• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 112 Worldwide

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
02/07/2022 Greetings, We are pleased to announce that Publish 112 will be released Worldwide starting this evening with the European shards then the rest during normal maintenance on February 8th, 2022. If you haven’t already, make sure to check out the release notes. Please note that vendor search will be unavailable beginning February 7th, 2022 @ 4 pm ET. Vendor Search will return once all shards have been published, approximately February 8th, 2022 at 1 pm ET. See you in Britannia, UO Team

Continue reading...

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So just the 3 winners, no dev pick?

Lots of the top 20 were good designs.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
So just the 3 winners, no dev pick?

Lots of the top 20 were good designs.
yep, I already figured that
when we saw the winners announced.

I'm disappointed that they didn't pick 3
but that would have been a tough choice
given that there were so many awesome designs

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
yep, I already figured that
when we saw the winners announced.

I'm disappointed that they didn't pick 3
but that would have been a tough choice
given that there were so many awesome designs
I made a thread to encourage them to choose more.

Go Vote!

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
View attachment 126808
I just realized they added this

so they fixed no pets going into Gravewater Lake
I'm wondering what all else got "fixed"
Not only no pets but no marking runes on the docks to let ppl without suits in, you can't even walk out of the water onto the dock without the suit on. I'm hoping they fixed it so you can't log out down there as well. I do wish they would shorten the wait timer but considering it's the easiest boss to key I understand the long wait time.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Not only no pets but no marking runes on the docks to let ppl without suits in, you can't even walk out of the water onto the dock without the suit on. I'm hoping they fixed it so you can't log out down there as well. I do wish they would shorten the wait timer but considering it's the easiest boss to key I understand the long wait time.
This is the way I've always thought it worked so maybe it was an exploit they fix

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
This publish is a snore. Oh well. Hope the next one has more engaging content.
Yea you can say that again. I'm hoping the next few months have something planned (at least turn back on town invasions or something) to keep things fresh. IMO it's unacceptable to be rolling into May/June with literally only Vet rewards / VDay clicky. My hope is that they can give us some dynamic events without a publish (since I know they only do a few publishes a year).

Interesting that they "fixed" Underwater but said nothing about it in their release notes specifically (given that it is such a popular thing). It doesn't matter to me either way but it does seem a bit odd that they would put effort into that fix (to make the game more grindy) but ignore simple quality of life fixes like adding trash points to a few hundred items that currently give 0 (like ALL antique items) or a filter to jewelry boxes etc.

Reactions: dvv

obeeee

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This is odd. I open skills from the paperdoll in CC and it's totally blank. No groups no nothing. They did a real good job with this publish. Only one char, Merb. Wonderful, I'm bugged
LOL

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Operator error.

1644353270289.png

This is odd. I open skills from the paperdoll in CC and it's totally blank. No groups no nothing. They did a real good job with this publish. Only one char, Merb. Wonderful, I'm bugged
LOL

FAKEUSERNAME

Adventurer
You've mentioned "operator error" fairly often recently.
Just because these issues hasn't yet affected your specific machine/setup/play-style doesn't mean they aren't happening to other people due to no fault of their own.

Mesanna's kitchen has obviously been ramping up production of delicious spaghetti cuisine for it's customers to enjoy.
The UO Team can keep blaming the user or start taking accountability.
I don't think it will matter much either way.

obeeee

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes, they sent me the fix in an email shortly after I paged / posted
Thank you for the reply

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
LOL
that happened to me before, cant remember if gm fixed or i deleted char. hope it gets fixed
if it doesnt happen to some people, its not happening lol.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You've mentioned "operator error" fairly often recently.
Just because these issues hasn't yet affected your specific machine/setup/play-style doesn't mean they aren't happening to other people due to no fault of their own.

Mesanna's kitchen has obviously been ramping up production of delicious spaghetti cuisine for it's customers to enjoy.
The UO Team can keep blaming the user or start taking accountability.
I don't think it will matter much either way.
Since you play on LS so much you should know the interactions between that poster and I. But you don't play on LS so you have no clue who he is.

Riner

Journeyman
Governor
Anyone have and use the map maker vet reward yet? We had a person try it on Great Lakes and couldn't get it to work. Kept saying you must have the tool in your backpack.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Anyone have and use the map maker vet reward yet? We had a person try it on Great Lakes and couldn't get it to work. Kept saying you must have the tool in your backpack.
This was reported in testing you'd think they'd have fixed...

obeeee

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
all you had to do was hit the new group button in the lower left
No, replacing skillgrp.mul from another char fixed it. Making a new group would of done nothing to fix the issue

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
This was reported in testing you'd think they'd have fixed...
Do you think many reported bugs are fixed when we have Misk leading QA? This dude is too busy playing Fort Night to be concerned with a stupid cartography table bug.

