• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Origin Issue & 30 day game time codes

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Customer Service
2015 Mar 31 15:32 GMT

Good morning everyone,

We are aware of an issue with purchased 30 day game time codes. Origin has currently stopped selling them until we can replace their codes on file. We are sorry for the delay, but this issue should be resolved by tomorrow.

Thank you,

Mesanna

Continue reading...

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Oh well...
I hope that I will get the code I bought earlier this morning until the end of the week.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Erm... They are still showing up on the Origin store for me here in the UK....

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Same for the Brazil Origin store, in fact.
Edit:
But, please, don't take it down!
We never got Stygian Abyss and King's collection never returned to the store after it was taken down.
I would hate to see the 1 month gametime codes to leave never to return on our Origin store. :(

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Amazing. First time I have heard of a company running out of virtual inventory. *rolls eyes*
This used to happen frequently to the old uogamecodes.com. It didn't make sense then, it still doesn't make sense now.

UO seems to be the only mmo whose online store(s) is routinely dysfunctional enough that it serves as a detriment to the overall experience...

Beldin Brightaxe

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, I just read this after I tried once again to purchase another 30 day game time code.

Of course, they won't give you a code, but they will bill you for one.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seriously this is ridiculous. The post on UO.com says "Origin has currently stopped selling them" which is not true (maybe in the US store) they have? They are still showing on the UK store and reading the replies above other stores also are still selling.

Surely they should pull them off the store first THEN make the post on UO.com once they have actually been removed? Its not that hard to do is it?!

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Whats even more funny is the "illegal" 3rd party sites that sell all the UO codes and items/gold etc. seem to offer better customer support and buying experience than the official store.
Customer what?

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Surely they should pull them off the store first THEN make the post on UO.com once they have actually been removed? Its not that hard to do is it?!
You'd actually hope they would have automated alerts that their 'stock' of codes was low and generate more, or that they would realise there was a problem before people started having money taken but no codes sent out and then raised it with the totally useless EA help systems - which in any rational organisation would trigger someone in the organisation to at least look into the problem ... but it looks like they remained in the dark about the problem until it got mentioned on the forums!

Why does anyone ever consider EA a professional organisation, it's a total shambles but somehow makes enough cash they can 'afford' to be useless.....

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I really love the "should be resolved by tomorrow" part.

Should I expect a "It is fixed message tomorrow"?

Then a "Ha, Ha. April Fools !!!! We're still working on it."
No the april fools part is when they promise your money back for the codes you purchased recently and never received!

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Whats even more funny is the "illegal" 3rd party sites that sell all the UO codes and items/gold etc. seem to offer better customer support and buying experience than the official store.
Doesn´t make them less shady though.

morPR

PRmeister
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Amazing. First time I have heard of a company running out of virtual inventory. *rolls eyes*
What are you talking about, Willis?

Sorry. Old joke. But, really you're kinda wrong about it being impossible to run out of a "virtual inventory" ... Codes have to be the hottest selling concept of this modern world.

It's like they print out these paper cards and sell them at Walmart or wherever. Want minutes on your phone? Buy a card. Want to play a month or two on a game? Buy a card.

You buy the card, scratch off the silverish stuff on it that reveals the holy code on it, enter that on the internet or whatever, then toss the code card in the trash.

But it must be more complicated than everyone is making it sound. I have no idea how they generate the things, but they also need the software available that is capable of recognizing the code has been used before and is invalid.

Personally if they say "we will have the issue resolved tomorrow," that's really freaking great! In fact, it's kinda amazing in away!!!

One time I bought the second volume of the Hobbit trilogy on bluray. It came with an ultraviolet code for a digital version. I accidentally rendered the code I had invalid and customer service just basically told me I was SOL and sorta tried to con me into buying a HD version for 14.99. I could prove I bought the darn thing, but the guy didn't care.

As for other virtual items like tokens, is it possible to run out? ... Well, considering everything you buy on Origin Store has a randomized code thingie attached t o it which you have to register... I'm surprised this doesn't happen more often. :D

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We are aware of an issue with purchased 30 day game time codes. Origin has currently stopped selling them until we can replace their codes on file. We are sorry for the delay,
Origin is STILL selling them.

I'm SO past my breaking point with lag, the rag tag account management, the idiotic people that run the Origin store and feeling like I'm in a supporting role in Slumdog Millionaire II when I try to get support.

:grrr:

Zynia

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So.. if we bought game times.. got codes and they worked.. we're good?

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
What are you talking about, Willis?

Sorry. Old joke.

Not that old a joke, I hope.

Now as to the game time codes, Mesanna has addressed it, said they know there is an issue and they'll be fixing it ASAP!.

LetheGL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's tomorrow, is it fixed ( I need a code.... )?? The page on the Origin store shows the codes for sale with no notice about any issues fixed or otherwise. Do I need to purchase something, lose my money and then deal with incompetent customer support as per usual?

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I bought one yesterday before they announced that there was a problem.
There is no sign of my code as of now and my order is still at processing status.

I would wait a bit more before doing so.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
72 hours since I ordered that code, and no code as of yet...
I wonder if this is getting fixed.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
30 day codes are still showing on the store. Fixed or not?

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I just got the codes for the items I ordered (x-fer token, 10 uses forged metal, legacy token), but there is still no sign of my one month game time code...

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I bought a 30 day code yesterday and it worked fine. I copied and pasted the code from the web page before I even checked my email.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i picked up 3 yesterday from the store and put them on 3 different accounts - all worked fine.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
The one I ordered on the 31st is yet to be delivered, but the one I bought yesterday worked like a charm.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Well, 8 days later and I managed to get a refund for my purchase that was stuck on processing.
If you bought codes that weren't delivered on the 30th or the 31st, try contacting the Origin support to get a refund issued.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I need to add game time to an account now. Is it safe to buy a 30 day yet?

As usual f**k all update from the dev team about this.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Yes, it is safe to buy new 30 days gametime codes now.

Samuel_AD

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I'm trying to retrieve a code "already used" who sent me the origin day 28/03.

Already sent photos, and all .... After all the investigated process, Uo Support responded to me to send the account name for them redeem the code 30 days.

Waiting, and Waiting..... They simply stopped responding my e-mail, about 6 days ago..

AtlanticRealtor

ICQ 647752375
Stratics Veteran
I dont think the support@ email is working, because I sent over 10 emails and never got 1 single answer, not even the auto response

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Isn't it so great that Broadsword(UO) updated us on this or that Stratics reached out to Broadsword(UO) to get an update.