• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 112 Hotfixes

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
4/7/2022 Greetings, The following hotfixes will be deployed with each shard’s next regularly scheduled maintenance, Non-paralithode pets in the Wreck of the Ararat will now drown and upon death will be auto-stabled Resolved issue where reapers were not casting spells See you in Britannia, UO Team

Continue reading...

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Wow... "Resolved issue where reapers were not casting spells". It's only been broken for like 7 years now lol :thumbup:
makes me wonder if we will get attacked by the summoned reapers again. (when they stopped that from happening, is when the reapers stopped casting)

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Great now players will get killed while they shop at my house. And I'll have to wait to log off when they hit me.

They forgot the reason they turned them off.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They forgot the reason they turned them off.
My best guess is: it was a bug introduced when spellweaving mastery gave us the summoned reaper.

There are a couple hundred other bugs/issues their QA missed / keeps missing.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
uo.com is back up. I figured there'd be more. I don't think these two issues required a hot fix, and no, I don't have a tamer down there. Also kind of wish they'd left the reapers alone.
Ditto didn't mind them not casting... now running through a few areas is going to be a bit more... challenging.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kind of a head scratcher on why reaper casting became a priority patch item over all the other well documented bugs out there.
Maybe they saw a comment in the code showing where casting was turned off, so they just removed it while not remembering why it was done. Quick and easy.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Kind of a head scratcher on why reaper casting became a priority patch item over all the other well documented bugs out there.
someone asked at a meet & greet a couple months ago,
why it was turned off. This person wanted to use the reapers for training resist spells. (this person didn't want to train it at New Haven)

Mesanna didn't know that they stopped casting.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It’s gotta make you wonder what they broke when they fixed it.
Welcome committee outside your Castle on Atl. I use your portals to get to places because my rune to luna is always blocked on Atl. Thanks!

On LS I have the keep in front of this Castle spot. One day @Sellingahouse is going to give me this Castle spot on LS.

1649371643322.png

Last edited:

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Looks at long list of bugs
Looks at what merited a hotfix
Wondering who emailed mesanne..

Jepeth

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
Probably no one emailed Mesanna. People complained at the M&G last month that the reapers didn't cast and then complained that the devs didn't know.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
No one emailed Mesanna. People complained at the M&G last month that the reapers didn't cast and then complained that the devs didn't know.

And after numerous years this merits a hotfix? Ignoring multiple other reported bugs seriously?

Jepeth

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
And after numerous years this merits a hotfix? Ignoring multiple other reported bugs seriously?
As I believe you once said about getting provocation to work in treasures spawn: squeaky wheel.

Or, more likely, the developers don't like the implication of being out-of-the-loop like that.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
As I've said the eyes of the game world are on us if you were in charge or had your name attached would you be happy with what they see

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Can anyone spot anything that tells us that picture from the article is kinda new? I see old deco and a toon wearing a Kasa.

At least someone there may have taken a screenshot at some time.

Nope they stole it from another site. Who probably got it from somewhere else.

So even the eyes of the gaming world do not have a UO account. :lol:

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Anybody using an endless decanter
notice it not working after this bug fix?
I was using mine before this bug fix
but it hasn't worked since the day before this fix.

I use Pinco's UI
but wondering if people who don't use the UI
are having the same issue

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Anybody using an endless decanter
notice it not working after this bug fix?
I was using mine before this bug fix
but it hasn't worked since the day before this fix.

I use Pinco's UI
but wondering if people who don't use the UI
are having the same issue
This isn't meant to be laughing at you but I can't help to chuckle a bit because it wouldn't surprise me if the fix broke that and a few other things. This is kind of what popped into my head of what happened:

UO Team: *Fixes reapers being able to cast and non-crab pets drowning*

UO Player: *Logs in. Decanter doesn't appear to work but instead there is now RNG associated with it. Updated code now does 1 or 3 things. Either waters a reaper outside your house which will kill you / randomly drowns someone else's pet / works as expected and adds water to what you want*

Also UO Player (at next M&G): Hey guys you kinda broke the endless decanter with your hotfix....

