• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Official Notice

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Game
2014 May 29 21:46 GMT

Greetings all,

On www.broadsword.com you will find a message from Broadsword leadership about the recent events regarding EA Mythic. I would like to assure our players that this in no way affects our relationship with Electronic Arts. Everything that has been stated with UO will continue as promised.

We look forward to our continued partnership with EA to ensure a bright and exciting future for Ultima Online.

Bonnie "Mesanna" Armstrong
UO Producer

皆さん こんにちは。

EAミシックについての最近の出来事であるブロードソードのリーダーシップについての記事はこちらのリンクwww.broadsword.comで読む事ができます。
エレクトロニックアーツと私達の関係に全く影響が出ない事をプレイヤーの皆さんに保証します。ウルティマオンラインでの約束はそのまま引き継がれます。
私達はウルティマオンラインの未来が明るく楽しく続けられる為、EAとのパートナーシップを継続いたします。

Bonnie "Mesanna" Armstrong
UO Producer

Continue reading...

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's just the kind of announcement I'd expect to see before they're willing to admit UO is being canceled to squeeze the last few months of subs out before they announce the official plug pulling and the userbase flees like rats from a sinking ship.

Garrett.

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
That's just the kind of announcement I'd expect to see before they're willing to admit UO is being canceled to squeeze the last few months of subs out before they announce the official plug pulling and the userbase flees like rats from a sinking ship.
The boss has just announced that it's business as usual - so quit with the sky is falling marlarky, it's boring - thanks....

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
wtf? they stopped selling 6month game time codes. now im worried.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
LOL, well ya gotta admit, they did add ATMs to Sims where you could buy simoleans for RL money right b efore they shut it down.

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
wtf? they stopped selling 6month game time codes. now im worried.
Just bought 3 not sure what you are talking about friend.

:drama::lame:

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Broadsword assumed operational control of Mythic's profitable MMOs. Mythic was going to transition to a purely mobile studio, but their initial mobile titles stumbled.

Guess I'm not too surprised. However, I'm pleasantly surprised at the UO improvements Broadsword has in the pipeline.

The Mythic team will find new opportunities, and Broadsword will carry UO and DAoC forward. Keep calm and drink more.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I guess some things never change... but eventually the gloom and doomers will be right (decades down the road hopefully), I mean it can't run forever.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I guess some things never change... but eventually the gloom and doomers will be right (decades down the road hopefully), I mean it can't run forever.
Nothing lasts forever, but one can usually find something, however small, to enjoy each day... and hopefully look forward to another. :)

Emil Ispep

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, this seems like the appropriate thread, so here goes:

Thank you.

Ty for 16 years and tens of thousands of hours of entertainment. I am not going anywhere soon.. I have wayyy too much fun playing this game. No other game that i have ever played is remotely close to what i get out of UO. The people i have met, play with, played with and will play with are well worth the time and money that i pay whomever each month.

I look forward to the decades of UO to come.

You can charge me double per account, and ill still be here, wanting more >=).

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Shhh ... I'd pay double for my two accounts, but my wife would freak out and make me quit again.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I feel we are in good hands, they care for us and the game, not only about making money from the game.
Healing the damage done to the games years ago take time but the last years had been good for UO. They love the game and I believe they will bring back the feeling of living in a virtual world.
UO is not just a game, you can't win or finish UO.
UO is a world where you have friends, enemies, customers and work you need to do.
Over the years, we had seen players try to use UO to make RL cash, that did hurt the game badly. Peoples reason to play should be the community in UO, to hang out with friends, help friends with what they need, protect their world against evil, that evil NPC's or for them who like it, evil players. Running a shop, making orders for customers or just go fishing or treasure hunting with some friends, there is so many thing to do in UO and UO should be for all, both the peaceful ones who not want to do any fighting and the ones who only craft and kill mobs if they can't buy the stuff they need.
This have been my second life for 16 years, it's my home, when RL allow me to take a break.

Winter

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
And yet another Continue reading... which when clicked has nothing else to say.... pffft. :dunce:
Those are automatically generated. The "Continue Reading" summary ends after a defined number of characters, or forced after a teaser break. They are just adding the teaser break at the end of the article, so everything in the article shows.

It would make more sense just to turn that feature off, because it does confuse readers.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not surprised about Mythic really. The last "Ultima" game was terrible, then Dungeon Keeper was another massive flop (maybe due to the ridiculous in app purchases). Its sad when anyone looses a job so I hope all the staff get back on their feet soon. Good news that UO is under Broadsword. Long live UO!

