• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 82 Updates

kRUXCg7

Sage
Stratics Veteran
"Mob" is short for "mobile" which refers to any game object that has a movement characteristic. A "mob" doesn't necessarily need to be a monster - it can be a player, NPC, or a pet as well, but we generally refer to monsters as mobs simply for the fact that the code calls for isMobile() fairly often in reference to checking to see if a game object is a monster (we'll then make more specific checks for players, pets, and NPCs to eliminate down to a monster).
Fair enough. Thank you for clearing that up (I personally never fight anything than monsters, though! :) )

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, they hadn't been mentioned. Language is important. Everything is important. Just ignore me if you don't deem that point important.

Edit: I honestly don't understand what the rest is about, sorry. Too complicated. The only thing I understood was that they listened to players' complaints and adjusted some things which turned out to be a good decision, meaning I can heal my dragon without being ganked by the whole dungeon. I personally enjoy a slow pace in UO and still miss the old Wind park which had more animals than monsters.
The good: They listened and fixed something.

The bad: They made a change that, though defensible in some philosophical sense, wasn't necessary and is ill-suited to UO.

The ugly: Their post about the fix was confusing. Their process to roll out the initial change was unnecessarily messy and the change itself seemingly untested.

-Galen's player

Last edited:

kRUXCg7

Sage
Stratics Veteran
The good: They listened and fixed something.

The bad: They made a change that, though defensible in some philosophical sense, wasn't necessary and is ill-suited to UO.

The ugly: Their post about the fix was confusing. Their process to roll out the initial change was unnecessarily messy and the change itself seemingly untested.

-Galen's player
Thank you for your summary. Now... I am afraid I am no longer excited about the changes... :oops:

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you for your summary. Now... I am afraid I am no longer excited about the changes... :oops:

Then you misunderstood me, I think.

The second part, "the bad," is about the initial change. The one that is now improved. My argument is that, while it's great that they listened and fixed something, it would've been better had the first change not happened, and thus nothing needed to be fixed to start with!

-Galen's player

kRUXCg7

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Then you misunderstood me, I think.

The second part, "the bad," is about the initial change. The one that is now improved. My argument is that, while it's great that they listened and fixed something, it would've been better had the first change not happened, and thus nothing needed to be fixed to start with!

-Galen's player
Ok, I think I understand you now. I can't say I understand UO mechanics yet, though. :brokenlink: But oh well, nevermind.

ChelseyEvilElf

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Patch Notes
2013 Jul 01 19:59 GMT
We are putting out a publish to fix a few bugs that have been called to our attention. These changes will be seen after your next maintenance cycle,
  • Corrected an issue which prevented the imbuing of the Gargish Amulet and the stone Gargish Amulet.
  • Corrected an issue which broke auto-defending attackers once a player had multiple aggressors and had healed themselves.
  • Corrected an issue with north facing Compassion Virtue tile.
Looting rights distribution update

Healing now only applies aggression towards a healed targets aggressors, if the healed target is not a pet, the healed target is not the healer, and the healed target has attacked the aggressor.
Example 1: Warrior A is fighting Mob B. Healer C heals Warrior A and now has aggressed Mob B.
Example 2: Tamer A’s pet is fighting Mob B. Healer C heals Tamer A’s pet and does not aggress Mob B.

Continue reading...

Any chance you guys can fix the new kings collection portraits that you get powders and pinks from cause they keep saying they have to be placed in the house to collect from them, yet they already are! And Im really hoping you also dont have to own the house you have placed it in and can just be a coowner to collect cause that would really be ridiculous! Please get working on this, these items are pretty useless to us rite now! Thnks

Last edited:

Lord Lew

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Works fine for me once I moved it to my primary house, they don't work in your co-owned home.