• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 111 on TC1

Johnny Black

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
The new pet skin looks amazing but I would prefer if they allowed us to apply to any bonded pet other than Cu's only. I am not a tamer but I would love my horse to look like one of those dog.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
With them changing the spawn so it's necessary to really participate rather than show at end maybe they can tie recipe drop rate to participation..
It is. You have to do trade runs to guarantee a drop. Doing trade runs and killing Krampus is the most you can participate....

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Some decent stuff in this Pub imho...

Pet no longer going wild is the best, especially seeing as how line of sight issues is what causes them to go wild most of the time. Creative work around to the issue, but at least it is a fix and likely took much less time than fixing the line of sight issues.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Some decent stuff in this Pub imho...

Pet no longer going wild is the best, especially seeing as how line of sight issues is what causes them to go wild most of the time. Creative work around to the issue, but at least it is a fix and likely took much less time than fixing the line of sight issues.
I released a wildfire ostard on TC
and it didn't poof
I was expecting it too
because it came from a statue

wondering if anyone has a paroxymus swamp dragon
if they have tried to do that too
I'm betting they won't poof either
because the wildfire ostard didn't

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I'm not sure about that orb thing...

It looks kind of odd to me.....are you holding it in the palm of your hand? I mean...it's bad enough when you cast a spell your arms go flailing all about and you about knock yourself out with a shield......but how do you hold on to the orb? Yeah yeah I know...magic! *frowns*

And how do you dye it?
craft it with dull copper ingots & you can use pigments on it
I don't have natural dyes on TC to see if you can use it on them

1631135539243.png
when you die it, the orb turns that color, when viewing the character
it literally looks like its in your hand

1631135594365.png
1631135613299.png

1631135645907.png
i wish they would move the talisman on the paperdoll
up a lil bit higher

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
craft it with dull copper ingots & you can use pigments on it
As soon as you transmog it to a shield with stats, you can dye it. Just like the headwear that can not be dyed in plain form.

Are people gonna craft these and just carry for deco? LOL

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
FYI UO has always been this way ... LONG before Korean Fashion MMO's... Why do you think WBB was always a hang-out? Or Luna? It's to show off your "look"... everyone knows that.
Yup all the way back to Shadow and Valorite plate armor. Or odd color shirts.

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
IF you've done your three runs...and IF the RNG likes you.......it hates me.
The original Treasures of Tokuno showed what terrible luck some have. It was greatly improved by the threshold of killing x number of creatures and getting a drop regardless.

Similarly, how about players being able to accept or decline a reward for killing Krampus, and when declining, a point can be "banked" toward choosing a specific reward. That way if someone kills Krampus 10 times or whatever number is determined, at least the player gets something he wants, instead of three earring recipes in a row.

The Black Smith

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
I released a wildfire ostard on TC
and it didn't poof
I was expecting it too
because it came from a statue

wondering if anyone has a paroxymus swamp dragon
if they have tried to do that too
I'm betting they won't poof either
because the wildfire ostard didn't
tested VvV horse
paroxysmus swamp dragon
old faction horse
lasher

all did not dissapear when released.

could tame the VvV mount with another char but could not ride it unless joined VvV
could tame lasher and paroxysmus with another char
could not tame the old faction mount, only the previous owner can tame.

could not identify any potential for exploit. But does open up a way to transfer pets that were previously non transferable.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
tested VvV horse
paroxysmus swamp dragon
old faction horse
lasher

all did not dissapear when released.

could tame the VvV mount with another char but could not ride it unless joined VvV
could tame lasher and paroxysmus with another char
could not tame the old faction mount, only the previous owner can tame.

could not identify any potential for exploit. But does open up a way to transfer pets that were previously non transferable.
Would you be able to test if said pets can be put on a Magincia stall? Thanks

The Black Smith

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
do not have rustic theme pack or gothic theme pack which is required to use the stalls. Come meet me at Mag fel if you wanna try, will be there for 10 mins

edit
released a swampy and VvV mount there for you to find

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
do not have rustic theme pack or gothic theme pack which is required to use the stalls. Come meet me at Mag fel if you wanna try, will be there for 10 mins

edit
released a swampy and VvV mount there for you to find
K thanks pets were gone but I put a bid on a stall. I can try a Triton or Ostard tomorrow.

Players will be happy if they can put Tritons and Ostards on these.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nope Still can not put Statue pets on Magencia Vendors.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
So if bonded pets will not go wild , EJ will be able to have 5 bonded pack horses filled with items?
Gosh , this is really a nice storage upgrade for hoarders.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
So if bonded pets will not go wild , EJ will be able to have 5 bonded pack horses filled with items?
I will have to test that tomorrow
but currently, if a pet has items in it
and you log out, without being on it
then it unbonds and the stuff falls to the ground
for anyone to get

I doubt if they changed that

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Semi happy that the soulstone container is larger.....but not by much.....if you have a bazillion soulstones you will still have to stack them :/

1631192058745.png

I personally don't have that many so what I have will fit nicely inside the usable area. I do like that they didn't change the graphic, the water effect is very pretty and calming.

As for EJ account logging out with a full packy....am trying that now actually.

