• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] New Legacy Beta Test Weekend #1

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
7/26/2024 Greetings, We are pleased to announce the Ultima Online: New Legacy Beta Testing Weekend #1 will commence today at 12pm ET and conclude Monday, July 29th at 9 AM ET. In anticipation of this release, a new patch is available for both the Classic & Enhanced Clients. The patch is mandatory and all players will need to update their clients before accessing New Legacy or Production Servers. We invite you to please visit the New Legacy Beta Testing Wiki for Testing Guidelines and Frequently Asked Questions. See you in Britannia, UO Team

Continue reading...

1722016265905.png

New Legacy Beta Testing Guide – Ultima Online (uo.com)

1722016602965.png

Last edited by a moderator:

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I've been trying to finish the patch for New Legacy for the last half hour on EC it just keeps getting an error and never finishes. :confused:

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Got a quest to visit bard.
Found him and he asked "house name"
I clicked something like dice and he wont talk to me anymore. Quest not completed.

Am I bugged now or what to do next?

:eyes:

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I can't stay logged in for more than 30 seconds. The only way I can stay logged in for even a minute is for my husband to log out. We are not even playing on the same master account, we have totally separate game accounts. Is this their fix for multi-boxing? Stopping people logging in on the same IP? I really hope not...

Rumples

Visitor
UNLEASHED
I can't stay logged in for more than 30 seconds. The only way I can stay logged in for even a minute is for my husband to log out. We are not even playing on the same master account, we have totally separate game accounts. Is this their fix for multi-boxing? Stopping people logging in on the same IP? I really hope not...
If you are both on EJ you cannot be logged in at the same time. I think you can get it to work with a VPN though.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ya only 1 EJ account can log in at one time on your ISP. They put that in a few months ago.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I haven't been able to play yet... been watching bunch of people play on share screens through Discord... looks really awesome so far. I love the feel of the quest system. Might be easier said than done simply watching someone else play, but excited for the feel of a "new game". Can't wait to try it out this weekend.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I am actually speechless, in over 20 years of beta testing games this is the first time I would have to pay a subscription fee to help with beta testing. I can understand to some extent if this was a production shard but it's a beta test... o_O

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I haven't been able to play yet... been watching bunch of people play on share screens through Discord... looks really awesome so far. I love the feel of the quest system. Might be easier said than done simply watching someone else play, but excited for the feel of a "new game". Can't wait to try it out this weekend.
I have not left Occlo yet, I goof off too much, but this part of the quest system is basically a guided help system. Posters have asked for help for new players for a while. You have to go to every named house.

I have had 3 crash to desktop. Everything is working now, you just have to know to click the grey Visit or Slay button (they turn blue like the bottom one) to make sure you are recognized when you arrive. Then collect to get the reward.

If you stand still a while you get a system msg on where to go if you do push the visit button.

1722024306391.png

1722024420008.png

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I like the New Studded Helm graphic.

Please keep sharing new info.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
When you finish the Occlo quests as a warrior you look like this: Probably 30 min or less if you dont goof off.

1722026577200.png

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am actually speechless, in over 20 years of beta testing games this is the first time I would have to pay a subscription fee to help with beta testing. I can understand to some extent if this was a production shard but it's a beta test... o_O
What do you mean? You don't have to sub to play NL.
I was playing EJ and worked perfectly fine for me...

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When you finish the Occlo quests as a warrior you look like this: Probably 30 min or less if you dont goof off.
Yeah, if you're a warrior, you'll get a set of ringmail armor next in trinsic.
On one hand quests are nice, because you get all the rewards you need. On the other hand it is gameplay on rails.
My biggest issue so far is, that there is zero challenge so far. You're literally facerolling everything...

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Doing tailor quests for make N items do not automark items as quest items. Locating them in backpack is not easiest thing if it sandals in CC
:twak:

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think

You have to start on a new Toon for that.

You are way further than I am. I think I am the only one trying to change to macing. Cant find a Fecbarg to kill.
I am on my 2nd time to the Warrior Guild and alls he talks about are rats and I have the scroll from the Mayor in my backpack

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, how to make money fast? 1 hour running on foot to grab some wool, crafting shirts and trying to point them to mark as quest item makes my arms feel pain.
There are some resources for sale, but money is limited.
:facepalm:

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Me and 3 other people have been in the crypt for 10 minutes and no zombies are spawning, are we in the wrong place?

Lord Ron Fellows

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Triggering (going to a specific area and not standing in the correct title to progress the quest) and finding quest locations (brigand camps, wagons) on CC is painfully buggy. Someone was telling me that EX has an arrow that points you in the right direction, that’s gonna be necessary for CC imo.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I had fun. Reached the dailies. I'm not about to do those on a Beta. I see a lot of spots they may monetize if their dream comes true and New Legacy pops off.

Almost lost a ton of stuff dying in Deceit trying to do them. Going the mage route and dying in Deceit is rough without insurance and a LRC suit. Those little crystal orbs you can put in your left hand aren't blessed.

Mr Bug

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sounds like someone played Wizardry by Sir-Tech Software back in the 80's. Blade Cusinart FTW/

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
When SE and AOS were gonna come out there was an open beta - especially a server stress test in AOS (all the added stuff?). Do you use TC at all when they have changes coming? TC is open beta - and has a subscription fee.

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, I also reached the dailies.
Are those always the same 4?

I did the "confront the monstrous beasts that lurk in the shadows", for which you have to "slay" 8 hinds. LOL. Who comes up with those quest texts...
Rode from Trinsic to the Delucia Passage, killed the hinds, got 4 skillpoints to spend, rode back to trinsic, bought skill at the trainer and wanted to get another quest. And what do you know, its the same 4 quests again like before. Given, we have to raise 5 skills from 60 to 70, we have to do this 12 more times. Which is basically ok, but given, that combat just consists of oneshotting the mobs and the bulk of the time is just spend for riding from and to the quest location, it is very boring...
I'm sitting on 180 bandages, whcih I got from quest rewards and haven't felt the urge to use a single one.
Seriously, can we have some challenge please? This really needs some tuning...

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok, I also reached the dailies.
Are those always the same 4?

I did the "confront the monstrous beasts that lurk in the shadows", for which you have to "slay" 8 hinds. LOL. Who comes up with those quest texts...
Rode from Trinsic to the Delucia Passage, killed the hinds, got 4 skillpoints to spend, rode back to trinsic, bought skill at the trainer and wanted to get another quest. And what do you know, its the same 4 quests again like before. Given, we have to raise 5 skills from 60 to 70, we have to do this 12 more times. Which is basically ok, but given, that combat just consists of oneshotting the mobs and the bulk of the time is just spend for riding from and to the quest location, it is very boring...
I'm sitting on 180 bandages, whcih I got from quest rewards and haven't felt the urge to use a single one.
Seriously, can we have some challenge please? This really needs some tuning...
No they change every hour or 2.

When the Giant Toads are attacking the crates in the swamp 10 of those attacking you is a challenge.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Triggering (going to a specific area and not standing in the correct title to progress the quest) and finding quest locations (brigand camps, wagons) on CC is painfully buggy. Someone was telling me that EX has an arrow that points you in the right direction, that’s gonna be necessary for CC imo.
Open your quest journal and click on 'visit', that's how you get directions to find the location. In both clients.
QuestJournal.png

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I got Pinco's installed but now if I use it the New Legacy server is just not on the list, that totally sucks... :(