Longtooths

Supreme Commander
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'd pay double for my 6 accounts as well, if it meant keeping the gae running. There are a lot of new revenue generating ideas in Uhall if money was a problem you would see them utilizing them. I hope to pass down my UO empire to my children to be honest.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Broadsword assumed operational control of Mythic's profitable MMOs. Mythic was going to transition to a purely mobile studio, but their initial mobile titles stumbled.

Guess I'm not too surprised. However, I'm pleasantly surprised at the UO improvements Broadsword has in the pipeline.

The Mythic team will find new opportunities, and Broadsword will carry UO and DAoC forward. Keep calm and drink more.

I just hope that most if not all of the money coming from UO's monthly subscriptions and codes being sold is getting reinvested into the game towards those UO improvements you mention so that all of the returning UO players will find good reasons to stick with the game for months, years to come....

Also, I understand that things must be done one step at a time, but Ultima Online NEEDS, IMHO, a brand whole new expansion to bring the game back onto games magazines, stores' shelves and all that (new advertisement and all that...) so as to try get brand new players to the game.
Of course, better first get the fine tuning of the Enhanced Client and UIs done as well as the Virtues vs. Vices system.....

Nonetheless, I do think that little by little resources should be set aside towards the work on a brand new whole expansion for UO because when time will be ready for it, IMHO, only a brand new whole expansion will be able to get new advertisement and hopefully a significative increase of the players base....

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I feel we are in good hands, they care for us and the game, not only about making money from the game.
Healing the damage done to the games years ago take time but the last years had been good for UO. They love the game and I believe they will bring back the feeling of living in a virtual world.
UO is not just a game, you can't win or finish UO.
UO is a world where you have friends, enemies, customers and work you need to do.
Over the years, we had seen players try to use UO to make RL cash, that did hurt the game badly. Peoples reason to play should be the community in UO, to hang out with friends, help friends with what they need, protect their world against evil, that evil NPC's or for them who like it, evil players. Running a shop, making orders for customers or just go fishing or treasure hunting with some friends, there is so many thing to do in UO and UO should be for all, both the peaceful ones who not want to do any fighting and the ones who only craft and kill mobs if they can't buy the stuff they need.
This have been my second life for 16 years, it's my home, when RL allow me to take a break.

Thank you FrejaSP, that sums up my feelings about Ultima Online pretty much.....

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had a feeling after reading of the drop of a good many titles in the stockmarket pages of late on EA.
The closing of Mythic was written in the virginia sands over a year ago..
So this didnt come as a big issue, meaning I am not running around like a chicken with its head cut off or like chicken little screaming "the sky is falling.."
Remember.. EA only takes our money, THEY NO LONGER RUN UO.
I hope the people who didnt jump ship with our crew have an easy time of transition to new jobs and all goes well for them.
I do thank Bonnie for the news and the pointing out that we are safe.
So take it as so. We make $. EA knows that... Why do you think they still hold the purse strings.
On a brighter note...
I have been seeing more life on the shards and many "young" running around in haven on many shards. This is good and I think our entry to Steam is helping...

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Remember.. EA only takes our money, THEY NO LONGER RUN UO.

I did not understand that part. If EA takes our subscriptions/codes money but does not run the game, those who run the game, how can they run it without our subscriptions/codes money ?

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I did not understand that part. If EA takes our subscriptions/codes money but does not run the game, those who run the game, how can they run it without our subscriptions/codes money ?
Broadsword runs the game...

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not nessessarrly... They may own the profets from said game and still offload the game to a new entity though giving a protion to that company as a share. Now that might not be UO's position but you get the idea. Broadsword has the everyday running as it see's fit to do with the games, EA collects the funds and provids a portion of the game profets to cover operations.
Contrary to alot of naysayers UO makes a tidy sum in profet still.
Even with their messed up billing and store flubs we generate a good deal of funds and we have a very low overhead in running costs.
Or we wouldbe in the trash heap EA has created, Gamespy shutting down also cloesd down tons of EA titles and there is no other outlet for the players of those game to go to for play....

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
due to my job i am forced to think in straight lines.
go from A to B.
when trying to reason something out i often find that i follow Occam's Razor way of thought.
(the simplest answer is often correct).

so when stepping back and looking at this i see one thing.
mythic knows its going under, 2 of its games that still work are given to another company to run.
so mythic just HAPPENED to give the games to Broadsword a couple months back out of the blue?
hahaha, im sure if we where privy to the inner boardroom talk broadsword didnt just stumble onto the scene at the exact right time with the exact right people, oh and they took all the mythic employee's who are HAPPY to go?
no, A goes to B.
mythic knew and has known for a while they where going under so they farmed out UO.
which is a good thing!
they could have clutched UO to their dieing chest as they went under then we would be sitting here discussing who was going to pitch in for a freeserver instead of sitting here discussing mythic's passing with mild interest.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
EA collects the funds and provids a portion of the game profets to cover operations.