I logged my second account, bonded a packy, put some stuff in it and logged out at Sweet Dreams.

The character did not insta log like you normally do, she's still in game with her packy. I am going to wait to see what happens.

Okay so after 5 minutes she disappeared but the packy is still here. Same time as heat of battle timer for logging out.

It is 8:15 AM Central time..

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Semi happy that the soulstone container is larger.....but not by much.....if you have a bazillion soulstones you will still have to stack them :/

View attachment 122021

I personally don't have that many so what I have will fit nicely inside the usable area. I do like that they didn't change the graphic, the water effect is very pretty and calming.

As for EJ account logging out with a full packy....am trying that now actually.

I logged my second account, bonded a packy, put some stuff in it and logged out at Sweet Dreams.

The character did not insta log like you normally do, she's still in game with her packy. I am going to wait to see what happens.

Okay so after 5 minutes she disappeared but the packy is still here. Same time as heat of battle timer for logging out.

It is 8:15 AM Central time..
they only hold 20 FULL size Soulstones

1631194382357.png

you can have 3 rows and easily be able to read them

1631194482735.png
this has 9 in a row
very easy to read them

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I'm the kind of person that hates things that overlap.....so I am not 100% happy with the soulstone vessel. I'm sure many people are....I am not one of them lol. Doesn't matter anyway because I don't like the way it looks....too futuristic for UO in my most humble opinon so I will continue to keep mine where they are.

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
They need to make the soul stone container aqua into house floor tiles. That would look so good in a home to go with the marble walls.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
for anyone to get

I don't think the code would be reliable enough if it were written with that rule.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
How does this hurt others?
More importantly are you willing to put your things in a packy and trust?
Not directed at gwen just questions

HRH Liz

Lore Master
UNLEASHED
If every EJ Account can Bond 5 Packies and log out without the Packies going wild then you will see groups of 5Packies all over the place, I can just see every Inn in Tram flooded with Packies.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
If this will happen, devs will see it and definitely make some change/fix in a hurry. This CAN hurt others including me. Such sudden changes always come with a bug or unexpected nerf.

Mene (DF)

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Cinderella

Yes found it this morning. Some liked to stand above clickies when there's new stuff - esp. the first day when the stuff is out for public showing.

Regarding the Soulstone vessel:

The thing looks great - no question, but basically it's just a better designed container. It's quite nice if you want to create a room for yourself as a mage :).

When these things came out - back then with the soulstone fragments as gift and later with the green and then with the blue stones in the expansion packs - I was already fed up with the blinking.
Moreover, they were all account-bound, and I hate clutter. So I thought about how to do it most elegantly and came up with this solution:

1631207530345.png

The gump of the box (you can also get them in the shop) is big enough, and each little golden box holds the Soultstones for each account. And not only 20 items fit in, but 125 items.

Sometimes I really believe that you can't see the simplest solutions for all the trees in the forest ;).

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I personally have always kept a chest for each account ... and in each chest is a bag for each character to place their "personal" items... and then they have a box in each of those chests for Soulstones... where I keep crafting ones on one side and others on the other side... just have always done that ... and yes the perpetual blinking is annoying. It's neat and organized... and each bag is color-coded to the characters... as most of my characters have their own unique and particular color and dress. Makes it easy to know who's is who's... Some of my characters keep loads of personal things and others have none but they all have their set place for stuff.

Though since I've been working towards quitting... I have since gathered up all those items and shoved them in the bank along with pretty much all of my vet rewards and most of my EM Drop items... and anything else I really treasure. That way if I decided I'm done... I'm pretty much ready.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
for anyone to get

They did change it, as I posted on the other forums, my loaded packie logged out with me and was there when I logged back in with items still in it.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yes I went through the gate on TC and then I logged into an actual EJ Account and tried, both with the same results.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Tested again just on the EJ account.

Character logged out at 2:40, packie logged out at 3:18. I had my tamer there to keep loring it, it remained Wonderfully Happy the whole time. Logged back in on that character and the packie was there with the items in it.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Any ideas what Daemon Belt from dynamic spawn does? Hope it is first aid belt, just reskinned.
But will be funny if healing bonus will raise with lower carma.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
View attachment 122008
I love that they made these bigger
Making them bigger does not make them better. They should have been designed to have a drop down menu based on the stones/skills inside the container. Where you can easily view all of the skills available and use them in a simpler way. Then it would have been a true soulstone container, instead it's a pretty deco container. Please don't give the Devs more credit than they deserve on such a simple item.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Making them bigger does not make them better. They should have been designed to have a drop down menu based on the stones/skills inside the container. Where you can easily view all of the skills available and use them in a simpler way. Then it would have been a true soulstone container, instead it's a pretty deco container. Please don't give the Devs more credit than they deserve on such a simple item.
I think they made it this way
so one could transfer the soulstone to another shard
if they needed a skill over there

because what you are suggesting
makes one think, it would become one object

I would rather be able to use my soulstones
where I need them

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Any ideas what Daemon Belt from dynamic spawn does? Hope it is first aid belt, just reskinned.

It makes you look fat... it's rather bulky. Just saying.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's lets you lift 5-10% more in combination with the Valsalva maneuver...whoops. Wrong kind of belt :p