn on the housing database the decay of houses will pick back up where they left off.

Thank you,

UO Team

Continue reading...

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
That's out of context! If you feel it's in decay AND SHOULDN'T Be....or maybe they think we're mentally in tune with our houses...either way ;)

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, so much for the promise to get us clarification on when the security for a decaying house is going to be cleared! Time to give serious consideration to whether or not I want to continue to paying for the lack of communication from the dev team in response to legitimate questions raised about information included in announcements regarding upcoming publishes. Why put out announcements to tell customers ahead of time that you are changing something and then not bother to respond to questions and feedback? Why should I keep paying for such a nonsensical way of running a business?

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would also like to ask why this Publish went to TC last week and then TC was brought down sometime Saturday and has remained offline for regular players ever since. It's still not available for logging in.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Mesanna

Another publish rushed out the door with a poorly explained and highly controversial change that serves no legitimate purpose and only further alienates players.

I strongly advise you to rethink this course of action.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
It's going to TEST shards...for further TESTING....on actual live shards it will be a bit easier to test out these changes.

On Friday morning I am going to place another house on Origin, putting my current house into immediate condemned status. For those who wish to test the IDOC changes, feel free to message me so I can friend/co-own you to my current house and have you place chests/containers. This, I feel, is a good way to test these things....yes?

And I don't mind being a guinea pig :)

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
@Mesanna

Another publish rushed out the door with a poorly explained and highly controversial change that serves no legitimate purpose and only further alienates players.

I strongly advise you to rethink this course of action.
hahahahahhaha

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I heard through the grapevine that Mesanna indicated last night at the Baja meet and greet that the security settings on a house will be wiped when the house starts to decay and there are no plans to change that. So if you plan to relocate your house, you and anyone you shared your house with are in for a major hassle to get the move done. Yippee, I guess, for the "honest" IDOCers. Boo, hiss for the rest of us who couldn't give a rat's behind about IDOCs.

Does anyone have a transcript of last night's meeting? I have a decision to make regarding whether or not it's worth continuing to pay for UO or whether I should cancel my accounts. I would like to read a copy of what was said last night, since it appears that no one on the dev team has the gumption to clarify this in any kind of mass announcement.

Also, just a heads up that if you had anything on TC1, it's available again this morning but has been reset.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Oh quick clarification....you said you were turning housing back on tomorrow (Friday) but the publish is only on Origin and Izumo...so even though houses will start to decay again, they won't have grubbers when they fall on any shard other then those 2...correct?

Mesanna

UO Producer | Dark OverLady
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The housing decay has NOTHING to do with the publish for one. I would like to clear something up, Publish 89 is not just the housing changes there are a lot of bug fixes also. We are not rushing out anything. Most of these changes have been made because all we hear is people complaining about scripters at IDOC houses. If the account goes inactive you have 90 days to resub that is nothing new and will not be changed. After that the house will go into a condemned status, at this time the list will clear except for the owner. If its an issue of just placing a second house then the owner can re-add friends to the house to help him move. The owner of the house will be able to make it public but it will revert back to private and clear the list again. As long as you do not make the house public it will not clear the list again.

This was done because of scripters again, so they can not go into houses and scope out all the belongings. The Grubbers will carry away some of the loot to give everyone a chance at something. You will not be able to make the house public once it is made private and everyone that has rental vendors in the house will still be able to get their items back. You will be sent an email just like you are now.

Again rushing these changes out? It has been on TC1 and will be on our two test shards for several days. We as a team do not feel we are rushing anything.

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well said boss.
Tina is a longtime, valued member of the community but as evidenced in the past she has a gigantic thirst for game minutiae and I don't think any amount of communication will satisfy that, no offense.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I think the changes are just fine...I understand that some people have concerns over the entire access list being wiped...but that is a risk you take storing your belongings in a home other then the one you own and pay for.

The bug fixes I was able to test seem to work just fine

Owner bound items will no longer bind when placed on mannequins, stewards, or vendors. (At least the ones I had, worked fine)

Players can no longer recall out of Blackthorn’s Dungeon in Felucca (Works)

Runes marked in the “Cat’s Lair” in Britain will be properly named when created. (Works)

Runes marked near the Yomotsu Mines will be properly labeled (Works)

Runes marked near the New Haven Mines will be properly labeled (Works)

Blessed items that were previously equipped will be re-equipped when a player double clicks on their corpse (WORKS THANK YOU!)

Vanilla seeds can now be obtained from Juka Mages, Plague Beasts, and Kappa (Verified)

New Magincia Gardeners will sell Gardening Contracts that will allow a New Magincia Gardening plant to be maintenance free for 2 weeks. Plants will require care after the first server maintenance following the expiration date listed on the plant. Gardening contracts can be used on a plant once every other month (good gold sink, love it!)