Well, as a player of Ultima Online, interested in its enhancement (which needs resources...) it would be interesting to know of the 100% of resources WE the players provide through out monthly subscriptions and UO codes that we buy, what portion actually comes back into UO as resources invested into the game, and what portion goes anywhere else but not back into UO's enhancements...

Goodmann

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just hope that most if not all of the money coming from UO's monthly subscriptions and codes being sold is getting reinvested into the game towards those UO improvements you mention so that all of the returning UO players will find good reasons to stick with the game for months, years to come....

Also, I understand that things must be done one step at a time, but Ultima Online NEEDS, IMHO, a brand whole new expansion to bring the game back onto games magazines, stores' shelves and all that (new advertisement and all that...) so as to try get brand new players to the game.
Of course, better first get the fine tuning of the Enhanced Client and UIs done as well as the Virtues vs. Vices system.....

Nonetheless, I do think that little by little resources should be set aside towards the work on a brand new whole expansion for UO because when time will be ready for it, IMHO, only a brand new whole expansion will be able to get new advertisement and hopefully a significative increase of the players base....
Not gonna happen, were in maintenance mode/life support. I totally agree with you on the expansion ect but never gonna happen. We barely got enough of a team to put 1 pub out every 4 months much less a expansion. Broadsword has been involved for 4 months now and we have yet to see any progress. I have been spending my time playing other MMO's until we get some substantial change in the game. Check out some other MMO's and see what kind of pubs/content they put out. Makes me sick to know that UO is 10x better than the other MMO's but we dont get the support that they do.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Makes me sick to know that UO is 10x better than the other MMO's but we dont get the support that they do.

I agree, but what would really be interesting to know, is whether the current flow of resources through monthly subscriptions and codes for UO sold would be enough to fund an expansion which would bring Ultima Online up again in advertisement and bring home new subscriptions from brand new players who never played UO before.....

If part of the current revenues gets elsewhere and is not reinvested into UO, then of course there is a lack of resources to enhance the game to the point where an expansion can be done to bring into UO brand new players....

My opinion is that, as you say, Ultima Online is much better then most games out there, but it would be necessary to believe into it and for some time re-invest as much resources that it generates as possible (up to 100% ?), back into it, to enhance the game to the point where it would be appealing to new players (i.e. a new expansion and a better client/graphics....).

Why have it in life support if it could be reanimated and brought up to a brand new life ? I do not understand....

What I would like to know, to evaluate UO's appeal towards brand new players, is how a teenager feels in regards to playing Ultima Online.

Do they like the depth of the game ? The freedom of its game play ? The pros of the game are good and sound enough to counter its cons ?

When they compare it to other games they may have played or are playing, how does UO stand ? Do they also have the same feeling of core UO players that UO is much better than most games out there ?

How many potential players of Ultima Online who might get great enjoyment from playing it (and bring much needed additional resources to UO....) do not even know that it exists because they are too young (it has been years now since UO was fully advertised around...) ?

Last edited:

Serafi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As long as UO is highly profitable, the game will be here. Since most of us players are oldies with income, we tend to use the game store a lot. Only subscription fees would not ensure UO`s surviveability. I highly doubt a new enhanced version of UO is or will ever be in the making for years to come. It will cost too much. Why invest in something they may or may not profit from, when they already profit from what is? UO has it`s target player base, and it is not those who constantly are upgrading their computers to be able to play the latest games.

Spiritless

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Makes me sick to know that UO is 10x better than the other MMO's but we dont get the support that they do.
The problem is, it isn't. Only in the deluded mind of some vets who have little experience with anything else.

Sad to say but many systems in UO show their age and they should work on fixing these before planing expansions, etc. Also, the reality is that with the current monthly cost the game will be very hard pressed to attract new players. The feedback from gamers in general in the Steam comments section outlines this point well enough.

UO will never be a thriving game as it was in the past without some very comprehensive changes both in and out of game.

Valura

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How many potential players of Ultima Online who might get great enjoyment from playing it (and bring much needed additional resources to UO....) do not even know that it exists because they are too young (it has been years now since UO was fully advertised around...) ?
Well I can share our experiences. Our sons (who have seen us play UO on and off over the years) have subscribed and play UO frequently. They are hardcore gamers, they have played loads of MMOs, raided and Pvped, played every bit of FPS and RPG eye candy that Microsoft and Steam can throw at them but still they sit down and play UO. Our youngest has said that he loves the openness and freedom of UO, they are both amazed at the sheer scope and range of things to do, the incredible detail and thought that has gone into a game this old. UO is not a shallow experience.

