• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 83 to Origin and Izumo

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From the Devs
2013 Sep 09 20:57 GMT
During the normal maintenance cycle tomorrow we will be publshing both Origin and Izumo, below are the changes made from TC1.

Exploring the Deep

A New Quest & Encounter have been added. Visit Hepler the Salvager Master at the Sons of the Sea in Trinsic. This is the first part of a three part content Arc which will be developing over the next few months.
• Luck plays an influence throughout various portions of the quest, including the chance at receiving an artifact from the final boss encounter

New Item Property Bane is found on certain weapons. This on hit property will only trigger when the targets health is below 50%. As the targets health decreases the chance for the property to fire will increase along with the damage inflicted. Bane has the potential to damage the target for up to 30% of the targets max hit points in physical damage. This damage cannot exceed 350 physical damage.

Added a new title upon completion of the Exploring the Deep quest.

Continue reading...

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From the Devs
During the normal maintenance cycle tomorrow we will be publshing both Origin and Izumo, below are the changes made from TC1.

Exploring the Deep

A New Quest & Encounter have been added. Visit Hepler the Salvager Master at the Sons of the Sea in Trinsic. This is the first part of a three part content Arc which will be developing over the next few months.
• Luck plays an influence throughout various portions of the quest, including the chance at receiving an artifact from the final boss encounter

New Item Property Bane is found on certain weapons. This on hit property will only trigger when the targets health is below 50%. As the targets health decreases the chance for the property to fire will increase along with the damage inflicted. Bane has the potential to damage the target for up to 30% of the targets max hit points in physical damage. This damage cannot exceed 350 physical damage.

Continue reading...
Have not read anything else on this new property but what exactly is its purpose? As I only play all types of warriors I certainly am not against it but I am just a bit puzzled as it seems to have the potential to be a bit overpowered.
IMO things of this nature are usually part of a larger purpose/storyline like the introduction of a new class.
Assuming it is a much needed attempt to boost melee warriors so think it will only be available on non-ranged weps?
As it stands right now almost all melee warriors are good for nothing except group dismount and we certainly don't need any more of that gank mentality bs.

Last edited:

Endal

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
This is an answer to mages getting the Death Wish or Word of Death (whatever it is) from Spellweaving. Personally.. I think it should stay with the mages, but whatever.

Schatzi

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hopefully all will go with the publish, can not wait to get it on production shards.

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From the Devs

Exploring the Deep

Continue reading...

I see no problem with the bane property. It is the CHANCE of going off that might be an issue. The math. player with 100HP knocked down to half vs a bane weapon user. There is a CHANCE of them taking 30 HP damage with a better CHANCE the closer they get or below 30HP. Really in PVP how low in health do you get before you start to run and/or mashing those save one's buttock hotkeys? Bane Throwing and Archery weapons better be a rarest of spawn rate. Bane weapons like splintering should have a high rate of wearing out. Brittle? In D&D terms sounds like a CritHit.

PVM. If a bane weapon is a slayer and capped at 350 damage. Would that be 700 damage? Cool a WoD for weapon templates without having Weaver.

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
...There is a CHANCE of them taking 30 HP damage ...

30 damage - 70% physical resist (assuming the player is 70 phys) = 9 damage...

Basically, its going to be a lightning proc in term of damage. We dont know yet its weight, also its proc in pvp, but so far 9 damage is not too op imo...

And if the player has 150 hp (with bless or str potions) 30% of 150 is 45 physical damage, then reduce by 70% physical resist = final damage 14 damage rounded up. A bit stronger than lightning specially if it increases as the player health drop lets say MAX 16-20 damage ? 20 would be kinda strong for a property, all we have to know now is the weight of the property...

Last edited:

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Basically, its going to be a lightning proc in term of damage
I'll admit I haven't tested the mod yet, but early impressions of the text suggests people are overacting to the base property and not remembering to take off for the physical resistance check. To Origin, I go. I will assume it's a property on Shame loot...but perhaps that's not the case.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
PS--Anyone have game breaking lag on Origin, or just me? I think it's my ISP but not sure.

HP_Zoro_HP

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
30 damage - 70% physical resist (assuming the player is 70 phys) = 9 damage...

Basically, its going to be a lightning proc in term of damage. We dont know yet its weight, also its proc in pvp, but so far 9 damage is not too op imo...

And if the player has 150 hp (with bless or str potions) 30% of 150 is 45 physical damage, then reduce by 70% physical resist = final damage 14 damage rounded up. A bit stronger than lightning specially if it increases as the player health drop lets say MAX 16-20 damage ? 20 would be kinda strong for a property, all we have to know now is the weight of the property...
Lets just hope that you can't have this along WITH a hit lightning proc on the SAME weapon! Otherwise i'd say alittle ibt op to do a hit lightning then right after to proc this.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hm. Has anyone actually found the Bane mod, yet? I've only farmed Shame a little bit. I assume it's a rare mod, if it does spawn.

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
''New Item Property Bane is found on certain weapons.''

Certain wepaons make me think it is going to be on certain weapons (new artifacts ?) drops from the new encounter. It is just my guess tho...

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
''New Item Property Bane is found on certain weapons.''

Certain wepaons make me think it is going to be on certain weapons (new artifacts ?) drops from the new encounter. It is just my guess tho...
True :/...but the new drop from the quest monster has Hit Curse, right?