• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] New Store Item: Vaults

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
August 15, 2018 Greetings, With each shard’s maintenance beginning after August 15th, 2018 at 5pm ET the following updates will be available world wide, Vaults will be available for rent once all shards have been updated. The Ultima Store will be updated when vaults are available. Fixed an issue with stone boots.

Continue reading...

Blackie

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Hopefully I can get my stuff out of the bank once i buy this.
I don't see why you couldn't though if all your characters had 125 items in their vaults I don't see how those will get squished into one vault. Let us know how that works out.

So am I right in assuming that vault rent cannot be paid with gold? The description on UO seems to say you must buy 300 sovereigns every month to keep it paid.

funkymonkey

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So let me get this straight, in order for me to access my banks cus im on EJ i need to buy a token to get it out, even tho im happy using the 20 odd slots i get for free?

morPR

PRmeister
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Funny, I found a vault keeper in Brit and she told me about vault coins BUT they weren't available yet. I forget how long a vault coin buys in rent but each one is worth 300 sovs. I guess we're waiting on EA to update the Ultima Store.

So let me get this straight, in order for me to access my banks cus im on EJ i need to buy a token to get it out, even tho im happy using the 20 odd slots i get for free?
Actually, no, you have to subscribe to the game to have full access to your bank box. The vault compliments or is an alternative which lets you share storage between all characters you have in an account on the same shard without having a house. It is rented and items can go into escrow if rent isn't paid which means other players can auction off your vault items.

If I were to use it I wouldn't put anything valuable like a soul stone in it. But maybe resources like regs, ingots, wood, or other crafting mats. Or maybe quickly pass equipment to other characters.

In the past you either hid a bag somewhere remote in the wilderness where you know other players rarely tred or other players gave items to their friends they trusted to give the item over to their other toon.

Vaults are a good idea, but are too late in the game's life cycle (along with EJ itself). I easily see it being more viable in say 2015 or something like that.

Last edited:

Angleswings

Adventurer
I mean, I will say this AGAIN!
You are going thru all this trouble and you really think is worthy??
EJ have a lot of restrictions, no Houses, no bank and you have to buy Sovereign $4.99 to keep some of your stuff?
WHY NOT PAY $13 and you will have full access to the bank and also a HOUSE to store all your extra Pixels! :facepalm:

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Actually, no, you have to subscribe to the game to have full access to your bank box.
I can't remember where but I read that EJ accounts can transfer stuff from their bank to their vault, so I would be able to remove the items from my bank and make my bank usable once again.

WHY NOT PAY $13 and you will have full access to the bank and also a HOUSE to store all your extra Pixels!
I no longer value material possessions in UO. I don't need or want a house or access to more than a few items in my bank at a time. I don't get a chance to play very often these days so $13 a month seems to be more than this game is worth to me. $3 a month is much more manageable for me, but honestly if I can empty my bank boxes I will probably just dump all the stuff that I have collected over the years and go back to playing for free.

I'd like to think that there are other people out there that don't care about the pixels and care more about the relationships and social aspect of the game. If I cared about the pixels I could just spend $100 at an RMT site and then quit because I have everything that I want. That sounds like a waste of $100 to me though.

funkymonkey

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
that's the point, i dont care about the bank, all i want to do is empty my bank use the free bank slots and carry on playing, i got another EJ account just to hold my items.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
that's the point, i dont care about the bank, all i want to do is empty my bank use the free bank slots and carry on playing, i got another EJ account just to hold my items.
Then nothing has changed. You can still play that way. You can buy a vault if needed.

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I bought a vault, junked most of the stuff in my bank, and now I am happy thief who can bank again! $3 well spent.

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I believe it really says that on the item. I may be mistaken as I didn't look at it too hard. I should have taken a screenshot. Sorry

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I bought a vault, junked most of the stuff in my bank, and now I am happy thief who can bank again! $3 well spent.
I thought that it was 3 $ EVERY MONTH, not only a the one time of purchase....

Ain't there a monthly fee that cost 300 Sovereigns every single month that goes by ?

morPR

PRmeister
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thought that it was 3 $ EVERY MONTH, not only a the one time of purchase....

Ain't there a monthly fee that cost 300 Sovereigns every single month that goes by ?
Yes. IF you want to keep your items you put it in it. Stinky Pete found a way to get at his items in bank box without subbing and he says he just junked items he no longer wanted / needed considering they'd be up for grabs prettty soon if he didn't pay for it........

Anyway, the limit of 3 coins total per period of time is stupid. You should be allowed to buy a ton of sovs and just dump them into the vault rent. Broadsword must really want to auction our crap.... Like some new version of Clean UP Brittania or whatever.

Hey, this is gonna create hysteria in the future like I said before..... its the new IDOC.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I mean, I will say this AGAIN!
You are going thru all this trouble and you really think is worthy??
EJ have a lot of restrictions, no Houses, no bank and you have to buy Sovereign $4.99 to keep some of your stuff?
WHY NOT PAY $13 and you will have full access to the bank and also a HOUSE to store all your extra Pixels! :facepalm:
Plus if you decide to take a break anything in your vault goes poof, so I don't see why on earth anyone would ever pay for this.