UO Team: This is working as expected.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
This isn't meant to be laughing at you but I can't help to chuckle a bit because it wouldn't surprise me if the fix broke that and a few other things. This is kind of what popped into my head of what happened:

UO Team: *Fixes reapers being able to cast and non-crab pets drowning*

UO Player: *Logs in. Decanter doesn't appear to work but instead there is now RNG associated with it. Updated code now does 1 or 3 things. Either waters a reaper outside your house which will kill you / randomly drowns someone else's pet / works as expected and adds water to what you want*

Also UO Player (at next M&G): Hey guys you kinda broke the endless decanter with your hotfix....

UO Team: This is working as expected.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
I was linking my endless decanter to the water in the fountain in New Magincia. It is no longer able to be linked to it. I'm guessing it doesn't want us to drown our plants hehe

I am able to start using it with the water troughs again.
(doesn't help on non-home shards though.
static water troughs don't work, as water sources.)

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was linking my endless decanter to the water in the fountain in New Magincia. It is no longer able to be linked to it. I'm guessing it doesn't want us to drown our plants hehe

Try the trough in the bakery in Haven

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

Mine wasn't able to be linked there either even before this publish because I tried last week when someone had mentioned it here on the forum.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Mine wasn't able to be linked there either even before this publish because I tried last week when someone had mentioned it here on the forum.
i was using it in New Magincia the day before this bug fix on Sonoma, Atlantic & Napa Valley. after this patch, it stopped working.

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please leave the reapers as they are. Remember when they were one hit killing established characters? They also park in front of vendors. Please let them be.

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Please leave the reapers as they are. Remember when they were one hit killing established characters? They also park in front of vendors. Please let them be.
Going to have to stealth while shopping or restocking . Been doing this for years :)

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Reaper fix also fixed the true harrower form, it now casts full necro mage again like it used too. Bout time if you ask me, no more free true harry where it just sits there waiting to die.

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
If you use second account to scout area before you recall , could dispatch it for your non fighters. I do that sometimes. Recall in with a tool macer , paladin to clear the riff raff

Then go about my business as usual.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you use second account to scout area before you recall , could dispatch it for your non fighters. I do that sometimes. Recall in with a tool macer , paladin to clear the riff raff

Then go about my business as usual.
So I need to make fighters on all shards for shopping? Players can't shop with their crafters at my house anymore? When you use the shopping deed to recall, your weapon drops to your pack.

You can lead gargoyles and scorpions away. When reapers are in front of my vendors, they don't leave.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
So I need to make fighters on all shards for shopping? Players can't shop with their crafters at my house anymore? When you use the shopping deed to recall, your weapon drops to your pack.

You can lead gargoyles and scorpions away. When reapers are in front of my vendors, they don't leave.
Would you like to cry into my spellbook strap ? Funny how your attitude about bugs changes when you are personally affected....

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

Funny story... I went around your house and sprinkled a bunch of reaper seeds and fertilizer so that you will have a steady supply to watch outside your window :devil:

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Doing new sash champion spawn for several days with gargoyles on 2 shards. Got like 8 sashes and no eggs at all.
My human toons we're getting eggs quite regularly.
Anybody else have same problem?

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Doing new sash champion spawn for several days with gargoyles on 2 shards. Got like 8 sashes and no eggs at all.
So you did 4 spawns with your gargoyles.

On my elf I've gotten like 4 from the spawn. She's done it about the same amount of times. RNG is a ogre sometimes.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
So you did 4 spawns with your gargoyles.

On my elf I've gotten like 4 from the spawn. She's done it about the same amount of times. RNG is a ogre sometimes.
To actually answer her question yes the eggs have gotten wacky i get them on two characters and don't on others

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I haven't done the spawn is probably a week at this point but I do believe I was able to get an egg on my thrower... but it was like 1 compared to like 3-4 on my weaver. This makes sense though because my thrower isn't damaging nearly as many baddies as my weaver does.