• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 111 on TC1

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings, In preparation for Publish 111 we will be bringing TC1 internal until Tuesday, September 7, 2021. Until that time TC1 will be unavailable. Keep an eye on UO.com for the full Publish 111 release notes. See you in Britannia, UO Team

Continue reading...

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
OMG I LOVE THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

was a white dog. Ill show more.

1631043974652.png

1631044023291.png

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
1631047758871.png

Anniversary Gifts in normal color.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Meh....

Is this what they spend time on ? Meh ...
Maybe you should ask for stuff. A lot of what they did is what I asked for. Or just Baitch. Your choice.

Corwyn

Lake Superior Tabloid Journalist
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I like four of the dogs personally. I'll most likely get the Saint Bernard skin though. I like it best.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Dog's look pretty decent. I wish they also had a Dachshund in there too, but this is a great start. I hope these sell well enough that they offer up more in the future.

Harp color looking pretty neat too.

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Harps, TOT lamp and dogs are so neat. Ty! one thing if that is a German Sheperd, why is it gray? Is it a gray wolf?

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
1631055187732.png

I wanna know how you got all those items so fast.....

Anyway....through normal game play I finally got another Trick or Treat Item

AND I saw a sneaky developer ;)

1631055395784.png

Still haven't gotten a carving kit...again really curious how you got those items so fast.....as I can't even get ONE carving kit, let alone enough to actually get the 2 new designs....

Nothing going on at the spawn area...maybe Kyronix will announce a time to do one.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I went through the gate that says it's to the spawn and there is nothing there.....a few juka.....where do you go?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Harps, TOT lamp and dogs are so neat. Ty! one thing if that is a German Sheperd, why is it gray? Is it a gray wolf?
There is no German Shepard.

• Newfoundland
  • Malamute
  • Great Dane
  • Saint Bernard
  • Russian Terrier
  • Rottweiler

But I like the way that one looks like a wolf.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
View attachment 121990

I wanna know how you got all those items so fast.....

Anyway....through normal game play I finally got another Trick or Treat Item
We've been testing content on since TC1 went up this afternoon. We have a list of things we want(ed) to test and executed it, biggest hold up was finding a friend who had a cu that we could test. lol.

champspawn.PNG

here are some of the 14 drops we got from testing the Champ spawn (and we got 6 or so more from another player who gave them to us).

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The Saint Bernard's Keg spills when he plays dead with pet whistle.

1631059730160.png

The Orb can be a Transmogrify target and you can dye it after. I like the circle is what dyes.

1631059884620.png

Might look cool with the BOD 2 tone dyes.

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is a Malamute! aha! Way cute, all of them are. The dogs. So ty for them.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I'm not sure about that orb thing...

It looks kind of odd to me.....are you holding it in the palm of your hand? I mean...it's bad enough when you cast a spell your arms go flailing all about and you about knock yourself out with a shield......but how do you hold on to the orb? Yeah yeah I know...magic! *frowns*

And how do you dye it?

Mene (DF)

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
SO my dears.... The patch is great - no question about it ... new recipes, new skins etc. etc.... but with all understanding for the current enthusiasm - I can already see the sticking points in some things, which we will definitely cry about again later:

(yes, I know I'm sometimes a buzzkill ;), but before people start complaining about me - stop for a moment and think ;)

New Krampus recipes - without question a great idea, especially because of the Orb... But the question that comes to my mind right away is:
How fast will these recipes drop? Everyone who has ever made Krampus knows what will happen - and here the same happens as with most things that require a certain amount of work beforehand. A few will make the trades and thus tie up time so that Krampus appears at all, only to experience again how some particularly convenient contemporaries only appear exactly when the boss is there. Have you thought about that? If the famous RNG takes effect here again, they will get the "ass card" again, because they will either get one of the old recipes, if you put the new ones on top of the old rewards, or nothing at all, because Krampus will then be finished much too quickly - there are enough top damagers here by now, and son boss lies in 0 comma nothing - similar to the EM bosses ;).

The elite then get everything again, and the rest are left out in the cold. Like every time - I can already see it coming ;). I'd rather know that you can still get these recipes after Krampus somehow - for example through a somewhat more elaborate quest that should be permanently integrated into the game.

And what when you'll than be lucky and get the receipe and your orb.... what than happend in your paperdoll?
This? Are you sure you can still see your talisman or will it disappear or overlap the orb graphic? Has anyone tested this?

1631078173250.png

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
1631078656624.png

Not an issue IMO.

Already did the same:
1631078738849.png

She removed the Tali for the picture.