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Plus if you decide to take a break anything in your vault goes poof, so I don't see why on earth anyone would ever pay for this.
If you don't care about amassing piles and piles of stuff it makes complete sense. I don't enjoy decorating houses and being rich is no concern of mine. Paying $3 occasionally when I happen to have a large amount of stuff is way more economical than paying $10 - $15 a month. I know most people probably wouldn't understand, but it works for me.

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
So a long time ago I had a friend that left Uo and gave me their account info, so I can have their stuff
Now it is EJ account and I can log in and see things I would like to pull out with the purchase of one of these vault tokens

But if it is account bound and I pay for it with my subscription account, I cannot trade it to this EJ account for use?
Is this correct?

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
So a long time ago I had a friend that left Uo and gave me their account info, so I can have their stuff
Now it is EJ account and I can log in and see things I would like to pull out with the purchase of one of these vault tokens

But if it is account bound and I pay for it with my subscription account, I cannot trade it to this EJ account for use?
Is this correct?
Yeah, you would have to buy the vault on the EJ account that used to belong to your friend. You will also notice that vaults cost 300 sovereigns and you can only buy 500 at a time. So you will have 200 left. Classic hot dog bun trick.

funkymonkey

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
what happens if the EJ account like mine is over on items, but i dont buy a vault, is is all safe still? shouldnt go into an auction right?

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you don't care about amassing piles and piles of stuff it makes complete sense. I don't enjoy decorating houses and being rich is no concern of mine. Paying $3 occasionally when I happen to have a large amount of stuff is way more economical than paying $10 - $15 a month. I know most people probably wouldn't understand, but it works for me.
I mean I guess, but I always found that even with a house my bank was always full. There's just a lot of practical stuff you want, and it would probably be pretty annoying to reattain all but 20 (or whatever it is) of those items.

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Then you really shouldn't even need a vault, I guess.
Only to clear the stuff out of my bank or to hold stuff temporarily while trying to find someone to fence it. I'm certainly not going to buy one every month.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Only to clear the stuff out of my bank or to hold stuff temporarily while trying to find someone to fence it. I'm certainly not going to buy one every month.
My point stands then, I guess. You either play the game to collect items, which every encounter and skill is set up to do, in which case you might as well get a house, or you just get a suit and a weapon and you're good to go. The appeal of a vault is limited.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If the vaults cost 100 sovereigns or you could buy them with gold for 5 mil or so a month and pay up to 6 months at a time it would seem reasonable.

How it is now is just .... nvm it’s just typical of this crew.

Waste of time as usual like the ‘Bug publish”

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
You either play the game to collect items, which every encounter and skill is set up to do,
And this is the main issue with the game as it is. The original idea was focused around relationship building. Then at some point it became about collecting stuff. Which soon evolved into collecting stuff alone or with a small group.

Everyone including myself has complaints about the game and its direction but most complaints I read are about how everyone should be able to get all of the stuff they need so that they don't have to rely on anyone else. I challenge everyone to get rid of all of their stuff and start interacting with one another. Go meet some new people. I assure you, you will have a much better time.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And this is the main issue with the game as it is. The original idea was focused around relationship building. Then at some point it became about collecting stuff. Which soon evolved into collecting stuff alone or with a small group.

Everyone including myself has complaints about the game and its direction but most complaints I read are about how everyone should be able to get all of the stuff they need so that they don't have to rely on anyone else. I challenge everyone to get rid of all of their stuff and start interacting with one another. Go meet some new people. I assure you, you will have a much better time.
It was about collecting stuff from day one, I assure you, the different setting/ruleset was the catalyst the interaction. The difference between then and now is that with tram and insurance causing massive power creep it's not only not necessary to team up with others, in many cases it's detrimental to you aims, where as in the past you might not kill that demon (or more importantly that pk) unless you teamed up with someone. Of course the game design doesn't help, as it doesn't do much to promote group play in any fun (or otherwise) way, but...

That was always why siege was more appealing to me, better player interaction, better economy, more natural grouping. Of course with the population dipping as low as it is now it's just not the same as it once was.

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Yeah, you would have to buy the vault on the EJ account that used to belong to your friend. You will also notice that vaults cost 300 sovereigns and you can only buy 500 at a time. So you will have 200 left. Classic hot dog bun trick.

Right.

And since I have no idea what their ea login or information to use to log in and buy sovereigns I wont be able to save anything in this account's bank. They should change the part about being account bound in my opinion.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why is it shard bound ? It’s already account bound ? Why ? What difference does it make, lol :coco:

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
A few things I forgot to mention:

To use it, stand by vault guy and click it once.

You get a receipt that tells you when it expires.

You can say vault inside the vault and it teleports you into a little corner and opens your vault.

You can say bank to open your bank.

You cannot say "vault bank" to open both of them. I am not sure about "bank vault," I assume that doesn't work.

Coco_Zamis_DF

Lore Keeper
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I would assume that it is tradeable before using. On the same shard. And can be used 1st time from another account.