UO is a treasure with a richness and breadth of experience that other games simply cannot match and I doubt that it will ever be replicated. There is always something else to do in game if you have the imagination. I would love to see new content and bigger exposure for the game so that others can share and enjoy the world we play in. It won't be for everyone, but I would be willing to bet that there are many others out there who would be snared by Sosaria as we have all been. I would welcome them.

Flagg

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
due to my job i am forced to think in straight lines.
go from A to B.
when trying to reason something out i often find that i follow Occam's Razor way of thought.
(the simplest answer is often correct).

so when stepping back and looking at this i see one thing.
mythic knows its going under, 2 of its games that still work are given to another company to run.
so mythic just HAPPENED to give the games to Broadsword a couple months back out of the blue?
hahaha, im sure if we where privy to the inner boardroom talk broadsword didnt just stumble onto the scene at the exact right time with the exact right people, oh and they took all the mythic employee's who are HAPPY to go?
no, A goes to B.
mythic knew and has known for a while they where going under so they farmed out UO.
which is a good thing!
they could have clutched UO to their dieing chest as they went under then we would be sitting here discussing who was going to pitch in for a freeserver instead of sitting here discussing mythic's passing with mild interest.
Eh, doesn't crew listing of Broadsword make it apparent enough nothing was exactly " given" from Mythic to Broadsword. Rather, Mythic was cut and sliced apart. MMO portions of it were simply re-structured and renamed Broadsword. I am sure UO(and DAOC too, for that matter) came very close to getting beheaded right there and then. It is awesome UO survived. Seems likely Broadsword is better, less dysfunctional environment to run UO in than Mythic ever was.

I think it is beyond doubt EA is still ultimately the one to call the shots financially. They get our sub fees, they sell us in-game items via Origin. They pay the rent, salaries of Broadsword. And of course, they own the entire Ultima franchise still.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The problem is, it isn't. Only in the deluded mind of some vets who have little experience with anything else.

Sad to say but many systems in UO show their age and they should work on fixing these before planing expansions, etc. Also, the reality is that with the current monthly cost the game will be very hard pressed to attract new players. The feedback from gamers in general in the Steam comments section outlines this point well enough.

UO will never be a thriving game as it was in the past without some very comprehensive changes both in and out of game.
Well, I have doubts that any other game can be named past or existing with the same depth of Ultima Online.....
Surely the graphics of UO is outdated but as far as freedom of play and depth of what can be done in the game I can hardly think of another game that might even get close to Ultima Online....

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well I can share our experiences. Our sons (who have seen us play UO on and off over the years) have subscribed and play UO frequently. They are hardcore gamers, they have played loads of MMOs, raided and Pvped, played every bit of FPS and RPG eye candy that Microsoft and Steam can throw at them but still they sit down and play UO. Our youngest has said that he loves the openness and freedom of UO, they are both amazed at the sheer scope and range of things to do, the incredible detail and thought that has gone into a game this old. UO is not a shallow experience.

UO is a treasure with a richness and breadth of experience that other games simply cannot match and I doubt that it will ever be replicated. There is always something else to do in game if you have the imagination. I would love to see new content and bigger exposure for the game so that others can share and enjoy the world we play in. It won't be for everyone, but I would be willing to bet that there are many others out there who would be snared by Sosaria as we have all been. I would welcome them.
Then there definately is hope and a bright future possible for Ultima Online IF there is steady and continuous reinvestment of resources into the game to enhance it and bring it up to date in what might be lacking because of its old age. If Ultima Online as it is now, is still appealing and competitive as compared to more modern games to young players, imagine what new gamers' numbers it could attract if steady and generous resources where invested into it...........

My only concern, is that too much of whatever revenues UO can currently produce now might go elsewhere rather then be reinvested into the game..............