Funny because the only "fixes" they seemed to have done is make more things harder to play (UW / Niera) while not fixing something like the table so that it can't be used. Perhaps if everyone quits before NL needs to be released they won't need to actually make the deadline? :gee:

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No, replacing skillgrp.mul from another char fixed it. Making a new group would of done nothing to fix the issue
when you create a new group when you have no groups makes all the skill show up in the new group and then you can distribute them from there

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
We can't accept still blaming things on NL right now it's vaporware post a screenshot or video of something anything we're what 7 months from anniversary shouldn't we be in beta testing phase right now?

Penderrin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
when you create a new group when you have no groups makes all the skill show up in the new group and then you can distribute them from there
This has worked for me in the past.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The potion vat doesnt seem to accept dyed (or previously dyed) kegs :(
Use the correct dye tub and left click it to set it to default color. Dye the tubs, they will go in.

Hopefully that works. If not, that sux but you can always put them in bottles and make a new keg.

It is not a choice for me because I use huge stacks of bottles for most of my potions. Darn Barrel Sponges :)

1644433960956.png

Last edited:

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
It is not a choice for me because I use huge stacks of bottles for most of my potions.
Yea this is why I was hoping they would just allow stackable potions... for you (and many others) would literally need to create a potion keg, add 100 potions to fill that keg, add it to the vat. You would need 10 kegs for you 1026 potions (with 26 left over that you couldn't do anything with). That just turned 1 item (stack of pots) into 11 separate items. This doesn't even include the hassle of taking the potion keg out and then double clicking it 100 times to get those potions out.

Work around to the potion vat... just keep a stack of pots and save the vet reward pick :(

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yea this is why I was hoping they would just allow stackable potions... for you (and many others) would literally need to create a potion keg, add 100 potions to fill that keg, add it to the vat. You would need 10 kegs for you 1026 potions (with 26 left over that you couldn't do anything with). That just turned 1 item (stack of pots) into 11 separate items. This doesn't even include the hassle of taking the potion keg out and then double clicking it 100 times to get those potions out.

Work around to the potion vat... just keep a stack of pots and save the vet reward pick :(
I keep telling you these tools they make are 90% decorative. I stand right next to my spinning sewing machine and tailor from a sewing kit that I use. :)

The other 5% should be allowing new and returning players to use the machines. But the vat is excluded from that I guess. But some players have a lot of kegs.

FAKEUSERNAME

Adventurer
Do you think many reported bugs are fixed when we have Misk leading QA? This dude is too busy playing Fort Night to be concerned with a stupid cartography table bug.

Funny because the only "fixes" they seemed to have done is make more things harder to play (UW / Niera) while not fixing something like the table so that it can't be used. Perhaps if everyone quits before NL needs to be released they won't need to actually make the deadline? :gee:
You make valid points. I think it mostly comes down to Mesanna making poor decisions.

Misk isn't exactly the most qualified person for that position. There are players who could do a far better job.
It appears to me that the primary reason Misk has the role of lead QA is because he is Mesanna's life partner.

Mesanna recently had the opportunity to hire some new EM's and a Content Designer. I don't see any real positive change since that's happened.
There should have already been new content while bugs (that impact players, not Mesanna's feelings) were being fixed.
I would assume Mesanna used a similar hiring strategy for those positions as she did for choosing her husband to lead QA.

It seems to me that instead of picking up the best talent, Mesanna would rather compete with them.

Miri of Sonoma

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Use the correct dye tub and left click it to set it to default color. Dye the tubs, they will go in.

Hopefully that works. If not, that sux but you can always put them in bottles and make a new keg.

It is not a choice for me because I use huge stacks of bottles for most of my potions. Darn Barrel Sponges :)

View attachment 126841
I used a furniture dye tub (which is what I used to dye them in the first place) set it back to default, dyed the tubs and no dice. It says it is an invalid target. I know I could make new kegs or make lots of bottles and transfer but sheesh who wants to do that :(. Anyway it doesn't work but it looks nice at least.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I used a furniture dye tub (which is what I used to dye them in the first place) set it back to default, dyed the tubs and no dice. It says it is an invalid target. I know I could make new kegs or make lots of bottles and transfer but sheesh who wants to do that :(. Anyway it doesn't work but it looks nice at least.
You get the bottles back. They are cheap to buy. Or someone prob has a stack of 60k bottles like I do somehow. They will let you take 100.

Miri of Sonoma

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You get the bottles back. They are cheap to buy. Or someone prob has a stack of 60k bottles like I do somehow. They will let you take 100.
No worries..I have many potion kegs as I used to sell them to gardeners years ago. I am not too worried about it. The vat is nice deco *laughs* I reported it as a bug nonetheless