• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] New Ultima Store Item: Virtue Shield

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aiming to become a paragon of virtue? This stylish Virtue Shield is sure to draw the attention even the most discerning of warriors! This shield grants a bonus to virtue points gained while quipped! The shield also provides resists, penalty free spell channeling, and defense chance increase! Humans, elves, and gargoyles alike can take advantage of personalizing their shield with metallic, plant, and specialty pigments. Get your Virtue Shield from the Ultima Store today!

Continue reading...

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like that it has no mods, maybe they're extending the hidden lower mana cost armour inherent bonuses and just removing mods from everything.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so i gotta log into the game now? i'm not that curious.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so i gotta log into the game now? i'm not that curious.
Ive not looked either so have not idea. Would be pretty silly if it didn't show any mods when viewing in the store though.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
2 mods, 10% DCI and Spell channeling and a durability of 255/255 and it's not imbuable either.

Last edited:

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
shield1.jpg
This shield grants a bonus virtue points gained while equipped! The shield provides 8% to all resist penalty free spell channeling and 10%
Defense chance increase. Can be used by Humans, Elves, and Gargoyles and dyed with metallic, plant, and specialty pigments

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Maybe you will not receive the penalties if used with a gargoyle.

The UO shops very first P2W high price item. ;)
You must have a really crappy shield if you think that.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe you will not receive the penalties if used with a gargoyle.

You must have a really crappy shield if you think that.
Was thinking more of the upper hand to collecting the virtues like Tamers getting Honour for those hard to reach Pets, now alot easier if you pay for it. Ect. ;)

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And yet they still won't bump the slots for a Grizzled Mare.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Was thinking more of the upper hand to collecting the virtues like Tamers getting Honour for those hard to reach Pets, now alot easier if you pay for it. Ect. ;)
Maybe. It's not very clear - "This shield grants a bonus virtue points gained while equipped! ' - "a bonus virtue points" - ouch, my grammar sense is burning me - I'm guessing it doesn't mean you gain a virtue any faster but maybe an extra circle of virtue, like 6 dots instead of 5 when equipped - but that's just a guess - who's going to pay the money to actually find out?

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Maybe. It's not very clear - "This shield grants a bonus virtue points gained while equipped! ' - "a bonus virtue points" - ouch, my grammar sense is burning me - I'm guessing it doesn't mean you gain a virtue any faster but maybe an extra circle of virtue, like 6 dots instead of 5 when equipped - but that's just a guess - who's going to pay the money to actually find out?
That's why I mentioned in the other post...you don't HAVE to pay money to find out because it's been on Test Center for awhile now....why people have such an aversion to test center and complain that it's useless and then say stuff like this.... :/

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
That's why I mentioned in the other post...you don't HAVE to pay money to find out because it's been on Test Center for awhile now....why people have such an aversion to test center and complain that it's useless and then say stuff like this.... :/
I don't go on the test center because my UO time is very limited and that's not what I pay for - and I think I have a right to complain about shoddy communication when they're putting something up for sale - you don't think every potential buyer was supposed to be on the test center, do you? They need to communicate better, period

Last edited:

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Until testing for the last global publish, all the test gates were in New Haven. Currently, they are in the new Britain Commons - including a gate for the shield.

That being said, BS's marketing of, well, everything, leaves much to be desired. With three extra characters they could have saved themselves from some criticism.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm not sure the person doing a lot of their write-ups and postings speak English as a first language. Now, I'm no perfectionist and mess up a lot, but I'm not writing things for a big company that is going to be out tehre on the WWW as advertisement, explanation, or encouragement to buy a product.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
At the end of the day spend one whisper cycle at the named Balrons in chaos. Get your Lord back and honor up.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
At the end of the day spend one whisper cycle at the named Balrons in chaos. Get your Lord back and honor up.
Better do that in Dungeon Blackthorn, tram or fel side. You get fame, karma and honour back up with the change for a minax artie drop.
Better honour, karma and fame gains fel side, though.

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not sure the person doing a lot of their write-ups and postings speak English as a first language. Now, I'm no perfectionist and mess up a lot, but I'm not writing things for a big company that is going to be out tehre on the WWW as advertisement, explanation, or encouragement to buy a product.
Me love you more virtue?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Well the shield is nice if you aren't an ARCHER. If you are an ARCHER it's WORTHLESS. Which sucks...

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Everyone knows that archers are amoral, anti-virtuous scoundrels! :devil:
Whatever... this is why I'm a Knight of all Virtues worked up without any bonus... But still the shield does NO good at all for an Archer can't I get a version of that bonus on a Quiver???

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I was thinking earrings or shoes would have been better

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Whatever... this is why I'm a Knight of all Virtues worked up without any bonus... But still the shield does NO good at all for an Archer can't I get a version of that bonus on a Quiver???
What??....you don't expect them to think things through properly do you?.... :D

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
What??....you don't expect them to think things through properly do you?.... :D
I should know better right???

At least 20% is FAR better than the joke that is the Fishermans suit and bait.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I should know better right???

At least 20% is FAR better than the joke that is the Fishermans suit and bait.
I remember that suit......it now sits on one of my mannaquins looking kinda useless ;)