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok from what the market rumor mill has out there, Mythic was purchased by EA and EA did its thing like it did to Origin Systems our parent company.
They paid for it.
As is, over time moved in to key spots its own people, who ferrited out the goods that are productive and moveable personel.
Nipped out what it saw was an obstruction, and then started the cuts.
As EA lost in the market by bad quarter earnings figures... well we know the loss of Dev personel and services cutting all too well.
The industry as a whole is shrinking, the time for sit down gaming is getting a nip and tuck as pads and iphone games take over free seconds in a persons day.
Tell me you have not seen people on the street, resturant or bus,train or plane playing the quickie games....
GameSpy was just one of many to fold and EA shut down alot of its titles with the promise of looking for other venue's to put them on... yea right promise from EA is as good as your dog winning the kentucky durby in a horse suit. * My opinion*
Our good luck is riding on Steam....
IF and boy its a big if...
We need players... this offering just might get us back on track for more sobust shards again...
*but*
(you know it was coming)
I dont know the exact Bad Blood between EA and Garrott but that Richard has a working virsion of a future UO ish game many of the rumors going around the mill is many of the movers and shakers on Atlantic have sold out much of their UO holdings and are ready to jump ship to this new game. 3/4s of Luna property has changed hands.... Now one might say it is normal turnover... and its the season...for a lull in the game.... Now add in the Ex Dev making a UOish game on top of that....
I dont like the "sky is falling " little chickens.
I'd like to go back to the days where the Dev are being hounded for more land and more house space...
There is something comforting about my game then...
It's not going anywhere.
Cross your fingers kiddies.....

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm going no where. I looked at Mr Garriot's offering - it's too rich for my pocket.
Besides, I still enjoy UO daily, I'm not looking for new pastures.
Talk to some of the people who run new player houses. They're busy. I talk to new and returning players daily in Help chat. I know at least a couple of players who have been playing just over one year.
No, the game doesn't have as many players as it did once - there's a lot more competition now
Yes, the game is 'niche' and only appeals to a certain part of the market
But. No, it's not in as bad a state as some people are so determined to have us believe.
May I remind you that Broadsword is hiring?
http://stratics.com/community/members/genji.168690/
http://www.broadsword.com/careers.html

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
UO for now is still in a class all it's own.... however there are more "sandboxes" in the works right NOW. ArchAge has begun... EQNext is in the making promising a massive work as they prepare it with EQLandmark it's building game.... a game built to build EQNext. Offering rich graphics something UO will NEVER have.

While Neverwinter follows the cookie cutter set forth by many old games like WoW...... Hand hold questing game of levels. The problem with games like that is a powergamer powers thru them then is itching for more because once the quests and levels are complete..... they offer NOTHING to keep you in the game without MASSIVE dev time in creating a new expansion...... which can take a very long time..... and can epically fail. Such as the first attempt to redo FFXI which resulted in a massive fail of FFXIV........ Then a huge firing by them to finally redo FFXIV to be still more of FFXI only slightly better system..... and reput it out... Cost them quite a bit.

UO is just not worth that. And I'm pretty sure after they flopped yet again with KR it was ready for the chopping block then. Sadly the only reason KR truly failed is because once again they built something and weren't willing to give it the love and attention it needed.... and the artists they hired for the project quite honestly sucked. They made TOO many major changes to the way things looked and didn't realize that the player base would be offended.

Another BIG problem UO has is that there is no way for a new player to start playing without an old player showing them everything they need to learn and investing hours and hours of teaching time. Most old players aren't willing to do that. There is no "tutorial" not even for the simplest of things. The official website is NOT going to help new players and it's impossible for them to find answers.... They aren't going to know to come to Stratics and why would they? Not that we'd get new players with graphics from the 90's.

People don't want to put this much effort into playing something anymore. They want something they can play while waiting to pick up the kids, or while waiting to catch their next bus or plane.... Or something like that. And the EM events which is ALL that is going on of late are geared toward high end characters. New players don't have the money to fund the 20+ deaths they are going to have at the EM event and quickly lose interest and leave. They want to make money but the only way to turn a true profit in the game is to attend events they can't do...... solo bosses they aren't skilled enough to solo..... or buy the gold from a 3rd party. something most new players aren't going to do. Again something that's going to be a HUGE turn off.

Most returning players also aren't going to have the ability to do these things...... they are lost and angry to have to pay another investment to play by having to buy their re-sub, then turn around and purchase Styngian Abyss then if they want to use the boats turn around and buy High Seas...... and then be expected to relearn everything they once knew about crafting..... gather 100's of ingredients from the Abyss...... largely alone.....

Truth is UO has become a greed filled soloists game. Even the EM events are mostly about Greed. There is NOTHING in this game anymore that honestly brings the community together... There is little in the game for a group to hunt and most folk are too greedy to want to be part of a group while hunting because they get more "stuff" to sell SOLO. And again it's all about what stuff is worth.... that's all I hear in game anymore.

No more what's going on..... it's what do you get from that? How much does that go for? Price check this and price check that....

We have lost sight of what UO was and turned it into Ultima Cash Grab.