Mene (DF)

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
K... than somebody had thougt well ;) What still remains to be worked out is how they can better get the recipes to the wider masses and not just the elite hunters!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
New Krampus recipes - without question a great idea, especially because of the Orb... But the question that comes to my mind right away is:
How fast will these recipes drop?
They are recipes. The name of the crafter is not on the Transmogrified item. Someone can make you one.
This one had the crafters name on it.

1631079017299.png

If you don't get the recipe this year you can get it next year. How many Orbs do you need?

Mene (DF)

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
*sighs* ... How many more times?....@Pawain - it's not about any sums, how often I need this recipe, but about the fact that it drops at all in RNG-based events - just think of the stupid earrings - how many runs did some of them need and then some succeeded again immediately. How many times do you want to do Krampus besides all the other stuff to get the thing? 40, 50 or even 60 times? ....Ich definitely not, and I'm not as patient here as I was 20 years ago, when everything was still exciting and new. And i want the recipe this year.. and not next year!

By the way, I need the stupid thing exactly once - for my main worker, who can then hopefully make it for all my chars who want to carry it around in their paperdoll.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
*sighs* ... How many more times?....@Pawain - it's not about any sums, how often I need this recipe, but about the fact that it drops at all in RNG-based events - just think of the stupid earrings - how many runs did some of them need and then some succeeded again immediately. How many times do you want to do Krampus besides all the other stuff to get the thing? 40, 50 or even 60 times? ....Ich definitely not, and I'm not as patient here as I was 20 years ago, when everything was still exciting and new.

By the way, I need the stupid thing exactly once - for my main worker, who can then hopefully make it for all my chars who want to carry it around in their paperdoll.

Or the first person that gets one on your shard can make some for everyone. Just like we did with the Santa hats.

If YOU need everything then YOU need to earn it. They must be easy to get. They had to do Krampus on TC. People had them pretty quickly.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
I had hope that orb will be something that can have shield properties but you will not be able to parry with it. So my thrower can have some SSI and DI without hit chance decrease.
All other templates have no problem using shields even if they have 0 parry.

Chrille

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
How fast will these recipes drop? Everyone who has ever made Krampus knows what will happen - and here the same happens as with most things that require a certain amount of work beforehand. A few will make the trades and thus tie up time so that Krampus appears at all, only to experience again how some particularly convenient contemporaries only appear exactly when the boss is there. Have you thought about that? If the famous RNG takes effect here again, they will get the "ass card" again, because they will either get one of the old recipes, if you put the new ones on top of the old rewards, or nothing at all, because Krampus will then be finished much too quickly - there are enough top damagers here by now, and son boss lies in 0 comma nothing - similar to the EM bosses ;).

The elite then get everything again, and the rest are left out in the cold. Like every time - I can already see it coming ;). I'd rather know that you can still get these recipes after Krampus somehow - for example through a somewhat more elaborate quest that should be permanently integrated into the game.

Not sure if you really know how Krampus rewards are given? You need to do 3 runs to be sure to get a reward, yes you can gamble and not do any runs but then the chance to get a drop is really low. Most players that you think are just coming for the krampus fight have already done their 3 runs and in some way actually helps others to be able to get a drop since they don't advance krampus to spawn to quick before others have had a chance to get their runs in.
After the announcement that Krampus is spawning and no more trade runs are given it's 5 mins until he spawns, which is more then enough time to get to the spot and do some damage or take damage or heal someone that takes damage to get looting rights.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
IF you've done your three runs...and IF the RNG likes you.......it hates me.

I have one title and a coin purse.......one of many coin purses I have gotten...and that's it! No whip recipe...no hat recipe.....I went from 2 part trade runs to 5 part trade runs doing Krampus and have butkis to show for it so getting the orb recipe? Pfft.....not in this lifetime. Yes Allen, people on your shard love to share......I get that and I wish it were like that everywhere but it's not and yes people do like to have things for themselves.....I don't like to depend on other people, a lot of people don't so you can go on and on all day about *Well have someone make it for you* *If you don't get it this year get it next year* What if I'm not around next year?

On a shard like mine it's a bit more difficult..it is getting better but you have to adjust depending on where you are and I am like Veruca Salt!

(I hope you get that reference)

gwen

Slightly Crazed

View attachment 121999

This orb is kinda elite thing. Whip is not, it is a weapon. All race wirlwind one. I really hate it spawns on Krampush only. But I'll try to get them. Or wil buy them (they are too expensive now) from those who will be more lucky.
Orb does nothing except changing your paperdoll and push you to spend some money on transmog potion. Oh, it also
wil make you able to use same shield for your human and garg toons. But we have pirate shield for this.

Dryzzid of Atlantic

Lore Master
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'd love a recipe for blank dyeable bedcovers. The harp and the opal look really cool; can't say I'm a fan of the mobius.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
With them changing the spawn so it's necessary to really participate rather than show at end maybe they can tie recipe drop rate to participation..