• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UO.com newsletter

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Well
Did you all forget they had not only just the publish to get out, but add in anniversary gifts, rewards, Halloween, Thanksgiving and all its goodies, Christmas gifts to be turned on. Top this with December being a vacation month for them and the EM staff. (and mind you Kyronix and Bleak did work on every thing from shard issues to wild bugs.....) Not to mention hiring new GM's (one in japan shards to speak to the English players), looking for replacements for retiring EMs in Asia, and ours too.
This takes a lot of time.... they do have home lives that are not part of UO. (though many don't think in that light)
All this and now a snow storm that had made life a bit more difficult.... we are not talking a few measly inches.
I do know that a few well voiced players nearly scuttled any pet revamp for those of us who wanted out older pets brought up to speed... thanks a lot guys... not!
Bugs being worked on is this next publish.... and yes they got a ear full of the resent bugs we have been stuck with.
As for Stream..... well Mesanna said its in EA's court.... and It looks like its a dead issue. its EA we all know those idiots cant fight their way out of a paper bag much less do something right for us.
I do know the Dev are working (when the roads are plowed) on things to come.
I know your like little kids who want it now,,,, but give them time... this game is like Rome... not built in a day.
You're comparing apples to oranges.

A). us little kids pay their salary
B). This is asking for a news letter, not a game revamp.
C). This is something they promoted and then didn't follow through on.
D). They just worked so hard and gave tamers a new pet, they can't possibly have time to waste on a unneeded pet revamp if they don't even have time to put a quick news letter out with a few bullet points.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well
Did you all forget they had not only just the publish to get out, but add in anniversary gifts, rewards, Halloween, Thanksgiving and all its goodies, Christmas gifts to be turned on. Top this with December being a vacation month for them and the EM staff. (and mind you Kyronix and Bleak did work on every thing from shard issues to wild bugs.....) Not to mention hiring new GM's (one in japan shards to speak to the English players), looking for replacements for retiring EMs in Asia, and ours too.
This takes a lot of time.... they do have home lives that are not part of UO. (though many don't think in that light)
All this and now a snow storm that had made life a bit more difficult.... we are not talking a few measly inches.
I do know that a few well voiced players nearly scuttled any pet revamp for those of us who wanted out older pets brought up to speed... thanks a lot guys... not!
Bugs being worked on is this next publish.... and yes they got a ear full of the resent bugs we have been stuck with.
As for Stream..... well Mesanna said its in EA's court.... and It looks like its a dead issue. its EA we all know those idiots cant fight their way out of a paper bag much less do something right for us.
I do know the Dev are working (when the roads are plowed) on things to come.
I know your like little kids who want it now,,,, but give them time... this game is like Rome... not built in a day.
I appreciate your wanting to defend the dev team but on this one... come on. The first (and last) newsletter was over half a year ago. How many months do they need to put out the second month of the newsletter?

We didn't demand a newsletter, they offered it. I would also add, I think is post was more "wtf happened with the newsletter idea" than the "WE WANT IT NOW WAH WAH" mentality that you are framing it as.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I think the disgust over not getting any communication is clearly noted in not just my posts but post after post after post. Is asking for a little communication really that horrible? Honestly, you want to talk about whiny...

I don't think it's too much to ask.... we are after all just really wanting something to look forward to... so reason to keep shelling out our sub every month... We love UO too and well we just want to know whats going on.

I miss 5 on Friday too. I miss lots of things.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I think the disgust over not getting any communication is clearly noted in not just my posts but post after post after post. Is asking for a little communication really that horrible? Honestly, you want to talk about whiny...

I don't think it's too much to ask.... we are after all just really wanting something to look forward to... so reason to keep shelling out our sub every month... We love UO too and well we just want to know whats going on.

I miss 5 on Friday too. I miss lots of things.
Doing the 5 on friday would be a good step in the right direction.

Right now all I know is they're fixing bugs in their next publish, (coming out when?) As well as nerfing holy fist.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Doing the 5 on friday would be a good step in the right direction.

Right now all I know is they're fixing bugs in their next publish, (coming out when?) As well as nerfing holy fist.
"March" which means people may need to lower their expectations for Valentine's Day (rehued clicky-acquired items is my guess). I'm also guessing that communication will continue to remain abysmal until then as well. :oops: (barring Kyronix's usually decent ability to post)

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
"March" which means people may need to lower their expectations for Valentine's Day (rehued clicky-acquired items is my guess). I'm also guessing that communication will continue to remain abysmal until then as well. :oops: (barring Kyronix's usually decent ability to post)
He is the only one in the staff that seems to be able to communicate on more frequent basis.

I use the term frequent loosely.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Bleak does sometimes post when it's something he can answer and he does read...... is my guess but honestly the communication level needs to improve.... drastically if they want to keep people playing and paying.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah the communication is just abysmal, honestly. Don't even try to deny it. Compare dev trackers at other forums to ours. SWTOR for instance has more posts this week than our devs in the last month, and several of them are quite long and full of details on upcoming changes.

We never get details on upcoming changes until they're basically set in stone and on test center, where they very rarely change before being pushed to all shards.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Ok posted some UO vids on this thread for anybody else that may be interested in ideas on making their own videos.

UO Training Vids
Seriously? For new players? I made it halfway through the mining training video and couldn't stand it any more. That's enough to discourage any new player from ever wanting to mine at all. What an overly complicated mess. Just hit wherever you're mining with a shovel, hit with a prospector tool, hit with a gargoyle pickaxe, hit a macro that repeats 10x, click on the pile of ore, click on the fire beetle to smelt to ingot in your backpack. Simple. The only macro you had to create was "use item" and click it to repeat 10x.

Corwyn

Lake Superior Tabloid Journalist
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Seriously? For new players? I made it halfway through the mining training video and couldn't stand it any more. That's enough to discourage any new player from ever wanting to mine at all. What an overly complicated mess. Just hit wherever you're mining with a shovel, hit with a prospector tool, hit with a gargoyle pickaxe, hit a macro that repeats 10x, click on the pile of ore, click on the fire beetle to smelt to ingot in your backpack. Simple. The only macro you had to create was "use item" and click it to repeat 10x.
Yeah... there needs to be a very simple set of videos to get people started. Nothing fancy... no crazy macros or UI pictures. Just information in a rudimentary fashion.

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Yep dude. It was just a way to get ideas for people who are wanting to make videos. You know make them much simpler and to the point or just show what you can do in UO. Doesn't have to be a tedious video just showing the basics. I didn't make them I found them on youtube anyway.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yep dude. It was just a way to get ideas for people who are wanting to make videos. You know make them much simpler and to the point or just show what you can do in UO. Doesn't have to be a tedious video just showing the basics. I didn't make them I found them on youtube anyway.
Appreciate your intention, wasn't meant as a swipe against you - possibly the person who made that video was thinking of tips for advanced players - just didn't want that one to get on the list for new players