• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 114 World Wide

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
10/6/2022 Greetings, We are pleased to announce Publish 114 will be available beginning 10/6/2022 after each shards normally scheduled maintenance. Please note Vendor Search will be offline until all shards are published. See you in Britannia, UO Team

Continue reading...

personal caio

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
currently im having a bug that after a wghile doing the event my character does the attack animation, it consumes my arrowq, but it does not do any damage

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
currently im having a bug that after a wghile doing the event my character does the attack animation, it consumes my arrowq, but it does not do any damage
Supposedly that is a result of going AFK in or outside of the dungeon. People are saying it's an anti-camping thing (hasn't been confirmed if it's on purpose on not).

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
This was the response one of my guildies got when it happened to them:

1665084410440.png

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
The funny/not so funny thing about this is...it's happened to people who are not afk.

One of my guildies was down there on their archer, they were actively running around shooting at things and then all of the sudden they weren't doing any damage.

I think they have some tweaking to do.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We in the wrong thread but here is the LS Campers, tonight it will be packed.
1665085754828.png

No one is blocking the NPC.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I don't think it's about blocking the NPC.

Ask people who have been sitting out there for awhile if they can do damage when they go inside.

The *no damage* block lasts approximately 30 minutes.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
While this approach will have its kinks to work out, I think this is a step in the right direction of trying to address AFK bot farming. Let's give atleast a little bit of credit where credit is due that the devs have heard our complaints about this and are testing solutions. I'm sure it feels crumby to get incorrectly tagged by a GM, but I will give it past day 1 before casting judgment.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
It's so us old people that can't see very well can read it ;) lol

But yes...if they have found a way to punish afk FARMING yes....but those illegal programs have gotten very sophisticated...so I am on the fence about this.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Standing outside of a Dungeon is not afk farming. :twak:

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Standing on top of the turn-in NPC for an egregious period of time isn't much more noble than AFK farming.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
My point exactly.

They got my guild mate afk in luna, one of my other guild mates was afk outside and had to wait 30 minutes before he could kill anything.

Now it's all over Facebook people are getting banned left and right....

I have no idea what they are doing but it's kind crazy.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Standing on top of the turn-in NPC for an egregious period of time isn't much more noble than AFK farming.
Which person in the pic I posted is standing on top of the NPC. I would be fine with that, or teach people to use cntr shf.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Well then maybe instead of stupidly banning people for standing on top of an NPC, they can do like they did for the house contest on Test Center and put a rope around it with a no pet area.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well then maybe instead of stupidly banning people for standing on top of an NPC, they can do like they did for the house contest on Test Center and put a rope around it with a no pet area.

NOOO that rope makes a colored pet turn to plain permanently, or makes some have weird spots.

This is not normal..

1665092808391.png

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Well they can fix it!

Because we can't count on any of the players to be courteous and smart and NOT stand on the NPC...which blows my mind. :/

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Are they stupidly banning people.. or banning stupid people?

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Still saw some obvious multi boxers late last night in Deceit. One big clump of chars all moving together at the same time, and attacking at the same time. See lots of Archers/Throwers still instantly auto targeting too.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Are they stupidly banning people.. or banning stupid people?
There has to be another way to deal with it...it's kinda like hitting your kids as punishment....you hit your kid, they hurt for a minute then go back to whatever it is they got hit for.....people are gonna not be able to damage things for a half hour...after that they will go back to doing whatever it is they were punished for lol.

They gotta think of something else :/

Grace of Minoc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The funny/not so funny thing about this is...it's happened to people who are not afk.

One of my guildies was down there on their archer, they were actively running around shooting at things and then all of the sudden they weren't doing any damage.

I think they have some tweaking to do.
Could they have run into a Ossein Ram and been disarmed?

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
There has to be another way to deal with it...it's kinda like hitting your kids as punishment....you hit your kid, they hurt for a minute then go back to whatever it is they got hit for.....people are gonna not be able to damage things for a half hour...after that they will go back to doing whatever it is they were punished for lol.

It's gonna be especially bad on Origin and othe smaller shards

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
NOOO that rope makes a colored pet turn to plain permanently, or makes some have weird spots.

This is not normal..

View attachment 136178
Well that's on Test Center...they could test some other ways to keep people from standing on top of NPC's other then ban them I would think, idk.

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ram has disarm not sure how they can keep a weapon on while afk

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
It's gonna be especially bad on Origin and othe smaller shards
Yes - where the rampant scripting happens because the dungeon is so dead (but you guys still need Fel open too right?).

Everyone complains about multi-boxers and scripting, then the GMs start banning people and actioning accounts and now people seem to be complaining about that. Talk about lose/lose. This is probably why the Devs/GMs haven't done anything before.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Yes - where the rampant scripting happens because the dungeon is so dead (but you guys still need Fel open too right?).

Everyone complains about multi-boxers and scripting, then the GMs start banning people and actioning accounts and now people seem to be complaining about that. Talk about lose/lose. This is probably why the Devs/GMs haven't done anything before.
I stated i support this but ok but to address the fel comment pvm players have been told for decades you want our goodies come to our world and play buy our rules. Or do doom and sell drops to buy scrolls. Now i say you want our goodies come to our world and play by our rules go sell ps to buy what you want

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Anything is better than the status quo. For years, we have watched people on these forums complain about bots and AFK farmers ruin events and watch UO staff look the other way. The Devs have finally heard us and are finally taking some action. Not saying its perfect, but its long over due. Gotta break some eggs to make an omelette.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
There also seems some confusion on what's happening

Afk outside lose power for 30 min

Afk inside multi-boxing scripters etc getting ban

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Anything is better than the status quo. For years, we have watched people on these forums complain about bots and AFK farmers ruin events and watch UO staff look the other way. The Devs have finally heard us and are finally taking some action. Not saying its perfect, but its long over due. Gotta break some eggs to make an omelette.
We are talking about players afk outside the dungeon and not blocking the NPC, how do you compare that with bots and afk farming? Did you not read the post that started this topic? Players outside the dungeon afk are getting actioned by GMs. Maybe they should action botters instead!

We kinda moved the topic here: GM Shenanigans into this thread.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
We are talking about players afk outside the dungeon and not blocking the NPC, how do you compare that with bots and afk farming? Did you not read the post that started this topic? Players outside the dungeon afk are getting actioned by GMs. Maybe they should action botters instead!

We kinda moved the topic here: GM Shenanigans into this thread.
Again no one outside getting banned for being afk just nerfed for 30 minutes

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Only 2 afkers on LS outside right now. I have had a toon there all day. Right now Im resting from the dungeon and healing the players that come out dead. And have been ressing pets all day.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Because bothering players that are doing nothing that bothers anyone is not a good business model. And I think those actioned were complaining.
I started a thread on official forum go express your displeasure

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I started a thread on official forum go express your displeasure
Like I said I have been sitting in the front of the dungeon with a toon all day. Nothing has happened. I think this is an Origin issue where someone paged on players blocking the turn in guy.

That pager needs to lurn2 play. Cntr Shft is your friend. And since this is on other shards now, Origin will wish they have afk players outside.

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Got the tabard and cowl and was able to use Hawkins and halo kept color put lost the name