Impassable objects placed near the Chaos Shrine in Felucca will be placed in the nearby barrel. The barrel’s contents are deleted after five minutes or when the barrel becomes full (Tested with as many impassable objects as I could, they instantly go into the trash barrel, very nice fix!)

Added silver bracelets, silver rings and crooks to the cleanup Britannia system (works)

I hope that other people that can test the other bug fixes will do so to verify if they are working as intended, this was a very nice publish and it would be a shame for some things to slip through the cracks because people are more focused on complaining here rather then going in game and testing stuff.

Arroth Thaiel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
KickAssLogo.gif

Take that! Says the boss lady.

And it's about time the team started standing up for themselves and calling out the horsepucky that gets spewed like facts around here.

Last edited:

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The housing decay has NOTHING to do with the publish for one. I would like to clear something up, Publish 89 is not just the housing changes there are a lot of bug fixes also. We are not rushing out anything. Most of these changes have been made because all we hear is people complaining about scripters at IDOC houses. If the account goes inactive you have 90 days to resub that is nothing new and will not be changed. After that the house will go into a condemned status, at this time the list will clear except for the owner.
Seems to me, that you ignore the main situation and start beating regular players, when you should only hurt scripters.
Who are coowners/friends in a house besides the owners other accounts?
Players, who are trusted enough to access items or containers in the house.
Such as guild members, people, who have no own house on the secondary shard they play, people with a vendor in the house and a container for their convenience to store their vendors refill stuff in it ...
And those all you wish to tell, that they cannot rely on the owner any more, and if they spot the first sign of the house starting to decay and are unable to contact the owner, they are SOL if it comes to their own stuff?
REALLY?
This I name the kind of "customer service", which makes me want to quit my accounts and start playing WoW as well.

*Salute*
Olahorand

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
The housing decay has NOTHING to do with the publish for one. I would like to clear something up, Publish 89 is not just the housing changes there are a lot of bug fixes also. We are not rushing out anything. Most of these changes have been made because all we hear is people complaining about scripters at IDOC houses. If the account goes inactive you have 90 days to resub that is nothing new and will not be changed. After that the house will go into a condemned status, at this time the list will clear except for the owner. If its an issue of just placing a second house then the owner can re-add friends to the house to help him move. The owner of the house will be able to make it public but it will revert back to private and clear the list again. As long as you do not make the house public it will not clear the list again.

This was done because of scripters again, so they can not go into houses and scope out all the belongings. The Grubbers will carry away some of the loot to give everyone a chance at something. You will not be able to make the house public once it is made private and everyone that has rental vendors in the house will still be able to get their items back. You will be sent an email just like you are now.

Again rushing these changes out? It has been on TC1 and will be on our two test shards for several days. We as a team do not feel we are rushing anything.
Thank You.

*Gives a slight nod over his glass of Good Old Moonglow Red*

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We as a team do not feel we are rushing anything.
@Mesanna ... You certainly cant be accused of rushing the high res graphics update thats for sure. Or eliminating duping. Or scripting. Or eliminating bugs. Or fixing the shocking account management. Or getting UO on Steam. Or providing good customer service.

Well ... you get my point. Way to go ... what a Dev team

flappy6

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do we still have UO weddings? I WANNA MERRY YOU MESANNA !!!!! and you can kill me all you want on the Honeymoon

flappy6

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Mesanna ... You certainly cant be accused of rushing the high res graphics update thats for sure. Or eliminating duping. Or scripting. Or eliminating bugs. Or fixing the shocking account management. Or getting UO on Steam. Or providing good customer service.

Well ... you get my point. Way to go ... what a Dev team

This publish is bug fixes. changing the graphics of a 18yold game,duping and scrpiting would have been done along time ago if it was easy. She isnt the only one thats tried. She dosent have a magic wand........... unlesss your willing to give her the one that is inserted in your rear :eek:)

Meadhbh

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The moral of the story if you haven't seen your buddy or guild mates in a couple months, how about you get your stuff out of his/her house? and why would you have anything in somebody else's house anyways? I don't know anybody IRL who keeps their possessions in a friend's home.....

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Still hoping for some clarification about what is changing with pets and mobs following stealthed players. Who is this affecting and in what circumstances? Is it players stealthing with their own pets, stealthers who are being attacked by a tamer whose pets follow them or what?

As for the IDOC thing, I'm not surprised it's gone through with folk being kicked out of homes. I think it's a sucky way to treat customers. Years ago I believed that cheats would get banned, but now it's like we patch for them instead. We hurt players who aren't cheating because well, they might be. The cheats just re-program their scripts and it's business as usual. There's a point where you get fed up of being treated like you're a suspected criminal. You can't just magic up a fresh batch of loyal long-term subscribers if these ones get fed up.

