• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 80 Comes to All Shards - 12/12

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Publish Notes
2012 Dec 11 23:30 GMT
We have staged Publish 80 to be released tomorrow, 12/12 during Maintenance for all servers. The following fixes have been applied to the publish:
  • Chest will now spawn in reachable locations in the Exodus Dungeon
  • Chopping of containers will not delete any items inside of them
  • Players should not feel excessive lag in castles
  • Using Rose of Trinsic will no longer adversely affect your characters str.
For more information regarding the publish, please read the Publish 80 notes.

Continue reading...

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
just got a little patch, must have been those fixes above - thank you for fixin' those chests and really big thanks for the folks on Origin for finding it!

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Thank you DEV's awesome job getting those things fixed so fast!

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Items locked down under house signs will be released and moved to the moving crates for classic and customizable houses.
I wonder if the items are above the house signs, and not under them they will stay.
I don't like this at all whats the reason to stop this decorating?

Endrik

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you....

for fixing the lag with some castles! UO has been all lbut unplayable for the last few weeks. I am so excited to be able to log in and play again. I know this was not an issue affecting the vast majority of players, but thank you for addressing this issue anyway.

:thumbsup:

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wonder if the items are above the house signs, and not under them they will stay.
I don't like this at all whats the reason to stop this decorating?

did not even notice this earlier..... and really, what the heck? someone there got a grudge against decorating?? can't put multi-tile items on any southern (even interior) edges, nor the eastern edge, and now a simple thing like locked down items under house signs? c'mon.......

LadyElizabeth

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I hope those fixes fix the house treating all wooden containers as a moving crate. I was trying to put some resources back in a box (going through the customizing/decorating aspect of housing on TC) and I couldn't put anything in my rarewood chests. Instead I was given the whole "you cannot put items into your moving crate" message. I tested and this expands to every wooden container I've tried.
I also hope they fix the house not setting itself up properly during custo mode. If someone has a lot of items in the house when they go into customization, they won't be able to see anything as these items won't disappear. Same with doors from the published design.

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, the Publish is live on Europa; I was awake when Maintenance completed, and confirmed it by mounting a Ships Wheel on my ship... it looks awful, it faces the along the ship rather than across as it should be :( Anyway, I have just spent an hour and a half trying to get the Void Lobster, and 11 swallowed traps later, and with some making it as far as 7 cycles about 4-5 times over, and then cycling the survivors between 2 and 3 times, still no Lobster. It must then have incredibly low odds without bait, or still be broken. Good luck to all those chasing it, I need to sleep now, and then go quest for more traps before I can try again...

spoonyd

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK so you have an debuff for criminal but there's no timer? :( The new icons are wonderful tho.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Ah, yes. Friday night and Saturday will be the time to collect many, many peerless keys. :D

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are some houses that place an item under the sign and float it up blocking the sign. Even Ctrl Shift wont allow house sign viewing.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Peerless keys will have a 7 days timer now, so you can store them for a while.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is one of the best improvements in this package! Thanks for changing the timers so fastly! Nice work! :thumbsup:

Miri of Sonoma

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
-Davies’ Locker will now show coordinates if you have the appropriate skill for the map’s difficulty
-Davies’ Locker will now show South or East sextant coordinates

I don't think this got fixed?? ...my maps and SOS are the same. I even decoded a few new maps but they still only show NW and do not show all the coordinates.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Although it's true that we can now place the pilot's wheel on the Britannian ship, I think an alteration of the graphic might be in order. Maybe give it a post or something, so it doesn't appear to be floating in thin air? o_O

pilotwheel.jpg

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Although it's true that we can now place the pilot's wheel on the Britannian ship, I think an alteration of the graphic might be in order. Maybe give it a post or something, so it doesn't appear to be floating in thin air? o_O

View attachment 11259
How did you get it facing at least in the right direction? Mine floats in the air, and is sideways to the ship, and I can't seem to get it to turn around (house tools don't work either). Also it looks horribly low rez... add an optional stand and improve the art please!

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
How did you get it facing at least in the right direction? Mine floats in the air, and is sideways to the ship, and I can't seem to get it to turn around (house tools don't work either). Also it looks horribly low rez... add an optional stand and improve the art please!
I originally had it mounted in my house, facing east. When I redeeded it, the deed said "east". And yes, without a stand it just doesn't look right. I guess I'll put it back in my house until the devs decide to change the graphic.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The items under the house sign is a bug from the placement over a idoc home plot area and things got stuffed under the house sign and some have just left them there... very unsightly and a constant "pancake to the GM" about then not really being "IN" the house and cant be taken..... Not the no deco bit you thought it was kiddo's.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I'm still wonderin why they even have timers, regardless of length of time on em...
Oi, I agree, but still, 7 days keys is still a vast improvement over keys that would live a few hours.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Found a bug with bug fix patch..ironic? anyways.

If you use a Strength or Dex potion, and then try to use another one while still under the effects of the previous one, you drink the potion but it does not reset your potion timer. So if you drink a new one with 5 seconds left before your potion wears off, it still wears off in 5 seconds.

SlobberKnocker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
whats up with del ice on chessy. anyone know how to get off of ice. the teles just toggle you east and west.

Bazer

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
BlackSmoke.png
just noticed something weird on my macer, never saw his wep make smoke before

Last edited:

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
whats up with del ice on chessy. anyone know how to get off of ice. the teles just toggle you east and west.
There should be a teleporter sparklie that will take you back to the mainland near where you arrive when you take the teleporter near Delucia.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The effects are nice... And Bazer: I love the way your icons are "arranged" :D

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I found a fix for that. Place the wheel on the ship. If it faces the wrong direction, turn the ship,then redeed the wheel. Then turn back the ship and place the wheel. Should be in the right direction then. :)

Last edited: