• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 116.0 Comes to TC1

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
9/15/2022 Greetings, We are pleased to announce the first phase of Publish 116 will be available for testing on TC1. Over the next several months, we will be releasing successive phases of Publish 116 to introduce new events & content associated with upcoming holidays. Be sure to check out the Publish Notes and patch your client before logging in. See you in Britannia, UO Team

Continue reading...

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Do they open if you have locked on a wall? I don't have walls on TC. :)

There is a gate to walk thru if your toon is not 30 days old.

Lots of players there getting them.

Can get 1 per toon, so we can get many to try for a set.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Do they open if you have locked on a wall? I don't have walls on TC. :)

There is a gate to walk thru if your toon is not 30 days old.

Lots of players there getting them.

Can get 1 per toon, so we can get many to try for a set.
No they don't do anything when you click on them, but they are super cool looking!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Very Nostalgic, I remember pre ordering Samurai Empire and going to the store to get more copies for the extra horse tokens. Back in the olden days when we had stores that sold computer games only.

Great idea for an anniversary.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I am a fan of the new art tbh...

but then again I am always a fan of new pixel arrangements...

o.0

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
they remind me of movie theater posters

some of them are cool looking, not sure what needs tested.

when do they go live and why does it say from sep 1st to oct 15th its already sep 15th ? do they know we are already in sep lol

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Awesome reward! Can't wait to get a U:IV poster!

What's going on with Nerve Strike though?

egglett

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Very Nostalgic, I remember pre ordering Samurai Empire and going to the store to get more copies for the extra horse tokens. Back in the olden days when we had stores that sold computer games only.

Great idea for an anniversary.
[/
A few years ago I managed to get two off Amazon Cheap for the tokens.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What's going on with Nerve Strike though?
It had no visible sign of you being under that effect. A mob shows yellow on the health under nerve strike.

So now you will know you were nerved striked because an icon will pop up in the Buffs/debufffs bar.

They are not changing the mechanics.

Oh, these tokens are usually full of what I'd personally consider junk and go straight to vendors for those hoarders but I actually quite like these!

Last edited:

HippoRedux

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
These can be nicely displayed (f you have the wall space) since it's not just the wording that's different. Looks good UO Team! Looking forward to the upcoming event/s.

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm glad the team spent valuable time and resources on another collectable.

For those who own a castle, a large vendor house or a museum these, might, be a fine addition. I fail to see why they would add another 10 or so things to increase server load and not spend the same time fixing a bug, releasing this expansion or adding another apron or earnings.

Not to be critical but this is hardly worthwhile, sorry.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
A gift bag is now considered a full publish? Or will there be more to this "publish" down the line?

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Or will there be more to this "publish" down the line?
9/15/2022 Greetings, We are pleased to announce the first phase of Publish 116 will be available for testing on TC1. Over the next several months, we will be releasing successive phases of Publish 116 to introduce new events & content associated with upcoming holidays. Be sure to check out the Publish Notes and patch your client before logging in. See you in Britannia, UO Team

Continue reading...

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Over the next several months, we will be releasing successive phases of Publish 116

Also next month is Treasures of the Feudal lands...and if you check uo-cah they did datamining and found some interesting things :)

Thank you UO-Cah as always for that, love to have sneak previews!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That is a lot of new pumpkins, snow sculptures, and other art. What beast are those new huntsmaster ribs are from.

Lots of deco for houses in snow.

I like the new huntsmaster trophy heads.

Time to do some cleanup to make room.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That is a lot of new pumpkins, snow sculptures, and other art. What beast are those new huntsmaster ribs are from.

Lots of deco for houses in snow.

I like the new huntsmaster trophy heads.

Time to do some cleanup to make room.
:postpics:

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Lmao, the original corpse poses. Hopefully they make the original UO death sounds too, those were hilarious. Me and my brother used to imitate the UO death sounds, and crack up laughing.

Listen to 864-872 "m death 01" to "m die 04" for the male death sounds. 377-384 "f death 01-04" and "f die 01-04" are for the females. "m die 01 - m die 04" are the originals. "m die 04" was the "constipated death sound" :lol:

Last edited:

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The implication in their note was =more= to come relating to Halloween.
Yup.
I guess I´m just used to them putting Release 1, 2 or 3 etc. in the title along with the publish number, like with Publish 108, so when I saw the title saying Publish 116.0 and went to see what it contained of it felt a bit thin to say the least.
Fail on my part to not read the whole thing. *nods*

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
New item added to the huntmaster challenge rewards...hoping for a leather satchel!!

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Kudos to making the anniversary rewards more than just a different hue of the same item but once again the Dev team gives people another 10+ single item lockdowns to collect as part of a set without giving players the ability for more storage. Looks like it will be the same thing for snow statues.

If the Mesanna wants another revenue stream (or gold sink) she should consider allowing players to add another X lockdowns / bank box items for additional $$. With all of the decoration collectables they introduce with every release it would be an easy way to gain some extra money.

I'm hoping there are some actual content (or equipment) updates in 116. I think at this point I'd even settle for fixing some bugs or QoL updates.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Satchel may be for foodstuffs like apples, carrots, raw ribs etc.
SILENCE!

I KEEL YOU!

LOL Seriously I do hope it is for leather but you are correct, it could be for foodstuffs....

I hope not...but it's possible.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Assuming we are getting yet another resource weight reducing container... On one hand, it's good to see that the Devs are giving "updates" to an older system like the Huntsman but on the other I think it shows the team as being a little tone def on what players actually do in the game (at least in my opinion). The reason I say that is because outside of a handful of people; does anyone really gather their own resources like that anymore?

I think resource gathering is one of those things that has actually benefited from scripter bots, especially since the Devs made everything random. It makes those things relatively cheap to buy / stock up on so that there isn't much need to gather your own unless you like doing everything yourself.

I'm sure some will get some use out of another weight reduction container (maybe even some botters which could further decrease resource cost) but IMO that effort would have been better spent on updating other older systems like Clean Up rewards / Library rewards / Doom drops / armor sets from ML mobs / Insert random quest givers. There are well over 100+ of older items from these systems that are just complete junk that could all use some upgrading.

I think the biggest bang for the buck would have been to go back to updating the cleanup rewards. Swap things out and get on a 3 month scheduled rotation where things are removed and added (like a return of item bless deeds). The clean up rewards stimulates all game play because players can trash things from a variety of content to get rewards towards what they want (compared to just hunting X number of animals).

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Assuming we are getting yet another resource weight reducing container... On one hand, it's good to see that the Devs are giving "updates" to an older system like the Huntsman but on the other I think it shows the team as being a little tone def on what players actually do in the game (at least in my opinion). The reason I say that is because outside of a handful of people; does anyone really gather their own resources like that anymore?

I think resource gathering is one of those things that has actually benefited from scripter bots, especially since the Devs made everything random. It makes those things relatively cheap to buy / stock up on so that there isn't much need to gather your own unless you like doing everything yourself.

I'm sure some will get some use out of another weight reduction container (maybe even some botters which could further decrease resource cost) but IMO that effort would have been better spent on updating other older systems like Clean Up rewards / Library rewards / Doom drops / armor sets from ML mobs / Insert random quest givers. There are well over 100+ of older items from these systems that are just complete junk that could all use some upgrading.

I think the biggest bang for the buck would have been to go back to updating the cleanup rewards. Swap things out and get on a 3 month scheduled rotation where things are removed and added (like a return of item bless deeds). The clean up rewards stimulates all game play because players can trash things from a variety of content to get rewards towards what they want (compared to just hunting X number of animals).
Most people pirate to gather resources

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Huntmaster trophies are one of the nicest things we have. The system may be flawed since there are people that dont have real jobs and stay at home that can play hours on hours to get the highest score, but I can't really complain much about the rewards or all the animal trophies used to decorate my homes.

Also about bots and resources. Call me whatever but Ive always liked to go hunt or farm my ore wood fish myself.... Never liked to buy 60k of _____ off a vendor, seems lazy and too easy to do. And does anyone really need stacks of ingots or boards that will probably never get used ?

I do have stacks of everything but it took years to acquire o.0

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There are numerous areas of the game which could be easily updated and given new life.

It's a shame the team doesn't utilize this relatively low hanging fruit to add new and interesting content.

I still am disappointed we rarely see ideas borrowed from free shards where a plethora of good execution lives.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards

the fall publish has always been about holiday content
with stuff that people have been requesting to return
(people ask for it to return at meet and greets)
content: updates to huntmaster rewards, zombie skeletons, new pumpkin designs, artisan festival, holiday & anniversary gifts... always fall publish

weight reduction bag for leather/wool/cotton would be very helpful
looking forward to it, if thats what this one is for

updates for other systems...
that content usually would be in a spring and/or summer publish
people have asked for updates to the zoo

updates to the cleanup rewards...
spring would be a good time, because that is when they show us the new vet rewards

asking them to do more of that right now
is just crazy with all that they are doing in right now

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Huntmaster trophies are one of the nicest things we have. The system may be flawed since there are people that dont have real jobs and stay at home that can play hours on hours to get the highest score, but I can't really complain much about the rewards or all the animal trophies used to decorate my homes.

Also about bots and resources. Call me whatever but Ive always liked to go hunt or farm my ore wood fish myself.... Never liked to buy 60k of _____ off a vendor, seems lazy and too easy to do. And does anyone really need stacks of ingots or boards that will probably never get used ?
I agree Huntmaster's was a great addition. That's part of my point that the team seemingly goes back to the well time and time again whenever they have a decent idea (ie Krampus / Artisan Fest / 1 day faire / etc) to the point they exhaust it when the effort could be a better return on investment (for the player base) by broadening their scope.

Example: The Vet reward crafting tools were a great idea (smithing / tailoring machines). They followed up that idea every year afterwards with more crafting stations for each skill which initially were still pretty good... until they reach like the Carto table. I think the Huntsman is very similar where the initial satchels were great and then they added more... and now they are adding more... It just shows a total lack of creativity IMO. I'm sure there are some people who will enjoy yet another weight reduction container and that's great for those people. I just think more people would have benefitted from updating the clean up rewards instead.

I do think it's a bit ironic though that you say in the first blurb about some people can play hours upon hours for trophies (like it's something you can't do) and then in the second blurb you say that buying stacks of resources seems lazy and easy. Yea it is but that's because many people don't have hours upon hours to devote harvesting resources, they'd rather just craft. Resource gathering is time consuming (regardless of weight reduction containers) so that's a perfect reason to buy stacks off a vendor... less time dealing with boring time consuming activities and more time actively achieving things.