Wenchy

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The moral of the story if you haven't seen your buddy or guild mates in a couple months, how about you get your stuff out of his/her house? and why would you have anything in somebody else's house anyways? I don't know anybody IRL who keeps their possessions in a friend's home.....
Let me know when you see someone Flamestrike someone IRL..I love reading ******** comments..it's a freaking game, if you can't figure out why someone would store items in a "friends" "acquaintance" or anyone else's house..PM me and I'll walk you through a few examples.. Id hate to clog up this super informational thread, with the Lead Producer getting upset over whiney cry baby waffles comments on a forum..

Btw..clearing Co-Owners is stupid. I get the friends list and access..but Co-owners is absolutely stupid, it just doesn't make sense..how many IDOCS have co-owned players scripting inside it? Is it a freaking epidemic? Maybe you should fix certain other private home tricks/bugs that get you in private houses to see items..unreal stupidity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Well why????? Um lets see.... I can only have ONE house per account... I play mostly on my main account where all my homes are. I have played and have friends on other shards... I live in their homes over there. No I don't see them on a daily basis. Nor do I see them on a weekly basis. Once in awhile I hop over there see what's going on... work up some skills whatever... wouldn't that be shocker..... I'm locked out... But unlike a vendor renter .... I'm just a space renter.... I don't get any notice when my friend quits. I might go over there once in awhile but until the house is unpaid for 90 days I wouldn't have any way of knowning that the house was going to be in danger some 30+ days from now.... The only warning I'll get is booted out. Yeah might be silly to keep stuff there... but consider that your bank box travels with you in the land..... to reduce lag you should keep it fairly empty. On shards where ping is important I don't want to be lugging extra crap around.

Also this is stuff I like to have "handy" for more than one character on the shard. What do I have to do bring it to my friends drop it in the chest and log in and out get my other character pick it up try to remember on what character on what account I had something on that I need on my other character? No..... I'm going to put things like that in a chest in a friends house where I always KNOW it is. Where I"m not just friended I'm CO-Owned! You know the more this game strips away stuff that promotes community and pushes selfishness the more I hate it.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I kept my favorite toothbrush at a girlfriends house once. And a pair of 10yr old boxer shorts. I didnt talk to her for 90 days, then decided i did really like that toothbrush. went back and the door was locked with a sign that said "private" I was appalled. Needless to say i decided to break up with her then and there. I will never leave my prized belongings in another person's house ever again.

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ahh the RTBers are just mad they will have to activate an account. Or had been squatting in one they have no control over.

I just hope containers not remembering where they had been opened last is a temp thing. One those glitches that pops up while an update is in limbo/testing till cast. I'd rather a house exploded leaving crates scattered across the lands and dungeons. Or just plain wiped from the game. And plots replaced by a gaint magic mushroom characters would have to lick for a few days. Most licks gets the plot. GMs will know where to pop in and do AFK checks. Big Magic Mushroom. ding ding,

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Ever heard the word "guild"?

In my alliance there´s a guild whose GM hasn´t been playing for a few years but still keeps his guild tower up.
And I´m sure there are plenty more guilds that have a guild house/tower/keep/castle where the owner is inactive but the guild uses it to display and store items. They use that house because it has history.
Many of these displayed items could be rare drops from the guild hunts or just books and other common items that tell the visitors who the guild is and what it represents that the accessed players put up as they get them.

Sure, if it starts to decay it´s the owner's fault and not the game's but that is why a grace period is needed so the second a guildmember sees it´s decaying they can start saving the stuff that is important to the guild in hopes of setting up a new guild house.
But with the new (unnecessary) changes of wiping the access list the second a house is starting to decay there´s a chance those items are lost forever.

Making it private once it´s starts to decay and clearing the list once it goes into In Danger of Collapsing mode would deal with the scripters AND giving accessed people a chance to save their/the owner's items.

'Tis a win-win tweak. What´s so hard to understand about that?

Like MalagAste said, wiping the list the second it starts to decay is just crapping on what community spirit is left in the game.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Still hoping for some clarification about what is changing with pets and mobs following stealthed players. Who is this affecting and in what circumstances? Is it players stealthing with their own pets, stealthers who are being attacked by a tamer whose pets follow them or what?
I'd like to know this as well...alas I don't have a stealther...has anyone tested this or any of the other fixes????

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
This was done because of scripters again, so they can not go into houses and scope out all the belongings.
With all due respect, that explains only why the houses are being made private. It says nothing about why the access lists are being cleared.

Last edited:

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
all we hear is people complaining about scripters
Welcome to Uhall, official home of the crybaby club :sad2:. It's been this way long before your team and will continue long after.

+1 for telling it like it is.

Shady Ghost

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Blessed items that were previously equipped will be re-equipped when a player double clicks on their corpse (WORKS THANK YOU!)
Before I saw the IDOC changes, I was interested in coming back because I read this

Love the IDOCs getting addressed. I am living out of bank boxes atm because I couldn't get a house during this down time, but loving what's on the plate for pub 89.

Meadhbh

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I support having the list cleared that way everybody is on fair grounds when it does collapse, friends and co-owners can easy give access to whoever they desire and how many they desire, making the house private would be pointless if the access list wasn't cleared!

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I very seriously doubt that the people causing the most problems with scripting are friended to enough falling houses to make this necessary.

If clearing access lists is an unavoidable side effect of some other change, then fine, just say so. Otherwise it just looks like yet another overkill game mechanic change that takes out honest players along with the cheaters, in the same vein as that damn Blackthorn dungeon anti-stealth code.

I sure wish the overkill applied to cheaters in other areas.

Dixie chessy/legends

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran

thing is the idocs were never the problem, it was the trial accounts that were the problems. u can out loot a scripter, i do it all the time. what u cannot out loot is 40 young scripters lined around the house.........in all honestly the idocs are fine as they are, or even at the 7 hour fall stage....everyone got something. its just the trial accounts there looting that were to much. u guys "n gals" could fix the trial accts and then see if people are happy because id lay $ on it that would stop all the whining going on.

azmodanb

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
can't wait for these updates and more bug fixes great job team..thanks for keeping us informed!

Gnoopey

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd like to know this as well...alas I don't have a stealther...has anyone tested this or any of the other fixes????
Stealth herding of aggressive beasts still works! Just not anymore in Blackthorn's basement .... but that's another story.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
View attachment 29229

Take that! Says the boss lady.

And it's about time the team started standing up for themselves and calling out the horsepucky that gets spewed like facts around here.
You've really got to wonder if the reason we have so few devs working UO today is because of EA cutting the budget or just because of the endless pancakes, moaning, ranting, raving, complaining and pouting that goes on in these forums. This garbage has got to get tiresome. Might be why you bitchers and complainers get so few replies to your questions. Maybe devs are just getting to the point they're tired of all this crap they take in here and just won't work on UO anymore or read these forums.

Came back to UO all enthused about playing this game again. After a couple months of reading these forums to find out what's been added during the two years I was away, I'm hardly doing more than log in to do plants each day.

Anyone who decides to check out this old game to see if it's fun must find out about uo.stratics, read the pancakes and moaning and threats to close accounts in here, and close their account and move on to another game.

Do you people have anything you can do in here besides the endless, eternal pancakes?

Sheesh!...

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I agree Tanivar....the first 2 rules in our RoC

A. Show respect at all times.

B. Help build the Community.

It's sad that these 2 basic things are so hard for people to do.

Anyway...off to test the housing changes...hope others are testing things as well.

Faenwen

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello,

I don't want to whine around, and I love UO and I wont quit!

I think most of the changes to the IDOC System are great!

BUT.... the thing with clearing the access list is just…. well stupid!

You want to stop scripters to get stuff? Making the house private is perfect. You don't want the people on the access list give other people access? Just stop the ability to give other players access to the house after it is condemned.

There are more shared houses out there than you seem to realize. Why share a house? Well why not? There are players out there I know for years, and I trust them. I am in guilds who have guild houses with stuff for everyone. Tjalle explains it great.
It’s about the history... a guild can replace stuff like armor wood and such, but not player written books or special things like trophies from player run events and such.

Isn't exactly that history... the things we experienced in game what keeps a lot of us here? Why would a player who doesn't have the time or the longing to play still pay the guild house? Because of those little tiny things like friendship history and the thought about all the fantastic things they experienced! And the thought… maybe I come back! And why could it happen that one of those houses are not paid anymore... well everyone knows the management system is .... *coughs* not the best. A credit card working fine for years suddenly not working anymore.... the account holder not playing anymore therefore is not logging in and doesn't know and maybe didn’t see the mail he got because he has more than one mail address.... he is sick, run out of money… whatever... It would be nice for guild members and friends who may be stored stuff in there, to give the chance to get the most important things out of that house.

When you want to clear the access list it would be enough to clear it at the time the house goes into IDOC stage to stop scripter’s right?

Just my 2 Cents….

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Better idea...don't store IMPORTANT things in someone elses house.

I have a nice little apartment on Catskills..it's very cool! And I have some chests there and have it decorated..but my most important belongings stay in the bank.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I am a little confused by why people are so upset about the change about the friends list being wiped.
I imagine it's to prevent an illegal program from targeting specific items to be "picked up" which is what we all want to do... thwart the scripters!
Shouldn't we as adults be able to make intelligent decisions about where we store our items? If a friend hasn't played in 3 months assume that their house is going to fall and relocate your belongings.
It's really not that difficult.